Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusion
    #2541204 - 04/08/04 11:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I had an experience today that shattered all of my "beliefs" Thank you HBWR :grin:

I think it is important to ask ourselves, "what is truth and where do I see it on a day to day basis"

How can we find truth when many of us (or me at least) never really find a baseline for it.

How do we REALLY know what truth is when what is seen all around us is lies?  I guess the first thing to do is to be honest with yourself and say "does my mind really find ANY substance to what is being said?"

when an idea is presented to us, I realized the first question isn't to ask if it is true.  the first thing that should happen is to look into it before asking questions and giving assesments.

I know this may sound like common sense to many of you, but I am young (22), naive, and I really don't know how the world works (just FULLY realized this today :lol: ).  I must be honest with myself before I can have a better idea on who and what in this world is also honest.

Most of what I have grown up in is lies, and I'm sure many of us here know what I mean.  TV is just one thing, the internet is another.  The root of all this is people and money.  People making money off of the confusion of others.

how many of us see truth?  where do YOU see truth?  how does this apply in your life?

in the word of sclorch "THINK THINK THINK THINK...STUPID IDEA...GO AGAIN"  or something like that :wink:

Thinking about it (duh!) how many of us are REALLY honest with ourselves?  I used to think I was honest with myself till I realized that I first need to pull my head out of my ass so I can actually see the world instead of being held in the confines of my butt (this is where you are supposed to smile :wink: )

if we aren't TRULEY honest with ourselves, then I don't think we will find truth in the world. 

See the thing with me is that I let truth be confused with my desires...and this is a VERY fine line.  I don't know if it is apparent to many of you intelligent folk, but to me it is something to notice.

when an idea comes across and you accept it, is it because you find it true, or is it because you WANT it to.  Give a check on your desires.  Screw that, DOUBLE check.  No...keep going...keep checking..even if you think something is true...keep checking. 

now we have something connected to truth, the idea of EVIDENCE. 

Next is the TYPE of evidence, and the logic behind it.  question that next.

Then question is the author of the evidence, and what their motivations are.  look at ALL the possibilities that you can.  DO this for a while, then ask someone else, as I'm sure as I have been made aware of today, I DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO SEE EVERYTHING.

that why we have each other :grin:

I'm starting from baseline again today...and it is very hard.  My ego doesn't like it BUT TOO BAD SUCKA!!!!!!!!

Here's the thing,  speculation.  What could be?  maybe if it was this way?  speculation is great..but the trouble I found is that it ties in with our desires and analyzing it is good.

What do I want to believe...as opposed to what is actually there?

I was left with this thought while coming down, and despite all the clamour in my head about this and that, the only sound I FOUND TRUTH in was the quiet sound of the wind blowing through the trees.

so where do you find truth?  what does it mean to you?  care to analyze a few with me?  I have to eat right now but I will post more specifics later.       

this is a community I am very happy to be apart of.  instead of posting what I think, I'm going to ask you instead.

truth............................?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
Re: logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusio [Re: kaiowas]
    #2541266 - 04/08/04 11:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Are you saying you experienced HBWR seeds?

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusio [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2541331 - 04/08/04 11:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"Are you saying you experienced HBWR seeds? "

oh......ok.....yep....sure.....uh huh......yep....keep going......what......er.......um..........HUH?

wanna start making a little sense first?  :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2541372 - 04/08/04 11:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I sometimes wonder if I'm missing something to allow me to comprehend what God is. Only once was I convinced I felt the presence of divinity and it was during the most intense psychedelic trip I've ever had. There are no words for it...just awe. I look forward to the next time I have that state of mind.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2541398 - 04/09/04 12:01 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

truth to me is getting back to the raw basics if you will.casting out my own ideas about how "things" should be the "opinions" that the world has put in me thru growing up, it's getting rid of all of the ficades and becomeing a child again.it's learning the truth and living by it that we are truly set free, and it doesnt happen over night it's a process of trail and error.keep on trucking :thumbup:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusio [Re: Viaggio]
    #2541412 - 04/09/04 12:03 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viaggio said:
I sometimes wonder if I'm missing something to allow me to comprehend what God is.  Only once was I convinced I felt the presence of divinity and it was during the most intense psychedelic trip I've ever had.  There are no words for it...just awe.  I look forward to the next time I have that state of mind.

seek and ye shall find :grin:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusio [Re: Viaggio]
    #2541420 - 04/09/04 12:05 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"I sometimes wonder if I'm missing something to allow me to comprehend what God is."

hehehe I think all of us have that missing something :wink:

yeah the awe experiene is rather intense.  is it really divinity?  or is it increased awreness.  maybe total awareness is divinity...speculation speculation speculation.

I had an experience like that, and I ask myself now, is it my desire for divinity or is it really there?  how do you know if it is "god like" if you don't know if you can comprehend god to begin with?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusio [Re: peleg]
    #2541441 - 04/09/04 12:09 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"it's getting rid of all of the ficades and becomeing a child again"

excellent way to describe it because that's how it feels to me right now.

where does your baseline for truth start? where od you see it?

is it in experience?

is it based on feeling?

logic??

a combination??

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusio [Re: kaiowas]
    #2541518 - 04/09/04 12:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

truth comes from the Scource of all living "if you seek you shall find" "if any man has ears let him hear" it's like sharpening your spiritual eyes and ears, it takes work but over a lil time and dedication you'll start reaping the rewards if your faithful

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: logic and truth, breaking out of my self created illusio [Re: peleg]
    #2541564 - 04/09/04 12:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

it's easy to belive a lie but it takes effort to belive the truth, carry that with you and you will do well, it's not a "feeling" per say but just "IS" the truth brings about rejoicing in ones heart when they hear it, and this is a result of truth, or it can bring about heavyness in ones heart 'like ya get shone the light and ya in a spot where ya know ya need to change and it's hard to look at but must be done in order to carry on type thing"

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology