Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

string cheese= the next dead "scene" ???
    #2547064 - 04/10/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

string cheese has some great vibes coming out of it. seems nothing but positive.  though they could never match the dead on that level, it seems as if they are the next  band.  fuck phish, string cheese has roots that phish doesn't.  what do you guys think?  :gd_icon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: string cheese= the next dead "scene" ??? [Re: ]
    #2547075 - 04/10/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That is the stupidest thing I've heard all day and I've been watching television, no offense of course.

Anonymous

Re: string cheese= the next dead "scene" ??? [Re: Adom]
    #2547087 - 04/10/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

how is it stupid? doesn't seem stupid. they're a grassroots band that has a good following. wtf? you should see the rift raft that follows phil around these days. i mean, people at SCI are there for the music, and not the drugs. and you say thats stupid? sorry, but come down from the clouds man.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2547090 - 04/10/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I mean you cheese kids always slam Phish and it gets old and by stupid I mean the idea that anything like the original scene that surrounded the Grateful Dead will ever happen again is completely absurd.

And if by grassroots you mean rip off then you'd be correct I honestly can say I don't see them being all that original. They are good and they are fun and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them but they haven't broke the ground Phish did and Phish is obviously an influence to Kang.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #2547091 - 04/10/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

string cheese has roots that phish doesn't

Huh?  I'm just curious what you mean by this.

Cheese is cool but they aren't gonna be the next torch beaers to the "scene."  There are lots of bands out there nowadays that make magic similar to what the Dead do.  What makes SCI so special?  Personally, I don't think they'll get much bigger than they are now.  Can't wait to see them at Bonnaroo though!  :laugh:

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #2547092 - 04/10/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

phish is THE MOST origanal band out thier by far

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2547106 - 04/10/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

And (((((((((((( :heartpump: ))))))))))) to everyone I don't want this to turn into another lame mud throwing my band is cooler than your band argument.

So (((((((((((+))))))))))))

Play nice  :grin: :sun: :gd_icon:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

#2547125 - 04/10/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

What he said.    /\

:wexican:

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: string cheese= the next dead "scene" ??? [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2547128 - 04/10/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

What you doing home tonight?

Anonymous

Re: string cheese= the next dead "scene" ??? [Re: fee]
    #2547137 - 04/10/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

nah, phish is experimental, but they lack true originality. i like cheese because it seems as though they're trying to strike out on some new ground. i did have a most profound experience with them on acid n K with them, so i don't know. just seems like their shows are fun, lack BS filler.

honestly, there is going to be a band to take over from the dead. its out there.

they're gonna have sound, emotion, and people behind them. people, around here especially, say nothing can replace the grateful dead.
i don't believe that. i think something can be as great as the dead, while not over-shadowing them. people are hooked on JG as being the messiah. which he was for his time. but what about our time? come on. i believe that this thing, this 'scene' or 'vibe' will not die. would jerry want it to die with him? if it meant he wasn't the absolute messiah? i think the GD started things. someone is going to continue it.

perhaps it won't be the nationwide LSD network that the dead was. but there is going to be a band, or bands, that create that
paradise-in-a-parking lot feeling. it was never about LSD, or any other drug... even thoght the GD is handsdown the greatest, i think the music will progress, and something will carry the torch.

at least i hope so for my kid's sake.

Anonymous

Re: string cheese= the next dead "scene" ??? [Re: fee]
    #2547138 - 04/10/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

nah, phish is experimental, but they lack true originality. i like cheese because it seems as though they're trying to strike out on some new ground. i did have a most profound experience with them on acid n K with them, so i don't know. just seems like their shows are fun, lack BS filler.

honestly, there is going to be a band to take over from the dead. its out there.

they're gonna have sound, emotion, and people behind them. people, around here especially, say nothing can replace the grateful dead.
i don't believe that. i think something can be as great as the dead, while not over-shadowing them. people are hooked on JG as being the messiah. which he was for his time. but what about our time? come on. i believe that this thing, this 'scene' or 'vibe' will not die. would jerry want it to die with him? if it meant he wasn't the absolute messiah? i think the GD started things. someone is going to continue it.

perhaps it won't be the nationwide LSD network that the dead was. but there is going to be a band, or bands, that create that
paradise-in-a-parking lot feeling. it was never about LSD, or any other drug... even thoght the GD is handsdown the greatest, i think the music will progress, and something will carry the torch.

at least i hope so for my kid's sake.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

#2547163 - 04/10/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

What you doing home tonight?

Because I don't have any friends. :frown: No, one of my friends is at home for Easter, another is busy with his girlfriend (who happens to be married) and another friend works for another half hour.  Maybe I'll call him later and we can do some gallivanting around town.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2547176 - 04/10/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i'm home because there isn't anything to do. don't knock someone for not being out on a sat. nite. thats just high school shit.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2547179 - 04/10/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Jerry would laugh in the face of the god awful Jack Ass to consider him any sort of messiah. For chrissakes! What the fuck?!?!?!? The man had plenty of demons, he was a genious musician and some other things but just a human like the rest of us on the inside. Mankind doesn't get graced by his kind very often.

Look at the age you live in, some music may equal or even surpass the Dead sometime I don't think it has yet but the possibility's are endless. There will be no more Paradise-In-Parking-Lot scene again those days are over now untill the country we live in Changes with a capitol C. Nothting will ever replace the Dead because they are true originals who did something different. Nothing will come close, something else completely original is bound to come along but it will blaze a completely different trail. There is now follow up acts. They-times-they-are-a-constantly-a-changing.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2547186 - 04/10/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, chill man, I was asking a person I know personally what he was up to at home tonight, I wasn't knocking anyone! I am at home on blowing free time myself!

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2547188 - 04/10/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, chill man, I was asking a person I know personally what he was up to at home tonight, I wasn't knocking anyone! I am at home on blowing free time myself !

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

#2547198 - 04/10/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ha.  Hilarious!  :lol:

Yeah quit knockin on me Adom, you're hurting my feelings.

Too bad there isn't any good live music going on tonight....

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2547207 - 04/10/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Got my profesional football playing friend coming over later  :grin: 6'8" 320 lbs, what a monster, I love him to death, he's fun as hell.  Got a huge Steal Your Face tat Wrapped around his lumber jack arm.  He is the reason I was at the football game last night, he just got signed to a local arena football team.  The Sioux City Bandits, he plays offensive line.  He took me to my first WSP/jamband show and introduced me to the scene :grin: :thumbup: :gd_icon:

Anonymous

#2547208 - 04/10/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

the country we live in is great. don't knock it. the paradise in a parking lot scene is dead- if people like you, adom, think it is. jerry was the mesiah of music for decades, in my opinion. i'd don't think he'd laugh, though he'd be honored to see it. someone can be that great, and he'd accept it with humility.

i think the movement can live on. as long as young people like ourselves (i'm assuming) let it. don't let it die with the dead. SCI, and then phish (in my opinion) let it live, however meagerly.
something needs to change, and thats the attitude of the grateful dead loving individual.

they need to see that the grateful dead is the beginning, and that we are awaiting.

the dead made thirty plus years of great music. but its not the end of em, the ideals they set will be put into more great music.
i just hope that the music created in the next thirty years is not over shadowed by people unwilling to let the GD pass. i know it sounds bad, but it has to happen eventually. otherwise, everything will end.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2547218 - 04/10/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Good music is timeless thus will never let pass, why do you think people like me listen to Back, Beethoven and other music from 4 centuries ago? It will be embraced for as long as people can listen.

I didn't knock the U. S. of A. one bit but if you like the foul state of the day then you are one sick puppy. We could use big change and then we could return to our eden like paradise and complete enjoy scene's and surrounder with constant fear of doing 5-10 with killers, rapist and other violent crazies.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]