Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Catharsis *DELETED* * 1
    #25479628 - 09/22/18 03:36 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Asclepius

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

Edited by Asclepius (09/22/18 03:57 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Catharsis [Re: Asclepius] * 1
    #25479656 - 09/22/18 04:00 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Keep your head up, stop victimising yourself, and you'll be just fine.  There's definitely a solution out there for you.  It could be worse.  Much worse.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Catharsis [Re: Jufin]
    #25479671 - 09/22/18 04:14 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I am going to continue on with looking for a better paying job -- or an additional job to the one I have -- but want to maintain a sense of realism about the extrinsic variables I face.  I know there are worse situations than my own -- that doesn't negate the stress I am going through nor the responsibilities I have for others.  I understand that you are making an effort to cheer me up, and I do appreciate that.  As I said, sometimes being bitchy about my life's circumstances serves as a form of catharsis for me.  I am sure my situation will turn around within the coming months and years; this is nothing more than a blip in a whole lifetime.

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Catharsis [Re: Asclepius]
    #25479886 - 09/22/18 07:57 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

What was your previous job field in?

Do you have any degrees or technical certifications? If not there are certifications you can acquire by getting books on the subjects and using apps and online resources to study as well, then when you are pretty well rounded on the information, you can pay to take certified tests. I'm thinking IT certifications in general, but I'd assume there are more than just IT related fields out there that are easily accessible to those who seek them as well if that's not your bag. All without really needing to go to a classroom and take work off. This could change your income bracket within a few months time and for a relatively small financial and time investment. The books themselves can typically be pirated if that's an issue as well.

Though I don't know if your previous job was something you have a degree in or something and you've just been unable to find work in that field again. But if it was just a management position with no education behind it, as with the current factory job, try to get yourself some kind of focused job training that will take you out of those low paying jobs.

Likewise, depending on your income level, there are typically resources out there to pay for certifications and whatnot.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Catharsis [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25479914 - 09/22/18 08:12 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I have a degree but nothing technical.  I do have work-from-home experience as an independent contractor for Lender Processing Services, performing data entry tasks on the Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS).  I am trying to find something similar to that position, or at least that pays better than what I am earning now, as I earned $1 per document when I worked for LPS.  I averaged anywhere from 20--50 documents per hour at that job.  It was sweet! 

The hunt is still on for a remote position.  I know there are companies that are hiring people for work-from-home positions out there and I just have to find them.

Edit: I was previously a Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) for 2 Community Integrated Living Arrangements (CILAs). 

Edited by Asclepius (09/22/18 08:13 AM)

InvisibleNot Responding
Busted Liar...
Male

#25479939 - 09/22/18 08:27 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

That's the story of my life. No matter the job, I was going in setting the bar way too high. I was never a bright man, but I was an extremely hard worker so I always felt like I had something to prove.

Instead of being rewarded for being a hard worker, I was taken advantage of.

I was like the girl who was beat her whole life, but took it as love. He hits me because he cares about me.

Well, this abuse went on for years.  I was too stubborn to do something different. The dumb part is I wasn't s push over and I didn't take shit from anyone. Everyone on my level respected me.

Even though I was loyal and a hard worker I was never rewarded and we struggled financially.

Fast forward 10 years and shit is finally paying off. I also learned a bunch of valuable lessons and gained an understanding how shit really is. I kept my dignity, so to speak, and I held on to my work ethics.

I fuck around on here, it's the shroomery :lol:, but IRL I'm a well respected hard working individual with a well rounded background. It was a long hard road, but like I said, shit is finally paying off.

If I could give any advice. Don't change who you are for an employer. Even if it means holding you back. It will be worth it in the end.

You said you're in a smaller town. Travelling to a major city for a better job is out of the question? You seem to have a decent work history. Maybe find yourself a gov job?

:shrug:

Sorry. Kratom and coffee usually have me rambling and ranting.

--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
    #25479982 - 09/22/18 08:43 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I would say that if you really like that line of work, you should put some lines out where you're not normally fishing. Just look for areas that aren't gentrified to shit. Or do, rich old people are probably the best. For your pocket I mean. If I had a degree I'd move to wherever it's valuable. I've met people who came from the other side of the world to do just that. Put your story in a cover letter if you think it might help. Lots of places like that are looking for,well, you.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Catharsis [Re: Not Responding]
    #25479986 - 09/22/18 08:45 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

At this time, I am sadly unable to move.  My current rate of pay is cost prohibitive, in addition to the cost of living in the nearby town.  I am going to continue to look for some type of virtual job.

InvisibleNot Responding
Busted Liar...
Male

#25479998 - 09/22/18 08:48 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Do you have any family any where outside your town? What about managing 2 jobs until you can get a decent savings?

You could easily have enough to move and get maybe an apartment that's closer to better high paying jobs.

Set a 6 month goal while saving and looking for a better job.

--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Catharsis [Re: Not Responding]
    #25480028 - 09/22/18 09:03 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

There's no family that is willing to help me through my situation, not because of anything that I have personally done wrong, but because of different reasons.  I have been actively looking for a second job as well as a better paying job.  I am sure something will eventually turn up and I will take advantage when it does.  I am a very hardworking individual.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Catharsis [Re: Asclepius] * 1
    #25480036 - 09/22/18 09:08 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to hear you’re having some troubles.  I don’t really have any advice, except stay out of MLMs.  Amway, Primerica, World Financial Group, etc.  They prey on people in your situation.  I hope something legit turns up for you soon.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Catharsis [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25480066 - 09/22/18 09:21 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the words of wisdom!  Lol

I was actually approached by Amway Global when I was younger; I could smell their con from a mile away.  My ex-girlfriend was not as bright and lost a whole bunch of money.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#25480076 - 09/22/18 09:25 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Glad you saw it coming.  I’ve been learning a lot about MLMs lately, I’m surprised that it’s even legal.  Crazy shit.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Catharsis [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25480082 - 09/22/18 09:29 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Crazier still is the poor sap who would get locked up for stealing a candy bar.  These MLM fucks can con people out of millions of dollars and legally get away with it.

Offlinepacmanbreed
Mickey Mouse
 User Gallery

#25480459 - 09/22/18 12:18 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Can feel the struggle, i work under a family owned company for 12 yrs, lifting cargo's which are sometimes heavier than my own weight. Had a descent salary during that time more than bare necessity but wasnt able to give time to my child. Until to a point where my own body cannot cope with the work load anymore, theres is the huge sudden life style change. But at the same-time i kinda appreciate the more precious time ive lost for my family during those time. Still thankful as we make it thru day by day despite the struggles. Experiencing ascetism brings stregth.

Stay strong man.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom

Community >> The Pub