Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejohnnyquasar
Stranger

First Grow, First Post - A Few Questions
    #25420526 - 08/28/18 11:48 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, I just want to know what everyone thinks? I'm growing the Cube Albino A++.
Are the harvested and partially dried shrooms turning blue normal? The caps have also turned black. Is Albino A growing this long and skinny normal? I have a few other mushrooms that are growing and they are much shorter and fatter than the mushrooms in Picture 3. Picture 2 and 3 are progress pic of the same cake after about 12 hours. I'm growing with vermiculite and BRF cakes, colonized in a mason jar. The cakes are fruiting in a modified TEK with Perlite as a base. Misted and fanned twice a day. If anyone has any suggestions or answers I would very much appreciate it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoisecontrol
Test Tube Baby
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow, First Post - A Few Questions [Re: johnnyquasar]
    #25420594 - 08/29/18 01:46 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Don't mist the fruits directly, try to avoid getting them wet as much as possible. Up your fresh air exchange, the fuzzy bases are telling on you. You don't always have to mist when fanning, evaporation of the moisture off the mycelium is a key pinning trigger. Mist as needed. Your perlite, if properly hydrated, should be maintaining your humidity for you so no worries about that. But yeah I'd say fruits look wet and needing more air. They'll stand more at attention, oriented toward your light source, when not heavily saturated. You can also ruin the potential of flushes that way as the persistent water can cause aborts of the recurring primordial formation (your sequential flushes).

Offlinesasquatch
Living Proof
Male

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: First Grow, First Post - A Few Questions [Re: Noisecontrol]
    #25420600 - 08/29/18 01:56 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Noisecontrol said:
>>Don't mist the fruits directly
This is whats causing your bruising on your fruits.

>>Up your fresh air exchange, the fuzzy bases are telling on you.
Mycelium growing up the base of your shrooms is a telltale sign of not enough fresh air exchange!

>>evaporation of the moisture off the mycelium is a key pinning trigger.
basically the evaporation of water is what tells the mycelium that its time for some fruiting bodies (mushrooms)

hope that I added something to what Noisecontrol said!

--------------------
BE EASY

In 1965, Leary commented that he "learned more about his brain and its possibilities and more about psychology in the five hours after taking these mushrooms than he had in the preceding fifteen years of studying and doing research in psychology."

:awebig: :awetrippie: :raveface: :awecid:

OfflineIntoxicatedChimp
Space Monkey
Other

Re: First Grow, First Post - A Few Questions [Re: sasquatch]
    #25420649 - 08/29/18 03:55 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Still gotta say lookin good on your first grow. Do what they said and keep it up.

--------------------
-Intoxicated Chimp-

Offlinejohnnyquasar
Stranger

Re: First Grow, First Post - A Few Questions [Re: IntoxicatedChimp]
    #25421474 - 08/29/18 12:55 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I’m working on it right now.

Offlinesasquatch
Living Proof
Male

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: First Grow, First Post - A Few Questions [Re: johnnyquasar]
    #25422902 - 08/29/18 11:43 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

johnnyquasar said:
Thanks for the advice everyone, I’m working on it right now.

Keep it up! I'm gonna keep an eye on this one!

--------------------
BE EASY

In 1965, Leary commented that he "learned more about his brain and its possibilities and more about psychology in the five hours after taking these mushrooms than he had in the preceding fifteen years of studying and doing research in psychology."

:awebig: :awetrippie: :raveface: :awecid:

OfflineIntoxicatedChimp
Space Monkey
Other

Re: First Grow, First Post - A Few Questions [Re: sasquatch]
    #25427362 - 08/31/18 09:56 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I love how long these mushrooms are while still being nice and thick and healthy looking. What size container is that you have them in and are they 1/2 pint cakes? Also did you put any holes in the container or you just cracking the lid/taking it off/putting it on upside down? Fanning and misting?

Makes me want to get some Albino A++ prints and make some syringes. I'll be making an unmodified monotub soon i think. Not sure what size yet. Anywhere from a 25qt to 60qt container.

Keep posting more pictures! :laugh:

--------------------
-Intoxicated Chimp-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract