Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Would it be safe to eat mushrooms that came off a casing that had began to rot and got infected by bacterial blotching. The mushrooms were at the other end of the casing, however I have read that the mycellium can absorb toxins. The mushrooms were fairly healthy, the side of the casing got infected and a mushroom on the side was badly rotted. THe mushrooms look normal and seemed healthy however if eating them would cause a bad result they will be disposed of. Wasting good mushrooms is not desirable, however health is of major importance. I just dont want to end up losing a liver or something bad.