Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAcunumen
Neuronaut

The Secret of the Tree of Life
    #25438261 - 09/05/18 06:19 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

There is textual evidence to support the theory that the “Tree of Knowledge” in the Garden of Eden was sex, and the “Tree of Life” was the psilocybe mushroom. Therefore, sex and drugs were restricted from the servants who “worked” in the garden (Genesis 2:15). 

It also appears that this substance is also what Jesus referred to as “the keys to the kingdom” (Matthew 16:19). Indeed, shortly after Jesus mentioned this mysterious key he experienced the “transfiguration” of flesh into spirit. While in this transcendental state he was able to communicate with God. Apparently, some of the earliest Christians (the Gnostics) were aware of these secrets. 

There is also evidence that indicates that this was the same type of wisdom (bodhi) “tree” that the Buddha “sat under” when he became enlightened.

The ancient people were apparently using the entheogen not only to raise their consciousness but, in some instances, as a “contact” agent between themselves and ultraterrestrials (the so-called gods).

This arcanum also turns up in the writings of the medieval alchemists and the story of the Holy Grail. In actuality, what was INSIDE the grail container were the keys to kingdom (of heavenly Camelot), which transformed ordinary men into the Christ-like "Fisher King." 

Source: The Secret Universe by Aerik Vondenburg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcunumen
Neuronaut

Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: Acunumen] * 1
    #25438270 - 09/05/18 06:21 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: Acunumen]
    #25438360 - 09/05/18 06:49 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I found the Tree of Life within.
The Stags were eating its leaves, the wyrms were eating the roots.
It will parish unless I water it daily from the fountain of Urd.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

:alert: Mycology Fundamentals and Misc. Info :mushroom:

:chemistry: Stains, Reagents, and Media :alert:

Tradelist

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: BayerPhi]
    #25438649 - 09/05/18 08:14 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Rofl getting sexual to your love ones isnt prohibited.

Quote:

BayerPhi said:
I found the Tree of Life within.
The Stags were eating its leaves, the wyrms were eating the roots.
It will parish unless I water it daily from the fountain of Urd.

:whathesaid:
they are not meant as litteral but rather spiritual represantion and they thus exist upto this time.

Quote:

(Luke 17) 20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

#25439060 - 09/06/18 12:11 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

It is not called 'The tree of knowledge", it's called 'the tree of the knowledge of good and evil'

There is a big difference there. 

Also, according to the story, man was allowed to eat from the tree of life in the beginning.

Genesis 2:15
The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

but not after

Genesis 3:22

And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Edited by VroomerMcZoomers (09/06/18 12:14 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #25441587 - 09/07/18 12:22 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

http://distelrath.tripod.com/fabbro.htm

The above article suggests that some Catholic Christians used Amanita muscarias in some ritual context. And the 17th century mystic Jacob Boheme created a woodcut (Christi Testamenta) which is extrapolated at length in the book The Apples of Apollo by Carl Ruck et al.. In fact I had the cover of the book enlarged into a poster. In it are both Christian Trinitarian symbols as well as stages of mushroom growth being identified with the hypotheses of the Christian Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). The early Christian Gnostic sects were very interesting in their myth formations (especially their radical dualism splitting good God from bad), but there is nothing that I have read that ties any of the various schools (Egyptians, Sethians, Ophites, Valentinians, Marcionites, Carpocratians, etc.) to entheogenic use. I'm not an expert, but nothing is really evident. Too bad the Mystery Rites at Eleusis were not able to be Christianized into symbolic death and resurrection dramas instead of the Greek Demeter-Persephone re-enactments. :shrug:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

Loc: Norcal
Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25442271 - 09/07/18 09:39 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Yup, all religions originate from drug induced hallucinations.... I always suspected it :rasta:

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

#25443004 - 09/07/18 04:29 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:

I can't believe I can look at this and know what it means.
It's so beautiful, I want to hang it up.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

Tradelist

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#25444045 - 09/07/18 11:42 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Then you'll probably want to read about the intricacies of the many symbols in Carl Ruck's book The Apples of Apollo. Maybe you too will find one of those art/poster shops at a mall and have them blow up the cover like I did.

--------------------

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

#25447983 - 09/09/18 03:31 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I think its fair to say, given the long range of human history and religious practices that predate Christianity/Judiasm and any other Abrahamic religion, that 'seers'<->prophets etc dabbled in mind altering substances to give them thoughts from beyond.

The same stories found in the bible have been told before in different forms. There are a slew of creation stories that predate it. Seers and Shamans did ingest a range of mild altering substances. They attested to the effects. Out of nowhere in the middle of the timeline, you have a group of people who claim the same such experiences were pure experiences with God? Yeah, no... Essentially.

The people who wrote the bible and other various religious texts weren't around during the formation of this universe or Earth. They may have gleaned some details from previous stories/philosophers who wrote of far dated experiences. They may have ingested mild altering substances and had some 'insights'/'spoke with god' etc.

I could 'have an experience' with 'God' right now and write about it.
I could give my writing a name. It doesn't make it a universal truth. There seems to be a range of phases a person goes through with religion.

- accepting everything piece meal and literally.
- Looking for deeper meaning beyond literal interpretations
- Questioning interpretations and aligning with a specific focused set
- Questioning things within the religion all together
- Based on findings an Existential rejection of the religion and negative associations with it
- Getting past the anger and doing soul searching whereby one explores other religions
- Discovering spirituality via the universality of various components of all religions
- Doing spiritual/philosophical research of your own to cultivate your unique spiritual views
- Returning back to the religion which had the longest standing
- Trying to reintegrate and overlay your new spiritual understanding over it

The secret tree of life are the universal roots, branches, and leaves which bind us all. Through time, we grow in our awareness and understanding of it. There are accelerators. There are side paths. These are 'views'. However and ultimately, in the grand scheme of things, the 'tree' will blossom in the season it is set to blossom in.

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

Loc: Norcal
Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: r00tcmplx] * 2
    #25448130 - 09/09/18 04:31 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I would tend to agree with this analysis with the addition that many people may stop at any one of those steps, and I hope I don't take the last two. Nor do I think I will, as there is no way around the fact that I still outright disagree with the religion I was born to, regardless of the fact that I am over my phase of being angry towards that religion.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: Unknower]
    #25448292 - 09/09/18 05:47 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Unknower said:
I would tend to agree with this analysis with the addition that many people may stop at any one of those steps, and I hope I don't take the last two. Nor do I think I will, as there is no way around the fact that I still outright disagree with the religion I was born to, regardless of the fact that I am over my phase of being angry towards that religion.

Yep, just a rough outline. Some skip steps, never get to some, never circle back. It's kind of like a spiraling in and out. Returning to one's religion after obtaining individual spirituality is not so much as a 'return' as it is a 2ndary journey through in the sense that you are of a much more mature mindset to divorce the religious aspect from familiar truths. So, you 'revisit' so as to reclaim/rewrite a past chapter in your life. If you grew up with a religion and it left an imprint on you, it's always going to be there. The idea would be, at a certain point in your journey, to acknowledge and re-integrate it as you so chose. I speak not of 'falling' back into religion... Once you've experienced spiritual individuality and are at a certain stage in life, it's super hard for this to occur.

One thing I've also discovered 'on reflection' of my own progression/journey is that an individual doesn't come out of these stages until they're ready. You either don't get what someone might be saying because you haven't experienced it in the spiritual sense or you simply reject it for a time until you're ready.

This is why, even though I've finally grown passed religion, i still acknowledge its effectiveness is being spiritual training wheels. I don't mean this in a kiddie or insulting manner either. It really guides a range of spiritual thought well into adulthood.

Glad I could share something that is relatable
:nicesmile:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: r00tcmplx] * 2
    #25448927 - 09/10/18 01:28 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I rather agree with every point, and I'm OLD! I rebelled against my non-spiritual parents who forced me to attend Sunday school and later Hebrew school even though they were cultural Jews at best. It's what Jews do, even though my mother was pretty much an atheist. My father literally built a reformed Jewish synagogue from an old farm house, but the building of a temple was an enactment of his Freemasony myth (as Hiram Abiff, said to have been the builder of Solomon's temple). I flunked Hebrew school at age 11, refused a Bar Mitzvah in part due to a beef I had with my father, getting him back for a beating he gave me at age 7. I never forgot that beating as that alienated me from him for the rest of his life. I took a Catholic baptism at age 22, a Methodist seminary degree at age 25, and did not embrace any ritual aspect of Judaism until I got into Kabbalah just before age 50 (I had read on Kabbalah since I was 19 or 20).

At age 5, at a Jewish High Holy Day service at a makeshift synagogue, I asked my father "What is that red thing?," to which he replied "A glass of wine" (which the cantor had in hand (why I don't know). But I was asking about the electric ruby red lamp attached to the top of the ark which held the Torahs, which had the tablets of the Ten Commandments on its doors. "Oh," said my dad, "That's the Eternal Light." Eternal Light! I was 5 years old yet those words struck some chord, like a meaningful and significant chord as if I had once known exactly what Eternal Light was! It is interesting that my early meditations, and the meditation I used to teach students for stress reduction, was to imagine a candle flame sitting inside their own heart, shining through their heart with a ruby red glow. "No, it's not heart-burn kids." :lol:

When I finally bought my first house at age 43 and found a store that imported inexpensive but hand-carved Mexican furniture, I had a custom votive table built to match the dining room and living room furniture I bought from them. My home shrine has its own Eternal Light hanging from the ceiling, and whereas I will always have a Christian spirit, I will still have a Jewish soul. So when I do the only Jewish ritual (even as we are into Rosh Hashanah which I do not celebrate) which is lighting the Sabbath candles at sunset on Friday night, I reach up ritually to this Eternal Light and 3 times symbolically bring my open hands down to my Heart Center as if drawing down Eternal Light into my Heart, through the Kabbalistic sephira, saying "Ain Sof [Eternal Light], Kether [Crown], Da'ath [Gnosis], Tiphereth [Beauty]." It is similar to the ritual that Jewish women perform, but I have appropriated the feminine to be assimilated to the masculine. The ritual symbolizes the intention: Transpersonal (Supernal) Consciousness flowing from on-high through the portals into my higher psyches (souls) which interface at my Head, Throat, and Heart.

I will never be very Jewish, culturally speaking. I reject the fascist apartheid state of Israel, which exhausted it's underdog good karma long ago. I will never return to a Catholic mass as the RCC is a reprehensible body of pedophiliac corruption (not to mention its history of inquisition, witch-hunts, crusades, and Jewish pogroms). I was never interested in Methodism. Religion etymologically comes from the Latin 'religare,' which means 'to bind' (we have the word ligature). In this sense it means the same as the word yoga in Sanskrit which comes from 'yūg,' to yoke.' In religion as in yoga, one seeks to bind/yoke one's awareness to the Eternal. It is organizational religion that I have no need of.

--------------------

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: Unknower]
    #25448983 - 09/10/18 03:25 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Unknower said:
I hope I don't take the last two. Nor do I think I will, as there is no way around the fact that I still outright disagree with the religion I was born to, regardless of the fact that I am over my phase of being angry towards that religion.

:congrats: good perspective, i once got out of my house during a quake, Though i felt angry at first. I was glad i didnt build a new house in that land, was thankful for the ground later sank in the fault line. Specially after ive Found a better sturdy Ground to finally build a new one after testing so many grounds.

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

#25449958 - 09/10/18 02:36 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I rather agree with every point, and I'm OLD! I rebelled against my non-spiritual parents who forced me to attend Sunday school and later Hebrew school even though they were cultural Jews at best. It's what Jews do, even though my mother was pretty much an atheist. My father literally built a reformed Jewish synagogue from an old farm house, but the building of a temple was an enactment of his Freemasony myth (as Hiram Abiff, said to have been the builder of Solomon's temple). I flunked Hebrew school at age 11, refused a Bar Mitzvah in part due to a beef I had with my father, getting him back for a beating he gave me at age 7. I never forgot that beating as that alienated me from him for the rest of his life. I took a Catholic baptism at age 22, a Methodist seminary degree at age 25, and did not embrace any ritual aspect of Judaism until I got into Kabbalah just before age 50 (I had read on Kabbalah since I was 19 or 20).

At age 5, at a Jewish High Holy Day service at a makeshift synagogue, I asked my father "What is that red thing?," to which he replied "A glass of wine" (which the cantor had in hand (why I don't know). But I was asking about the electric ruby red lamp attached to the top of the ark which held the Torahs, which had the tablets of the Ten Commandments on its doors. "Oh," said my dad, "That's the Eternal Light." Eternal Light! I was 5 years old yet those words struck some chord, like a meaningful and significant chord as if I had once known exactly what Eternal Light was! It is interesting that my early meditations, and the meditation I used to teach students for stress reduction, was to imagine a candle flame sitting inside their own heart, shining through their heart with a ruby red glow. "No, it's not heart-burn kids." :lol:

When I finally bought my first house at age 43 and found a store that imported inexpensive but hand-carved Mexican furniture, I had a custom votive table built to match the dining room and living room furniture I bought from them. My home shrine has its own Eternal Light hanging from the ceiling, and whereas I will always have a Christian spirit, I will still have a Jewish soul. So when I do the only Jewish ritual (even as we are into Rosh Hashanah which I do not celebrate) which is lighting the Sabbath candles at sunset on Friday night, I reach up ritually to this Eternal Light and 3 times symbolically bring my open hands down to my Heart Center as if drawing down Eternal Light into my Heart, through the Kabbalistic sephira, saying "Ain Sof [Eternal Light], Kether [Crown], Da'ath [Gnosis], Tiphereth [Beauty]." It is similar to the ritual that Jewish women perform, but I have appropriated the feminine to be assimilated to the masculine. The ritual symbolizes the intention: Transpersonal (Supernal) Consciousness flowing from on-high through the portals into my higher psyches (souls) which interface at my Head, Throat, and Heart.

I will never be very Jewish, culturally speaking. I reject the fascist apartheid state of Israel, which exhausted it's underdog good karma long ago. I will never return to a Catholic mass as the RCC is a reprehensible body of pedophiliac corruption (not to mention its history of inquisition, witch-hunts, crusades, and Jewish pogroms). I was never interested in Methodism. Religion etymologically comes from the Latin 'religare,' which means 'to bind' (we have the word ligature). In this sense it means the same as the word yoga in Sanskrit which comes from 'yūg,' to yoke.' In religion as in yoga, one seeks to bind/yoke one's awareness to the Eternal. It is organizational religion that I have no need of.

Indeed, a well traveled and relatable journey. Especially cycling back, re-integrated, overlaying, and making things your own beyond 'religion'.

Thank you for sharing your account.
It to is something many can relate to and are enhanced/strengthened from hearing. There are very salient and consistent parts of the mysteries that have disclosed themselves at this point in history. They stretch across time. They rhyme. They are reflected in designs and eternal patterns. They form alters. They form shrines. Great builders of a time encoded blue prints. Voices were silenced. Books were written. Pieces align that complete a puzzle. The ordering of which was muzzled. The secret tree of life is ever present and ever formed. For an age, it manifests as this. For another it manifests as that.

For the journey man... The nomad, it's quite the life well traveled coming to terms with this. Seeing the imprint across so many forms. There always has been a historic reverence as such and what an age one lives in to be afforded a chance to see the tree of life blossom in one of its many forms. A convergence of mysteries expressed only to set upon yet another bold new form.

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

Re: The Secret of the Tree of Life [Re: r00tcmplx]
    #25450444 - 09/10/18 06:28 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

May I come over, Markos?
I bet your place has a neato spiritual vibe to it.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

Tradelist

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#25451342 - 09/11/18 12:49 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Sure, if you're in my neck of the woods, phone first but come over. The vibe? I suppose you could ask Jokeshopbeard. I hope I didn't violate any trust, but he and and at least 6 other Shroomerites have been welcome guests here. CosmicJoke was expected to visit us this winter, after being virtual friends for some 19 years, but he had to up and die on us. :sad:

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (09/11/18 12:56 AM)

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

#25452858 - 09/11/18 05:15 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Sure, if you're in my neck of the woods, phone first but come over. The vibe? I suppose you could ask Jokeshopbeard. I hope I didn't violate any trust, but he and and at least 6 other Shroomerites have been welcome guests here. CosmicJoke was expected to visit us this winter, after being virtual friends for some 19 years, but he had to up and die on us. :sad:

Sounds like a plan, Stan.
:nodofunderstanding:

Yes, RIP CosmicJoke.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

Tradelist

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract