Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinend595

Loc: sri lanka
Another humdity question
    #2540666 - 04/08/04 08:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I?ve been having a lot of trouble with my fruiting chamber. This is my first grow and i decided that since i was going away a lot i would make a PMP. What i?m using so far is a sterlight bin, with weather stripping to make it air tight, a small vent hole in the llid. I make it with lava rocks and after two days i noticed that the humidity isn?t that high. I added water and the rocks just like in the tek. Still the humidity wasn?t very high, there was no condensation on the walls of anywhere. So i tried a clay brick, this didnt? work either. Now i?m using perlite and after three days i?m not getting very much condentsation. There is a little on the tin fiol the cakes are resting on but thats it. I was wondering if i?m doing something wrong, and how i could go about getting the humidity up. The temp inside the bins is around 72-76 F which is a little less than the temp in my room which is set at 78 right now. And the bins are clear with white lids. The hoses are in there pretty tight so no air is coming out there. I?ve tried misting the walls 3 times a day to but still the humidity won?t raise. I can?t think of anything else. Any help would be appreciated. Heres a pic of them.

]

--------------------
"He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death."
-Saki

Everything i say, do, or post is a lie Don't believe a word i say

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Another humdity question [Re: nd595]
    #2540794 - 04/08/04 09:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

condensation is not a sign of humidity,it only shows up when there is a significant difference between the temps inside and outside of your terrariums,as you have said there is only a few degrees difference in your room.

i'd bet my left testicle that there is plenty of humidity in your terrariums.
so just sit back smoke a joint and leave your shrooms to do there thing.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinend595

Loc: sri lanka
Re: Another humdity question [Re: Hanky]
    #2541045 - 04/08/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OK thanks for the response, sorry for stupid question thought condensation was a sign of humidity, guess i should retake science again. :blush:

--------------------
"He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death."
-Saki

Everything i say, do, or post is a lie Don't believe a word i say

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
    #2541361 - 04/08/04 11:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Perlite and water in a tight container will give 99%-100% all the time. Like the man said, you are probably fine!

.fs.

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
    #2541473 - 04/09/04 12:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If you keep the container airtight, wouldn't there be insufficent air for the shrooms to grow? Do you have to like, open it up for a few minutes a day and start fanning into the container?

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2613887 - 04/29/04 01:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nd595 said:
I?ve been having a lot of trouble with my fruiting chamber. This is my first grow and i decided that since i was going away a lot i would make a PMP. What i?m using so far is a sterlight bin, with weather stripping to make it air tight, a small vent hole in the llid. I make it with lava rocks and after two days i noticed that the humidity isn?t that high. I added water and the rocks just like in the tek. Still the humidity wasn?t very high, there was no condensation on the walls of anywhere. So i tried a clay brick, this didnt? work either. Now i?m using perlite and after three days i?m not getting very much condentsation. There is a little on the tin fiol the cakes are resting on but thats it. I was wondering if i?m doing something wrong, and how i could go about getting the humidity up. The temp inside the bins is around 72-76 F which is a little less than the temp in my room which is set at 78 right now. And the bins are clear with white lids. The hoses are in there pretty tight so no air is coming out there. I?ve tried misting the walls 3 times a day to but still the humidity won?t raise. I can?t think of anything else. Any help would be appreciated. Heres a pic of them.

]

do you realize what you just said? why do you need the weather stripping, if you also have a vent hole in the top? don't they kind of defeat the purpose of each other?

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Another humdity question [Re: mycoguy]
    #2614070 - 04/29/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sure your fine with all the ways you've tried. May wanna get a new meter and I bet your problems are solved. Condensation is a sign that it is cooler outside the chamber then inside. Like when you have a cold glass of water.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinepsyborg
psy addict.

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Another humdity question [Re: Magash]
    #2614143 - 04/29/04 02:06 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Usually when I have a glass of ice water the condensation forms on the outside,colder in the inside than the outside. Excuse my ignorant ass.

Invisiblefict
phi
Re: Another humdity question [Re: psyborg]
    #2614565 - 04/29/04 03:46 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This might be bordering on inane / off-topic, since I'm about to talk about glasses of water.

But it strikes me that I rarely look at the walls inside of a glass of water, and I am more prone to notice condensation on the outside of a glass since, after all, that's what my hand is touching. Further, if I were to drink from said glass, water would slide up the inside of the glass, thus removing any condensation which has formed.

In regards to the terrariums and condensation therein:
Condensation forms on the inside walls of your terrarium for two reasons: 1)The air in your terrarium has high water content, and 2)The temperature of your terrarium is likely to be higher than room temperature.

Air in your terrarium is coolest on the terrarium walls, which are cooled by the air in your room. As the air temperature in your terrarium cools, water must be expelled from the air in the form of condensation. Hence, condendsation on the walls of you terrarium.

If you want to infer the relative humidity of your terrarium, you can find the difference between room temperature and the temperature inside your terrarium. If you find that the temperatures are very close, condensation is a sure sign of high rH. If condensation does not form except for when temperatures are very different, your terrarium has low rH.

~fict

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation