Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: Fractal420]
    #25447239 - 09/09/18 09:52 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

This isn't the place for me to teach you basic information about heroin addiction. 
You're an adult now, you should know this stuff.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #25447270 - 09/09/18 10:03 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I said "it is safe but addictive", when referring to diacetylmorphine. Is that not true?

I do not mean cuts.

And this is sort of a harm reduction site, or at least under the umbrella. Not that anyone needs to teach me anything about heroin, lol.

What i really mean is if all heroin was heroin, we wouldn't have such an opioid crisis. Like in countries where it is legal.

if people dont even agree on which drugs are bad and how bad, it means drug education has truly failed. Most people dont know shit about psychoactives except street names. And its true, i mean what can we expect from a country raised on DARE? Its not like everyone spends 10 years researching erowid, and that info is based on whatever research is available, which at least is enough to make educated choices

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: Fractal420]
    #25447283 - 09/09/18 10:12 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

we would still have a shitload of heroin addicts, we just wouldn't have all the overdoses and the  collateral damage would be reduced

Invisibletrvptamine
P-Mx$$
Male

Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: morrowasted]
    #25447294 - 09/09/18 10:15 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
we would still have a shitload of heroin addicts, we just wouldn't have all the overdoses and the  collateral damage would be reduced

I think thats still a step in the right direction. We are always going to have heroin addicts... or at least people addicted to some form of powerful opiate.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: trvptamine]
    #25447302 - 09/09/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly. The "crisis" is that people are dying left and right from fentanyl. Not that theyre using painkillers. Thats been the case for a lomg time. Its just that now theres fake vicodin with fent in it. Killed Prince.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblelessismore
    #25447422 - 09/09/18 10:58 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

It may only be pleasant to withdraw bupes if you got plenty weed my man, now try doing withdrawal patches without anything.

7+ days of HELL.

You be sitting on toilet all 7 days?, no sleep

+ goosebumps

Its why they call it coldturkey

But did I also mention no sleep? and fever. You may die if no sleep 3+ days. But it be 3+ days no sleep

Esp if you already got torture pain. I mean withdrawal is easy if you just got bupes for no pain. But many people got them for chronic pain. You speak for those using them to taper out of drugs.

But many get these for strong pain. Imagine that, it be near impossible to quit the bupes.

On top of already withdrawal hell , they got strong pain hell.

You only got one of the problems it seems.
Not saying it is easy to quit it, without having chronic pain, but you get my drift.

Having pain on top, makes it not easier.
I been to hell and return. Several times, my doc kept quitting me the meds, as a chronic pain pt. Oh hell is a known place of mine. They quit me the tramadol weekly, they quit me the morphine, they quit me the bupes, all abruptly without care or patience.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: lessismore]
    #25447657 - 09/09/18 12:44 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

thats rough, all at once? Though it is strange to be prescribed buprenorphine along with morphine. Must have been for pain. Yeah, having real pain and withdrawal on top, im sorry to hear

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblelessismore
    #25447684 - 09/09/18 12:58 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Got them separately, then then withdrawn from all. Ouch. So I been to hell at least 3+ times.

Withdrawal + Strong pain on top when withdrawals stop.

Yet doctor cares not, noone cares there. The system does not care for sure, maybe if you have the right diagnosis they care. I t seems once you have cancer,everyone is nice to you.

But if in greyzone you on your own. It happened to my mom, first morphine the last few weeks near death. Regulations.

I am not always a fan of doctors for this reason, among others. But I can see the reason lawmakers put the rule there, where else should they put it?

I just don't like suffering, nor seeing people suffer - my mom with cancer, getting 100 pills, then finally morphine, as last resort

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: lessismore]
    #25447751 - 09/09/18 01:32 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I heard from quite a few people that bupe was worse than poppy head/seed tea withdrawals. Those withdrawals are hellacious. I can't imagine what "far beyond poppy tea" withdrawal is like.. fuck.. this whole thing is so twisted.

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
    #25447783 - 09/09/18 01:51 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lessismore said:
They say Tramadol is not addictive; yet people say it is harder to quit cold turkey than Heroin.

Who is they? Because it certainly isn't doctors, tramadol has 2 mechanisms from which dependence can form, both its mu opioid and SNRI action, by many accounts it is the SNRI action which makes it a real bitch.

But as I am reading this thread, the one thing I keep asking myself is, are you guys a bunch of communists or what? This is capitalism at its finest, the system is working as intended! I even thought some of you were libertarians, how can you possibly have a problem with this.

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: Adden] * 1
    #25447791 - 09/09/18 01:54 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Adden said:
I heard from quite a few people that bupe was worse than poppy head/seed tea withdrawals. Those withdrawals are hellacious. I can't imagine what "far beyond poppy tea" withdrawal is like.. fuck.. this whole thing is so twisted.

No one said bupe wouldn't cause WDs, that's not what it is for, it's not magic.

And if you use bupe for a short taper the WDs are substantially easier than classical opiates, its when used long term that they become hellacious, but anyone taking bupe was already dependent on opiates so it's a wash, the advantage is once/twice daily dosing, no risk of OD, far cheaper than a habit, and easy to taper because there is no motivation to take your whole script at once because taking larger doses produces no more euphoria.

And honestly, even at its worst, I wouldn't say bupe is any worse than poppy tea WD when used at equivalent dosages, poppy tea WD is in the top 5 with fentanyl, high dose methadone, and oxymorphone IV.

Edited by Coolwhip GA (09/09/18 02:18 PM)

Invisibletrvptamine
P-Mx$$
Male

Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25447799 - 09/09/18 01:59 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

^ This

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
    #25447801 - 09/09/18 01:59 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Oxycodone is synthesized from thebaine also. And many others. Thebaine itself will make you delirious and feels terrible

Chems that are made from it, though, do not bear any resemblance to natural thebaine. If youre ever somehow offered thebaine (super unlikely), say no kids. It is a kappa-opioid-agonist. Not Mu

My friend, by accident, once made tea from pods that were high in thebaine. He thought he was gonna die. Maybe was truly a dangerous thing to do. You wouldnt know, your first time trying the pods. One batch can be better than a morphine bottle, another can have mostly thebaine

Buprenorphine patch? Never heard of those, that is not how its used in opioid addiction meds, its usually sublingual. And it doesnt last for days, its a one-a-day or two a day thing. Optimally once per 24hr

Bupe-patches stay in your blood, body for 5 days or so.

"The terminal half-life ranges from three hours after intravenous administration to 28 to 37 hours after sublingual administration." - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2994593/

Here is one making opioids from Yeast, by gene modification

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/08/powerful-painkillers-can-now-be-made-genetically-modified-yeast-are-illegal-drugs-next

They put plant cells into yeast. Now make opioid in the kitchen.

Invisiblelessismore
    #25447806 - 09/09/18 02:01 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Imagine lsd being made by fermentation... yikes... i would get very very high

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25447811 - 09/09/18 02:03 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Wow get mad holy shit dude.

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: Adden]
    #25447816 - 09/09/18 02:05 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

What are you talking about?

edit: Oh, what'd you see some capital letters and read that as "angry"? Sorry, I thought it would be clear if you read the post and used context that the caps were used as a form of emphasis, not to convey emotion.

There, I changed it to italics for you.

edit ii: Or was that directed at the political statement at the end of my first post? Because that was sarcasm, because I know for a fact that some of the people expressing outrage in this thread are laissez faire types and I wanted to draw attention to their hypocrisy without calling them out publicly and derailing the thread.

Edited by Coolwhip GA (09/09/18 02:42 PM)

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
    #25447824 - 09/09/18 02:10 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lessismore said:

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/08/powerful-painkillers-can-now-be-made-genetically-modified-yeast-are-illegal-drugs-next

LOL, that's one of the funniest things I've seen you post, and you think doctors are literally possessed by the devil so its saying something.

I'd like to see the kitchen which is capable of genetic modification, even if you did somehow obtain the yeast, just extracting said chems in useable quantities would take resources, equipment, and expertise far beyond the reach of nearly any clandestine operation.

While a small lab can produce enough fentanyl in a month to kill 90% of the people in North AMerica, and heroin base is being produced san electricity with 2000 year old technology in one of the least technologically advanced countries in the world...so genetically modified yeast is the least of my concerns when it comes to opioids.

Edited by Coolwhip GA (09/09/18 02:24 PM)

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth Flag
Re: The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids [Re: Ythan]
    #25447840 - 09/09/18 02:18 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
The man who made billions of dollars from OxyContin is pushing a drug to wean addicts off opioids
www.washingtonpost.com

Following hundreds of lawsuits over the years against pharmaceutical giant Purdue Pharma, Colorado’s attorney general is suing the OxyContin creator for its “significant role in causing the opioid epidemic.”

The lawsuit claims Purdue Pharma L.P. and Purdue Pharma Inc. deluded doctors and patients in Colorado about the potential for addiction with prescription opioids and continued to push the drugs. And it comes amid news that the company’s former chairman and president, Richard Sackler, has patented a new drug to help wean addicts from opioids.

“Purdue’s habit-forming medications coupled with their reckless marketing have robbed children of their parents, families of their sons and daughters, and destroyed the lives of our friends, neighbors, and co-workers,” Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman said Thursday in a statement. “While no amount of money can bring back loved ones, it can compensate for the enormous costs brought about by Purdue’s intentional misconduct.”

The lawsuit states that Purdue Pharma “downplayed the risk of addiction associated with opioids,” “exaggerated the benefits” and “advised health care professionals that they were violating their Hippocratic Oath and failing their patients unless they treated pain symptoms with opioids,” according to the statement from the Colorado attorney general’s office.

But Purdue Pharma “vigorously” denied the accusations Friday in a statement to The Washington Post, saying that although it shares “the state’s concern about the opioid crisis,” it did not mislead health-care providers about prescription opioids.

“The state claims Purdue acted improperly by communicating with prescribers about scientific and medical information that FDA has expressly considered and continues to approve,” a spokesman for Purdue Pharma said in the statement. “We believe it is inappropriate for the state to substitute its judgment for the judgment of the regulatory, scientific and medical experts at FDA.”

In 2016, there were more than 63,000 drug overdose deaths in United States, and more than 66 percent of them were attributed to opioids, according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC states that both illegal opioids and prescription opioids, which are commonly used to treat pain, have been associated with addiction, overdoses and death.

In federal court in 2007, three top current and former employees for Purdue pleaded guilty to criminal charges, admitting that they had falsely led doctors and their patients to believe that OxyContin was less likely to be abused than other drugs in its class, according to the New York Times. Then earlier this year, the Wall Street Journal reported that Purdue planned to stop promoting the drug.

Now, it seems, a new business venture is only adding to the outcry.

The Financial Times reported that Sackler, whose family owns Purdue Pharma, a multibillion-dollar company, patented a new drug earlier this year that is a form of buprenorphine, a mild opioid that is used to ease withdrawal symptoms. However, some are expressing outrage that the Sacklers, who have in essence profited from opioid addictions, may soon be profiting from the antidote.

“It’s reprehensible what Purdue Pharma has done to our public health,” Luke Nasta, director of Camelot, a New York-based treatment center for drug and alcohol addiction, told the Financial Times. He told the newspaper that the Sackler family “shouldn’t be allowed to peddle any more synthetic opiates — and that includes opioid substitutes.”

The patent’s description acknowledges the risk of addiction that is associated with opioids:

Quote:

While opioids have always been known to be useful in pain treatment, they also display an addictive potential in view of their euphorigenic activity. Thus, if opioids are taken by healthy human subjects with a drug seeking behaviour they may lead to psychological as well as physical dependence.

These usually undesired characteristics of opioids can however become important in certain scenarios such as drug substitution therapies for drug addicts. One of the fundamental problems of illicit drug abuse by drug addicts (“junkies”) who are dependent on the constant intake of illegal drugs such as heroin is the drug-related criminal activities resorted to by such addicts in order to raise enough money to fund their addiction. The constant pressures upon addicts to procure money for buying drugs and the concomitant criminal activities have been increasingly recognised as a major factor that counteracts efficient and long-lasting withdrawal and abstinence from drugs.

The patent states that the drug could be used both in drug replacement therapy as well as for pain management.

Purdue Pharma did not respond to requests for comment on the new drug, but in addressing the lawsuit in Colorado, the company said: “We share the state’s concern about the opioid crisis. While our opioid medicines account for less than 2% of total prescriptions, we will continue to work collaboratively with the state toward bringing meaningful solutions to address this public health challenge.”

Hey guys, have you heard about the new "Oxycontin" in capsule form called Xstampza?
Check out their website:

http://www.xtampzaer.com/hcp/index.html#direct

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll notice a very familiar name...I'm sure you can guess who manufactures this new oxycodone product..Yep, none other than Purdue Pharma. Shit makes me sick...
The bad thing about these are if you do a little research the medicine is in little tiny beads just like Kadian(Morphine XR) Adderall XR.. But, with this new oxycodone product the beads can not be crushed with a hammer,so they say... anyways I just thought I'd share my two cents.

And for all of you that have had Kratom outlawed in your state, I'm very sorry to hear that.. this is some bullshit and these people behind big pharma will pay their price.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Be blessed~

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Edited by pfshroomer (09/09/18 02:20 PM)

Invisiblelessismore
    #25447844 - 09/09/18 02:21 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Coolwhip GA said:
Quote:

lessismore said:

LOL, that's one of the funniest things I've seen you post, and you think doctors are literally possessed by the devil so its saying something.

I'd like to see the kitchen which is capable of genetic modification, even if you did somehow obtain the yeast, just extracting said chems in useable quantities would take resources, equipment, and expertise far beyond the reach of nearly any clandestine operation.

What does doctors have to do with things here? I didn't mention doctors in my post?

Isn't that bringing in other threads into this thread.

Doubt separates us from God. Man always doubts at first. Then he becomes wise.
Any thing is possible if you can imagine it. LSD from yeast, yessir. Fentanyl from yeast in kitchen, yes likely possible. But a grave danger. Talk about strong spiritouse.

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
    #25447854 - 09/09/18 02:27 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Coolwhip GA said:
Quote:

lessismore said:
They say Tramadol is not addictive...

Who is they?...

I'll ask again.

edit: You are talking about genetically modified yeast as if it somehow has any relevance to the OP of this thread...yet blaming me for derailing it by referencing a point of view(if you can call it that) which belongs to you? Weird.

But hey, answer who is they, then tell me you never mentioned doctors.

Sorry, but if you are going to claim that doctors are possessed by the devil, and mean it literally, then everytime you mention the scientific/medical community it becomes relevant.

Edited by Coolwhip GA (09/09/18 02:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds