Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTripsahoy420
Panentheist
Male

Loc: Trapped between one moment and...
Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights * 1
    #25454563 - 09/12/18 10:35 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights
BY MCKENZIE STAUFFER, TIFFANY JUSTICE WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH 2018

(KUTV) -- A man is in custody and a woman is in the hospital after a drug bust Wednesday morning, according to Lt. Dan Bartlett with Cottonwood Heights Police.

Around midnight, police were called out to a burglary in progress near 1300 E. and Waterside Cove.

Two suspects were found at the apartment complex neighbors believed was being burglarized.

When police tried to make contact with the pair, the man and woman started ditching drugs.

Police were informed that the pair had been evicted from their apartment and were trying to move out.

After obtaining a search warrant for the vehicle, police who searched the suspect's vehicle told Bartlett that their eyes, nose and throats started to burn. They also started to get headaches.

Police believed this was a meth lab.

Unified Fire Authority and the Hazmat team were called out the scene.

It was later concluded that the couple was running a DMT lab.

DMT is like LSD, it is a psychedelic drug.

"It's illegal for them to produce," Bartlett told 2News.

Police confiscated three large bags of DMT.

The man is in custody. The woman is six months pregnant and she is being treated at the hospital.

https://kjzz.com/news/local/police-discover-dmt-drug-lab-after-neighbors-report-a-burglary-in-cottonwood-heights

And another one on it

Officers sickened by drug lab materials while responding to burglary call in Cottonwood Heights
POSTED 6:35 AM, SEPTEMBER 12, 2018, BY MARK GREEN, UPDATED AT 10:04AM, SEPTEMBER 12, 2018

COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah -- Two officers were sickened Wednesday when a call about a burglary led to a bust at a suspected drug lab in Cottonwood Heights Wednesday morning.

Sgt. Dan Bartlett of the Cottonwood Heights Police Department said things began with a call about a burglary near 1200 East Waterside Cove, and when officers arrived they found the suspects in the parking lot.

Fox 13 News first heard report of the incident just before 5:30 a.m.

Bartlett said those suspects began "ditching drugs" before fleeing, but officers caught up with them and located their vehicle.  Bartlett said they deployed a K-9 and the dog indicated the presence of drugs in the vehicle.

Police secured a search warrant and began going through the contents of the suspect vehicle, which is when Bartlett said the two officers began to experience symptoms consistent with exposure to drug lab materials.

"Once they got in the vehicle, the officers started suffering like burning nose, burning throat," he said. "They were getting headaches, they found a bunch of glassware: and that's when the alarms went off for them. They thought that they had a meth lab."

The officers pulled back and called a hazardous materials team from Unified Fire Authority. Those units responded to secure the materials, and Bartlett said they suspect the home that was involved in the initial burglary report is the site of a DMT lab.

Bartlett said DMT is a psychedelic and a Schedule 1 controlled substance.

"So it's illegal for them to produce and to have," he said. "Very dangerous. It doesn't have the explosive components of a meth lab, but still very dangerous chemicals and obviously the officers got sick from it, so we just took every precaution."
Police took two people into custody at the scene. Bartlett said a man with a prior history of charges related to drug labs will be booked into jail. Police identified the man as 37-year-old Daniel Orton.

Bartlett said the other person is a woman who is 6-months pregnant and they "needed to get her some help." The woman was taken to a local hospital.

Police say they ultimately determined the pair had previously lived in an apartment at the complex but had recently been evicted. The burglary was reported when neighbors saw the pair allegedly trying to force entry into that unit to retrieve belongings.

Fox 13 News will update this story as more details emerge.

https://fox13now.com/2018/09/12/officers-sickened-by-drug-lab-materials-while-responding-to-burglary-in-cottonwood-heights/

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: Tripsahoy420]
    #25454569 - 09/12/18 10:41 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Was worried at the thought someone broke in and a lab was in the house.  That would be double victimization.

I had a friend a long tine ago, some ass broke into his house.  Cops found pipes in the house, responding to the alarm.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineTripsahoy420
Panentheist
Male

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25454587 - 09/12/18 10:47 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I had something similar happen to a friend one time. Someone broke into his house, got busted and when asked where he got all the drugs, sent em right to my buddy, the victim's house. He saw some jail time for that.

:badmanthisfeels:

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: Tripsahoy420]
    #25454605 - 09/12/18 10:53 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The victim or robber saw jail?

Posession is 9/10ths of the law so b&e as well as posession is quite heavy.

Moral is drugs and social life get very complicated

--------------------

OfflineTripsahoy420
Panentheist
Male

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25454676 - 09/12/18 11:22 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The victim saw jail.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25454711 - 09/12/18 11:37 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

That sucks.  Wonder how they made that case based on testimony of the one known to be in possession.

I'm guessing the victim confirmed the police's intel that the drugs originated from his house.

Cops are always trying to climb the criminal network ladder.  Which the network is fiction and it gets a lot of people.  Most drugs come from the Earth.

Once again, social life and drugs get complicated.  I suppose it's due to attachment.  People think they need to maintain a network for specific drugs, which has almost always been unstable, unreliable, inconsistent and built on vagueness.

--------------------

OfflineTripsahoy420
Panentheist
Male

#25454760 - 09/12/18 11:57 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I'm not sure how they got the warrant based on the testimony of the burglar, but they found more than enough still around my buddies place to justify charges. :shrug:

--------------------

Edited by Tripsahoy420 (09/13/18 08:15 AM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #25454764 - 09/12/18 11:58 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

one time about 7 years ago my buddy overdosed in my car, so i took him to the police station because it was like 2 minutes away from where i was at the moment. I got there and ended up getting arrested because the friend had dropped a little bag of dope at his feet so they charged me since it was my car.

i learned a valuable lesson. Just dump your buddy on the side of the road if he ever needs medical attention.

funny thing is, my charges, along with 2 other arrests got wiped clean last year because it was discovered that the chemist lady who tests the drugs was crooked as hell. Im one of hundreds of people who got their drug record basically  wiped clean due to this woman mishandling things on her end.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25454813 - 09/12/18 12:25 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Usually they charge who's closest to the dropped drugs.  Though if nobody coughs up to the possession, everyone can get a charge.  I feel it is up to how the cops feels, department trends and the like.

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
    #25454823 - 09/12/18 12:31 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I had the cops knock my door once while I was growing heavily, whole house full of ... things .. and accessories... and then accessory to the accessory

Jars and Jars and Monotubs and monotubs

They were literally packed in my entrance

And I had red hazey eyes, from too much weed smoking when I opened door. 2 policemen standing there wanting in.

I also had smoke in the room, all over. Wasn't expecting them.

They didn't quite believe my story, when I said no, looked over my shoulder.

It is like they got a nose for things.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: lessismore]
    #25454834 - 09/12/18 12:36 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Gee all the weed smoke you think they smelled it?

Yes they are suspicious bastards and so are some of us.

Most of the time they are clueless unless you are clueless.  It's obvious when someone looks stoned or smells of weed.  I think sometimes though cops don't want negative interaction either.

They keep this city pretty clean.  Not a lot of shit goes on but there are some junkies that do stupid shit.  I think not a lot of full time stoners around.  Lot's of full time hard drug addicts that might smoke weed on occasion.  Most of the full time stoners are young kids that hide in their apartments.

Our college will make most people strongly dislike liberals.  They might be smart and self aware, but in a way that makes them very very repulsive.  Like their shit don't stink when it reaks everywhere.  Very uncool kids that think they are.

Sometimes I wish this place was cool.

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
    #25454838 - 09/12/18 12:39 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I appreciate the cops, I never had problems with them. But I know in Pennsylvania most cops are incompetent and corrupt - the whole justice system in that state is corrupt. So the cops are also. Or... lazy cop, and animal abuse. Doing nothing. Caught on camera.

Good its not like that all places... animalabuse and lazy judge + lazy cops

Anyway.. there are ALWAYS COPS WHEN I SMOKE WEED, BY THE DOOR
i don't know why

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: lessismore]
    #25454863 - 09/12/18 12:50 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

You think they can smell it?
You think the neighbor reported on me?

Like in witch's times... report on neighbor to the priest, to be burned? .. or who they reported to, not sure

Then they came with fire and throw you on the fire to be burned

They would mark your house, with an X or something

Then come for you later

Invisiblelessismore
    #25454914 - 09/12/18 01:10 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

They also did in Jews time... mark the Jude house with a Big Nose, then they send the crematorium wagons for them... nazi wagons, to burn them alive/or dead.

So marking house not something new

Nazi soldiers would do it too.

Invisiblelessismore
    #25455089 - 09/12/18 02:32 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know with you, but if I were you guys, I woul check for that X on my house..

Out to check

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25455946 - 09/12/18 08:19 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

i learned a valuable lesson. Just dump your buddy on the side of the road if he ever needs medical attention.

Please don't do that. Check with your state to see if they have good samaritan laws.

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

#25456277 - 09/12/18 10:18 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Usually they charge who's closest to the dropped drugs.  Though if nobody coughs up to the possession, everyone can get a charge.  I feel it is up to how the cops feels, department trends and the like.

And then when you take it to trial those charges get dropped since there is no evidence that it belongs to you.

--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 
EVOLUTION REQUIRES REPRODUCTION

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police discover DMT drug lab after neighbors report a burglary in Cottonwood Heights [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #25456916 - 09/13/18 08:42 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Knowingly being around drugs is a crime here.  It's really not our word against theirs.  It's the defenders against the prosecutors.  We are just pawns/prisoners.

I have had a judge give me less time than the sentence. Twice,  make your case.  They really don't like defiance or disgarmony and drugs are seen as both if those.  If you can convey something more they may take it easier.

But the law is the law and if guilty which is normal, they do respond.

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
    #25456994 - 09/13/18 09:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Once you accept you your name in Court, you have already lost.

Then the rest is just paperwork.

Are you not Mr. Anderson from Wallstreet no 3 4th left?
Good then. Next client.

I mean, the judge has a work to do. He can not deny his work. He would get fired.
The system rolls.
If judge choses to pardon you, he gets fired.

Law is only as just as the makers of it.

Invisiblelessismore
    #25457032 - 09/13/18 09:35 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Did you know you can get life in prison for exposing the Law/state ? , it is called Treachery

And they can export/import you to from the USA

They just call you a state betrayer

If you know too much

Then they can even give you death sentence, and import you

There is nothing restricting the importing and exporting of political prisoners (aka people who know too much).

The psychedelics users should really watch out here, for they are looking for you.
The law is already in place.
Just need to find these 'lawless' they written into the law.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck