Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Bush to give testimony with Cheney
    #2542968 - 04/09/04 12:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

from: http://www.dailylobo.com/news/2004/04/09/Opinion/Columnbush.Enters.Campaign.Fight.Early-656606.shtml
For the most part, the above editoral isnt anything special, but it raises a few good questions in the last three paragraphs.

Quote:

In the events surrounding the 9/11 Commission, we see a prime example of the story the Bush administration does not want Americans to hear. On "Meet the Press" Sunday, Commission Chairman Thomas Kean told NBC's Tim Russert that Condoleezza Rice would only testify under oath in public if Bush could be joined by Vice President Cheney during his secret, no-oath testimony to the commission.

Never mind the fact that now the Commission will not be able to have different testimonies from Cheney and Bush to compare to dig up the truth. Aside from the current leader of this country, have you ever heard of someone testifying to a court or a commission, under oath or not, along with someone else? There is no precedent for such an action. When faced with the Iran-Contra incident, Ronald Reagan did not bring along his vice president - who was none other than George H.W. Bush - to testify, and he even allowed his deposition to be videotaped.

So, Mr. President, you claim to be tough enough to be our steady leader in these "times of change." Then why is it that you are not tough enough to answer questions to a private commission of 10 people you appointed?

I wonder if Bush will sit in the lap of the Vice President as well.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: Xochitl]
    #2543002 - 04/09/04 12:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I want to see Cheney do that trick where he drinks a glass of water while Bush is speaking.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: Edame]
    #2543060 - 04/09/04 12:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2543079 - 04/09/04 01:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If the "Bush Knew" conspiracy theories are so ridiculous then why are we having such a hard time getting these people to testify?

What do they have to hide???

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: Learyfan]
    #2543130 - 04/09/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

We all know how "straight-forward and forthcoming" they will be as they have in the past.

Review of Meet The Press
Served up by MediumDave on Monday February 9, 2004 at 10:29 AM

RUSSERT: Mr. President, the Director of the CIA said that his briefings had qualifiers and caveats, but when you spoke to the country, you said "there is no doubt." When Vice President Cheney spoke to the country, he said "there is no doubt." Secretary Powell, "no doubt." Secretary Rumsfeld, "no doubt, we know where the weapons are." You said, quote, "The Iraqi regime is a threat of unique urgency." "Saddam Hussein is a threat that we must deal with as quickly as possible." You gave the clear sense that this was an immediate threat that must be dealt with.

BUSH: I think, if I might remind you that in my language I called it a grave and gathering threat, but I don't want to get into word contests.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: Swami]
    #2543147 - 04/09/04 01:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BUSH:
but I don't want to get into word contests.

Probably because he has such a problem with the English language...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: Swami]
    #2543257 - 04/09/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I don?t want to get into word contests

*semantics

--------------------

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #2543332 - 04/09/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's a national disgrace that the President of the United States, the leader of the free world, is incapable of giving testimony without having his hand held by his Veep.

If we aren't already the laughingstock of the world because of this, we should be.

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #2543344 - 04/09/04 02:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder if Bush will sit in the lap of the Vice President as well.

That gives me an idea: Bush giving Dick a lap dance. Now that's entertainment.

Invisibleadrug

#2543354 - 04/09/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty sad when a forum of drug users is smarter than the leader of the free world.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2543550 - 04/09/04 03:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I've tried to keep an open mind so far about whether Bush knew or not, but I'm becoming increasingly more convinced that the bastard is guilty as sin.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: silversoul7]
    #2543586 - 04/09/04 03:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I've tried to keep an open mind so far about whether Bush knew or not, but I'm becoming increasingly more convinced that the bastard is guilty as sin.

As much as I hate the man, I still can't bring myself to go that far. The thought of that degree of evil wielding that much power is basically enough to overload my circuits.

Interesting to speculate, though, what if it were true and eventually proven?

Would he get a "pardon" from whoever was in office?
Or would he get a firing squad?

I think the Republican Party would basically have to dissolve itself and re-form under a different name.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: EchoVortex]
    #2543713 - 04/09/04 03:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

As much as I hate the man, I still can?t bring myself to go that far. The thought of that degree of evil wielding that much power is basically enough to overload my circuits.

That?s why people don?t even want to consider it. My circuits are already overloaded, so i?m fine with thinking about it.

After the US government had Kennedy killed and then covered it up, i?m surprised that so many people have a problem with believing that they would allow 9-11 to happen.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2543900 - 04/09/04 04:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
If the "Bush Knew" conspiracy theories are so ridiculous then why are we having such a hard time getting these people to testify?

So if a cop wants to search you or your home with no warrant you'll let him because you have nothing to hide?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2543904 - 04/09/04 04:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Learyfan said:

So if a cop wants to search you or your home with no warrant you'll let him because you have nothing to hide?

I'm not hiding the secrets behind the biggest security breach in American history in my home.  Lame analogy. :shake:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2543907 - 04/09/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

How do you get a warrant on the President?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: silversoul7]
    #2543925 - 04/09/04 04:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Not lame at all unless you don't value your rights or if you think rights should only apply to some.

No-one can be forced to testify. Even those you don't like.

Lame response. Try again.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Bush to give testimony with Cheney [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2543927 - 04/09/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
How do you get a warrant on the President?

How did Clinton wind up before a grand jury?

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2543942 - 04/09/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I give up, how did Clinton wind up before a grand jury?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2543945 - 04/09/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

We're talking about the president of the United States. This is not his private life we're talking about here. We're talking about the security of the free world. And the White House is not the president's property. He is only a temporary resident there. It is public property. And you claim no one can be forced to testify?! Ever heard of a thing called a "subpoena"?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion