Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSabinaWasASaint
Stranger
 User Gallery

Teonanácatl and Religious Freedom * 1
    #25454721 - 09/12/18 01:39 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hello everyone!

I previously posted in the Politics discussion forum on this subject, but I wanted to receive input from the people in this chatroom as well :smile:

I recently wrote a 42-page legal brief arguing for the protection of entheogenic compounds (psilocybe mushrooms, hoasca, peyote, etc) under the RFRA. I'm currently working on an updated draft. I would greatly appreciate any and all input/critique/criticisms by those who would be interested in reading the document. It would take approximately one hour from start to finish, but it's an excellent read.

Cheers!

https://www.scribd.com/document/387928460/On-Teonanacatl-and-Religious-Freedom

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHuskies
Boop more Snoots
I'm a teapot

Re: Teonanácatl and Religious Freedom [Re: SabinaWasASaint]
    #25454796 - 09/12/18 02:15 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
I call them huskies because you yell "MUSH MUSH" to sled dogs so that they go faster.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Teonanácatl and Religious Freedom [Re: Huskies]
    #25454809 - 09/12/18 02:23 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

The problem is fighting, dealing with, integrating established religion. Most science and philosophy knows that religion is cultural reference to mental phenomena.

Creating a science of religion is going to be a huge huge plus for humanity, and likely everything else we encounter in existence.  I suspect strongly it won't be easy and looking back through history, it's been very very harsh.

I don't think the average person has had much taste of transcendence  and their philosophy is richer in words while being very poor at describing.  Covert egoist in utilitarian insanity.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineSabinaWasASaint
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Teonanácatl and Religious Freedom [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25454962 - 09/12/18 03:23 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
The problem is fighting, dealing with, integrating established religion. Most science and philosophy knows that religion is cultural reference to mental phenomena.

Creating a science of religion is going to be a huge huge plus for humanity, and likely everything else we encounter in existence.  I suspect strongly it won't be easy and looking back through history, it's been very very harsh.

I don't think the average person has had much taste of transcendence  and their philosophy is richer in words while being very poor at describing.  Covert egoist in utilitarian insanity.

Very true

InvisibleGrey Fox

#25457004 - 09/13/18 11:21 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I wish you all the best with this Sabina. I think one of the challenges is that U.S. law generally tends to recognize the rights of established religious organizations as opposed to the rights of an individual person seeking to go their own way. And the current drug laws make it so challenging for a new religious organization that utilizes entheogens to become established in the first place. But I wish you great success. Please keep us informed of how things go moving forward.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineSabinaWasASaint
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Teonanácatl and Religious Freedom [Re: Grey Fox]
    #25464440 - 09/16/18 02:34 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hello everyone!

Just updated the document. More legal and scientific sources, less typos, and streamlined for easy reading.

https://www.scribd.com/document/388728781/On-Teonanacatl-and-Religious-Freedoms

Let me know what you all think! :smile:

OfflineSabinaWasASaint
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25539415 - 10/15/18 03:26 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hello everyone,

Much to tell. I've seen several lawyers seemed genuinely interested in my cause; they're currently reading my thesis with a fine-tooth comb and assessing their options.

Meanwhile, I've been in contact with Dr. Martin Ball of the Entheogenic Evolution podcast along with Robert Jesse of Johns Hopkins and Counsel of Spiritual Practices.

Dr. Ball has written a brief letter supporting my practices and appeal to a higher court. Just today, he uploaded a podcast mentioning my cause and provided my links to my GoFundMe page.

Podcast can be found here:  https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/entheogenic/episodes/2018-10-15T09_55_02-07_00

It's certainly re-assuring to see my cause gaining some traction. Thanks to all those who have reached out to offer support or kind words. I'll be back soon with another update.

Thesis :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dhl4GU3xoakJowiANj7IZ0h7fD3KmZNy
GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/psychedelics-and-religious-freedom

OfflineSabinaWasASaint
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25545290 - 10/17/18 07:38 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Just got contacted by Ismail Ali JD, one of the legal advisers for MAPS :smile: I'll be conferencing with him next week!

Good to see that the ball is rolling. Thanks to everyone who has offered support!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism