Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

potency, fruiting methods, strains...
    #2548387 - 04/11/04 11:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

this may or may not be the place for this question, however, i found it to be the most appropriate.

i was curious as to certain factors which affect potency is shrooms (when cultivating). it would appear as though my recent attempt at casing has produced much more potent fruits than did simply fruiting off of cakes. if the fruiting method has nothing to do with potency, then i can only be left to assume that it was strain of cube which caused the difference. that being said, is there an accepted and reliable chart or list of cubensis strains in which ranks of puts emphasis on verying degrees of potency?

specifically, i'm curious about tapalpas, since all acounts that i have recieved have led me to believe that the fruits from my tap casing provide an exceptional experience!

so whats the deal?

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
Re: potency, fruiting methods, strains... [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2548525 - 04/11/04 12:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Although I don't have the experience to back it up, in my understanding, different strains of cubensis are relatively identical in potency and the only factor affecting their potencies is how they're grown (including substrate and casing make-up and environmental conditions).

OfflineHaveABeer420
G.O.D.
Male

Loc: The Carnival of Souls
    #2548605 - 04/11/04 12:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The only fairly well accepted theory for increasing potency (that I have heard of) is use poo.  I agree with the theory.  Pretty much all cubes are about the same potencywise, it just depends on the growing conditions.  I have however noticed a very distinct difference in the style of experience you get from different strains.  Example: I find Golden Teachers extremely visual (almost like really good LSD), but EQ's seem to be a lot more mental.  Hope this helps, have fun.  :smirk:

--------------------
I don't charge by the inch I charge by the foot, think I'm lying bitch here take a look...100% U.S.D.A grade A beef, heres my card call me.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2550351 - 04/12/04 06:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I dont agree at all...
The three variables that will affect potency in cubensis are the substrate above all others (tryptophan content us highest in millet and rye and lowest in flours like BRF)spore-match genetics of the isolate your using, and the phenotype expressions of the spore race.
Spore races of cubensis are not the same - imagine a big mix of genetics available in your spores - some strains have more performing genetics, others have lots of possible crap phenotypes. So some will have a few good phenotype possibilities, but heaps of crap ones that are more likely to come out when you use multi-spore, and then others will have heaps of performers...
Stivje and Demeijer in 1993 concluded from a study that there was a .12% variation in the maxima of psilocin between two strains of cubensis.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation