Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefuzzysig
user

dreams interpretation forums?
    #25493297 - 09/27/18 04:46 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I had some weird dreams lately trying to figure out if theres any meaning to them.
whats a good place to ask about it. I couldng find much on google

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: dreams interpretation forums? [Re: fuzzysig]
    #25493870 - 09/27/18 08:52 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I find the metaphors to be reflections of personal activity. After posting an idea culminating in a mute virgin goddess I dream about one but in a way that took me a while to make the connection between the action and the dream.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: dreams interpretation forums? [Re: fuzzysig]
    #25494159 - 09/27/18 10:48 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:
I had some weird dreams lately trying to figure out if theres any meaning to them.
whats a good place to ask about it. I couldng find much on google

Unless an analyst has a broad knowledge of the specific dreamer's biography, and a knowledge of his recent life events, an accurate dream analysis will not be possible. The analyst him/herself needs to have a pretty broad knowledge base of world mythologies, fairytales, folklore, occult and religious traditions in order to be a versatile interpreter of dreams. Dream images do not have single, invariant meanings. This means that 'dream dictionariess' are worse than useless. There is a good book by Robert Johnson entitled Inner Work which I recommend to you. It can teach you how to amplify (lay out several possible meanings) the individual images that appear in dreams, and connect them in a coherent way that will provide some meaning to you. Untrained individuals will at best guess, or more likely just project their own psychological material onto you if you ask what your dream images mean. Also, the emotions accompanying the images are of equal importance to an analysis of the dream.

This is an area I received years of training in both as an analysand in my own analysis and in training seminars and I would not want to discourage your interest, but dream analysis not a guessing game, there is method to it according to the school of dream analysis one employs. There are archetypes and universal themes that can be discerned in "Big Dreams." Usual dreams may result from a late assimilation of the day's events, from anxiety, from a physical illness, from certain medications, or as Charles Dickens surmised in A Christmas Carol, "...an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato." There are precognitive and prophetic dreams as well. Reading this book is a good introduction to working with dreams and something called Active Imagination (which is not your childhood version), where you get into dialogue with dream characters.
https://www.amazon.com/Inner-Work-Dreams-Imagination-Personal/dp/0062504312/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538102558&sr=8-1&keywords=inner+work

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineEntheogenicSerpent
Stranger
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: dreams interpretation forums? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25503182 - 10/01/18 01:40 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I'm reading Freud's Interpretation of Dreams, so if you want to post a dream I'll have fun trying to give you their meaning, and you may choose the most fitting out of those.

But as MarkostheGnostic said it's not easy, even if maybe something out of my dreams I can make sense of.

--------------------
Looking for shrooms

ATTENTION
My Contributions on IDs are to be followed by your own research, as I'm not even close to being a mushroom expert, I'm here to learn too.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: dreams interpretation forums? [Re: EntheogenicSerpent]
    #25503284 - 10/01/18 02:30 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicSerpent said:
I'm reading Freud's Interpretation of Dreams, so if you want to post a dream I'll have fun trying to give you their meaning, and you may choose the most fitting out of those.

But as MarkostheGnostic said it's not easy, even if maybe something out of my dreams I can make sense of.

So, you're reading Freud's first book published in 1900, and you are offering dream interpretation based on this? How cute. :smile: It is not about being difficult to analyze dreams, it is about training and experience! It's like everything else. My plumber (a former student of mine) took over from his dad, and 20 years later he is a MUCH better plumber than when he began (he once left me with a leaking pool pump PVC joint). It used to take me weeks or months to arrive at a fix using hypnotherapy (and many times failed) and now, 29 years later, I can usually complete the job in 2-3 sessions.  There is the entire 20th century and almost 20% of the 21st century for you to to consider. If you become completely conversant with Freud's Psychoanalytic books and clinical papers, there is C.G. Jung's school of Analytical Psychology to become conversant with. Just as there may not have been a Christianity without a Judaism to emerge from, there may not have been a Jungian psychology without a Freudian psychology to emerge from, so it is important in both instances to know about origins. Don't forget Otto Rank and Stanislav Grof to name a couple of important theorists regarding dreams.

The premises of Jung, for example, extend beyond the Oedipal-Electra Complexes of Freud. My parents' both could've been described by Freud's theories, but Jung and Grof describe my psychology WAY more adequately. Of course Freudians are always procrustean, reducing the experiences of others to their own limited concepts. Transcendence and spirituality  has NO place in Psychoanalysis other than being reduced to displaced sexual dynamics. The highest mystical or psychedelic-mystical states described in the world religions, the yogic samadhis, the Buddhist jhanas, etc. are squeezed into the singular category of "Oceanic Experience," - an imaginative regression to floating in our mother's womb. :lol: Dude, give yourself some time before you hang out a shingle. :yesnod:

--------------------

Stranger
Male

#25503590 - 10/01/18 04:24 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

EntheogenicSerpent said:

So, you're reading Freud's first book published in 1900, and you are offering dream interpretation based on this? How cute. :smile: It is not about being difficult to analyze dreams, it is about training and experience! It's like everything else. My plumber (a former student of mine) took over from his dad, and 20 years later he is a MUCH better plumber than when he began (he once left me with a leaking pool pump PVC joint). It used to take me weeks or months to arrive at a fix using hypnotherapy (and many times failed) and now, 29 years later, I can usually complete the job in 2-3 sessions.  There is the entire 20th century and almost 20% of the 21st century for you to to consider. If you become completely conversant with Freud's Psychoanalytic books and clinical papers, there is C.G. Jung's school of Analytical Psychology to become conversant with. Just as there may not have been a Christianity without a Judaism to emerge from, there may not have been a Jungian psychology without a Freudian psychology to emerge from, so it is important in both instances to know about origins. Don't forget Otto Rank and Stanislav Grof to name a couple of important theorists regarding dreams.

The premises of Jung, for example, extend beyond the Oedipal-Electra Complexes of Freud. My parents' both could've been described by Freud's theories, but Jung and Grof describe my psychology WAY more adequately. Of course Freudians are always procrustean, reducing the experiences of others to their own limited concepts. Transcendence and spirituality  has NO place in Psychoanalysis other than being reduced to displaced sexual dynamics. The highest mystical or psychedelic-mystical states described in the world religions, the yogic samadhis, the Buddhist jhanas, etc. are squeezed into the singular category of "Oceanic Experience," - an imaginative regression to floating in our mother's womb. :lol: Dude, give yourself some time before you hang out a shingle. :yesnod:

I've read Grof's "Last Journey" (or how it is called in english) and thus I am acquainted with his theories, although not the ones on the dreams.
I like Jungan collectives myths, to which Grof made a comparison for explaining psychedelic experiences.

I'm not Freudian by any means, I just think that it's an interesting read that I'm not reading for correct or even up to date knowledge, but, among the other things, to read about ninteenth century Europe's people and culure.

Then again, I find, in my humble understanding, that I agree on some of Freud's theories, or that at least, I can apply them to my dreams and try to get something more out of it. Just like other approaches of the Viennese doctor seem too exaggerated.

If you want to drop some titles here go ahead and I'll put them in my reading queue.

Just having fun here, and reading the stuff I feel to :smile:

--------------------
Looking for shrooms

ATTENTION
My Contributions on IDs are to be followed by your own research, as I'm not even close to being a mushroom expert, I'm here to learn too.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: dreams interpretation forums? [Re: EntheogenicSerpent]
    #25504501 - 10/01/18 09:33 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Well, if you read some of these posts, you could see that people take interpretations to heart, so I'm being cautionary. Sometimes professionals who are assumed to know what they're talking about, just talk out their ass. I remember my late mother asking a physician about a sore on her scalp. He barely looked and said it was "some kind of cancer!" Scared her because she believed anything a physician said even without a histology report. I brought my own biopsied sample at the dermatologist to the dumb-ass receptionist to send out to the histology lab, and this (maybe) high school graduate volunteers to me that "it looks like a cancer. STFU bitch! :mad2: It turned out not to be cancer, but where does an uneducated employee get off even saying something like that to a patient? What if it was someone who took HER stupid comment to heart? :eek: Since I don't know anything about you, creating a reading list for you is just not tenable from here. I mean, if you were a student in a course I was giving I could narrow down a few books based on the course content, but I'm older than dirt, 35 years post PhD, and would have no idea where to begin such a list. :shrug:

I write quite a bit on Quora about dream material, but I also do not, cannot do dream interpretations for people I know nothing about. I have a generic response explaining why nobody can analyze a dream from a one sentence description of an image, without background, biography, current life situations, or equally important, the emotions in the dream. I take working with people seriously because wrong interpretations or diagnoses (labels) can really fuck with peoples' self-esteem. Such things can create secondary problems, depression for example based on possible errors. I knew a therapist whose father, in India, believed he had leprosy so he killed himself. He was deluded and did not have leprosy. In magickal cultures, believing that one has been cursed often has resulted in a failure to thrive syndrome and death! I just do not see interpretive methods (not even occult methods) as a game.

--------------------

OfflineOpenQwerty
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#25505342 - 10/02/18 08:18 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

IMO, MarkostheGnostic is right, an appropriate psychoanalytic interpretation of dreams can not be made here at the Shroomery. But, people here can give anyway interesting insight about a dream, especially on how to "integrate" a weird dreams in one's ordinary life.

Some time ago I posted a dream (https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24865476) linked to some very personal experiences. Both Morel Guy and Icelander gave me very interesting and useful thoughts about it... (feel free to PM your opinion about that dream, even if -as of now- I see it, and "all its link" as "remote past" )

To fuzzysig : don't be afraid...post your dreams. We cannot really "to interpret" your dreams from a psychoanalytic point of view...but people here may give you an opinion. Just "take it whit a grain of salt"...as one should take everything "found on internet"...

Edited by OpenQwerty (10/02/18 08:18 AM)

Stranger
Male

Re: dreams interpretation forums? [Re: OpenQwerty]
    #25506073 - 10/02/18 02:25 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OpenQwerty said:
IMO, MarkostheGnostic is right, an appropriate psychoanalytic interpretation of dreams can not be made here at the Shroomery. But, people here can give anyway interesting insight about a dream, especially on how to "integrate" a weird dreams in one's ordinary life.

Some time ago I posted a dream (https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24865476) linked to some very personal experiences. Both Morel Guy and Icelander gave me very interesting and useful thoughts about it... (feel free to PM your opinion about that dream, even if -as of now- I see it, and "all its link" as "remote past" )

To fuzzysig : don't be afraid...post your dreams. We cannot really "to interpret" your dreams from a psychoanalytic point of view...but people here may give you an opinion. Just "take it whit a grain of salt"...as one should take everything "found on internet"...

It would be ludicrous to affirm that one could perform a correct dream interpretation of a stranger through the internet.

That doesn't lessen the fun and the though provokingness of the thing imo

--------------------
Looking for shrooms

ATTENTION

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism