Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | Next > | Last >
Anonymous #23

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #25466977 - 09/17/18 11:47 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Anonymous #23 said:
What sort of probable cause is needed for a warrant on someones house? I saw an episode of LivePD where they raided a stash house, where they even said they had no idea what was in there.

I know someone that ratted out a drug dealer because he was selling drugs laced with other drugs and a few people ended up in the hospital.

thing is, the cops said "well we cant do shit unless we can catch him outside of his house, we cant just run up in their house because someone says they are selling drugs"

So if cops wont accept direct testimony, i dont understand how they can raid a house unrelated to a drug house.

any info would be great, thanks!

As Alan said, it depends on what they have.  One affidavit from a witness is enough if it's specific and recent enough.  An anonymous source will require substantially more information, though.

This was within 24hour of someone overdosing that had just let there. The source told them he physically saw ounces of methaphetamines and would write a statement. They said hear say from a drug addict won't hold up in court. They can't use your testimony even if you physically saw it going on.

When I heard this it blew my mind

They said a warrant for a house is complex, that you would need to lure him out of the house and they could pull him over to get a warrant

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #23]
    #25467162 - 09/17/18 01:02 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

They didn't want to bother with it.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Anonymous #154

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #25467842 - 09/17/18 05:56 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Anonymous #154 said:
So recently my boss made a terrible decision at work. As a result there was a confrontation at work where the boss threatened to fight me (exact words were "With an attitude like that you are looking for a fight, and I will give you one if you want to step outside"), threatened to waterboard one of my coworkers, and called one a clown. Later that night he called up the coworker who he called a clown and promised to make him Director of Cultivation, told him he wanted him to retire at this company, etc. After he said good bye, he did not hang up the phone and my coworker did not either. While still on the phone he starts doing cocaine with two other employees. Part of what my coworker was complaining about was the fact he was using his truck and they weren't compensating him and he needed 100$ to detail his truck. The one employee joked, hey maybe you should give this bill to said coworker. My boss replied, Fuck that lazy nigger (he is black). They proceeded to go on like a 5 minute racist rant where the boss showed no intention of promoting my coworker to any significant position.

Now, since making the terrible decision at work, the boss blamed us for the foul up. As a result we started recording all said conversations with the boss. So this phone call was recorded. Now my coworker did not tell my boss about the fact that he was recording the call.

What should the course of action be? Clearly there is discrimination going on. Oh also my boss was approved for one of the only MMJ permits in the state.

First, you'll need to check if it's legal to record phone calls in your state without both parties consenting.  If it's not, the recording is worthless. 

Either way, however, his conduct probably can subject him to a lawsuit for workplace discrimination.  I don't know if it would be worth bringing, but it's certainly possible.  As to him just being an all-around asshole, that's not illegal.

in the state the recording was made, it is legal to record. In the state that my boss was in, it is not. My boss already tried to file charges against my co-worker, which did not work. Right now he is trying to prove that my co-worker is not an employee of his, hence forth it is not employee discrimination.

What about going public with said recording? The state in which this pertains to just awarded MMJ permits, of which he was a recipient. Bringing this to public would almost certainly result in the loss of the MMJ permit. What legal reprecussions would occur were my co-worker bring this to the media?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #154]
    #25471113 - 09/18/18 08:04 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #154 said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Anonymous #154 said:
So recently my boss made a terrible decision at work. As a result there was a confrontation at work where the boss threatened to fight me (exact words were "With an attitude like that you are looking for a fight, and I will give you one if you want to step outside"), threatened to waterboard one of my coworkers, and called one a clown. Later that night he called up the coworker who he called a clown and promised to make him Director of Cultivation, told him he wanted him to retire at this company, etc. After he said good bye, he did not hang up the phone and my coworker did not either. While still on the phone he starts doing cocaine with two other employees. Part of what my coworker was complaining about was the fact he was using his truck and they weren't compensating him and he needed 100$ to detail his truck. The one employee joked, hey maybe you should give this bill to said coworker. My boss replied, Fuck that lazy nigger (he is black). They proceeded to go on like a 5 minute racist rant where the boss showed no intention of promoting my coworker to any significant position.

Now, since making the terrible decision at work, the boss blamed us for the foul up. As a result we started recording all said conversations with the boss. So this phone call was recorded. Now my coworker did not tell my boss about the fact that he was recording the call.

What should the course of action be? Clearly there is discrimination going on. Oh also my boss was approved for one of the only MMJ permits in the state.

First, you'll need to check if it's legal to record phone calls in your state without both parties consenting.  If it's not, the recording is worthless. 

Either way, however, his conduct probably can subject him to a lawsuit for workplace discrimination.  I don't know if it would be worth bringing, but it's certainly possible.  As to him just being an all-around asshole, that's not illegal.

in the state the recording was made, it is legal to record. In the state that my boss was in, it is not. My boss already tried to file charges against my co-worker, which did not work. Right now he is trying to prove that my co-worker is not an employee of his, hence forth it is not employee discrimination.

What about going public with said recording? The state in which this pertains to just awarded MMJ permits, of which he was a recipient. Bringing this to public would almost certainly result in the loss of the MMJ permit. What legal reprecussions would occur were my co-worker bring this to the media?

My 0.02 move on. Drama begets drama.

Anonymous #146

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25482924 - 09/23/18 12:25 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

So one of my friends is on probabtion for felony possession of drugs he needs a place to stay and is offering some money to rent a room for a few months I've been hearing alot about cops being able to search your residence if your on probabtion if he moves in to a room in my house would the police be able to search my house if they wanted to?

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #146]
    #25482993 - 09/23/18 12:59 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

In my state NC probation officers can search any room that he has casual access to. So if you leave your bedroom door open and unlocked it's assumed he has access to that room and they can search it. So if you have your door closed and replaced the door knob with a key lock they will not be able to search it. This also applies to your vehicle if you give him permission to drive it and they find out they can also search your car. The only thing to worry about is the probation offer has to residency checks periodically (generally every 3-4 months) and if he is messing up they will come to the house a lot more to search his belongings. You should be fine if your door is closed and locked but if you are in your room smoking pot or having a crazy party when the officer shows up and they can smell it through the door then yeah they are going to come in your room and get you. In North Carolina atleast. I imagine your rights may be different if in a different state.

Does he still have any of the paperwork they gave him on the first day?  It should say what happens With co occupancy in regards to searching the home.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

Edited by Crispy224 (09/23/18 01:10 PM)

Anonymous #154

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Crispy224]
    #25523776 - 10/09/18 07:01 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

So I am entering into settlement amount negotiations over a dog bite incident that happened about a year ago. I was bit on my hand that resulted in lost of mobility, pain and discomfort, medical bills, loss of wages, etc. I filed suit for 50k and the opposing attorney asked what would be a more realistic amount we are looking for. The average pay out for dog bites in this area is 35k, which was what my attorney told me.

What would be reasonable to ask for? How does this process work?

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Anonymous #154]
    #25535092 - 10/13/18 05:50 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

how do we get rid of the electoral college?

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25535786 - 10/14/18 12:16 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

My 0.02 move on. Drama begets drama.

I agree.  I can't definitively tell you if you'd be breaking a law in your state, and you have nothing to gain but a bad reputation by risking it.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #146] * 1
    #25535787 - 10/14/18 12:17 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #146 said:
So one of my friends is on probabtion for felony possession of drugs he needs a place to stay and is offering some money to rent a room for a few months I've been hearing alot about cops being able to search your residence if your on probabtion if he moves in to a room in my house would the police be able to search my house if they wanted to?

Assuming his probation includes a 4th amendment waiver, yes.  Not the whole house, though, as long as you have your private area that he doesn't have access to, the cops can't search that.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #154]
    #25535793 - 10/14/18 12:18 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #154 said:
So I am entering into settlement amount negotiations over a dog bite incident that happened about a year ago. I was bit on my hand that resulted in lost of mobility, pain and discomfort, medical bills, loss of wages, etc. I filed suit for 50k and the opposing attorney asked what would be a more realistic amount we are looking for. The average pay out for dog bites in this area is 35k, which was what my attorney told me.

What would be reasonable to ask for? How does this process work?

That depends on what damages you can prove.  This will largely depend on the quality of your expert witnesses.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: cannabinated]
    #25535796 - 10/14/18 12:19 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
how do we get rid of the electoral college?

All it takes is a constitutional amendment.  Get 3/4 of the states on board, and have them propose and ratify the amendment.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #25541808 - 10/16/18 11:53 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Ok ty

that will never happen

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: cannabinated]
    #25547838 - 10/18/18 03:54 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
Ok ty

that will never happen

Fortunately.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous #109

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #25548856 - 10/18/18 11:10 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I got pulled over awhile back on a suspended DL.  Went to court, took a conditional plea deal in order to reduce from misdemeanor to infraction.  The condition was to get my DL back by X date.  Deadline comes and goes.  I head back to court and beg for more time.  I get more time which comes and goes.  This time I skip my court date.  Now I finally  have my DL and plan to call up the court and set a time to see a judge.  What is the minimum punishment I should expect at this point?  All of this happened in Los Angeles county.

Anonymous #157

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Anonymous #109] * 1
    #25550605 - 10/19/18 03:12 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Either a dismissal or a small fine. I mean you are going back with your license so I don't imagine the judge can be that upset. But no one can say for sure since the judge can be in a shitty mood that day. I don't know the maximum sentence but I would guess the absolutely worse could be a few nights in jail. But that's the absolute worse sentence. Dress nice, say yes your honor, no your honor and it shouldn't be that bad.

Offlinetathlyn
Perpetual Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Persia
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Anonymous #157]
    #25551867 - 10/20/18 07:06 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

The practice of law seems very much based on logic.

What are some things, low cost or free, I can do to improve my ability to be more logical?

--------------------
Beware of unearned wisdom.
  - Carl Jung

Anonymous #146

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: tathlyn]
    #25551954 - 10/20/18 07:58 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Well you can stop going on this website for one.

Anonymous #158

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Anonymous #146]
    #25562329 - 10/24/18 05:06 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I am a Veteran who got kicked out of the military for smoking pot 6 years ago. I never got deployed, and ever since I got the boot I feel a duty to fight for my fellow veterans who were deployed and were affected by it.

Since getting kicked out I've gone on to work in the cannabis industry and study the effects of cannabis professionally.
I also moved out to the Oregon and discovered psilocybin, and have been looking for a way to publicly promote the movement towards legalization of both psilocybin and cannabis, ESPECIALLY for veterans.

I've been entertaining an idea to put attention on the matter.

I host a podcast, so I have an audience. I want to go to Cape Disappointment (where it is known to be a hostile environment towards mushroom pickers) and find some of the azurescens mushrooms that they punish people with felony charges for picking. I want to alert cops/rangers to my location by making it seem as if I have picked some of them. Long before all of this I intend to start a live-stream to explain to my viewers the nature of my visit, and to have record of my time in the park and that I have committed no crimes.

Something along the lines of:
"I am here to spread awareness about psilocybin and the positive effects it can have on our society and our veterans. Today I'm going to purposefully make myself look suspicious in hopes of alerting cops to my presence. I'm not meaning to waste resources in falsely alerting public safety officials to my location, but I am meaning to demonstrate how ridiculous it is to aggressively surveil citizens and mobilize to arrest those who desire an experience that can only be provided by the naturally occurring psilocybin mushroom"

When the cops approach me I intend to reveal plainly that I am recording and also live-streaming. I will say that I have no weapons on me. I will ensure that I don't have anything incriminating should a search against my will occur. I will leave my ID in the car, where it is required for me to take part in legally driving a vehicle. I will explain to them that I have committed no crimes, and that I have a host of viewers and a hard copy video back up as evidence to my actions since entering the park. I have not picked anything I am not supposed to or done anything illegal.

The point is to shed light on the ridiculous nature of suppressing research on things that could prove very beneficial, while instead the government convicts people as felons and gains monetarily from not allowing the acquisition of something that occurs naturally and has many positive benefits. At the very least I wish to inspire a conversation to let people who know what they are doing (i.e. University scientists who have respect and knowledge for the landscape and field) harvest samples and begin conducting medical research.

It's just an idea right now so what I would say will be more polished when the time comes, should the time come. I'll have memorized a lot of good points to support my argument, informative tidbits. Try to appear pretty reasonable/rational/stoic in my delivery, from a place of obvious care and interest without aggression or manipulative persuasion. Just facts and practicality.

I guess my question would be:

Do you have any advice about how to best navigate that and get out unscathed?

My goal is to irritate the rangers/cops as little as possible, and supply evidence to prove my point (that it is ridiculous to maliciously pursue the prosecution of mushroom pickers, potentially ruining their lives). I want to make it obvious that I'm non-violent and cooperative, while standing my ground as someone who hasn't committed a crime. And I want there to be more of a conversation about psilocybin in society.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This would be occurring in Washington, and I live in Oregon. Thanks in advance! Feel free to not answer if this is silly or tell me it's a bad idea.

Anonymous #157

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Anonymous #158]
    #25562490 - 10/24/18 07:22 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I mean if you aren't under the influence of anything or possesing anything illegal they can probably search you but if they can't find anything they really can't do anything. I think the worst they can do is ask you to leave. So I imagine to get their attention you are going to dress like a hippy? Because I have heard they basically leave anyone else alone but if you look dirty or act like you have a free spirit they'll hide in bushes and jump out when you pick a mushroom. Seems a bit crazy. Like I could understand stopping someone if they where tripping in the park. But damn you shouldnt get in trouble for picking a mushroom and bringing it home.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds