Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMikect05
Stranger
 User Gallery
Body load of cubensis
    #25479426 - 09/21/18 10:27 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone have any input to:

1. Do different cubensis strains have different body load.

2. What strains give a good experience without the body load?

I know pans are superior in this regard, but I am looking for anecdotal opinions on cubensis.

Before I ever knew there were different strains I would have very different experiences.  Now it seems that certain strains are especially hard on my body- nausea, cramps, gas, it kind of ruins the experience.  So wondering what others think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spiritual Temple, Angkor ... Flag
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: Mikect05]
    #25479474 - 09/21/18 11:01 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

:sneakypeek:

--------------------
Trade List

"Sleep All Day,Party All Night. Never Grow Old, Never Die.Its fun being a Vampire"-TheLostBoys
" If you want to find the secrets of the universe, Think in terms of Energy, Frequency, and Vibration" -Nikola Tesla
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" -Grateful Dead

OfflineGrey6Bard
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: North Carolina
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: TheLostBoys]
    #25479550 - 09/22/18 12:01 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I’ve never had any body load on mushrooms at least not like I have on LSD. I recommend staying hydrated before, during and after a trip and that would probably alleviate the body load. Just a thought.

OfflineLincolnCityTripper
Mushroom Maniac
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: Grey6Bard]
    #25479822 - 09/22/18 05:16 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

A cubensis is a cubensis there are three main active chemicals in these mushrooms that are known to cause the trip and thats not to say there aren't other chemicals in them but the three main ones are what causes you to trip and each experience will never be the exact same as the last. Sometimes there is body load and sometimes not, sometimes there are alot of visuals and sometimes not, sometimes there is alot of head fuck and sometimes its completely smooth.
It depends on alot of factors like set and setting how healthy one is, if they have been eating well and get alot of exercise and sleep or if they eat garbage and are lazy and dont sleep very well. If your stressed out and have alot on your plate or your happy as can be and life is great all can play in to how a trip will go.
There are many different mushrooms out there like dung lovers, wood lovers and grass lovers but the three main ingredients that cause one to trip are all the same no matter the type of the mushroom.
The mind is a powerful thing and psychedelics can really play games with it and turn your head upside-down causing one to think that different mushrooms do different things even though its just your mind playing tricks on you when your under  the influence of these powerful mind altering psychedelics, in the end its all the same chemicals. Again one experience is never gonna be the exact same trip as the last one and alot of different things can determine how a trip will go but the main active chemicals are all the same. Its not that the mushrooms are different its that your brain and body can and will feel different  on any givin day causing what seems like completely different effects when its just how the human brain and body reacts to these chemicals on any given day.

Edited by LincolnCityTripper (09/22/18 05:44 AM)

Invisiblenube424
Male

Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: LincolnCityTripper]
    #25479849 - 09/22/18 05:38 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Shroom tea can help with the discomfort.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: nube424] * 1
    #25479881 - 09/22/18 05:55 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

There are a lot serotonine receptors in our entire body, not only in the brain. Even in our digestive tract (they even control our digestion to a certain extend).
All those receptors react to the drug, that's why our entire body feels different on these kind of drugs. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Bodyload can appear heavily, or non existent. It's all different from trip to trip.

-

OfflineLincolnCityTripper
Mushroom Maniac
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: Pandemoon]
    #25479901 - 09/22/18 06:04 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
There are a lot serotonine receptors in our entire body, not only in the brain. Even in our digestive tract (they even control our digestion to a certain extend).
All those receptors react to the drug, that's why our entire body feels different on these kind of drugs. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Bodyload can appear heavily, or non existent. It's all different from trip to trip.

-

:whathesaid:
Great input! :thumbup:

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #25480856 - 09/22/18 01:32 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mikect05 said:
Does anyone have any input to:

1. Do different cubensis strains have different body load.

2. What strains give a good experience without the body load?

I know pans are superior in this regard, but I am looking for anecdotal opinions on cubensis.

Before I ever knew there were different strains I would have very different experiences.  Now it seems that certain strains are especially hard on my body- nausea, cramps, gas, it kind of ruins the experience.  So wondering what others think.

Pans are different species, not strains, and the variation between strains (like between cube varieties) is much amplified when you're talking different species.  IME (it's been a while!) Liberty Caps had almost no body load but an incredible luridly psychedelic high.  Sort of like if you could raise cubes to the nth degree. :awesomenod:

In cubes my best experiences haven't been with any particular variety but rather with different strains I've grown from multiple varieties.  Like any other trait that has genetic origins you can select for it while growing.

But generally do them on an empty stomach to minimize negative feelings.  And do them as tea.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #25481823 - 09/22/18 09:48 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I’ve noticed that taking 5-HTP before tripping eases the body load and leads to a more euphoric, warmer trip. Could just be me, or merely some kind of placebo effect.

OfflineGrowinDaMushies
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: CountHTML]
    #25481934 - 09/22/18 10:54 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

IDK if this helps at all, but I used to get a lot of body load, sometimes it could be a bit overwhelming, then I started taking lemon EO, allegra, aspirin and b vitamins when I dosed. The body load went away, I kept taking that stuff and then at some point realized the body load still had gone away without that stuff.

So I'm not sure if that stuff helped, if I just got used to the body load or some combo, but maybe there is hope it will go away for you too.

Invisiblenube424
Male

#25482333 - 09/23/18 06:28 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:
I’ve noticed that taking 5-HTP before tripping eases the body load and leads to a more euphoric, warmer trip. Could just be me, or merely some kind of placebo effect.

I've heard this as well. U say it works for u? I've never tried it.

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: Body load of cubensis [Re: nube424]
    #25482420 - 09/23/18 07:58 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

First time I took 5-HTP before a trip was with tea. All I can say is, usually the come up is dramatic and the body load can get kinda heavy and and cumbersome — but that time, next thing I knew I was tripping. Smooth transition and practically didn’t know what hit me.

When I look back at all of my most pleasant trips, they all involved 5-HTP. It wasn’t until later that I really put two and two together. I know people who swear by it. I was skeptical — but I think there might be something to it.

OfflineMikect05
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25488185 - 09/25/18 02:05 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of good info here thanks.

Yes I do understand that Pans are an different species, but being that they are harder to come by I was wondering about cube strains, or varieties...

Okay what's the difference between strain and variety?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25488196 - 09/25/18 02:10 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Strain is what you get when you isolate.  Variety is a stabilized strain that has gone through a lot of breeding cycles and more or less will produce similar characteristics to its parents down the line.  SFAIK anyway.  :lol:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineMikect05
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25488212 - 09/25/18 02:18 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I know it is often said that "a cube is a cube"

But if we select for certain traits over many generations then a cube is no longer a cube in all ways.
I see work going on to selectively breed for golden spores, people obviously select for speed, weight, and alkaloid content.

How can the same people that say "a cube is a cube" and say that all the cubensis names are "just marketing" be some of the same people trying to isolate and select for golden spores?

Why not embrace selection and work towards named cultivars or strains like we do with plants?

There is a lot of good info here but I am still wondering if people have found certain varieties of cubensis to have less body load over all compared to others.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25488243 - 09/25/18 02:29 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

People say a lot of things and a lot of it isn't correct.  :shrug:

You could go through selection cycles looking for lesser body load.  I've never considered that as a desirable trait since I usually keep the strains that have better potency and/or more interesting trips.  If you try to get too many things optimized it might not work though. 

It would be easier to spread cultivars if the psilocybin mycelium wasn't illegal.  When I spread cultures to people I know I give them plates, not spores.  :laugh2:

--------------------

OfflineMikect05
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25488320 - 09/25/18 02:54 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Great points, thank you much!

Cultures would be much better to work collectively with.

As far as interesting trips and potency would there be a strain or 2 you could recommend starting with?
Brazil, Amazon, PES?

OfflineGrowinDaMushies
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25488400 - 09/25/18 03:17 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mikect05 said:

As far as interesting trips and potency would there be a strain or 2 you could recommend starting with?
Brazil, Amazon, PES?

Mike I think you described perfectly above the contradiction that is often seen here. I agree that there are differences mushroom strain to mushroom strain, but because of the frequent contradiction, and the illegal nature we don't have accurate labeling of these different mushrooms.
I cannot back up this claim with experience, but from reading on here due to the above reason what is Brazil strain to one vendor is not Brazil to another vendor, and so trying to recommend a strain is nigh impossible.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25488666 - 09/25/18 05:08 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mikect05 said:

Brazil, Amazon, PES?

Recommend KSSS and PE but I've had excellent results with all sorts of cubes.  Healthy cultures make the difference.

--------------------

OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Molecular (Creating, Watc...
    #25489128 - 09/25/18 08:27 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

PE truly unlocks the full power.
It seems like we've all collectively agreed on this reality (it's appearance, time/space laws) and PE allows you to control many aspects. The most significant in my opinion is the ability to control perception of time from fast to a grinding halt at will. And what's with everyone looking so god damn reptilian when time is barely moving

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate