Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Water Bongs/pipes
    #2549181 - 04/11/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

A lot of people say the water in these devices "filters out the bad shit" :smirk: ... C'mahhhn What the hell does that mean?

Anyone know if thats true, and what exactly it filters out. I need to get a new pipe because of a sad, sad story involving a pipe that was very close to me, which was lost :sad: It was a hand blown glass pipe with an octupus on the top that just looked so cool, and mystical and shit. It's a long story so I wont bother posting it.

The real deal here is I need to try and find a replacement. I want to get another handblown regular pipe, but I dont wanna hear shit from my buddies saying "Ohhhh I aint usin that, I have a WATER PIPE!" Anyone know the real facts here? :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: Hahzist]
    #2549214 - 04/11/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've read a study saying that water filters out a significant quantity of THC, so you need to smoke more bud and you actually cop more of the cancerous chemicals because of that.

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

OfflineHahzist

Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: teen]
    #2549217 - 04/11/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hahahaha NICE! Thank you man! Can anyone confirm that?

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2549223 - 04/11/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yes, smoking out of a bong is FAR better than pipes. I know that I've smoked out of a pipe maybe three times this year, where as I hit the bong every day simply because I find it to be a much smoother hit.

The bong, or water pipe, as it was originally intended for tobacco, filters out a deal of the tar and other nasty resiny stuff. Look at any well used bowl, if you smoke from a pipe, or worse, a joint (GASP! can't remember the last time I smoked one of those...) that shit goes ALL over your lungs. EGAD!!!! That's bad.

This is my water pipe, it's a cong-bong, I call her the lil' sipper :wink:

My friend has a wicked three chamber cong-bong, it's scary beautiful!
Basically, the water filters out tars, resins, bad things of that nature that are harmful to your lungs. Mind you, it doesn't get it all though :frown: so you might still have long term health problems like lung cancer :frown: or, if you don't excersize regularly, shortness of breath, easy fatigue, scary shit.

Personally, I'm saving up for a vaporizor. If you ever really get into weed, get one of these. They heat the weed to about 400F which boils out the THC (boils at 396F iirc) so you breath in pure THC. Good for the lungs and the greatest high you can experience on weed.

--------------------

OfflineHahzist

Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: jux]
    #2549259 - 04/11/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Damn that bong is sweet.  :thumbup:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2549289 - 04/11/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

gratzi, it's a party favorite, get's me free weed at parties, lol :smile:

if only I could afford a roor ...

droool ..... glass on glass perfection

as for teen's comment, i've never heard that before. I can't confirm it or deny it, sorry. My personal experience, however, has been that the bong really just feels that much better.

--------------------

OfflineHahzist

#2549347 - 04/11/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Awh, beautfiul :loveeyes: ... Anyway, after some of my own research, I came across this 

"I think the jury is still out on this one ; a study
(http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html/) has found,
paradoxically, that the tar:THC ratio of marijuana smoke was better
from an unfiltered joint than from a bong or even vapourizer. The
conclusion was that water did absorb some tar and some THC and that it was better at absorbing THC than tar. Since most smokers titrate their dose by how they feel, which is related to how much THC (and other cannabinoids) they hence end up getting more tar from a bong." (http://www.maps.org/forum/1999/msg00415.html)  :grin:  :thumbup:  :stoned:

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
    #2549370 - 04/11/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yes but not all the thc gets absorbed when you puff off a joint or pipe, the smoke is harsher so you cant hold it.

In a bong the smoke is nice and cool so you can hold it and absorb more THC and get higher.

So unless you have lungs of steel then a bong is better.

plus most pipes and joints burn my tounge.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2549379 - 04/11/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

My weed experience is limited, but I've smoked out of a pipe and a bong and I definately (as a newbie to weed) preferred the bong.

OfflineHahzist

Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: Kingkole]
    #2549384 - 04/11/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yah, the smoke from a regualr pipe can be a bit harsh, and you gotta watch the ash, I know that from experience  :crazy:. But as long as you take moderate hits, its not too harsh to hold in.

Also, when one hits a bong what happens is it starts out so mild, so you think you can keep inhaling, then out of nowhere you start coughing uncontrollably and you cant hold it in. Im not sure exactly why this happens, but it definitly does at least to me and people ive seen. With pipes, you basically know when your hit is over.

So in either case you have to make sure your hits are mild.

Yah, I have to admit I like using a bong myself. The hits are cleaner, and the smoke is cooled. I dont know about the hits being easier to hold in, but definitly, cleaner. My deal is I dont have the money to go out and buy a fancy bong. So id either get an ugly water pipe that wont act as a good replacement for my special pipe, or I can get a cool handblown 30 dollar piece.

With the info that THC can be sucked into the water, it will give my new piece some credibility among my fellow smoking pals and I.  :mushroom2:

Edited by Hahzist (04/11/04 08:03 PM)

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2549413 - 04/11/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Would using hot or cold water make a difference?? Iv used boiling hot water and ice cold water.. The boiling hot is very nice when your sick

Has a very large ice chamber.. best hits iv ever taken.

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: Legoulash]
    #2549512 - 04/11/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

People ofter put in hot water and then cold water if they have a 2 chamber bong.

I have smoked out of a bong filled with crushed ice to.

I cant hold hit off a pipe cuz i have old "scars" from throat surgery and it burns like no tomorrow when i use a pipe.

Edited by Kingkole (04/11/04 11:41 PM)

Offlinebeam
Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: Kingkole]
    #2549589 - 04/11/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Bongs are the way to get stoned one nice bong and it will be like a joint in one go and in a quater of the amount, after a while you'll be haystacking the cone and ripping it down nice and clean, then upgrading with a bigger cone then after a bit haystacking that fucker too, considering your smoking everyday.

Joints are the best way to go, if your a bongsmoker it will take a while off the bongs to actually feel anything from a joint but after a while it will get you nicely fucked, also there is a way to smoke joints to get high, you'll learn over time.

To me bongs are dirty, smelly and require special care, especially with glass ones, it does become your pride and joy (jux knows what i'm on about), but in my opinion they are more trouble than their worth. Bongs get you stoned, joints get you high, high is so much better. But then again frequency of use has a bit to do with it as well.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: beam]
    #2550925 - 04/12/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i know exactly what you mean beam, a bong becomes an extention of oneself. :smile:

Hahzist, as for why you cough so uncontrollabley on bongs, it's probably because you underestimate the stack. Once you learn how to use a given bong, you rarely ever choke the smoke. I've gotten proficient enough with my own peice to ghost most of my hits.

As for the THC to tar ratio, the vaporizer can't possibley be bad, since there is NO tar at all. As for the bong, to understand where I'm coming from you must understand that I only smoke KB, so one fat bowl and I'm in heaven. Perhaps for mersh a joint is better, but I'm deffinitely never going back to joints as a means of getting stoned.

--------------------

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

#2550972 - 04/12/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I laughed when I saw this as a topic on the board because last night I made a bong out of a 500mL water bottle, a pen, some alluminum foil, and some chewing gum :smile:

It was great!  The hits were big, but not harsh at all and we got pretty stoned.  I've always enjoyed bong rips - they seem to get you higher quicker, there's less smoke/stink, and the water really does seem to cool down or decrease the harshness of the smoke.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: Euphoria]
    #2551112 - 04/12/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

just be careful with those ghetto-riggers. plastic and alluminum both give off toxic fumes when heated

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: teen]
    #2551235 - 04/12/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I've read a study saying that water filters out a significant quantity of THC, so you need to smoke more bud and you actually cop more of the cancerous chemicals because of that.

Ive read this study too and i do not believe it. There is many for factors to look at then just thc compared to smoke. I would like to see more studies done on this.

The theory behind water filtration is that THC is not water solubile and a lot of the tars and other funky stuff is so when the smoke passes thru the thc bubbles right thru while some of the tars disolve into the water making the smoke cleaner/healthier.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #2551948 - 04/12/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a pipe man, myself...
Though I can never resist a hookah.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Offlinedaveball0420
journeyman
    #2552162 - 04/12/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Before i broke my bong and bubbler, i used one or the other everyday. Now, i use my bowl everyday, and i realy miss bong rips. If given the choice, i would definatly buy a nice bong... the smoke is much cleaner and smoother... and they get you stoned as fuck. Hahzist, definatly buy a waterpiece. If you cant afford a bong, look into a nice bubbler

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Water Bongs/pipes [Re: daveball0420]
    #2552616 - 04/12/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Bongs are a must. I dont know where i would be without my bong. People love it number 1. People love to come and smoke it. Its a nice centerpiece. It makes a excellent conversation piece. It gets you way way higher than a pipe ever would since you inhale massive quantities of smoke.

Bongs are pretty cheap man. I got my 16 inch Kaoz for 60$ on clearance. Only way to smoke.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds