Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience * 1
    #25443337 - 09/07/18 06:48 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

https://hightimes.com/news/previously-anti-weed-elon-musk-smokes-blunt-joe-rogan-experience/

A.J. Herrington Published 6 hours ago on September 7, 2018 By A.J. Herrington
Tech mogul Elon Musk shared a blunt with Joe Rogan on his show on Thursday night, shocking Tesla investors in the process. The high-profile smoke session was live streamed via YouTube on “The Joe Rogan Experience.” Musk also reportedly sipped whiskey during the recording of Rogan’s podcast, which included conversation about luxury watches, artificial intelligence, and Mars.

Rogan and Musk had been talking for about two hours when the show’s host pulled out a blunt to smoke, explaining that it was “marijuana inside of tobacco,” according to media reports.

“I think I tried it once,” Musk replied.

Before taking a hit, Musk clarified with Rogan that he would not be breaking the law.

“I mean, it’s legal, right?” he asked.

Musk then proceeded to take one long drag on the blunt, though some viewers were not convinced that he had actually inhaled.

Musk told Rogan that he did not use cannabis very much, saying that he did not “notice any effect” from smoking herb.

He then added that he was not personally against the use of cannabis.

“I know a lot of people like weed and that’s fine,” he added, “but I don’t think it’s very good for productivity.”

Musk had expressed similar sentiments about cannabis just three weeks earlier, in an interview with The New York Times.

“Weed is not helpful for productivity,” said Musk. “There’s a reason for the word ‘stoned’. You just sit there like a stone on weed.”

Before that interview, Musk had shaken financial markets with a tweet that indicated he wanted to take Tesla private, quoting a price of $420 per share for the buyout. The price chosen by Musk led many to speculate that he was making a reference to cannabis or was high when he posted the message. But he explained he had simply added a 20 percent premium to the trending share price and then rounded off the result.

“It seemed like better karma at $420 than at $419,” Musk said. “But I was not on weed, to be clear.”

Musk Waxes Philosophical
After getting high with Rogan, Musk mused on what it would take to make the world a better place for humankind.

“It sounds corny,” said Musk, “but love is the answer.”

Rogan asked Musk how he would accomplish such a feat, wondering if he had invented a machine for the purpose.

“Probably spend more time with your friends and less time on social media,” Musk said. “I think people should be nicer to each other and give more credit to others and don’t assume they’re mean until they’re actually mean. It’s easy to demonize people.”

Before ending the program nearly three hours after it started, Rogan told Musk he hoped the show had been a good experience.

“I hope I didn’t weird you out and I hope you didn’t get mad that we smoked weed,” Rogan said.

Fallout Was Quick
The response to Musk publically smoking weed came quickly. Even before the live stream was over, Musk was receiving feedback, telling Rogan that he was “getting text messages from friends saying ‘What are you doing smoking weed?'”

And hours later, shares in Tesla had dropped nine percent after Musk’s appearance with Rogan and a Friday morning announcement that the company’s chief accounting officer Dave Morton had resigned as of Tuesday. Morton had joined Tesla only one month earlier.
Elon is an idiot, he lost millions with that puff
You may choose only one
Elon is a patriot, showing despite his non interest, he showed it wasn't the devil's weed
You may choose only one
Stock in Tesla is down, time to buy?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/07/18 06:47 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: sycodelix]
    #25443501 - 09/07/18 07:45 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I find it funny his stock would go down over this. If anything it might help reduce some of the negative PR from him calling that coach a pedo :lol: Probably will either be back up before long, or keep going down for mostly unrelated reasons.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience *DELETED* [Re: musiclover420]
    #25443964 - 09/07/18 10:50 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by TieACable2aTree

Reason for deletion: hi

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: ButtFace]
    #25444462 - 09/08/18 05:56 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Was a great interview

--------------------

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: icetech]
    #25444511 - 09/08/18 06:54 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The weed part was whatever...

The take away message is about AI and how it is already much further advanced than most know. Like the robot that moves so fast that you need a strobe to see it.. etc...

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Crispykoot]
    #25444528 - 09/08/18 07:14 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The stock price went down over the resignation of the CAO, had nothing to do with Musk appearing on The Joe Roan Experience.

Crispykoot, I would like to see spme info on this robot you are speaking of, although I can't see how the speed os its movements have anything to do with AI...I'm just having trouble conceptualizing what you are talking about, it runs so fast? It moves its hand so fast?

I do have a problem with Musk's preconceptions about marijuana...it definitely can have a stoning effect, especially if you go to town on the munchies, but generally this comes hours AFTER smoking weed, of course potheads are always smoking so it appears as if they stoning effect occurs instantly when observing them, but when I would get high at work while doing something laborious I would come back inside and work circles around people, it wasn't until the high was fading that I would start dragging ass.

I mean, if all you want to do it sit around and get stoned, it's easy to say marijuana makes you do that but it doesn't; it's a choice to use it that way. It is plenty easy to be very active while using marijuana you just need to use in moderation and more importantly space out your doses.

Edited by Coolwhip GA (09/08/18 07:15 AM)

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25444690 - 09/08/18 08:46 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

There’s no strobe robot..:nojustno:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada, Flag
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Amanita86]
    #25444759 - 09/08/18 09:28 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

weed is incredibly productive for me. i have a tolerance so i dont just "sit like a stone" i just feel relaxed and then what ever tedious task im working on becomes much more enjoyable allowing me to work longer at it.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Trip Report: SHROOMS DMT---- My Youtube Psychedelic Channel

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25444791 - 09/08/18 09:40 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Too funny how cannabis propaganda and the stigma caused by it is still alive and well. But what would you expect when drug propaganda is religiously drilled into kids by DARE and other narc agencies. Like religion narcs know that they have to get to kids before they can think for themselves in order to get them to believe in faith thier lies rather then facts and science.

Narcs are as sure as Nazis that minorities including drug users are the cause of all the problems in the world. Lets do to Narcs what Jews did to Nazis!!! Fair is fair! :bigblunt:

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: SleepyE]
    #25444824 - 09/08/18 09:50 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SleepyE said:
weed is incredibly productive for me. i have a tolerance so i dont just "sit like a stone" i just feel relaxed and then what ever tedious task im working on becomes much more enjoyable allowing me to work longer at it.

When I smoke MK-ultra I do just sit like a stone, however when I smoke purple haze it gets me going unless I smoke way too much of it that is.

Personally I don't smoke when playing chess or working with power tools, however if painting or doing other mindless tasks I try to be as stoned as possible.

Join us :assimilate: and you will see the light.

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: rider420]
    #25444918 - 09/08/18 10:37 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Sadly weed turns me into a slug... doesn't matter the strain.. I can't even seem to workout on it.. :frown: today is Acid day though!! WHOOP!!.. love saturdays.

--------------------

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: icetech]
    #25445053 - 09/08/18 11:58 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

icetech said:
Sadly weed turns me into a slug... doesn't matter the strain.. I can't even seem to workout on it.. :frown: today is Acid day though!! WHOOP!!.. love saturdays.

Nice do you trip every Saturday on Acid?

Too bad for you dude works for most people. I'm sure the local weed dealer is telling you the truth when he sells you the only weed he has as whatever strain your asking for "sativa". :rolleyes:

Funny Arnold Schwarzenegger loves smoking weed. Does he work out? :wink:

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: rider420]
    #25445088 - 09/08/18 12:16 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rider420 said:
Quote:

icetech said:

Nice do you trip every Saturday on Acid?

Too bad for you dude works for most people. I'm sure the local weed dealer is telling you the truth when he sells you the only weed he has as whatever strain your asking for "sativa". :rolleyes:

Funny Arnold Schwarzenegger loves smoking weed. Does he work out? :wink:

Every saturday for the last 10 months, i have missed 4.. And i smoked weed for 35 years, i'm sure i didn't get indica every time for those 35 years:) Weed just makes me feel sluggish and slow.. Acid makes me feel like superman for 2 days, love it so much.

--------------------

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

#25445157 - 09/08/18 01:17 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

icetech said:

Every saturday for the last 10 months, i have missed 4.. And i smoked weed for 35 years, i'm sure i didn't get indica every time for those 35 years:) Weed just makes me feel sluggish and slow.. Acid makes me feel like superman for 2 days, love it so much.

FYI sativa takes twice as long to grow and yields half as much as an indica. 

I know how you feel I've love tripping on shoorms so i did it every weekend I could. I took a tolerance break after a seven gram bad trip, it mostly centered around an auditory hallucination of screaming sounds coming from the ground along with just about every irrational fear you could think of. Shit happens. :rolleyes:

Just wondering back when I did acid in the 80s it lasted only 8 to 10 hours with no after effects the next day. Are you sure its really acid your doing?

:goodluck:

Offlinemeepins
Stranger
    #25445897 - 09/08/18 07:14 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

#25446423 - 09/09/18 12:03 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rider420 said:
Quote:

icetech said:

FYI sativa takes twice as long to grow and yields half as much as an indica.

I know how you feel I've love tripping on shoorms so i did it every weekend I could. I took a tolerance break after a seven gram bad trip, it mostly centered around an auditory hallucination of screaming sounds coming from the ground along with just about every irrational fear you could think of. Shit happens. :rolleyes:

Just wondering back when I did acid in the 80s it lasted only 8 to 10 hours with no after effects the next day. Are you sure its really acid your doing?

:goodluck:

False.

Sativas take only roughly 10-15 more days to flower compared to indicas and you can pull off just as much weight whether it be indica or sativa

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Big Worm]
    #25446563 - 09/09/18 02:21 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Did someone say weed turns them into a slug so they drop acid? Its like my friend who decided weed was unhealthy and started doing blow all day

I function way worse than stoned if im on 100+ ug

If i wanna function, id prolly go for adderall or something

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #25446896 - 09/09/18 07:16 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
There’s no strobe robot..:nojustno:

Maybe listen to the interview where Musk talks about this. Is he kidding or is it already real? You tell me before dismissing it...

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

OfflineBudsprout
new oldhand
 User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Crispykoot]
    #25446961 - 09/09/18 07:35 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Stocks didn't go down because of the podcast ,it went down because a senior executive or someone similar resigned.

I listened to the entire podcast ,not knowing much of him or his personality, I was pleased to see he was well spoken and in no way cocky or egocentric. He gave simple but great advice. I agreed with pretty much all he said except his t-shirt that read "occupy Mars" because I think we should fix our fuck ups on this planet before we occupy another..

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Previously Anti-Weed Elon Musk Smokes a Blunt on The Joe Rogan Experience [Re: Budsprout]
    #25446981 - 09/09/18 07:47 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

“It sounds corny,” said Musk, “but love is the answer.”

^its not corny. For sure

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies