Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Being lighthearted to those with a heavy heart.
    #2550290 - 04/12/04 05:38 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to
whatever abyss Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
"
~~T. H. Huxely

Discuss...

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Being lighthearted to those with a heavy heart. [Re: David_Scape]
    #2552980 - 04/13/04 01:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I admit, I think like a child. There. Now that that's out of the way...

When one thinks like a child, the world is a playground. It's when we drop the view we had when we were children and see the world through grown-up eyes that we are limited in our understanding.

As we become adults, we begin to see the world as a serious place, with hard lines and without room for nonsequiturs.

If we continue to see the world as a child sees it, then it's a magical, fun, mysterious place, full of adventure and surprises.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Being lighthearted to those with a heavy heart. [Re: David_Scape]
    #2553154 - 04/13/04 02:49 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The challenge is to adopt the good characteristics of being an adult while retaining the good characteristics of children.

Sometimes two year olds can be boogers.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
A point is being missed here. [Re: David_Scape]
    #2553316 - 04/13/04 04:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Humility.

Humility is not humiliation - not exactly - but it is connected with humiliation.

Overt humiliation will make one angry, Covert humiliation will make one ashamed. One might make you murder, the other might make you commit suicide.

Both, the overt and covert will alienate you. Physical alienation aside, overt alienation has sociopathy at the end of it's road; covert alienation has psychosis and/or depression at it's end. When you rise from alienation, or at least taste it's lesson, you have cultivated humility.

To me, i've felt covertly rejected my whole life. Further isolation then brought me to the threshold of suicide, and i was faced with a choice. A.)pull the trigger B.)Fight C.)Accept.

I chose A, and after realizing i lack the guts, I then chose B, and now I'm working on C. Everybody is facing this almost every moment of their lives from a certain point of view. Anybody can notice it intellectually. But it's when your life is truely threatend by it, do you really see your predicament.

Acceptance, you'll find, is not as simply defined as a state of mind. Well, it is, but it's more of an "evolving habit".
Such a concept is not a state of mind so much as it is a skill. If the skill was perfectly cultivated, then you can safely say acceptance is a simple state of mind.

Humility is in acceptance and acceptance in humility. To genuinely seek truth; to truely learn, you must follow humbly the idea that you might be wrong, and learn not just from everybody and everything, but from every experience. To truely listen, not just react to what is being said. To understand as empathy. To give yourself; sacrifice; or to give up every preconcieved notion.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology