Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Theoretical near utopian system.
    #2549065 - 04/11/04 08:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

the way our world should be is community based. Each state should be considered a community. Every member of the community is required to play some role. Some people will be farmers, some would be scientists, some would be doctors, some would be teachers, some would be musicians. Everyone that works will not get paid, but they will be alotted credits. With these credits they will be able to purchase material possesions. Members will not be required to pay for electricity, water, or food.As long as you participate in the community, you will be able to live.

It all has to start with one state becoming independent, and relying on itself for food, clothes, and electricity.

The problem with current society is that because of mass production we are depending on one company to provide for the whole country creating a system of wage and bills. If we centralize productionn in the community there would be no need for bills because if everyone is participating everything is taken care of.
Now of course you wont have big screen TV's or cellphones, but we dont need those.....

This is kinda bi polar if you ask me. :nut:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Theoretical near utopian system. [Re: psikooz]
    #2549156 - 04/11/04 08:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, we got a forum specifically for kids to post their idea about how Utopia is and works...down the bottom The Revolution. You should post that there. It's Grate!

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2549171 - 04/11/04 08:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Each state should be considered a community.

They already are.

Quote:

Every member of the community is required to play some role. Some people will be farmers, some would be scientists, some would be doctors, some would be teachers, some would be musicians.

Still sounds a lot like our current society.

Quote:

Everyone that works will not get paid, but they will be alotted credits. With these credits they will be able to purchase material possesions.

Gee, these "credits" sound a lot like money to me.

Quote:

Members will not be required to pay for electricity, water, or food.

And what about those who work to produce the electricity and food and to treat the water? Who will provide their "credits"?

Quote:

As long as you participate in the community, you will be able to live.

Ah, so you oppose welfare. Good to hear it.

Quote:

The problem with current society is that because of mass production we are depending on one company to provide for the whole country creating a system of wage and bills.

No, we depend on competition between companies. Monopolies are wrong, whether by the government or a private company.

Quote:

If we centralize productionn in the community there would be no need for bills because if everyone is participating everything is taken care of.

Centalized production? Sounds a lot like communism to me.

Quote:

Now of course you wont have big screen TV's or cellphones, but we dont need those.....

Says who? I depend heavily on my cellphone. It's gotten me out of quite few sticky situations.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: Theoretical near utopian system. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2549641 - 04/12/04 02:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Lol totally picked apart. Oh well. What i ment by im not talking about money when i say credits. What im trying to explain is a method were a worker can have any material possesion he wants as long as hes working, but he cant get everything at once. I realize that because of our current system large material possesions exists. For example the production of automobiles would not exist if our current system wasnt in place. There are hours of labor that goes into producing a car, and nobody would be willing to do that, except for our current system. Ahh whatever, im to tired, i cant explain it.

peace

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
    #2549652 - 04/12/04 02:15 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

Each state should be considered a community.

They already are.

Quote:

Every member of the community is required to play some role. Some people will be farmers, some would be scientists, some would be doctors, some would be teachers, some would be musicians.

Still sounds a lot like our current society.

Quote:

Everyone that works will not get paid, but they will be alotted credits. With these credits they will be able to purchase material possesions.

Gee, these "credits" sound a lot like money to me.

Quote:

Members will not be required to pay for electricity, water, or food.

And what about those who work to produce the electricity and food and to treat the water? Who will provide their "credits"?

Quote:

As long as you participate in the community, you will be able to live.

Ah, so you oppose welfare. Good to hear it.

Quote:

The problem with current society is that because of mass production we are depending on one company to provide for the whole country creating a system of wage and bills.

No, we depend on competition between companies. Monopolies are wrong, whether by the government or a private company.

Quote:

If we centralize productionn in the community there would be no need for bills because if everyone is participating everything is taken care of.

Centalized production? Sounds a lot like communism to me.

Quote:

Says who? I depend heavily on my cellphone. It's gotten me out of quite few sticky situations.

What did you do 5 years ago when you didnt have a cell phone?

What about the hundreds of years humans went without cell phones, televisions, or cars?

So what, you have a cell phone and you use it alot, but is it necessary?

Everyone thinks they need a cellphone, but 10 years ago no one needed one.

Strange.

peace.

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2549720 - 04/12/04 02:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Whoa I oppose technology just like this guy ^^ lets all live in grass huts because technology is bad mmckay

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2550082 - 04/12/04 04:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The companies arn't interested in what you think is "wrong", they are interested in profit not competition.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Theoretical near utopian system. [Re: Xlea321]
    #2551169 - 04/12/04 02:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

The companies arn't interested in what you think is "wrong", they are interested in profit not competition.

And if people are smart and informed consumers, they can vote with their dollars and choose the company that has the best business practices, thus giving them more profit. Also, I fail to see what your comment has to do with mine. I favor preventing monopolies of any kind, except for those businesses which are inherently monopolies by their nature(such as building roads), in which case the government should be doing those tasks.

--------------------

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Theoretical near utopian system. [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #2551826 - 04/12/04 05:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
Whoa I oppose technology just like this guy ^^ lets all live in grass huts because technology is bad mmckay

grass huts are a form of technowlagy. i dont oppose technowlagy. i oppose its current role in our world.

instead of thoughtfullness and compasion, money, and technowlagy drive our economy/society.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2551840 - 04/12/04 06:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What did you do 5 years ago when you didnt have a cell phone?

What about the hundreds of years humans went without cell phones, televisions, or cars?

So what, you have a cell phone and you use it alot, but is it necessary?

Everyone thinks they need a cellphone, but 10 years ago no one needed one.

Strange.

peace.

My point is who are you to say what I can and can't have if I want to spend my own hard-earned money on it? Speaking of which, you still haven't explained any distinction between money and "credits."

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2551847 - 04/12/04 06:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Speaking of which, you still haven't explained any distinction between money and "credits."

That's because it was a dumb idea and he can't.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: Theoretical near utopian system. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2552837 - 04/13/04 01:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you, yes it was dumb.. hahah!

N ow that i think of it, its communism. Damn were never going to figure out a sytem that works, or if you have.. please share?

peace

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2552854 - 04/13/04 01:27 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

N ow that i think of it, its communism. Damn were never going to figure out a sytem that works, or if you have.. please share?

It's hard to define what "works" and what doesn't, but I find geolibertarianism to be the most logically consistent of all ideologies.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion