Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegreen.giant
Stranger
In vitro pinning considered first flush?
    #25428908 - 09/01/18 06:34 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Just a little confusion that I hope somebody can clear up for me.

Backstory: Inoculated 16 BRF jars about a month ago.  Unfortunately, some of the injection holes (made with a nail and hammer) were not large enough for the syrine so a few of the jars were only nocced in 2 of the 4 holes in the lids.  This wasn't a huge issue, except I have a few jars that obviously took a little longer to get to full colonization.I waited for the full week after completely consolidated, and per usual some pins started growing in the jars.

Dunk and Roll: After very carefully dunking the consolidated cakes and keeping the pins on (some were an inch to half inch long) I carefully rolled in verm and most of the pins survived the process

SGFC: now some of the pins which started in the jars have fully matured and have been picked. 

Question: Should I consider this the first flush for those cakes?  Or should I keep them in the chamber for a second (FIRST?) full flush?  Or even if they only put off 2 or 3 large ones that started in the jars should I redunk and roll? 

Current Plan: They went in on the 26th so I don't think they necessarily need to be dunked again, will probably just try to get the first full flush from them before dunking again.

Any tips/suggestions?

Some Eye Candy :smile:, nice set of pins coming in on some of them, the large nearly mature ones all initially appeared in the jars

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: In vitro pinning considered first flush? [Re: green.giant]
    #25428914 - 09/01/18 06:36 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Don't reroll. Only redunk. A second roll will be potentially harmful by feeding nutrients and harboring contamination. 

I'm a newb just something I read.

--------------------

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: In vitro pinning considered first flush? [Re: Steveinshell]
    #25428918 - 09/01/18 06:37 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome pin set... seriously.

--------------------

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: In vitro pinning considered first flush? [Re: Steveinshell]
    #25428932 - 09/01/18 06:45 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Nice cakes.

For dunking, yea i'd consider it a flush. If you get some matured mushrooms I think it's worth replenishing the water they used.

A simple test would be to pick it up. If it's weight feels more like an empty glass of water than a full one, you should dunk. Compare it to a freshly dunked cake.

I liked to patch up the white spots with fresh verm after dunking. Never had a problem from that.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: In vitro pinning considered first flush? [Re: LtLurker]
    #25429952 - 09/02/18 07:31 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

You can always use a small saucer of water or upside down plastic lids, a tray, whatever, and set your cakes in it for 12h or so and they'll drink it all up without disturbing existing pins on the top and sides.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: In vitro pinning considered first flush? [Re: Adden]
    #25429955 - 09/02/18 07:36 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

If that picture was taken quite awhile after misting then you're overdoing it. You shouldn't ever have standing water on your jar lids or foil. If you do then they're not thirsty enough.

You're doing a great job on those that fruited. The small cluster of pins like that could be amazing or a wash. It really depends and wait to see how it plays out but usually when a cake gets a huge amount of pins in a relatively small area, it could be the mushrooms trying with all their might to mature and reproduce before death. But, with the quality of your other cakes, I have high hopes it'll turn out to be good cloning material. Mist until things glisten when they stop smelling like mushrooms and when flush 1.5 is over, put them in a tray of water for 12h and reintroduce them. I'm always a fan of twisting and pulling so you're not putting exposed and dead rotting flesh / basic sugars into an open air environment around your mushrooms.

Rerolling is reserved for seriously bacterial cakes that absorb the DVB or from being too wet / overmisting.

--------------------

InvisibleCaps McGeeS
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
Re: In vitro pinning considered first flush? [Re: Adden]
    #25430166 - 09/02/18 10:07 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

If you got fruit, and it's "taking a break" then it's a flush...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation