Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources
    #25466699 - 09/17/18 09:14 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/coca-cola-in-talks-with-aurora-to-develop-cannabis-drinks-sources-1.1138528

Quote:

The Coca-Cola Co. is in “serious talks” with Aurora Cannabis Inc. to develop cannabis-infused beverages, a groundbreaking move that would signal a significant foray into the marijuana sector by one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands, multiple sources familiar with the matter told BNN Bloomberg.

The sources said that Coca-Cola (), the world’s largest beverage company, is interested in developing beverages that are infused with cannabidiol, commonly referred to as CBD, the non-psychoactive chemical found in marijuana plants.

Unlike other deals between alcohol makers and cannabis producers aimed at making drinks that will give consumers a “buzz” similar to inhaling marijuana, Coca-Cola and Aurora () would likely develop beverages that will ease inflammation, pain and cramping.

Estimates vary, but the consumer CBD market is estimated to grow to US$2.1 billion by 2020, from $202 million in 2015, according to a recent report in the Hemp Business Journal.

“They’re pretty advanced down the path” of doing a deal, according to one source who has direct knowledge of the talks between the two companies.

“It’s going to be more of the ‘recovery drink’ category,” the source added.

The sources declined to speak on-the-record with BNN Bloomberg as discussions between Aurora and Coca-Cola remain private.

Kent Landers, a spokesman from Coca-Cola, declined to comment about Aurora. However, he added in an emailed statement to BNN Bloomberg that “along with many others in the beverage industry, we are closely watching the growth of non-psychoactive CBD as an ingredient in functional wellness beverages around the world. The space is evolving quickly. No decisions have been made at this time.”

Heather MacGregor, a spokeswoman with Aurora, said in an emailed statement that the cannabis producer has expressed specific interest in the infused beverage space, and intends to enter that market.

“As a rule, we do not discuss business development initiatives until they are finalized, however we have a responsibility to our shareholders to give proper consideration to all relevant opportunities that are presented,” MacGregor said.

Shares in Aurora surged as much as 19 per cent when markets opened Monday, paring gains to about 16 per cent to $9.92 on the Toronto Stock Exchange as of 9:42 a.m. ET. Coca-Cola’s stock rose 0.15 per cent to US$46.05 on the New York Stock Exchange.

While the sources say the talks between Coca-Cola and Aurora are ongoing, there is no guarantee they will be successful or that a commercial agreement would be made public.

Coca-Cola’s possible affiliation with the cannabis sector would mark a pivotal moment for the 132-year old company that owns more than 500 brands around the world. The company behind such drinks as Diet Coke, Sprite and Minute-Maid juice reported annual revenue of US$35.4 billion in 2017, down 15.5 per cent from the prior year, which has spurred the company to search for growth in international markets and new beverage concepts such as an alcoholic offering that’s only available in Japan.

The beverage giant’s desire to diversify its portfolio was demonstrated last month when it announced an agreement to buy Costa Ltd., the U.K.’s biggest coffee retailer, from Whitbread Plc. for US$5.1 billion.

It’s also one of the world’s most beloved brands, ranking as the fourth most valuable in the world, behind Apple Inc., Google Inc. and Microsoft Corp., according to Interbrand. Tying itself to cannabis would give Coca-Cola a slightly edgier appearance that would contrast from a company that relies on its iconic labeling and marketing campaigns such as its polar bear ads during the holidays to lure customer interest.

Coca-Cola's interest in the cannabis space was first reported by The Globe and Mail last month. However, its talks with a specific cannabis producer and the level of those discussions have not previously been reported.

Aurora isn’t the only company that Coca-Cola has discussed developing a cannabis strategy with. Executives from Coca-Cola held high-level talks with Leamington, Ont.-based Aphria Inc. two months ago, but didn’t progress further, one source directly familiar with the discussions told BNN Bloomberg.

“There’s a lot of interest from [consumer-packaged goods], and liquor and tobacco [companies] to look at cannabis as a new growth vector,” said Martin Landry, managing director of equity research at GMP Securities LP, in an interview with BNN Bloomberg.

“What’s happening is that the cannabis industry is still in its infancy and there’s not a lot of partners to dance with.”

Landry said that large consumer-packaged goods (CPG) companies such as Coca-Cola or Switzerland-based Nestle S.A. would likely favour a joint-venture type of deal with a cannabis producer rather than making a large equity investment that could be at risk if pot company valuations decline in the coming years.

“If I’m a big CPG company, the reason I’d want to partner with a cannabis producer is to use them as a test market to develop products here in Canada and perfect them, so then I can enter the U.S. down the road when it’s more appropriate to do so,” he said.

Cannabis Canada is BNN Bloomberg’s in-depth series exploring the stunning formation of the entirely new – and controversial – Canadian recreational marijuana industry. Read more from the special series here and subscribe to our Cannabis Canada newsletter to have the latest marijuana news delivered directly to your inbox every day.

Coke is going to get more refreshing in the future. :assimilate:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: rider420]
    #25466801 - 09/17/18 10:00 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

from cocaine to cannabis, looks like coke has almost gone full circle

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: redeyesmj]
    #25466843 - 09/17/18 10:24 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

can CBD be sold in any store all across America?

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #25466906 - 09/17/18 11:11 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WhoManBeing said:

i've seen some shops but I seriously doubt the consistency of CBD products

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: Konyap]
    #25467175 - 09/17/18 01:11 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

There are all kinds of local weed soda brands here in oregon. I prefer to get my weed through smoke and edibles infused with lots of fats. I think infusing a milk product or yogurt would be better. I don't feel like the body has the time to absorb the canabinoids when it's drank in sugar water.

The real mind blower was hearing that big tobacco is getting involved. Even in kentucky where my kids live, tobacco is grown everywhere. Almost everyone has a tobacco drying shed. They are pushing hemp production which will give  farmers another option besides gmo corn, gmo soy, or tobacco without having to change their mechanical processes much. Hemp requires very little labor, and can be sold to mills directly once they're established.

Edited by passifloracaerulea (09/17/18 01:16 PM)

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #25467971 - 09/17/18 06:40 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WhoManBeing said:

They sell CBD bud at the hookah lounge near me.  It comes in little jars and it says it's hemp.  It looks like some reggie buds.  Weed is only medically legal here, but apparently they aren't getting in trouble for it.

--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 
EVOLUTION REQUIRES REPRODUCTION

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #25467987 - 09/17/18 06:47 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

CBD is the gateway drug.

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #25468773 - 09/18/18 02:14 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Saw one of the pics in here. Guys how can cannabis be from God if it makes you sleepy?

Thought gods things all brought you life, being active.

Free etc. Not sleepy.

I heard many people benefitting from Cannabis and Psychedelics. But there also seem to be some side effects that may not be intended. If they were from God. ie. God-given tools.

Well I guess chamomille tea makes me very very sleepy too and always loved that.

I am just trying to find out if cannabis really is from God or not, what you think?
I don't think any form of smoking is from God. But I always liked cannabis edibles somehow a bit.

Btw. It would be awesome with cannabis drinks. Certainly better than beer. Beer always depressed my spirit into heavymetal. Cola is a guilty pleasure of mine. Now that I think of who possibly runs coca cola and pepsi I don't always feel good about it, New World Order thing?. I mean just read the Pepsi Fetus debate.

Offlinethirtygoats
Male

Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: rider420]
    #25468791 - 09/18/18 02:38 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

There are so many things you could do with cannabis, so many different products you could make with it, the profits would likely be several billion or more a year, I just don't understand why it's not legal yet

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: lessismore] * 1
    #25469882 - 09/18/18 12:50 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Coca-cola should go back to using good ole coca leaf for energy then you'll feel like a God!

Quote:

lessismore said:
Saw one of the pics in here. Guys how can cannabis be from God if it makes you sleepy?

Thought gods things all brought you life, being active.

Free etc. Not sleepy.

I heard many people benefitting from Cannabis and Psychedelics. But there also seem to be some side effects that may not be intended. If they were from God. ie. God-given tools.

Well I guess chamomille tea makes me very very sleepy too and always loved that.

I am just trying to find out if cannabis really is from God or not, what you think?
I don't think any form of smoking is from God. But I always liked cannabis edibles somehow a bit.

Btw. It would be awesome with cannabis drinks. Certainly better than beer. Beer always depressed my spirit into heavymetal. Cola is a guilty pleasure of mine. Now that I think of who possibly runs coca cola and pepsi I don't always feel good about it, New World Order thing?. I mean just read the Pepsi Fetus debate.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Coca-Cola in talks with Aurora to develop cannabis drinks: Sources [Re: lessismore] * 1
    #25469991 - 09/18/18 01:32 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lessismore said:
Guys how can cannabis be from God if it makes you sleepy?....

....I am just trying to find out if cannabis really is from God or not, what you think?

Why does that matter if you're trying to find out if cannabis is from god or not?...Why does this matter to the subject of this thread?....How is that relevant to this thread?

Every thread you post in you turn it into some silly religious ramble that does not even directly relate to the subject of the thread...Damn near every thread you post in you do this. It's like your brain has gone hay-wire and is stuck on analyzing every single damn thing from some sort of biblical perspective.

So you are "Wondering if cannabis is from god or not"....What the fuck does that have to do with coca-cola creating a beverage with CBD in it?....

-OM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order