Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineOysterKing
His I ness
Male

Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !!
    #25469249 - 09/18/18 08:31 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2018-09-18-ban-on-private-use-of-dagga-at-home-is-ruled-unconstitutional/

The highest court has spoken: You are allowed to smoke - and grow - dagga at home

The Constitutional Court has found that the ban on the private use and cultivation of dagga is unconstitutional.

The unanimous judgment decriminalises adults smoking dagga at home and growing enough marijuana for personal consumption. But the highest court in the land said clearly marijuana was not allowed to be smoked publicly. Dealing is still illegal.

There were scenes of jubilation in court on Tuesday as the judgment was handed down. One man screamed "Babylon" while others clapped and screamed.

The Constitutional Court was confirming the 2017 Western Cape high court judgment by Judge Dennis Davis that found a ban on the use of dagga at home was against the constitutional right to privacy.

Rastafarian Garreth Prince and Dagga Party leader Jeremy Acton brought the case. Multiple government departments appealed and wanted dagga use at home to remain criminalised.

The court accepted medical studies that showed alcohol caused more harm than dagga and that there was little data to show that criminalising dagga reduced harmful use.

Parliament has two years to amend the relevant laws. In the meantime‚ the court specified it has granted interim relief that allows personal use at home.

Justice Raymond Zondo said he took into account international law allowing the private use of dagga at home.

"We are free‚" shouted one man. "After thousands of years. Rastafari... We are free!"

South Africa's "dagga couple" – Jules Stobbs‚ 59‚ and Myrtle Clarke‚ 51, who have spent years fighting to legalise the use of dagga for adults – posed for a celebratory photograph.

The couple‚ who flew to Johannesburg for the judgment‚ had on Monday evening urged dagga users in Port Elizabeth to "puff their very last illegal joint" ahead of the landmark ruling. They were friends of the court in this matter.

"Garreth Prince‚ you defeated Goliath‚" screamed a man repeatedly after the ruling.

The ruling does not allow dagga users to sell it to their friends.

--------------------
:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegandalfe
Gandalfe
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: OysterKing]
    #25469471 - 09/18/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Canada is doing the same on Oct. 17 but there are so many new laws and regulations that it isn't truly Legal. We Only can grow 6 plants per household ,and only can buy from crappy government stores.No concentrates or edibles but They are claiming 150 different kinds of top grade weed will be sold online, here in BC.It better be cheap and good or this thrifty Scotchman is shopping elsewhere.There is still a huge black market, and it won't be going away.

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: gandalfe]
    #25469979 - 09/18/18 01:29 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I wish I could only grow 6 plants legally.

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #25470171 - 09/18/18 02:43 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Imagine all the buzz you could grow down there, I mean they got like sun 247.

Though I will recommend eating it, melting it into some butter, lasts longer. It is quite psychedelic this way. They say cannabis is not psychedelic many people , but be prepared to be surprised.

Invisibletrvptamine
P-Mx$$
Male

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: lessismore]
    #25470368 - 09/18/18 04:21 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lessismore said:
Imagine all the buzz you could grow down there, I mean they got like sun 247.

Though I will recommend eating it, melting it into some butter, lasts longer. It is quite psychedelic this way. They say cannabis is not psychedelic many people , but be prepared to be surprised.

Id disagree. It doesnt hit the 5HT2a receptor at all making it not a psychedelic.

Ive eaten plenty of edibles and made extremely high dosed edibles my self. Never once has it made me have a trip anywhere near on the level of a psychedelic or dissociative. It is certainly a different experience than when smoked but its definitely not psychedelic.

--------------------

Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: trvptamine] * 1
    #25471193 - 09/18/18 08:31 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

You're wrong, marijuana definitely has some psychedelic properties.
Do you not remember your first few times smoking and getting kaleidoscope visuals when you closed your eyes?
Or getting hallucinations? 
Or thinking abstractly about life? 

If you don't believe me then hopefully you'll believe Erowid (you'd be a fool if you didn't)....  https://erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

"[CANNABIS] EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
Intoxicant; Stimulant; Psychedelic; Depressant"

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

Edited by lifeiswhatyoumake (09/18/18 08:32 PM)

Invisibletrvptamine
P-Mx$$
Male

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #25471353 - 09/18/18 09:27 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Is a psychedelic not a 5HT2a agonist? I thought that was the definition... All other classic psychedelics and RC psychedelics are 5HT2a agonists.

Also heroin also causes strong visuals when nodding. Wouldnt call it a psychedelic. I think this is just a case of mis-classification. I think weed should be called a hallucinogen though.

--------------------

OfflineOysterKing
His I ness
Male

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: gandalfe]
    #25472699 - 09/19/18 12:38 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Gandalfe

It would seem we have legalised the private use of (all that buzz lol), however sale of product is still prohibited. We have no rulings yet on how much we can grow or keep at home, and public use or possession is under question. The radio today was talking about the implications of marijuana use and work and driving.

Check this article. Its a bit better than the first reference:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-45559954

In my opinion this couple https://daggacouple.co.za were instrumental in making the change possible for us. Maybe there are some of you out there that can take inspiration and courage from them. And this great occurrence.

Having been on the wrong end of the law a few times for my favourite pastime, I can now say I'm so relieved and joyful, my life has changed! It was cool smoking a legal joint in my house last night.

--------------------

OfflineOysterKing
His I ness
Male

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: lessismore]
    #25472781 - 09/19/18 01:07 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

@ lessismore: I can't wait to grow an outdoor Big Cheese. I've seen one before and it was like 8ft tall. Primo-genetics + sun-fed = well baked.

--------------------

Invisiblefenderjaguar
 User Gallery

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #25472872 - 09/19/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
Do you not remember your first few times smoking and getting kaleidoscope visuals when you closed your eyes?
Or getting hallucinations?

Yes, I remember this when first couple of months smoking cannabis when me and some friends were about 15. We used to sit in a dark shed and peoples faces used to turn different colours. Objects could seem like they were different sizes. We could close our eyes and see faint images. Also you could convince yourself that you were in different places. Just lots of things like that.

I also remember alcohol giving some very easily dismissed hallucinogenic effects as well, but quickly grew a tolerance to it, and it was hazed out by the sedative hypnotic effect of the alcohol.

OfflineFractalMind
Werewolf
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: fenderjaguar]
    #25477539 - 09/21/18 09:35 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Justice is finally served. Apartheid is OFFICIALLY over because of this.

A war on drugs is a war on human consciousness, and anyone standing in the way of an evolved human consciousness should be sent back to the shithole they came from.

OfflineOysterKing
His I ness
Male

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: fenderjaguar] * 1
    #25645870 - 11/28/18 11:22 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I think ya'll can appreciate this pic.

After nearly 20 years of smoking, I can now finally plant my own!

1 month old baby, so proud! She is a Sativa-Indica Local variant. I'm excited to see how she looks when fruiting.

A small law change has created a significant mind shift for many here in South Africa.

--------------------

Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: OysterKing]
    #25647326 - 11/29/18 08:07 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

That's a great view .  That plant is happy, I'm sure

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

OfflineOysterKing
His I ness
Male

Re: Home Marijuana use declared Legal today in South Africa !! [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #25648210 - 11/30/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

It is, thanks.

My camera is crap, but This might be a better pic:

Every one of those houses below the mountain probably have a couple new additions to the garden lol :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order