Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Cow Shit
    #2543032 - 04/09/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Do you HAVE to sterilize the cow shit from a pasture, fresh or compost? they grow in the wild without being sterile.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejba6511
addict
Re: Cow Shit [Re: fresh313]
    #2543035 - 04/09/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

if you are growing indoors and plan on using the poop, yes. and you pasturerize (sp?) instead of sterilizing

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #2543101 - 04/09/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Cow Shit [Re: jba6511]
    #2543141 - 04/09/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jba6511 said:
if you are growing indoors and plan on using the poop, yes. and you pasturerize (sp?) instead of sterilizing

If it is the old,dried,aged poop,you need to do nothing but soak it in water for 24 hour and then drain it until no more water drains out-You do not have to do anything else-use it just like that!! :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Cow Shit [Re: doc34]
    #2543173 - 04/09/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

If it is the old,dried,aged poop,you need to do nothing but soak it in water for 24 hour and then drain it until no more water drains out-You do not have to do anything else-use it just like that!! 

:thumbdown: While you may personally have had success with this method, pasteurisation is recommended for a reason. It dramitically reduces the likelyhood of contamination. Beware.

-Odium

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2543196 - 04/09/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

There are almost always competitor fungi in dung piles. If it goes unpasteurized/sterilized these fungi won't be suppressed and may grow along side/instead of the desired species. i wouldn't recomend this to anyone with limited experience for that reason, who knows what may grow out of it. You may end up with soe nasty pains, or worse.

Peace - @cro

--------------------

Anonymous

#2543591 - 04/09/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I usually see mycilium or cobweb mold on moist horse poo before the pastuerization process

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Cow Shit [Re: fee]
    #2543962 - 04/09/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

old shit eh, sounds good

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

#2544439 - 04/09/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yes it does these 2 pics was taken on 4/7/04

And then again on 4/8/04

This is another one taken on 4/7/04

and again on 4/8/04

The first 2 caseings are a mix of 50%cow poop/50%verm
The last set of pics is a caseing of str8 cow poop
There are no contams and I have found that natural cow poop is quite contam resistant!!IME!!

I have more pics if needed? :thumbup: :cool:

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Shit [Re: fee]
    #2546080 - 04/10/04 07:05 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fee said:
I usually see mycilium or cobweb mold on moist horse poo before the pastuerization process

I'm speaking of cow poop but this is ok too!
If you see this in the poop - you dont use it!Unless you want to just put it in a jar and let it grow to see what you get like I did!

But I wouldn't recommend that cause it is like a guessing game-guess what I'm growing?-you never know what you get-unless you just know!lol

But you need the poop that is clean throughout it-break it open and if you see nothing but cow poop its good,but if you see any white fuzzy stuff then the pile is already occupied by something other than what you want it to be

And for you people who have downed every post I have made concerning cow shit-well I have pics for you all!!

And its just not"it may work for you but that doesnt mean it will work for everyone"Thats bull-Doesnt that apply to the pf tek?Yes it does!!!!!For that matter it applies to every tek on this site-now call me out on that one!!!What works for some doesnt always work for others!
I have 10 casings done this way (all were done at different times and under different cicumstances)so doesnt that mean it has been proven to be correct 10 different times?

Its just that for the noobie to do what you all state(pf tek along with the other teks)you have to be sterile here and sterile there and pasteurise here and pasteurise there-when in all reality you only need to be completely sterile when you are preparing your jars and innoculating-after that you dont have to do anything as I have done!

:razz:

BTW-For you contam freaks out there-

I took all of my contaminated jars and cut away all of the good mycelium(what I could see with the naked eye)and I put it in a container and sprinkled a little pure cow poop on top-I kept doing this until the container was full and when I woke up the other morning I decided to apply a casing layer-(seeing as it has 100% colonized the cow poop)and then I saw the pins-
4/7/04
4/8/04

4/9/04

:lol: :lol:

--------------------

Edited by doc34 (04/10/04 07:37 AM)

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

#2546747 - 04/10/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

OH btw -the casing in the last 5 pics was turned upside down-why cause as you can see there were no pins on top,but there were on the bottom of container.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2547625 - 04/10/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Shroom on :thumbup:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineBennyb_wpg
first timegrower
Re: Cow Shit [Re: KaptKid]
    #2547880 - 04/11/04 01:05 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

my question on using cow shit to grow is..... after you have a casing layer over it, will it stink up your house?? (if its in a sealed fruiting chamber)

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Shit [Re: Bennyb_wpg]
    #2548072 - 04/11/04 02:35 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No!-Old , aged cow poop doesnt smell like poop!.To be quite honest it smells like a good composted dirt!!
But no it wont stink up your place at all!!(As long as it isnt fresh!)

Try it! :thumbup: :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #2548080 - 04/11/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Old, aged leached cow manure collected from a nearby farm.

24hrs under water to hydrate it.

Pulverise it by crumbling with your hands.

Load to pillow cases and pasteurise to a large pot. The trivet next to the pot is made from an old frying pan, rip off the handle and drill a bunch of holes. It's to keep the bags off the hot base of the pot. 160f to 170f for 45minutes per bag held down by a brick. Top up water taken by bags with a kettle at the ready.

Leave the pillow cases to drain over night, toss into a tub and then mix in the spawn. Works fine outdoors or indoors.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Edited by Starter (04/11/04 02:41 AM)

OfflineBennyb_wpg
first timegrower
Re: Cow Shit [Re: Starter]
    #2548501 - 04/11/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

thanks a lot for the info doc and starter, i'll be sure to try it on my next grow.

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Shit [Re: Starter]
    #2550388 - 04/12/04 04:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Starter said:
Old, aged leached cow manure collected from a nearby farm.

Thats a little "older"than I use myself(in my opinion)-see the white stuff?
But if you want to you can use that-but I just dont like the idea of putting Animal Feces(crap)on my stove and pasteurizing it in my kitchen-Thats just down right nasty!!!IN MY OPINION!

So I get the stuff that is a little fresher than that-if you can pick it up its good-if you pick it up and it runs through your fingers and it smells like shit-well thats too fresh!

You can use what ever you want to!

BUT I REPEAT _ IF YOU ARE IN SEARCH OF THE "PERFECT CUBENSIS" PLEASE FOLLOW EVERYTHING YOU FIND IN THIS SITE TO THE EXACT LETTER!!!!THESE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST OF THE BEST OF SHROOMS WHEN IT COMES TO GROWING THEM--------------------I'M NOT!!!!!!!

I'M JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE SOMETHING TO TAKE EVERY NOW AND AGAIN.
MY METHODS HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR A LONG TIME-EVEN BEFORE THIS SITE WAS MADE AND BEFORE THESE PEOPLE WERE BORN-NATURE ROCKS!!

MY APPOLOGIES GO OUT TO EVERYONE THAT I MAY HAVE PISSED-OFF-DIDNT MEAN TO MAKE YOU GUYS MAD-JUST WANTED TO PROVE A POINT ABOUT GROWING.NOT EVERYONE HAS THE MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES TO PREFORM WHAT YOU GUYS ARE STATEING.
SO WHY NOT START UP A GROW LOG FOR DUMMIES?INSTEAD OF MAKEING FUN OF THEM WHEN THEY COME ON YOUR SITE ASKING FOR INFORMATION?
AND YES -I HAVE READ SOME PRETTY SNAPPY REMARKS FROM A FEW FELLOWS CONCERNING GROWING AND NEWBIES---SSSTTTOPPPPPPPPP!!VVV
VVVV
WERE'NT YOU GUYS NEWBIES ONCE?
SO BACK OFF PEOPLE(I KNOW ITS COMICAL AT TIMES)WE NEED THESE NEWBIES TO CARRY THIS SITE INTO ANOTHER GENERATION UNLESS YOU GUYS JUST WANT THIS SITE TO DIE OUT WHEN YOU GUYS DO.

SHOW THEM HOW TO GET ONE SHROOM UNTIL THEY GET THE HANG OF IT!
YOU KNOW THE OLD TRICK-HOOK,LINE,AND SINKER?
MY FIRST ATTEMPT WENT COMPLETELY TO HELL!!!!ALONG WITH A FEW 20 DOLLAR BILLS!!LISTENING TO THE "HOMESTEAD KIT"18 YEARS AGO!!!I DIDNT PICK UP A SPORE PRINT AGAIN UNTIL 2/14/04 JUST BECAUSE THE WAY THEY SAID TO GROW IS(WAS)BEYOND MY MEANS-TOO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED.

IT DOESNT COST ANYTHING TO INNOCULATE A PILE OF COW SHIT (EXCEPT THE PRINT AND SYRINGE).AND A LITTLE OF YOUR TIME IN DOING SO. 

NOW THAT I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED WHAT WOULD HAVE COST ME ALMOST A $100.00 IN SUPPLIES(I HAD NOTHING IN THIS EXCEPT TIME IN DOING IT) I CAN NOW MOVE ON TO  "THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT MUSHROOM!" DOING IT YOUR WAY!!
MY WAY WORKS ! IT MAY NOT PRODUCE THE FATTEST AND FASTEST GROWING SHROOMS OUT THERE-BUT IT DOES PRODUCE SOME POTENT "LIL"MUSHIES!

I'M NOT A DEALER AND I DONT GROW IN BULK(WHO CAN EAT ALL OF THOSE?)CAUSE I WILL NEVER USE THAT MANY.
I JUST DONT LIKE TO THROW AWAY MONEY-I KNOW YOU STATE THAT,IF YOU FOLLOW THE PF TEK TO THE LETTER YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!!!

BBBUUULLLSSSHHHIIITTT!!!!

RESTATE THAT-YOU "MIGHT" SUCCEED(DEPENDING ON HOW CLEAN YOU ARE AND HOW WELL YOU FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!

HAHAHA-I LOST 24 JARS TO CONTAMS MY FIRST ATTEMPT!BUT I HAVENT FAILED ONCE SINCE I BEEN DOING IT MY WAY(NATURES WAY).

I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS TO INFORM PEOPLE ABOUT MUSHROOMS?

WHO WAS IT THAT GREW SOME ON A BIBLE?WHO WAS IT THAT GREW SOME IN A SEA SPONGE?WHO WAS IT THAT GREW SOME ON A QUARTER POUND OF WHITE WIDOW?
SCREW THIS -I'M SICK OF TRYING TO EXPLAIN MY REASONS OF DOING THIS!

PSILOCYBE CUBENSIS IS NOT HARD TO GROW AT ALL!!!

USE YOUR OWN IMMAGINATION AND HAVE FUN DOING IT!!

GROW THEM OUT YOUR ASS IF YOU WANT TOO I DONT CARE- I CAME ON HERE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES WITH YOU GUYS AND ALL I EVER GET IS "OH GOD YOU CANT DO THAT CAUSE YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR YOU WILL GET COANTAMS THIS AND CONTAMS THAT-WELL CONTAM THIS-
:thumbdown: :razz:

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Shit [Re: Bennyb_wpg]
    #2550392 - 04/12/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

BENNYB?
IF YOU APPLY A CASEING LAYER-YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST PASTEURISE THIS PART!WHY?IT WILL CONTAM MORE TIMES THAN NOT BECAUSE THAT LAYER(UNLESS PURE POOP)DOES NOT HAVE ANY WAY TO FIGHT THEM OFF-AND BESIDES ITS MAN MADE AND MAN MAKES MISTAKES-NATURE DOESNT!!!!!!!

SO PASTEURISE OR STERILISE YOUR TOP LAYER UNLESS YOU ARE USEING STR8 POOP!

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

#2550498 - 04/12/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Oh let me state this before I start a war on here.

FEE,STARTER,@cro,Oduimjunkie--what I have stated is not aimed at you guys personally-I'm just speaking to the mass population in general.
I am not pinpointing any individual at all.

mushrooms have been growing in cow shit how long?since the first cow ate a spore-laden blade of grass and shit it out right?

man has been cultivating mushrooms indoors for how long?

Contaminates have been killing off these mushroom spores in nature for how long?
Ever see pink bread mold on a pile of cow shit?Ever seen trich ona a pile of cow shit?
these contaminates that you all speak of are indoor contams-or should I say man induced.maybe I'm wrong on this but I have never seen any of these contams in the wild-please show me some pics of this(especially growing from cow shit)I will take them to my science teacher(if I can find him after 21 years)and I'll slap him in the face with it for lying to me!!lol

day 1-man finds a mushroom in cow pile
day 2-man eats mushroom and gets intoxicated from it and likes it
day 3-man decides to grow this mushroom
day 4-man attempts but fails-why?(whats that green stuff?it wasnt there when I found this shroom-must be a contaminate)
day 5-man decides there is a better way
day 6-man finds a way to cultivate this mushroom indoors
day 7-man improves on this method.
day 8-man comes up with a system to cultivate this mushroom and it works well
day 9-man has many mushrooms now
day 10-man tells other man that he cant grow on cow shit
day 11 man#2 tells everyone else to go back to day one and tell him it cant be done!!!

it is done in nature every day without fail somewhere in the world.you can try and give the best you can to your mushrooms and in all reality you still have a mushroom that grew from shit!!according to its ancestrial heritage!

So to the people who tells me not to try this I say to you -you are not GOD and you are not Mother-nature you are a man with an opinion on an issue that has been proven to be correct by nature itself-
now WHO'S WRONG?

BOOYYAAHH!!!!

--------------------

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #2550503 - 04/12/04 07:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>Ever seen trich ona a pile of cow shit?

yes. and no i dont have a pic.

contaminates are not only competitor fungi....
just wait till the fruit flies, fungal gnats, or nematodes take over your terarium.

if your dung is not pasturized they will eventually.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract