Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDopeFish
Explorer

What should i do at this stage? Wait longer or put in jars? (Noob/pictures)
    #25478252 - 09/21/18 03:25 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Hello there!

I got a syringe and a rye-bag and used a heating mat that got the bag over 100 degrees F the first night ( over 40 degrees celsius).

I thought it was dead, but it seems fine now? I take it out everyday and squeeze it or shake it.

I don't know what to do with this now, should I wait? Should i put it in jars?

I started it almost three weeks ago.

All help is appreciated!

--------------------
She saw that all phenomena arose, abided, and fell away. She saw that even knowing this arose, abided, and fell away. Then she knew there was nothing more than this, no ground, nothing to lean on, stronger than the cane she held. Nothing to lean upon at all, and no one leaning… And she opened the clenched fist in her mind and let go, and fell, into the midst of everything.

The moment that Teijitsu, 18th century abbess of Hakujuan, near Eiheiji, Japan learned to let go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomspective
Looking into the void
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Far Far Away
Re: What should i do at this stage? Wait longer or put in jars? (Noob/pictures) [Re: DopeFish]
    #25478285 - 09/21/18 03:35 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry but looking at the pictures I don't think that bag is going to give you results..Looks very wet inside, how long have you had it?

OfflineDopeFish
Explorer

Re: What should i do at this stage? Wait longer or put in jars? (Noob/pictures) [Re: DopeFish]
    #25478319 - 09/21/18 03:45 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Hello, thanks for the response!

I've had if for a little more than two weeks. I put all the syringe in it. I think that was what made it wet.

But the white stuff is growing every day, just very slow.

Should I put holes in the bag to make it less humid?

--------------------
She saw that all phenomena arose, abided, and fell away. She saw that even knowing this arose, abided, and fell away. Then she knew there was nothing more than this, no ground, nothing to lean on, stronger than the cane she held. Nothing to lean upon at all, and no one leaning… And she opened the clenched fist in her mind and let go, and fell, into the midst of everything.

The moment that Teijitsu, 18th century abbess of Hakujuan, near Eiheiji, Japan learned to let go.

Edited by DopeFish (09/21/18 04:02 PM)

InvisibleShroomspective
Looking into the void

#25478338 - 09/21/18 03:52 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Did you sterilise the needle when you injected? Obvs we can't see inside the bag, but it's not looking good after two weeks, although you say you've been squeezing and shaking it...Basically don't do that, just leave it be to colonise, and def don't make holes in the bag..That's what the filter patch is for, to allow some air exchange.

As I'm guessing its your first grow, leave it on the shelf for a week and then take another pic, if nothing else this will be a learning experience:thumbup:

OfflineDopeFish
Explorer

Re: What should i do at this stage? Wait longer or put in jars? (Noob/pictures) [Re: Shroomspective]
    #25478358 - 09/21/18 04:01 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe!

Ok, thanks for the advise, I'll try that!

Yes, I sterilised the needle. I followed the step by step guide on the elephant very carefully. It said inject 1-200 ml into the bag.

I think it might have been the heat that screwed it up. The rye is kind of cooked so I'm surprised that the mycelium survived.

Is it a bad idea to put all of the syringe into one bag?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomspective
Looking into the void

#25478456 - 09/21/18 04:35 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Def get rid of the heatmat..you don't need it, just a normal temp house is fine..And yes putting a whole syringe into a bag is not good..no more than 1cc to inoculate a bag, just a tiny drop is more than enough..

If you're planning to keep this hobby, then start reading up on some of the tek's ready for future grows, lots of people start on the PF tek, simple but low returns, grain and bulk with agar is where its at..If you have any liquid left in the original syringe then save it as you'll be able to use it for a better grow once you've read up:cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag