Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMirror.mirror
Female
Newbie grateful for this website.
    #25422809 - 08/30/18 12:24 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Hello and thank you for your time.
Currently this is my first time growing, I would guess I have approx four 80% colonized jars currently and have inoculated 14 jars a few days ago (of course sterilized and new brf verm and they are starting to colonized now, looking good) but before finding this site I used YouTube, and then ***ordered a grow kit :blush: that came with 18 sterilized jars included but fourteen jars of which didn't seem sealed properly and ended up contaminated coincidently. Could of just been my own mistake but been  doing research here at shroomey for approximately 3 weeks and I'm so thankful I found this website in this time. It has been hard to navigate for me but I wanted to introduce myself because I plan on being here a long time. I want to get better. I am determined to do it right and this website has helped me understand so much. Thank you and I hope to be more involved in the future. Sorry if introduction is unnecessary, I just wanted to be involved.
Sending love and light to you all. Thank you.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIgnorantOne
Space Pirate Applicant
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Newbie grateful for this website. [Re: Mirror.mirror]
    #25424453 - 08/30/18 07:20 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

For your new jars did you just go with the PF tek? or were they from another kit?

--------------------
Ignorance is bliss when tis folly to be wise.

Agar Sectoring/Isolation
Mono
How to PC
Improved PF Tek

InvisibleBastet0
Error!!! Role not found.

Loc: Pluto
Re: Newbie grateful for this website. [Re: IgnorantOne]
    #25424477 - 08/30/18 07:28 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

This forum is great and been helping me too.

Also I advice against buying pre-sterilized jars, they tends to contam and isn't cost-efficient. Investing into a good pressure cooker to do it yourself is way better. Good luck on your grow man.

OfflineIgnorantOne
Space Pirate Applicant

Re: Newbie grateful for this website. [Re: Bastet0]
    #25424494 - 08/30/18 07:33 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bastet0 said:
This forum is great and been helping me too.

Also I advice against buying pre-sterilized jars, they tends to contam and isn't cost-efficient. Investing into a good pressure cooker to do it yourself is way better. Good luck on your grow man.

If you are doing BRF cakes by way of the PF Tek you can just steam sterilize your jars too. I did so with mine on a raised platform of foil inside a 6 gallon pot and so far all 10 are without contamination and will be birthing Tonight/Tomorrow depending on my patience. There is more to it than just steam sterilization though, have to ensure you inoculate in a SAB that has been prepped as well.

--------------------

Agar Sectoring/Isolation
Mono
How to PC
Improved PF Tek

InvisibleMirror.mirror
Female
Re: Newbie grateful for this website. [Re: IgnorantOne]
    #25425084 - 08/31/18 12:14 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you guys for your replies.
yes I've done my new jars with brf following this website using pf Tek, and sterilized them myself.
I bought a kit before finding shroomery.org and I'll be doing my own thing from now on, I was ripped off buying a kit.
Everything is going well now. Soon as I get this website a little more figured out I'd love to post photos of my progress. I can't seem to post a .jpg

OfflineIgnorantOne
Space Pirate Applicant

Re: Newbie grateful for this website. [Re: Mirror.mirror]
    #25425234 - 08/31/18 02:36 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mirror.mirror said:
Thank you guys for your replies.
yes I've done my new jars with brf following this website using pf Tek, and sterilized them myself.
I bought a kit before finding shroomery.org and I'll be doing my own thing from now on, I was ripped off buying a kit.
Everything is going well now. Soon as I get this website a little more figured out I'd love to post photos of my progress. I can't seem to post a .jpg

click the image of a post card above your text editor then click the upload button found in the pop out menu. Once uploaded you copy the given BB code into the chat.

--------------------

Agar Sectoring/Isolation
Mono
How to PC
Improved PF Tek

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
147 topic views. 5 members, 7 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.