Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
I went to confession for easter...
    #2550172 - 04/12/04 04:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, for the first time in over 6 years, and I think some of the "sins" I had to confess really disturbed the priest.

I told him that I'm starting to lose faith in organized religion and pursue a more personalized approach to spirituality.

He looked at me like I told him I just murdered my mother.

"Without religion, one is lost." he concluded defiantly, after a lengthy sales pitch concerning the advantages of a communal faith.
      "Well, do you ever go to church?" he asks, like I had just failed the midterm and he's desperately searching to give me some half-marks.
    " Not really anymore", I say. "But once in a while."
    "Once in a while...", he echoed, evidently disheartened and disappointed. Yep, I had failed him miserably as a Christian, and my mere presence in his church was a disgrace. There is no more hope for me now, I'll be burning in hell soon enough.
It was like the whole time he was only humouring me, like the doctor tells the dying patient that he'll be "just fine", but really he's thinking," oh man, this guy is just done for."

Needless to say, I felt like shit after leaving the church.

Since when the hell does it matter how one chooses to connnect with their spiritual side? If your end result is a stronger relationship with God, who gives a funk how you get there, eh??? :mushroom2: :bong: :sun: :heart:

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: I went to confession for easter... [Re: manna_man]
    #2550521 - 04/12/04 09:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

...word :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2550536 - 04/12/04 09:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Theres this who everyone calls "Tomato" that goes to my school. He's only about 15, smiles constantly, and I genuinely believe he has found god through Christianity. I had a pretty in-depth discussion with him about spirituality and philosophy.

We saw eye-to-eye on many levels. There are so many correlations between religions. True Christianity is like a form of literal diluted Buddhism that strays away from the concept of reincarnation (and disguises other concepts through metaphors and simple phrases) for the purpose of breaking free of its endless cycle in this lifetime, through a much strived for relationship with god.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2550543 - 04/12/04 09:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"Without religion, one is lost". Quite the statment. No one wants to be lost! And if they have religion, they will be found! Rejoice Halleluiah Soul Brotha Amen! :lol:

Basically, that statement is coming from the same vein as "Buy Pepsi or you are uncool!" "Wear Abercrombie and you'll be one cool prep!" :nonono:

It is a tatic to bring people into line.. don't feel bad about it, not at all. You should have smiled at him and told him that you appreciated his concern, but that you really are happy and feel in touch with God living by your own spirituality. :lol:

When they try to lay guilt on you, hit 'em right back with appreciation for their concern and good vibes. Then they will feel guilty for trying to lay guilt on you. *laughs out loud again* :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2550548 - 04/12/04 09:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Since when the hell does it matter how one chooses to connnect with their spiritual side? If your end result is a stronger relationship with God, who gives a funk how you get there, eh???

Precisely agreed. While there's such a broad range of religions (including all denominations) and spiritual practices on this planet Earth alone, there's only one faith; that is, in The Creator.

So, in the end..it really doesn't matter which route you take.
Well, I'm not sure about route 666.. :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2551747 - 04/12/04 05:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Some faiths - Roman Catholicism, most Protestant denominations (Unitarians excluded, if they even can be called Protestant), Eastern Orthodoxy (Greek, Russian, Roumanian) - maintain a mind-set of monopoly on GOD. Post-Vatican II basically stopped saying that it was a "mortal sin" (vs. "venial sin," as if the Bible differentiates) to receive communion at a Protestant church - just 'don't make a habit of it.' After centuries of warfare, the Catholics and Orthodox have had to recognize the validity of each other's position, whereas most Protestant denominations despise Rome and the Pope and have little or nothing to say about the Orthodox (with all their mystical art and incense, and ties to Mt. Athos and such). Meanwhile, pretty much everyone still hates the Jews - the very foundation of Christianity. It's embarrassing to be caught hating anyone if one is professing to be Christian - especially the very people Jesus belonged to.

Of the 'other' People of the Book - Muslims - I don't know what most Christians have to say. I don't think most Christians know who to dislike more: Jews who do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah, or Muslims who deny that Jesus was in fact crucified, while recognizing Him as a Prophet, also not the Messiah. One would think that Christians would understand that Jesus Himself said that "I am not come for the righteous, but for the sinners," and thus, not believing in Original Sin Himself, recognized that there were in fact righteous people who already had a relationship with GOD. One would think that the wolf-in-sheep-clothing Christians would have a bigger bone to pick with Muslims whose Prophet said that the Passion Play is a downright lie - that since it is a shameful death, no Prophet of GOD would be hung on a cross, so Jesus was never crucified - let alone resurrected.

As to all the pagan faiths like Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Taoism, etc....forgetaboutit. None of those people could possibly have a relationship to GOD, or be in The Way (even if that's what 'Tao' or 'Dao' means, or the Middle Way in Buddhism) because the cultural filters and flavors are so-o different that so-called Christians cannot discern the wheat from the chaff - cannot tell a holy person from another faith, because being without true holiness (wholeness) themselves, they couldn't tell a holy person in their own traditions either! Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Incense

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology