Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink]
    #25391769 - 08/16/18 07:09 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

My D. bosseranum plants are still flowering. I had placed them in a little greenhouse a while ago, since the weather forecast predicted hail. They seem to like it more there, out of the full sun. Therefore they have pushed out some new and green vegetative growth. I will keep them in there for now, I'm even considering to put a couple of the S. tortuosum pots in the greenhouse. The Kanna plants haven't grown a lot in the last month. Maybe they're already in need of a bigger pot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink]
    #25400800 - 08/20/18 02:08 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Did 3 lines of Delosperma bosseranum snuff this afternoon, definitely as active as kanna and very similar, loving it.
I'm gonna plant a bunch more for sure.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleRobertDobbert
Superboy
I'm a teapot

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25441797 - 09/07/18 04:58 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Really nice plants! What effects do they give?

About kanna, I only know the kanna powder extract.
I buy them as powder. Would also like to plant like that!

--------------------
IF YOU FEAR SUFFERING TOMORROW, YOUR ALREADY SUFFER NOW. :mushroom2:

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: RobertDobbert]
    #25442501 - 09/07/18 11:47 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I only ever used kanna extract powder and tea. If you were wondering about the effects of D. bosseranum snuff, you should read MeanGreen's post above yours. Both of these succulents are easy to grow from seed.

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25442575 - 09/07/18 12:35 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I'd say it's very similar to kanna but a bit more stimulating, and this slight difference was noted by a friend of mine who has some experience with kanna without me mentionning it before. It is a mild difference though, both plants have very very similar effects.

Btw you'd be surprised how little difference there is between most extracts and plain kanna, I started off buying those overpriced extracts that come in tubes, then cheaper ebay x50, but really, homemade kanna is just as potent ime.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25443566 - 09/07/18 08:13 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

While on the topic of Delosperma, I've been having a really hard time getting cooperi cuttings to root.
Do any of y'all have tips?

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Acaterpillar] * 1
    #25444531 - 09/08/18 07:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Looky here :grin:
Found 2 other open flowers on the plant. Hoping my seed grown one flowers as well so I can maybe produce seeds.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25445473 - 09/08/18 04:05 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

That's beautiful, MeanGreen! Did one of your S. tortuosum plants produce seeds yet?

@Acaterpillar: I never felt the need to take Delosperma spp. cuttings. D. bosseranum grows pretty fast and blooms profusely, so no lack of seeds. I did find this blog post which describes in detail how to take and treat D. cooperi cuttings up until rooting occurs. Good luck and keep us posted!

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink] * 2
    #25487888 - 09/25/18 11:52 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, Poison! They never did, hopefully this time they do, got some advice and was told to really try to go deep inside the flower as the stigma is buried in there. We'll see if my attempts are fruitful this time.

I uprooted one of my Delosperma bosseranum when repotting the tricho it was with, didn't expect to see that kind of tuber! Now I see how they could become caudex-like

--------------------
Trade List

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #25488925 - 09/25/18 07:17 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I have some of that growing with the scopulicola I put in the ground the other day. There was 3 large tubers. I was also surprised.

--------------------

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: karode13] * 1
    #25492272 - 09/27/18 06:47 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting picture, MG! I did a little digging myself and found my older D. bosseranum plants likewise have quite a tuber. Also notice the countless seedlings that have sown themselves.

The S. tortuosum hasn't grown a lot, since I might have placed them in a too bright spot lately, and they definitely are in need of a repot.

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25495247 - 09/28/18 09:22 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Repotted the S. tortuosum today. I added a bit of organic, acid loving fertilizer granules to a couple of the pots, to see if they will show a difference in growth. What should I do with these in a couple of weeks when it gets colder? I will probably take most of them inside, but I wonder if they would survive outdoors in an unheated, plastic greenhouse?

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink] * 2
    #25533890 - 10/13/18 07:26 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

1 month since first flowers and my plant is still pushing a bunch of them, I think I have a good shot at getting seeds this time around.

About Sceletium pollination, I was told by someone at Herbalistics that the stigma is buried quite deep in the flower and to really get in there with the brush, so I'm trying that.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleGrey Fox

#25534070 - 10/13/18 09:08 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Beautiful plant! Best luck with pollinating it. Let us know how it turns out.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Grey Fox] * 1
    #25536405 - 10/14/18 10:13 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

It looks so lush and green too! Luckily we are having a delightful Indian summer in Europe. Do you reckon bees would be able to pollinate the flowers? Is it actually known if S. tortuosum is self-pollinating?

My S. tortuosum plants have grown quite a bit in those two weeks after the repot. I had also placed them out of the full sun, which they seem to appreciate.

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25536552 - 10/14/18 11:19 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Those seedlings are looking great man, very nice job! :thumbup:

From a couple reports when I asked around (namely planthelper & someone at Herbalistics) Sceletium is self-fertile.
However I do not think bees could pollinate it, the stigma seems to be really buried deep, it's invisible when looking at the flower. I believe in the wild it must be pollinated by some native bugs with long noses/trunks maybe.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25571378 - 10/27/18 12:16 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Well most of my S. tortuosum plants have started growing rather lanky after their repotting. I did use about 1/4th of fertilized potting soil in their new soil mixture, so that might be the reason.

MG, Did you succeed in pollinating those Kanna flowers?

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25571477 - 10/27/18 12:52 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Doesn't look to stretchy to me, they're really nice!
I won't know before a little while if the pollination was successful, these flowers last for a long time, I don't see any spent flower yet there's at least 25 open right now.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25571516 - 10/27/18 01:12 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Do you think the flower would survive for that long after a successful pollination? I reckon my plants like this kind of weather, so they definitely are healthy. But my plan was to grow them in different conditions, one being in low fertilized soil trying to get the more dense type of growth. I did this by adding some slow release organic fertilizer to half of the plant's soil. But I used the 1/4th of fertilized potting soil for all of them, which might have been too much already. Maybe I can try and heavily top a couple of plants in the future to see how they will grow.

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25743495 - 01/14/19 11:50 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I lost about half of my indoor S. tortuosum plants, probably due to overwatering. I had a fungus gnats infestation a while ago, which I combat with parasitic nematodes. The soil needed to be kept moist for a couple of weeks for the nematodes to kill off the fungus gnats larvae. I don't think they were affected by the fungus gnats though, I just treated all of the plants to be safe.

I also kept two S. tortuosum pots outdoors in the open air. They seem to be doing fine at the moment, even though we experienced some light freezing a couple of nights already. They get watered every time it rains, which is quite frequently these days. So I'm unsure if my original diagnosis of overwatering is correct. Well let's see if they'll survive this winter.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck