Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHakansi
Stranger
 User Gallery
How are we looking?
    #25471464 - 09/18/18 10:22 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I’ve had 3 failed attempts due to contamination and this time i was very particular about tried to be as sterile as possible. I’m nervous about a lack of moisture up until 2 days ago in which i added more moisture. I see some pining action how long from this stage do you guys think ill expect to have a harvest and do you see anything there that concerns you? I just saw the first pin 2 days ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTXBD
StrangerthanFiction
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Tejas
Re: How are we looking? [Re: Hakansi]
    #25471566 - 09/18/18 11:01 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The Dr. isn't in right now and the nurses seem to be missing in action. I volunteer around here but I'm no pro...  Looks to me like a little misting is in order. Give it a shot or two of a fine mist. It won't hurt.

Do you have your lid cracked or some FAE (fresh air exchange) involved?  I think pinning is triggered by evaporation. So encourage that.

--------------------
I overdo everything and nothing at the same time. Every time, All the time, and some times too.. :bigjoint:

OfflineFeedYourMind
indiGlo
 User Gallery

Loc: That One Place
Re: How are we looking? [Re: TXBD]
    #25471595 - 09/18/18 11:14 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

What strain is it? I’m asking because your pins look more like PE that hasn’t been cased. Also some of the coloring of your sub looks way off. Not just because it’s dry as hell. Looks like it encountered some kind of bacteria or possible contamination along the way.

Keep it going if you must. Those mutants just remind me of something bacterial. Maybe someone else can chime in with more info specific to this situation.

Edit: It actually looks as if you didn’t properly hydrate the substrate before mixing it with your spawn. It just looks dry as fuck, mainly, and the discoloration can be due to that. I would do a heavier than average mist and give it a little 1/8” water at the bottom to allow the mycelium to soak that up.

--------------------

Edited by FeedYourMind (09/18/18 11:22 PM)

Offlinespace_shrooms

Re: How are we looking? [Re: FeedYourMind]
    #25471786 - 09/19/18 01:33 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Looks very dry. Make sure you add enough water to your substrate when preparing it. It should be at field capacity (I.e. when you squeeze it gently a few drops will come out, if you squeeze harder a brief light stream of liquid).

I’d pour water into that tub, all over the substrate, let it sit for 5mins or so and then tip it so the water pours off. I do this with neglected trays that have become very dry in a sgfc. Crusty subs suddenly explode with full flushes.

There’s some weird looking stuff going on in your tubs too, not sure if contam, but I’m any case it needs water ASAP and then you can see what happens later on.

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
    #25471788 - 09/19/18 01:35 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TXBD said:
The Dr. isn't in right now and the nurses seem to be missing in action. I volunteer around here

I clean the shitter... I'd be concerned with the black and gray areas tbh

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineHakansi
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: How are we looking? [Re: Bumholio]
    #25472153 - 09/19/18 07:20 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks everyone. I’ll do like you said with the water and see what happens. This is my 4th go at it so I’ll see it through.

OfflineHakansi
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25477361 - 09/21/18 08:01 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Heres an update, i poured water on it and drained it 36 hours ago.

InvisibleTXBD
StrangerthanFiction

#25477790 - 09/21/18 11:45 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

You could lay a piece of wax paper lightly over the top of the substrate to create a more humid environment at the surface level. The mushrooms will push it up and out of the way as they come up. It still looks dry to me.

--------------------
I overdo everything and nothing at the same time. Every time, All the time, and some times too.. :bigjoint:

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
    #25478241 - 09/21/18 03:19 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TXBD said:
You could lay a piece of wax paper lightly over the top of the substrate to create a more humid environment at the surface level. The mushrooms will push it up and out of the way as they come up. It still looks dry to me.

Don't do this. Wax paper is useless and using a crutch only teaches you to grow with a crutch.

OP, you have blobs. It's bad surface conditions or bacteria.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

InvisibleTXBD
StrangerthanFiction

Re: How are we looking? [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #25478344 - 09/21/18 03:55 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Quote:

TXBD said:

Don't do this. Wax paper is useless and using a crutch only teaches you to grow with a crutch.

OP, you have blobs. It's bad surface conditions or bacteria.

Oh he definitely has bad surface conditions.. That's why he is here. Are you saying the wax paper won't improve his surface conditions to mediate a possible 4th failure in a row. I think he is trying to make something happen or salvage it as opposed to tossing the cake and starting over again.

I'm not saying you are wrong. Just that a hail mary is worth it before tossing it out. He will end up starting over. Just not expecting it so soon. /chuckle

--------------------

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
    #25478414 - 09/21/18 04:21 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Wax paper is just a bad idea in general. It traps all evaporation and blocks airflow to the surface, which is gonna stop pinning and create bacteria. Wax paper, bubble wrap, all that psuedo-casing shit was conceived by people who don't know what mushrooms want.

It's not a Hail Mary, it's suffocation.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

OfflineHakansi
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: How are we looking? [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #25489094 - 09/25/18 08:14 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I’m holding on as long as i can!!! Heres an update.

InvisibleTXBD
StrangerthanFiction

#25489318 - 09/25/18 10:16 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Your going to have to give these mushrooms a name. Like "Twisted Sisters" or "Evil Snowmen" heheh

I'm glad it started fruiting for you!  :sunny:

--------------------

OfflineWing
The Eye Tyrant
Male User Gallery

Re: How are we looking? [Re: TXBD] * 1
    #25489422 - 09/25/18 11:13 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

The pics in the first post had pins or blobs but wasn't fully colonized. Suspicion #1.

If the sub was made too dry, why did it colonize the rest of the tub so quick? ... suspicion #2

I see darker yellowish mycelium. Suspicion #3

Fruits look deformed. Suspicion #4

Looks like some kind of bacteria is riding along.

--------------------
My Old Grow Logs

OfflineHakansi
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: How are we looking? [Re: Wing]
    #25504841 - 10/01/18 10:14 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the help everyone. I had a bunch of fruits, they weren’t big but its the motion of the ocean, am i right?!?! Jk Anyway these suckers were potent.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix