Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Dean Radin's research * 3
    #25449088 - 09/10/18 05:37 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Scientific studies on the effect of consciousness on matter. Dean Radin's name has come up before on these forums but hasn't had a mention in years. He deserves a lot more attention and those looking for out there weird mysterious sh*t might find this interesting.

This video is fairly recent and really good:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: Warrk]
    #25449159 - 09/10/18 06:31 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

is there a description or transcript... I don't want to look at a video to make a response. what do you like about it in particular?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: redgreenvines] * 3
    #25449223 - 09/10/18 07:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

No transcript as far as I know.

What I like about Radin's work is that he challenges the scientific paradigms that we have all grown up with. And he does it with heavy duty methodology that is hard to fault, with results that are statistically world best practice.

The implications of his research is that you can swing the outcome of, say, a sporting competition merely by cheering and rooting for your team. Your consciousness can interact with matter to create outcomes that are better than by chance alone.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25449235 - 09/10/18 07:24 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe we can do that with elections (after we vote of course).

--------------------

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #25449252 - 09/10/18 07:36 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The effect is very very small but it is definitely there. One person may not be able to swing things by much but 100 million will have a much larger effect.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: Warrk] * 1
    #25453309 - 09/11/18 08:09 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Thats really cool research.

Imagine what else consciousness can do :popcorn:

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25453339 - 09/11/18 08:17 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

This is the reason why I have said that consciousness might play a role in UFO sightings and alien abductions. There's individual personal consciousness that you and I have, then there's big c Consciousness that is a system that governs the whole Universe.

Did you watch the whole Dean Radin video LC?

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25453352 - 09/11/18 08:21 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Totally agree.

I have a working theory that UFOs are equipment that can detect consciousness and maybe read it. Long distance mind-reading? Seems like sightings happen to people who already sorta believe in UFOs. At least sort of.

I havent watched the video. But your comments u made are really intriguing.

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25453396 - 09/11/18 08:33 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Watch it dude, once you start you might not want to stop. It might be the best thing you have watched on YouTube in the past year. Weirder than UFOs that's for sure.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25454166 - 09/12/18 06:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

have you skipped the wikipedia entry on Dean Rabin
Quote:

The review of Radin's first book, The Conscious Universe, that appeared in Nature charged that Radin ignored the known hoaxes in the field, made statistical errors and ignored plausible non-paranormal explanations for parapsychological data

Nature is a highly respected periodical which reminds us to value the stories we hear that are fair and open minded over stories that are only self-consistent or self-aggrandizing.

Rather than allowing his story to be debunked, Rabin ignores reason in favor of internal consistency.

This is a Flat Earth approach.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25454246 - 09/12/18 07:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Watched the whole video. Very interesting.

The result with participants from across the globe using the internet was really interesting.

Have you ever read The Source Field Investigations by David Wilcock?

Also, do you believe that the psychic phenomenon is real?

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25454338 - 09/12/18 08:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Nature is a top journal, our lab got published many times in it redgreenvibes. There are critics of course of Radin, his research is so out there and upends the very foundations of the scientific endeavour that it is very difficult to accept for those (the vast majority of us) still holding onto the materialist worldview.

LC, the psychic phenonmenon happens just as the UFO phenomenon happens. In Radin's case, it is demonstrated with impeccable statistical analysis and all known possible explanations and errors eliminated or accounted for... there could of course be other explanations not yet considered.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25454503 - 09/12/18 09:58 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

has to be other considerations since he is fraudulent in his approach

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25454601 - 09/12/18 10:53 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

How is he "fradulant in his approach"?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25454706 - 09/12/18 11:33 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Fraudulent would be the abuse of statistics for numerical indications that are not visible in replicated test data.

I think I linked earlier to wikipedia which is usually balanced in it's story, but here are other considerations:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dean_Radin
http://skepdic.com/essays/radin.html

if you need more, https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=WEyZW5T4KMTajwSv_rCABQ&q=false+claims+of+Dean+Radin&oq=false+claims+of+Dean+Radin&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2465.9948.0.11101.27.24.0.2.2.0.216.2654.2j18j1.21.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..4.20.2276.0..0j0i131k1j0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1j33i21k1.0.vPFF5vgT7qM

--------------------

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: redgreenvines] * 2
    #25455783 - 09/12/18 07:17 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

He is a handy target for skeptics but I feel he is genuine and rigorous in his research. If in doubt, try replicate his work - that would be the obvious thing to do. It is easy to be an armchair critic but difficult to get in deep and be hands-on.

Radin is winning recognition and awards as he continues to improve on his statistical analysis and eliminate errors. It will be a while yet before the scientific establishment accepts this sort of groundbreaking, paradigm-shifting worldview just as it had a difficult time accepting the world was not flat.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #25456540 - 09/13/18 03:41 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like the premise of Chaos Magic.

Peter J. Carroll covers this in a less than academic account in his books, "The Octavo" and "Apophenia".

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25456711 - 09/13/18 06:58 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Try not to mix up initiatives.
With Science there is no us and them.

To be one of the scientists you don't pretend you did everything right when you did not clearly cite references without altering what the references mean, and then after screwing up royally you should not declare they wont accept your work because you are unusual, scientists have rejected his work because it is bad science.

Non-reproduceable results when attempted in laboratory conditions in any case.

Of course if you want to repeat nonsense Ucky mucky dicky ducky ucky mucki mi.

--------------------

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

#25456755 - 09/13/18 07:24 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

It is good you have looked into this more redgreenvines. I guess I was too willing to take Radin's work at face value although I know there were some issues previously with analysis.

However, I would hardly call errors in statistical analysis "fradulent" as you have. Fraud is a serious thing, is criminal and would be something that would be referred to the police. Errors in methodology are something else and quite common in science.

In Radin's line of work, fraud would seem illogical. There are no pharmaceutical products to push, commercial interests to pursue or powerful funding sources to please - parapsychology is fringe enough as it is without jeopardising it further with poor science and the potential to ruin one's reputation forever... how stupid would that be?

And even if Radin made errors, his main premise remains intriguingly enticing and solid and hopefully there will be additional studies along these lines by independent labs that use the very latest and best methods and analyses.

Shalom brother.

Offlineakira_akuma

#25457378 - 09/13/18 12:09 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

relying on a experimental science to give answers, when you can just induce your own tests, and your own results, is a waste.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25457388 - 09/13/18 12:12 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

the fraud is Radin himself, he is promoting himself and his books.

he is harming the public at large,
we do not have a law that engages this type of false representation, although with the current uproar on social media, we may end up with a more thorough media related legal remedy for willfully promulgating false information.

basically bunk busting.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25457562 - 09/13/18 01:41 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Past research has showed that consciousness can affect light, as Radin pointed out.

This study reminds me of another study where they looked into the psychic phenomonon. They found a slightly higher than chance result.

A small result but more evidence that consciousness can travel thru space and time.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #25457749 - 09/13/18 03:29 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

consciousness is convolved within all structures of reality.

you can control your consciousness, that's all this Radin stuff means. control your consciousness, control reality.

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: akira_akuma] * 4
    #25457969 - 09/13/18 05:36 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Consciousness is all there is, in some accounts the base reality.

In our current model of physical reality, the Standard Model of particle physics, there are still some issues that cannot be reconciled. For example, gravity cannot be derived for in quantum mechanics.

There is a model for physical reality that gets around this and other conundrums. It is a model that explains every type of physical phenomenon and is logically consistent. Some physicists are convinced as to the veracity of this model but it is a difficult thing to confirm with experimental data... so much of physics is theoretical unfortunately.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25459065 - 09/14/18 06:10 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Past research has showed that consciousness can affect light, as Radin pointed out.

This study reminds me ....

Which "past research". References please - the lack of references amidst claims is what makes Radin a reviled charlatan.

he is pretending to build on science (scientists always do that) but he is not securing his footings (giving references) because HE MADE THEM UP or is using previously discredited stories.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#25459353 - 09/14/18 09:03 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

he should secure his footing- but the inconceivable reality is, that everything is intrinsically connected.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #25459489 - 09/14/18 10:06 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

yes, connected in myriads of ways, I keep watching, and often notice exquisite spontaneous choreography, suggestive of music. maybe an ocean of music and everything dancing to that.

this is my experience, but it is not a scientific explanation, or anything near an explicit declaration of ESP etc.

I was lying in the bath thinking about what I would wear today, and I was thinking of the fabric and cut of my pants - then my wife knocked and came into the washroom wearing my pants - complaining that they looked too large on her but on me they look right. There was no prior discussion about this, but at one moment yesterday she mentioned that the pants looked good.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#25459665 - 09/14/18 11:45 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

exquisite spontaneous choreography, suggestive of music. maybe an ocean of music and everything dancing to that.

didn't i say that recently? oh wait, i did. to ascend "the Art & Science (Music) Precipitable" -- ie, to understand Music

Quote:

this is my experience, but it is not a scientific explanation, or anything near an explicit declaration of ESP etc.

I was lying in the bath thinking about what I would wear today, and I was thinking of the fabric and cut of my pants - then my wife knocked and came into the washroom wearing my pants - complaining that they looked too large on her but on me they look right. There was no prior discussion about this, but at one moment yesterday she mentioned that the pants looked good.

it's called monkey see, monkey do.

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

Re: Dean Radin's research [Re: akira_akuma]
    #25461116 - 09/14/18 10:26 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The world is stranger than we can know.

Look into the Quantum Zeno Effect. A lot of things in the quantum world defy easy explanation.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25461245 - 09/15/18 12:40 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The references he provided are in the video, about half way thru i would guess?

Im gunna look into it. Pretty interesting stuff.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25543944 - 10/17/18 08:21 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

while reading "On Intelligence" by Jeff Hawkins - after seeing a NYTimes article (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/14/technology/jeff-hawkins-brain-research.html), I find at least 1/4 through his book that his approach is very similar to mine (I am not sure if he gets the role of interference of fields but he gets the rest which is great!)

Anyway, he is also using the term Model (I find it so irksome) but he is using it as an aggregate of what we have learned.

even if I am not 100% I think the book is basically good and has good references.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies