Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTripsahoy420
Panentheist
Male

Loc: Trapped between one moment and...
Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims
    #25439956 - 09/06/18 12:16 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims
By Alexandria Hein

A Florida mother claims her daughter’s kratom tea habit left her with brain damage, and is suing the three establishments her child used to frequent for negligence.

Mary Tabar, whose 19-year-old daughter Brette allegedly suffered psychotic episodes in March, claims that the herbal remedy left the teen with frontal lobe damage.

Tabar’s lawsuit claims the tea is “a dangerous product that has certainly caused injury to people, and it has certainly caused injury to our client,” according to the Tampa Bay Times.

There are no FDA-approved uses for kratom, with the agency warning that it could have properties that expose users to the risks of addiction, abuse and dependence. Some claim that it can be used to treat opioid withdrawal symptoms, but the FDA warns that there is no reliable evidence to support that theory.

The agency has called for more research into the substance, while warning consumers “not to use any products labeled as containing the botanical substance kratom or its psychoactive compounds, mitragynine and 7-hydroxmitragynine.”

The FDA has linked the substance to 44 deaths in the U.S.

Tabar’s lawsuit names Bula on the Beach, Bula Kafe and Mad Hatter’s Ethnobotanical Tea Bar, all located in Pinellas County. She said her daughter frequently visited the locations over a four-year span to drink kratom tea.

According to the news outlet, the family’s lawyer claims the establishments failed to warn Tabar of dangerous side effects which makes them liable for “bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, aggravation of a pre-existing condition, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, past and future medical and nursing care expenses and treatment.”

He did not comment on her current condition, but said that a physician treating her made the connection between her diagnosis and kratom.

But Levi Love, owner of Mad Hatter’s, told Tampa Bay Times that his bartenders explain the tea's properties to the customers and help guide them. He also disputed that Tabar’s daughter was a frequent customer. 

“I think it’s completely unfounded,” he said, of Tabar’s claims. “Being around people who drink kratom and use it regularly, I’ve never seen these symptoms or heard of them. Never a psychotic episode and certainly not hallucinating or brain damage.”

Love also said Mad Hatter’s has a strict age requirement.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/09/05/kratom-tea-left-teen-with-brain-damage-moms-lawsuit-claims.html

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFractal Orgasmabis
Stranger
Male

Loc: Asgard
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Tripsahoy420]
    #25440051 - 09/06/18 01:10 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Wow those FDA faggots are now paying a woman to spew lies and propoganda about an amazing medicinal leaf kratom. Ok, this is all just sensational bullshit, how dumb are people? In science their are often confounding variables, the brain damage was caused by something else. "frontal lobe damage" and "psychosis" wtf those are not even the same thing. He got a a bad concussion or neurogenerative illness from something else NOT KRATOM. If anything causes brain damage its alcohol.

I really hope 1 sensationalistic story gets debunked.

Alcohol: Annual deaths 88,000

Kratom: 0, not confirmed deaths, actually those that died (44) had other shit like heroin and alcohol in their systems.

Weed: 0

--------------------
"The more powerful and original a mind the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude"

"People intoxicate themselves with work so they wont see how they really are"

"A child like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuting to develop long after adults have muffled themselves in the cacoon of middle aged habit and convention"
Aldous Huxley

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Fractal Orgasmabis]
    #25440376 - 09/06/18 03:44 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

The lawyer at least seems smart enough to not make outrageous claims such as brain damage, which doesn't actually seem to be levied in the suit, that is just bullshit her mom is spewing AFAICT.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25440400 - 09/06/18 03:52 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

If some idiot drinks alcohol and runs into a pole, does that mean alcohol causes brain damage?

Offlineinevitablemix
Stranger
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Tripsahoy420]
    #25441082 - 09/06/18 07:25 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

If this goes through we might be able to sue liquor stores.  Never once have they warned us of brain damage.

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: inevitablemix]
    #25441162 - 09/06/18 07:58 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Just throwing it out there: the usual age of onset for schizophrenia and psychotic mental illness is late adolescence to early adulthood. Whether or not the Kratom had anything to do with this is up in the air. My gut tells me not, and a hurt and confused mother is simply doing what hurt and confused mothers do: lashing out, looking for someone or something to blame.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: CountHTML]
    #25441383 - 09/06/18 09:24 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone else think the mum just wants money out of this??

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #25441430 - 09/06/18 09:56 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

"Mom leaves fox news readers with brain damage"

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #25441447 - 09/06/18 10:06 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tripsahoy420 said:
Mary Tabar, whose 19-year-old daughter Brette

She said her daughter frequently visited the locations over a four-year span to drink kratom tea.

Let me get this straight, she's 19 and had been frequently visiting for 4 years? That means, she started drinking kratom tea at age 15? Am I missing something here?

Where were the parents? Shouldn't they have known their daughter was drinking kratom tea at 15? I know, I know, kick them out of the nest and they will fly, but did they not ask questions as to who she was with, where they were going, etc. How was she getting around at 15, must have had some older friends with transportation.

I don't know about you all, but my mother caught me like 99% of the times o did something I wasn't supposed to.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: HamHead]
    #25441490 - 09/06/18 10:35 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
I don't know about you all, but my mother caught me like 99% of the times o did something I wasn't supposed to.

My mother caught me about 1% of the time.

Not to say I don't agree with you; I think this thing is complete bullshit, and I very much doubt my own mother would set out on a crusade like this in the event of something like this happening to me - in fact, I'm almost certain of it - she knows I'm a risk taking idiot who makes his own choices.

However, some people will put the blame anywhere but on themselves.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25441599 - 09/07/18 12:36 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

If anything, Kratom helps frontal lobe, unlike Alcohol which state lobbies & sells for your deterioration.

I been using it for a few years, and I noticed benefit in my writings and discernment, unlike alcohol, but like psychedelics and other smartdrugs. I define a smartdrug as one which does no harm at all to the human body, but which expands consciousness.

This is yet another state scaretactic, and a mother living in fear of her daughter. Then the lying doctor joining in.

I mean they illegalized the plant, mother nature. They are illegalizing nature.

The only thing that can cause frontal lobe damage in kratom is excessive lack of sleep which it can give, like most opiates. But then we have to outlaw tramadol, morphine from doctors too, and oxycontine/oxycodone.

They all can cause lack of sleep a bit. Due to the comedown effect. You come down in the middle of sleep and thus wake up.

Thus it is never recommended to take Kratom prior to sleep, it only lasts 4 hours.

People I recommend you skip all evil doctorpills and get on Kratom, it got me out of all those nasty doctor pills!!. And please do NOT combine them with kratom, can be deadly/fatal to do, as kratom already a partial-opioid.

Offlineguest1
Mycena
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: lessismore]
    #25442801 - 09/07/18 02:47 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Brain damage from Kratom?:cuckoo:
How drunk is she?:nono:

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Loc: The dirty
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: guest1]
    #25442920 - 09/07/18 03:42 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Just another trailer park woman trying to get paid.

--------------------
Hunters save your exotic prints to trade! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25617539:shroomeryhead:

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: guest1]
    #25444230 - 09/08/18 01:39 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

guest1 said:
Brain damage from Kratom?:cuckoo:
How drunk is she?:nono:

As with all things, everything usually good in moderation. Unless it be an evil thing.

Kratom usually harms not the body, but I bet if you do large doses, may start to see temporary or even permanent liver or kidney harm. Any thing can be toxic, even water.

You can die from drinking too much water at once.

In fact water's LD50 says it is more toxic than a few common psychonaut tools. LSD-25 is safer for the human body, than water.

Yet I am not sure Kratom is, like many nature plants, they have a chemical effect.
LSD is so small quantity it only affects the brain it seems.

But plants can be very toxic, most plants in nature are/can be.

So, if you do high dosages it may be with risk. Science knows not kratom fully. Many chemical compounds in the plant.

Not all fully studied yet.

Go pick a random flower on the grassfield, chances are it is a bit toxic or indigestible. So either stomach upset or puking, or worse (death).
Many nature plants are horrifying toxic. Tiny amount needed to kill a human.

They even say there is cyanide in apple seeds. You can even taste it, if you chew them ( I dont recommend ). It tastes very toxic, really toxic.

So apples can potentially kill you, I think scientists calculated like 200 to kill you.

But who knows. Seemingly has Cyanide in, one of the most toxic chemical assination weapons/chemical warfar agents. Used by the KGB in russia etc.

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Loc: The dirty
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: lessismore]
    #25444321 - 09/08/18 04:09 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Compare that to Tylenol, it takes 13 or so to kill u not counting organ damage over time from daily usage which can kill u when your old, kratom will make u chuke if u take to much.

The only side effects ive had are being motion sick if u take to much/on a really empty stomach, urination(clear), sensitive ear drums, slight itching(like when u shave your balls or them prickling ya your skin is more sensitive).

The positive effects out weigh the negative by far.

--------------------
Hunters save your exotic prints to trade! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25617539:shroomeryhead:

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Nimph]
    #25445115 - 09/08/18 12:33 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not saying Kratom caused brain damage and psychosis in this young woman. But she should not have been allowed to consume it at the age of 15. The way it is now it seems like there is no regulation in most states. There should defiantly be an age limit of either 21 or 18. When your brain in still forming any drug that could be benign to adults could stunt or delay maturitity in children.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

Offlinemeepins
Stranger
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Crispy224]
    #25445892 - 09/08/18 07:11 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

they never stop with the fear mongering tactics.

OfflineLincolnCityTripper
Mushroom Maniac
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25446565 - 09/09/18 02:22 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Does anyone else think the mum just wants money out of this??

:whathesaid:
Also what another poster said about the FDA paying some drunk redneck cunt to say this shit. They are trying to do anything they can to make this godsend of a plant regulated so they can profit off it. I really hate these greedy cock suckers they could care less about anyones well being or health its all about putting more money in there pockets and thats all that matters to these blood sucking leach cock suckin sideway snakes. Kratom has saved my ass on many occasions to life threatening opiate/opioid addictions threw out my life . Such an amazing plant and these people could give a flying fuck if its saving peoples lives and making others lives more bearable and comfortable. Greedy fuckin snakes!

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: LincolnCityTripper]
    #25446627 - 09/09/18 03:28 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

“Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity
Our governments are dangerous and out of control
The Garden of Eden is just another graveyard
Said, if they had someone to buy it
Said, I'm sure they'd sell my soul” - GNFNR, Garden of Eden

“You’re face to face with the man that sold the world...” D. Bowie

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom tea left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims [Re: Amanita86]
    #25446816 - 09/09/18 06:50 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I think by frontal lobe damage they mean lack of impulse control.  Psychosis is a never ending series of the most horrible neural impulses.  Very stressful and that only feeds the reaction to the pain shocks.

Anything that lowers inhibition raises reaction to impulses.  It's not as bad of an experience under the numbing effects of the drug.  Yet it does last during the withdrawal and long after if used a lot.

Anyone that has been hooked on tobacco can relate to what I said.  May be harder with other drugs that attachment is more socially complex.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules