Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Air Stone, Aquarium Heater, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Heat mat
    #25459800 - 09/14/18 03:09 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Any one have 1st hand experience with one? Looking i see a few different brands. I'm thinking about buying one to put in my empty 200 gallon fish tank that I use in the winter as a sort of seedling tank/cloning tank. Maybe getting a 20"x60" or 2 or 3 smaller ones.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
Re: Heat mat [Re: pinedownpioneer]
    #25460298 - 09/14/18 07:05 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I've used the hydrofarm ones. If I remember correctly, an online retailer with the name of the largest river in South America has the best prices. I paired them with a soil thermometer with a probe, I believe also made by hydrofarm. You can set it to come on at any temp. I used them while growing in my basement during winter to keep the soil temp good and also in spring for seedlings.

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Heat mat [Re: El Torcho]
    #25462047 - 09/15/18 01:36 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I have both of those mats that are mentioned above. They are practically the same thing and work well. I also do something different too when I root kratom, and it might work better for you since you’re using a large aquarium. I’ll try to explain. I put about 3 inches of water in a large plastic bin. I use a submersible aquarium heater and an air pump with air stone in the water. Place a plastic grid (available at Lowe’s or Home Depot) on a few jars so that it is suspended  a few inches above the heated and oxygenated water. Place you plants on that grid, and put a cover on your aquarium. You’ll see condensation inside on all surfaces. You’ll have rampant fungus and mold if you don’t provide fresh air via air pump and air stone. This system provides an automated and continuous supply of fresh humidifier air to your otherwise enclosed plants. You can leave town for weeks on end and your plants will be fine. You’ll need to change out the water every 3 weeks or so. Here is a photo of the grid, it is sold in sections 2 feet by 4 feet. Cut it to fit.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Air Stone, Aquarium Heater, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden