Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
STOPPING THE SPREAD OF DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION
    #25457971 - 09/13/18 07:36 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Moderator X  said:

Its when people have real world health issues such as depression, suicide, or cancer, and the madcap advice they get is to tell people to NOT go to doctors and to go to church.  Some people actually do believe that salt rocks and yoga will heal their cancer and IMO, with the whole idea behind the shroomery being to 'stop the spread of misinformation' I feel like we should push back a little harder to prevent possible harm.  I'm highly concerned when we have people coming in who are on severe psychological drugs for things like schizophrenia that he will convince an already "crazy" person with a high tendency to stop taking meds without anyone's encouragement, to fully do so.

Moderator X touches the core of the issue here.

We are not just about stopping the spread of misinformation (anti Fake News 20 years before it was cool!) but we are about stopping the spread of DANGEROUS misinformation.

We are a HARM REDUCTION website.

Listen up, if I in a MXE binge have a conversation with the common cold, or, I dunno, bless a cup of coffee, all that is cool beans, the ones of us not afraid to let go do these kinds of things when we trip, or meditate, or dream out loud, or both.

I am however, no matter how highly intoxicated I am, fully aware of the absurdity of what I do and I don't engage in dangerous activities or moreover, put pressure on people to engage in dangerous activities.

Its COMPLETELY irresponsible and CANNOT be condoned that people who are suicidal are advised to Just Do It, or that angsty teens with eating disorders get guilt tripped, abuse victims ridiculed or people with mental illnesses encouraged to stop visiting their doctor or stop taking the medications that keep them from being hospitalized or from committing dastardly deeds.

There are lots of people who are not particularly wired to tell right from wrong such as with morally impaired personality structores, or even in cxase of psychosis, to be able to tell shit from shinola.

Social media are increasingly falling pray to what I refer to aa the "baking soda mafia", which is people and memes that push utter nonsense like that an apple cider vinegar and baking soda enema will cure 99% of all cancer.

A great problem of this time is that any fool can convince hordes of people into believing the greatest possible BS.

Many people ;like myself are going on a journey of exploring an alternate reality narrative, but are doing so with a solid foundation of having understood consensus reality initimately, and who consciously stray off the path, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY AWARE that they are entertaining to an alternate narrative -- and not accepting it as gospel truth but as a line of thought they entertain alongside their understanding of consensus reality.

Its OK to teach yourself to speak in tongues, but you gotta remember that our ability to make it in society is vested in your ability to remain intelligable in the common language, not the gobbledygook.

We cannot have people incite others who are vulnerable, or judgement impaired, to take great chances like commit suicide, get off meds or quit treatments against medical advice, suggest people in jest that they shoot up their campus or all that other wankery like spooking people who are going through bad trips or egging them on to "double the dose" when on one they cant handle in the first place.

Not just is it possibly illegal, its immoral, unethical, and it makes the Shroomery less dependable as a crutch to rely on for our members when they are vulnerable and in need.

The old world order is crumbling. People are looking for a new narrative
because the old narrative is either flat out lying to them or ill prepares them for a future where the crazy train of society acellerates beyond bullet train velosities to either a complete trainwreck or a miracle of science and technology.

We got to be there for each other.

We got to cover each others backs.

We are our brother's keeper AND should encourage them towards independence and selfreliance.

We got to STOP the dangerous misinformation when it occurs on our site.

If p[eople are on the verge of taking OD's or taking potentialy dangerous choices, MAKE THEM ER ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION.

Don't tell them to throw away their Seroquel and give Jesus a try because you don't know the person you recommend it to, or the exact ins and outs of their condition. They may be on the berge of hospitalisation, of suicide or molesting the neighbor's kid. We dont KNOW the problem people have and the extent to which they can get help.

In this time of increasing Fake News, let us try keep us other stay safe and sane and ,make decisions with their best interest and th4e greater good in mind.

The Shroomery has a fairly sizable cemetary of members we lost, and a far larger group of memers whos lives we saved, blatantly directly or indirectly, by heling them get help or make thye best of the situation beyond their own capacity.

We will absolutely ban your ass forever if you deliberately monkeywrench situations to bring them to harm, or if your narrative generates more harm than good by a decisive margin in those aroumnd you.

Some people need Jesus, some people need Haldol, but you are not their priest nor their psychiatrist.

Help each other, get actively involved when it goes wrong and TELL THE STAFF.

In an increasingly unhinged society and internet, where the old narrative is falling apart so that a new paradigm may get us all over the great divide between today and whjat tomorrow may bring, share the burden of helping each other safely across.

Be the change you want to see.

If it all goes to shit, mushrooms willl sprout from that shit and the ecosystem will recover from there.

Let the Shroomery be a bastion of goode sense and comraderie, in a time where brother turns against brother and unity in the understanding of the very fabric of reality is coming apart for many, in search for a new paradigm that is so direly needed on so many levels of society.

The kids today are going into debt to learn things that ain't worth dick in a few decades. Old people are no longer secure of their retirement and in between, confusion reigns.

Let our unity, our cohesion as a community, be our strenght.

Be good to one another, keep it safe, keep it on the rails and help one another.

Friends -- WE NEED BOTH HANDS TO RIDE THIS CRAZY TRAIN.

We need the Left AND the Right hand on the wheel. Democrats, Republicans and everything inbetween and outside of it. We need all hands on deck. We need to take care of ourselves, our immediate needs, and those of those around us, for the times ahead.

Those of us who will make it, will make it together not despite their differences, but by combining our differences as an unified strength of many specializations. We're all good at something, let's do that something together, for all of us.

Shrooms are about sharing the abundance and helping each other through bad trips.

Friends, lets get high, and lets get sober.

There ois work to do for us in both worlds.

STOP THE SPREAD OF DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION and that includes antagonisic and deliberately misleading or unhinging behaviors.

I love you all :heart:

Asante (one of the admins)

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBastet0
Error!!! Role not found.

Loc: Pluto
Re: STOPPING THE SPREAD OF DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION [Re: Asante]
    #25458758 - 09/14/18 02:35 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I have seen the dangerous of misinformation first hand. Glad you made the post.

It is indeed sad to see where the world are going now.

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: STOPPING THE SPREAD OF DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION [Re: Bastet0]
    #25458846 - 09/14/18 04:37 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

The whole Internet is going mad as people try to find a new narrative for understanding the world.

Advances are so rapidly that there is no terra firma, no solid ground to stand firm on, as we rush towards the Technological Singularity at an ever increasing rate.

We got to realize that our gobbledygook is in fact gobbledygook, even the stuff we learned in our education, and that a paradigm shift might be coming that changes everything, and many people involuntarily are going anchors aweigh conceptually in preparation for that paradigm shift.

It includes a lot of nonsense being spouted (such as this post :yesnod:) and preparing ourselves and each other, for whatever change will come.

Let us as a community aspire to be a group of online free-thinking buddies accessible 24/7 from all over the world (we even get occasional hits from North Korea :laugh: ) to face the tempest together from a perspective others don't quite get, that of psychedelic/entheogenic people and the experiences and outlooks we have.

We live in "interesting times"

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

OfflineOne Eye mike
Old Man

Re: STOPPING THE SPREAD OF DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION [Re: Asante]
    #25458953 - 09/14/18 06:37 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

After seeing some posts in some of the "unique" forums I had some doubts about this site.  I decided to focus on the great information available and stay away from the post that are questionable.  Glad to see that the administrator's take this Hpoo seriously. If you don't police yourself in what you do or say the people who can, will take care of it. Applies here and in the real world.  Thank You Admin's!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
205 topic views. 3 members, 17 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 13 queries.