Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: Tulipslave]
    #25478085 - 09/21/18 02:06 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Her words don’t mean anything , she was just trolling conservative fools ...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: Psilynut2]
    #25478105 - 09/21/18 02:17 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:

she should be careful; facebook has a hard on for hunting trolls

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: Psilynut2]
    #25478115 - 09/21/18 02:20 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:

Yeah, who even takes the emotional rants of a woman (US Senator) seriously these days?  :lol:

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: qman]
    #25478144 - 09/21/18 02:35 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

If we don’t have to take the little orange bitches  (our coward president) words seriously why should anyone else be held to a higher standard ?

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: Tulipslave]
    #25478244 - 09/21/18 03:22 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tulipslave said:
Quote:

relic said:
if one's rapeshit doesn't stink, the type of statement this woman made should roll off one's back like rain off of a duck.

bullshit.  being alluded to as a sexual predator and "part of the problem" when one is not should not "roll off one's back like rain off a duck"

when you label 48-49% of the population as an offender, it's beyond bold

Quote:

Tulipslave said:
not at all.

Quote:

She didn’t say anything about men being impulsive or men being sexual predators.

i specifically stated that she didn't say those things and that was your reply.  you should take a reading comprehension class OR set aside your emotions and opinions when reading others' comments, then reply based on the words they said, not the words you put in their mouths.

You're being totally disegneous.

::thumbdown:

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: koods]
    #25478327 - 09/21/18 03:47 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

do you know what the word allude means?  do you know what a modifier is?

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: relic]
    #25479486 - 09/21/18 11:10 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

relic said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Quote:

relic said:
if one's rapeshit doesn't stink, the type of statement this woman made should roll off one's back like rain off of a duck.

it rolls off, but it becomes tiresome after awhile. Even ducks want to get out of the rain sometimes.  I can understand the sentiment.  Men are somewhat more rapey on average, almost certainly.  Still, nobody wants to be told, day in and day out, that they are some kind of villain.

that doesn't surprise me from some people, but it surprises me coming from you.  otoh, perhaps you have a close to home good reason to feel that way, idk.  that's why i say "surprises me" in a way that expresses only an extremely mild astonishment.

i see it similar to people disparaging rednecks far and wide when none of the things they say apply to me.  i don't get pissed when someone dissess 'necks or the US of A, or whites, or males for that matter, if what they're saying has zero correlation to me/my behavior other than me falling inside the cohort of which they're talking.

I get what you're saying and generally agree.  It's not healthy to be too thin skinned.  Still, the problem with falling within a pilloried cohort is that you can be treated in a way not in accordance with your conduct.  If that cohort is defined by a high melanin content in skin, we call that racism.  Perpetuating negative stereotypes and an "us vs them" mentality is wrong, regardless of color or gender.  I just hate seeing the public discourse degenerate into gender wars or race wars or any of that identity politics shit.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: ballsalsa]
    #25485584 - 09/24/18 02:46 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:

I get what you're saying and generally agree.  It's not healthy to be too thin skinned.  Still, the problem with falling within a pilloried cohort is that you can be treated in a way not in accordance with your conduct.  If that cohort is defined by a high melanin content in skin, we call that racism.  Perpetuating negative stereotypes and an "us vs them" mentality is wrong, regardless of color or gender.  I just hate seeing the public discourse degenerate into gender wars or race wars or any of that identity politics shit.

:nodofunderstanding:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: qman] * 1
    #25485802 - 09/24/18 03:59 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Yeah, it's hard not to take it personally sometimes.

Hell, there's no implications for falsely accusing men of sexual assault, so why not just generalize the whole male population as being sexual and ethical degenerates?  It's the PC thing to do today.

Wont somebody please think of the rich white men

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25485993 - 09/24/18 05:13 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Yeah, it's hard not to take it personally sometimes.

Hell, there's no implications for falsely accusing men of sexual assault, so why not just generalize the whole male population as being sexual and ethical degenerates?  It's the PC thing to do today.

Wont somebody please think of the rich white men

No, she didn't mention race or economic status. Nice try.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: qman] * 2
    #25487798 - 09/25/18 11:09 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Strange you dont have the same urgent declaration for objectivity when its poor muslim men in europe being accused of rape.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25487810 - 09/25/18 11:14 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Strange you dont have the same urgent declaration for objectivity when its poor muslim men in europe being accused of rape.

I don't make sweeping generalizations about a whole gender like this woman did, that has nothing to do with the men that practice Islam having a massive conflict with Western liberal values.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: qman] * 6
    #25487835 - 09/25/18 11:30 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Western liberal values like raping women in high school?

Without even realizing it, you imply rape is endemic to muslim men, and "western liberal values" (aka white people) are in contradiction to that. Again, accidentally proving my point: when white men are accused of rape its either an outlier or the women are liars. When a Muslim is accused, well they couldnt help it theyre muslims.

Also, you use the sanctity of women rights as a cudgel to bash Muslims with, and then spin around and call those women liars when those same rights threaten the power of your ideological leaders. Thats a tough circle to square. Its almost like you cant help but argue in bad faith because your ideology has zero consistency.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25488604 - 09/25/18 04:32 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Western liberal values like raping women in high school?

Without even realizing it, you imply rape is endemic to muslim men, and "western liberal values" (aka white people) are in contradiction to that. Again, accidentally proving my point: when white men are accused of rape its either an outlier or the women are liars. When a Muslim is accused, well they couldnt help it theyre muslims.

Also, you use the sanctity of women rights as a cudgel to bash Muslims with, and then spin around and call those women liars when those same rights threaten the power of your ideological leaders. Thats a tough circle to square. Its almost like you cant help but argue in bad faith because your ideology has zero consistency.

"like raping women in high school?"

Nice hyperbole.

The fact that Western liberal values have clarity on the moral and legal ramifications of rape does separate it from a culture that doesn't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/20/world/europe/norway-offers-migrants-a-lesson-in-how-to-treat-women.html

https://www.spiked-online.com/2016/01/19/why-is-europe-giving-muslim-migrants-sex-ed-lessons/17939/

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/07/sweden-invests-millions-to-teach-migrants-how-to-have-sex-with-blonde-women/

Well this is strange, liberals in the EU attempting to help Muslims and their non-Western liberal values. "That's a tough circle to square".

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: qman] * 2
    #25489095 - 09/25/18 08:15 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

lmao you still fail to see the point: your presumption of innocence for Kavanaugh is simply because hes white and born in America. You pointing out men of all religions have a problem with sexual assault just circles back around to the original point: its a problem with men of all types. A notion that, shockingly, you also reject at face value.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25489140 - 09/25/18 08:34 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
lmao you still fail to see the point: your presumption of innocence for Kavanaugh is simply because hes white and born in America. You pointing out men of all religions have a problem with sexual assault just circles back around to the original point: its a problem with men of all types. A notion that, shockingly, you also reject at face value.

"your presumption of innocence for Kavanaugh"

I give him the presumption of innocent until there's evidence to suggest otherwise. It's not because he's a white US citizen.

"its a problem with men of all types"

I agree, but that's not what Hirono stated. She suggested all men. I suggested and showed it's more problematic for males that don't embrace Western liberal values.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Dem Sen. Hirono lashes out at 'men in this country' urging them to 'shut up and step up' [Re: qman]
    #25489201 - 09/25/18 09:10 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

She suggested all men what?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale