Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #25470771 - 09/18/18 06:28 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

notice how your conclusions are simply incomplete?

you're right, there is one human race. there are also different kinds of humans, that are categorically distinct. this notion, in the spiritual sense, due to the conforming of nature to reality (the reality of change being something that human nature tends to conform to as an end, rather than a means), that of the nature to persist and separate as a continuous force.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIntentional
Sentient Something
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 2
    #25471684 - 09/19/18 12:12 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

By your philosophy there is only ever one resulting answer or situation and I, personally, have opted out of your philosophy for that very reason. You can keep convincing yourself that everything is a social construct and that black people, given enough time, will eventually turn white living in Norway. I however know that a belief such as this only ever undoes what makes nature so beautifully simplex. It's nothing more than human arrogance to believe you can shift reality with your ideal expectations alone. What is true or false in this realm is, on an axis, at right angles to what is good and bad.

Don't get me wrong you can certainly go about your life as you are and be somewhat at peace, it's simply all about recognition however.

--------------------
Man’s ability to travel between the physical and metaphysical makes him both arbiter and prisoner to creation.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: Intentional]
    #25472723 - 09/19/18 12:47 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Newbie, you have jumped to absurd conclusions about further evolutionary trends, and you have selected a very brief (and quite probably final) interaction to sum up my "philosophy." :lol:
I've been on these forums for 19 years, and you just arrived. You think you know my philosophy?  :rolleyes: "Shift reality with your ideal expectations alone?" :rofl2: Seriously dude? This is what you take away from OUR interaction? It is much more likely that you have projected some objectionable views of your own onto me, with whom you have no significant interaction, and are then responding to your own issues AS IF they are mine! This is called Projective Identification. I do not own any of your projects, so back the fuck off. You demonstrate an oppositional attitude here which I am not in the least bit interested in engaging. You would do well to inquire of individuals before you assume, re: social construction of reality. You know what happens when you assume don't you? You make an ass out of you and me. :rofl:
I like Berger's & Luckmann's book, The Social Construction of Reality for its insights, but I most definitely do not reduce human phenomena to a single aspect on a single axis of reality. Speaking of axes, I would direct you to a useful heuristic device - Ken Wilbur's AQAL (All Quadrants All Levels). Now go away. :bye:

Offlineakira_akuma

#25472752 - 09/19/18 12:57 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

you're acting, as usual, the "i know more than you, i am older and wiser, fuck off" thing. congrats. you haven't shown how his views are objectionable...at all. period. you've literally done nothing but bark.

i just find it funny that you act like your above doing things like this, as someone with such experience on the forum. you realize that people are like this on the internet, right? and that you're doing this thing, this thing that everyone else usually does (which is be an uppity knowitall), right? you're doing it, like, literally...right now.

:confused:

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: life is good] * 1
    #25472923 - 09/19/18 02:12 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

life is good said:

“One can only understand history...
if one pays attention to people's
racial characteristics.
And one can only understand
all that is spiritual ...
if one first examines how
this spiritual element
operates within people
precisely through
the color of their skin.”
— Rudolf Steiner [1]

never heard of the guy, he's probably not my cup of tea.

any one ever seen how so called brown/black churches act in comparison to white churches. in the brown churches people usually faint, start running around and yelling... white people churches are usually pretty quite listening to the sermon.

then you look at the apache plain dance or the dance the sufi's do that they enter in a trance and connect with a higher power.

when outsiders come and they saw how these people would dance and "worship" they called that demonic...

they'll never understand because they put themselves in direct contradiction to what is being observed, and as thoughts are recycled and incarnated they will linger on in the minds those vessels.

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

OfflineIntentional
Sentient Something
I'm a teapot

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25473040 - 09/19/18 03:30 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

How new I am to this forum is completely arbitrary and it's mildly amusing that you're being so territorial, I think it says more about you than you realise. I haven't assumed anything about you outside of the words you've typed on here, which have been very much typical and rhetorical. Sue me for being all too used to hearing the same lame philosophy from people.

You can try that whole psychoanalysis of me lark but in fact judging by your response, including the amount of emojis you've typed, I seem to have hit a nerve and it looks like it is you who is projecting. If you're so hasten to run from an oppositional attitude why even begin a debate in the first place, especially on a thread so related to yourself personally? You need not answer.

--------------------
Man’s ability to travel between the physical and metaphysical makes him both arbiter and prisoner to creation.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: Intentional]
    #25473074 - 09/19/18 03:44 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

in this forum we are supposed to steer clear of personalisms, i.e. being mean to eachother with snide comments jibs and jabs. Just stay with the topic is best.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #25473172 - 09/19/18 04:31 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

hey, Markos started this, i can clearly see that he made this personal, and he said

Quote:

This is called Projective Identification. I do not own any of your projects, so back the fuck off.

a personalism.

also
Quote:

Now go away.

another.
plus

Quote:

You demonstrate an oppositional attitude here which I am not in the least bit interested in engaging.

no he doesn't. you are being literally as oppositional, by your own logic, and he hasn't been half as "oppositional" (ie, no personalisms, as seen above) as you've been just lashing out at him. all he said was

Quote:

by your philosophy

and you didn't clarify ANYTHING but just lashed out at him, Markos.

wtf

OfflineIntentional
Sentient Something
I'm a teapot

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25473347 - 09/19/18 05:54 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

YOU are a shill. How's that?

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: Intentional] * 2
    #25473464 - 09/19/18 06:46 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Shroomery is really going through some growing pains with the whole SJW thing.

OfflineIntentional
Sentient Something
I'm a teapot

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: akira_akuma]
    #25473600 - 09/19/18 07:37 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

It seems to have changed quite a bit since my departure around eight years ago, then again so has the whole social paradigm. I was just in more hopes, however, that people willing to trip and also let go of their egos would also be more willing to drop their preconceptions and accept all axioms as potentials in debates. There was a quote I read once that I fail to remember, something along the lines of: "Never give a proposition to an Englishman and claim that it is true at the same time, as you would be presuming he wouldn't consider both sides of the argument." However a lot more eloquently put.

Maybe these are necessary growing pains.

--------------------

Edited by Intentional (09/19/18 07:40 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25473679 - 09/19/18 08:04 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Your assertion about description meaning racist is false. I was being descriptive in the context of discussion on Steiner's racism. I would never volunteer the descriptor out of context. That would be like referring to my former spouse 'my blonde ex-wife,' or to 'my blue-eyed former girlfriend.' We're a 'zebra-couple' and we often are amused in stores for example when we're in line at the register and we're automatically treated like two unrelated strangers. For years we have observed how we are regarded by different ethnicities we pass on the street, some positive, some decidedly negative. We've been handed theater tickets by total strangers just because those people were also a 'zebra couple' and they chose us random strangers because they felt a connection.

Get a clue, there is only ONE "race" on planet Earth - Human! Homo sapiens. Skin color, epicanthic eye folds, broad noses, variations in lips, hair color and texture, etc. are adaptations to environments. Barrel-chested people develop in high mountainous regions like the Andes because greater lung capacity is needed in thinner air, Nordic peoples' white-blonde hair might serve as fiber-optics to conduct sparse sunlight to the scalp for enhanced Vitamin D production in the skin, meanwhile skin high in melanin protects against UV-caused skin cancers. Africans don't genetically make better sprinters any more than Europeans genetically make better swimmers.

When populations groups are isolated in extremely different environments for thousands of years, we all know that these groups develop all sorts of different traits to survive in that environment.

Do some of those traits potentially make them "better" at certain tasks in certain environments?  Yes.  Does that make them genetically superior? No.

Are all of those biological differences on the surface appearance? No.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: qman]
    #25474261 - 09/20/18 01:53 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Biological differences are essentially surface structures as far as I am concerned although as we all know there are genetic diseases that have developed within specific gene pools. Sickle Cell disease developing among Africans had a purpose in protecting against malaria, but the resultant blockages from sickle-shaped hemocytes is a painful and dangerous condition. This is not my area, and I'm hard-pressed to think of another genetic illness that may have had some preventative function. :shrug: Stereotypes about different cultural groups still prevail, blaming and vilifying go back to the beginning of human warfare. In the 80s, AIDS was called a "Haitian disease" in Florida and even then I was reminded of the French and the Italians blaming syphillis on each other as the 'French pox' or 'Italian pox.' When I was a kid it was still close enough to the end of WW II that Rubella was called "German measles." I'm confident that Africans do not have a gene for running any more than Norwegians have a gene for skiing.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineIntentional
Sentient Something
I'm a teapot

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25474629 - 09/20/18 07:28 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Then do explain why, on average, the best runners are African, the best swimmers are Caucasian and the best mathematicians are East Asian. It is obviously not coincidence. If I were, as a Caucasian, to choose an Asian wife my child would be statistically more likely to have a higher IQ. Why?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25474712 - 09/20/18 08:17 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Biological differences are essentially surface structures as far as I am concerned although as we all know there are genetic diseases that have developed within specific gene pools. Sickle Cell disease developing among Africans had a purpose in protecting against malaria, but the resultant blockages from sickle-shaped hemocytes is a painful and dangerous condition. This is not my area, and I'm hard-pressed to think of another genetic illness that may have had some preventative function. :shrug: Stereotypes about different cultural groups still prevail, blaming and vilifying go back to the beginning of human warfare. In the 80s, AIDS was called a "Haitian disease" in Florida and even then I was reminded of the French and the Italians blaming syphillis on each other as the 'French pox' or 'Italian pox.' When I was a kid it was still close enough to the end of WW II that Rubella was called "German measles." I'm confident that Africans do not have a gene for running any more than Norwegians have a gene for skiing.

"Biological differences are essentially surface structures as far as I am concerned"

Well, that's a very closed minded approached to the way biological evolution functions.

"Africans do not have a gene for running any more than Norwegians have a gene for skiing"

I really hope you're being sarcastic with your argument here because otherwise this statement is completely disingenuous in nature. Which is it?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: qman]
    #25474733 - 09/20/18 08:26 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

this is turning into an arm wrestling match with a slippery grasp of the table.

breeding varieties of creature works to enhance features (consider the canine species and the hundreds of variations which have been bred), but it does not mean what racists take it to mean; theirs is an atavistic xenophobia, not a fear of runners and mathematicians, which hardly pans out more than incrementally.

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #25474841 - 09/20/18 09:29 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Newbie, you have jumped to absurd conclusions about further evolutionary trends, and you have selected a very brief (and quite probably final) interaction to sum up my "philosophy." :lol:
I've been on these forums for 19 years, and you just arrived. You think you know my philosophy?  :rolleyes: "Shift reality with your ideal expectations alone?" :rofl2: Seriously dude? This is what you take away from OUR interaction? It is much more likely that you have projected some objectionable views of your own onto me, with whom you have no significant interaction, and are then responding to your own issues AS IF they are mine! This is called Projective Identification. I do not own any of your projects, so back the fuck off. You demonstrate an oppositional attitude here which I am not in the least bit interested in engaging. You would do well to inquire of individuals before you assume, re: social construction of reality. You know what happens when you assume don't you? You make an ass out of you and me. :rofl:
I like Berger's & Luckmann's book, The Social Construction of Reality for its insights, but I most definitely do not reduce human phenomena to a single aspect on a single axis of reality. Speaking of axes, I would direct you to a useful heuristic device - Ken Wilbur's AQAL (All Quadrants All Levels). Now go away. :bye:

Who cares if he's new?

I recall that you have bad habits of calling people racist. And then you get offended when someone criticizes your philosophy?

Laughable and weak.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: XUL]
    #25474957 - 09/20/18 10:30 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

people are acting out their racist abilities much much more since trump is in power, and many are playing with the idea as if it has sex-appeal or some kind of intellectual cunning.
This has many of us dealing with the very big issues of just how far this regime's methods have already worked to divide the masses, and steal them blind while they are fighting each other like activated enzymes in detergent.

XUL, I think you are flirting with issues as if racism were a cute flaw; it is not cute.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: redgreenvines] * 2
    #25475005 - 09/20/18 10:47 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
people are acting out their racist abilities much much more since trump is in power, and many are playing with the idea as if it has sex-appeal or some kind of intellectual cunning.
This has many of us dealing with the very big issues of just how far this regime's methods have already worked to divide the masses, and steal them blind while they are fighting each other like activated enzymes in detergent.

XUL, I think you are flirting with issues as if racism were a cute flaw; it is not cute.

Really, Obama inviting a group like BLM's to the White House every few months didn't have people acting out?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/10/fbi-cites-black-extremists-as-new-domestic-terrorist-threat.html

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Occult, racist - Waldorf schools [Re: redgreenvines] * 3
    #25475068 - 09/20/18 11:19 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

This administration is just fine.

I actually don't recall ever calling people racists on here -- although I do believe identity politics are racist.

I recall you and many others accusing people of being racist. You always find a way to slip in the word racism.

As for you, there are no flirtations. You bluntly smear people's lives by calling them racist with no evidence.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (09/20/18 11:34 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale