Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: Got a DUI [Re: st1llnox]
    #25491995 - 09/27/18 12:22 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

If you're on Diversion for a Felony, with a suspended sentence while serving probation, getting a DUI could be a major issue. Not sure what your legal situation is but a DUI is about as serious of a crime as it gets when it comes to Misdemeanors.

Hopefully you're not on Felony probation or else you'll probably have to serve some time if convicted. On a side note if you spend 10-20 grand on a lawyer you can almost certainly beat the case. I got a DUI in Highschool and got it dismissed thanks to a bad ass lawyer. You want a lawyer who solely handles DUI's because they know all the loopholes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThekd95
Not your buddy GUY

Re: Got a DUI [Re: Magicman69]
    #25492037 - 09/27/18 01:11 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Might a suggest some cabs from your local head shop not sure of the actual content because that was always something I kinda questioned but put odd do to the situation. Will definitely get you through your rough patch

Offlinest1llnox
dx'd PTSD/ADHD--please don't ask
Male User Gallery

Loc: 913 KANSAS CITY 816 Flag
Re: Got a DUI [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #25492304 - 09/27/18 07:08 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

I refused chemical testing which means my licence is suspended for 1 year de facto. I'm sure I will be able to get a pass to drive to work and school or something like that.

Probably gonna have to get an interlock device installed for several years which isnt gonna make things any easier. I was charged with impaired driving 7ish years ago and also refused a chemical test. Shit suuucked.

I sure hope not. I think for the first time they're a little less likely to do that, but now you've got me wondering.

--------------------
Back, bitches.
st1lln0x: so i'm on weed, temazepam, adderall, dexedrine, dxm, dph, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tryptophan, GABA, and kratom
Cavemen_savemen: st1lln0x, do you feel like a robot yet?
st1lln0x: I feel like a fucking Gundam
Click to friend me on Steam for Counter-Strike
:crankey: IS LIFE SKULLFUCKING YOU!? HAVE SOME FREE MORALE! :awesomenod:
Click if you want to feel you alone can do it! Click if you want to feel confident and beastly! Click if you want courage to let go and move on! And click the message if you need someone to talk to -- I'll understand, even if we "hate" each other on here :hug: :sun:

Offlinest1llnox
Male User Gallery

#25492310 - 09/27/18 07:12 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

I refused chemical testing which means my licence is suspended for 1 year de facto. I'm sure I will be able to get a pass to drive to work and school or something like that.

Probably gonna have to get an interlock device installed for several years which isnt gonna make things any easier. I was charged with impaired driving 7ish years ago and also refused a chemical test. Shit suuucked.

I sure hope not. I think for the first time they're a little less likely to do that, but now you've got me wondering.

This ignition interlock device is what will make my car into The PantyFountain 2.0

--------------------
Back, bitches.
st1lln0x: so i'm on weed, temazepam, adderall, dexedrine, dxm, dph, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tryptophan, GABA, and kratom
Click if you want to feel you alone can do it! Click if you want to feel confident and beastly! Click if you want courage to let go and move on! And click the message if you need someone to talk to -- I'll understand, even if we "hate" each other on here :hug: :sun:

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

#25492319 - 09/27/18 07:15 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I have 2, one criminal. No big deal my friend. Pay the fine, go to the class, get over it.

I come from the land of drunken sailors though. Wisconsin. Every single one of my friends that drives has one. Since you didn’t hurt anybody I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong.

I think the idea that you could have hurt somebody so it’s illegal is bullshit. But I’m also salty about mine. So.

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #25492352 - 09/27/18 07:34 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

st1llnox said:
Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

This ignition interlock device is what will make my car into The PantyFountain 2.0

It was my first and only violation. I think it was 1 year suspended license, 3 years interlock device, and 5 years of "not a drop", meaning I couldnt drive with any level of alcohol in my system. Any violation of these terms meant extended suspension. Lucky for me I worked at the university where I was a student and they give everybody free bus passes. I lived maybe 2 miles away so I just sold my car and bussed around for a few years. Didnt pay those fuckers a dime and just did my time.

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
    #25492407 - 09/27/18 08:00 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

If he refused chemical testing (blood test) and refused to blow he won't be charged criminally.  You'll lose a ton of money, your license, blah blah blah but they can't charge you.  A lawyer once told me this so don't jump down my throats if I'm wrong.  Also he said lawyers and cops never blow or give blood because they know this.  The only reason to submit to testing is if you are your first offense and u want a shorter suspension on the license

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

Offlinest1llnox
Male User Gallery

Re: Got a DUI [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #25492459 - 09/27/18 08:35 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

King Klick said:
I have 2, one criminal. No big deal my friend. Pay the fine, go to the class, get over it.

I come from the land of drunken sailors though. Wisconsin. Every single one of my friends that drives has one. Since you didn’t hurt anybody I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong.

I think the idea that you could have hurt somebody so it’s illegal is bullshit. But I’m also salty about mine. So.

I've never been in trouble for anything drink/drug related so I am hoping that will be good but this will be like my 10th arrest so I'm hoping the judge doesn't go "ok, we clearly need to teach you a lesson".

And overall I've been doing very well, so this might make them view it more as a "he messed up, let's help him get/stay back on track".

On the one time only offense: That seems like an awful lot they put on you for a one time thing. Do you recall what percent you blew? The laws here spell out harsher penalties if you're over .15 compared to just over .08
Quote:

theRealrollforever said:
If he refused chemical testing (blood test) and refused to blow he won't be charged criminally.  You'll lose a ton of money, your license, blah blah blah but they can't charge you.  A lawyer once told me this so don't jump down my throats if I'm wrong.  Also he said lawyers and cops never blow or give blood because they know this.  The only reason to submit to testing is if you are your first offense and u want a shorter suspension on the license

I'm really glad I refused. They're going to come at me over cannabis but it is part of my religion so we will see how that goes.

The weirdest thing though is I remember them having me blow and seeing it read like .095 or something.

I also remember them asking for me to consent to testing which I refused.

They physically pulled me out of the car which was lucky for them because I would have instinctively locked it when I got out and closed the door and that would have avoided this whole mess.

Sounds like I lucked out on refusing though. It's a criminal offense there to refuse testing too so I think having a small handful of charges made them not worry about it.

I still wonder about them having me blow though. Maybe they just wanted to find out but it just wouldn't be admissible in court?

DAYS SINCE LAST ARREST: 1

--------------------
Back, bitches.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Got a DUI [Re: st1llnox] * 1
    #25492487 - 09/27/18 08:45 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Come on mna... why the fuck are you still driving drunk in this day and age. WTF dude.

LEARN something this time aroud dude....

--------------------

Offlinest1llnox
Male User Gallery

Re: Got a DUI [Re: Patlal]
    #25492500 - 09/27/18 08:51 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Come on mna... why the fuck are you still driving drunk in this day and age. WTF dude.

I was pregaming in the car. Stupid(er, arguably), but different from being wasted and deciding it would be smart to drive home.

It was stupid and I'm just glad nobody got hurt, but we are also talking about within 2/3 of one drink of being legal.

I just left a message for my diversion officer. This is literally the only thing she's ever heard from me that's not good news, so maybe that will count for something.

I just told her though I fully expect this will make me ineligible and to let me know what they need from me. If I had called my lawyer back 2 weeks ago about getting it ended early, this would've already been dismissed.

--------------------
Back, bitches.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #25492511 - 09/27/18 08:56 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

theRealrollforever said:

:shrug:

I have no idea what the different laws are, especially in different states. They took me to jail and got a search warrant for my blood. The lab says my bac was like .09 something. I talked the dui down to impaired driving because it was my first offense. I paid like $1000 for the charge and basically gave up my license for 3 years to avoid the interlock device

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #25492560 - 09/27/18 09:18 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

st1llnox said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

I was pregaming in the car. Stupid(er, arguably), but different from being wasted and deciding it would be smart to drive home.

It was stupid and I'm just glad nobody got hurt, but we are also talking about within 2/3 of one drink of being legal.

I just left a message for my diversion officer. This is literally the only thing she's ever heard from me that's not good news, so maybe that will count for something.

I just told her though I fully expect this will make me ineligible and to let me know what they need from me. If I had called my lawyer back 2 weeks ago about getting it ended early, this would've already been dismissed.

You seem to be on top of it and you definitely sound as if you know the danger you put other people in. I guess you'll land on your feet.

Just dont do it again man... its not you im worried about. It's the ther people driving that dont know youre under the influence I worry about.  Sixteen year old teen learning to drive with her dad... Then a drunk guy swirves and suddenly she and her dad is dead and somehow, you lived....

--------------------

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Got a DUI [Re: Patlal]
    #25492576 - 09/27/18 09:26 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Lol I stopped drinking and driving once I realized I could afford $15 Ubers.

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Offlinest1llnox
Male User Gallery

Re: Got a DUI [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy]
    #25492761 - 09/27/18 10:49 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

PayPal I think I'm good going forward. I'm gonna buy a breathalyzer to celebrate when this is all over, but I suspect there's a chance I'll be ubering everywhere for a while, but that will be nice actually.

Uber is definitely the way to go, and you figure like 700/month for a car for everything, that's almost $25/day. Easy to take the bus or an uber.

also, my diversion officer isn't kicking me off! She said she could UA me right now and have me before a judge but I have done well and been honest so she's giving me another chance!!!

:omgomgomg:

I have a phone call w a lawyer at 3

--------------------
Back, bitches.

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Got a DUI [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy]
    #25492994 - 09/27/18 12:38 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Malcolm_Xtasy said:
Lol I stopped drinking and driving once I realized I could afford $15 Ubers.

Where I am lyft is noticeably less expensive than Uber.

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinest1llnox
Male User Gallery

Re: Got a DUI [Re: Citizen X]
    #25493009 - 09/27/18 12:47 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I think I may shop around now that you mention it...

--------------------
Back, bitches.

InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
    #25493081 - 09/27/18 01:16 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

theRealrollforever said:

I have no idea what the different laws are, especially in different states. They took me to jail and got a search warrant for my blood. The lab says my bac was like .09 something. I talked the dui down to impaired driving because it was my first offense. I paid like $1000 for the charge and basically gave up my license for 3 years to avoid the interlock device

Same here. Mind you I was in a small town in the South. 19 at the time and I refused a breathalyzer. Cuffed me, took me to the jail to get a "warrant", then to the hospital where I was strapped to a chair and they drew blood. Only had 2 light beers but them taking blood, of course they found THC.

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

Offlinest1llnox
Male User Gallery

Re: Got a DUI [Re: MoonFarmer]
    #25493350 - 09/27/18 03:07 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MoonFarmer said:
Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

theRealrollforever said:

Same here. Mind you I was in a small town in the South. 19 at the time and I refused a breathalyzer. Cuffed me, took me to the jail to get a "warrant", then to the hospital where I was strapped to a chair and they drew blood. Only had 2 light beers but them taking blood, of course they found THC.

That fucking sucks. Same here except for I refused so they were like "fuck you, we will find THC in your car instead".

--------------------
Back, bitches.

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
    #25493594 - 09/27/18 04:53 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

hope it all works out. sounds like you have learned from it and this may have been a good slip up as you didn't hurt anybody and may have been starting to let your ego run amok. 

i have a friend getting out this spring after 7 years for dui manslaughter. it can really mess lives up.

all about learning from our mistakes and redeeming ourselves, thankfully this is just a bad blip in the scheme of things.

glad that i don't drink anymore, i was prone to excessive consumption due to high tolerance and lots of fuck it all moments where rational decisions is like speaking a foreign language.

--------------------

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
    #25493602 - 09/27/18 04:59 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

theRealrollforever said:

where i had mine they were all trained phlebotomist and they were stealing my blood 15 min after i refused to blow Merica fuck yea. i also had mine happen literally in my families driveway lol such a money making racket.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom