Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr.spores
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: audiosnipez]
    #25438223 - 09/05/18 06:02 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

audiosnipez said:
This was a cool thread to read but it left me even more confused.  I guess I am going to give it a try for myself.  If I am micro dosing during the work week II wouldn’t be able to have a 5 gram trip on the weekend, correct?

It's still up in the air for exactly what works with micro dos, all we know is from people's home experiments with them, and there all difrent in some way. U must do it yourself. Also why wouldn't u be able to trip on the weekend?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: West
Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: Mr.spores] * 1
    #25439731 - 09/06/18 10:28 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking there would be a tolerance issue but I guess not. I really wish there was professional research on this because every source says something different.  Personally I think I am going to start with .2 grams twice a week for 2 months.

Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Loc: United Kingdom
    #25440442 - 09/06/18 04:03 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

audiosnipez said:
I was thinking there would be a tolerance issue but I guess not. I really wish there was professional research on this because every source says something different.  Personally I think I am going to start with .2 grams twice a week for 2 months.

That's a fine and dandy place to stay, man.

I believe it is also possible to eat a high dose on a good weekend out of that month.

It's just when One starts eating mushies every single day, is when They will lose magic, quickly.
It takes 2-3 days to regain One's tolerance to psilocybin/psilocin.

Offlinegizmodo
Woodland Creature
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Behind You
Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: heatlessbbq]
    #25440678 - 09/06/18 05:21 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

When microdosing I do not sense a tolerance or loss of effects, some people do though.

--------------------

One must be mindful to maintain their balance on the slippery earth.

Bod's Comprehensive Agar Resource
Gizmodo's Market Stall
Say No To Grow Kits

OfflineMaldozer
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: gizmodo]
    #25440806 - 09/06/18 06:01 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I can't speak for mushrooms but I have a good amount of experience with microdosing mescaline for depression/general & social anxiety starting in 2015. I've tried different frequency patterns and dosages (at one point I microdosed ~40mg white HCL extract everyday for around 4 weeks straight - don't do this) with all sorts of positive and negative effects. At the peak of experience I felt absolutely amazing everyday and like a totally different person - literally the happiest i've been in my entire life. But I've also over indulged and felt sick/poisoned and on the verge of insanity at my low points. Overall, if done correctly the results can be enormous. The effects are only temporary though which should be expected - just like if you stop taking any other anti-depressant. These days I just occasionally eat some good bridgesii because its easy and can feel just as good as an HCL extract. SS02 is a very good material at 30-40g fresh which I found out last week :smile:

Edit: I forgot to mention that regular physical exercise greatly increases the positive effects of microdosing.

Edited by Maldozer (09/06/18 08:08 PM)

Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: Maldozer]
    #25442476 - 09/07/18 11:35 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Maldozer said:
I can't speak for mushrooms but I have a good amount of experience with microdosing mescaline for depression/general & social anxiety starting in 2015. I've tried different frequency patterns and dosages (at one point I microdosed ~40mg white HCL extract everyday for around 4 weeks straight - don't do this) with all sorts of positive and negative effects. At the peak of experience I felt absolutely amazing everyday and like a totally different person - literally the happiest i've been in my entire life. But I've also over indulged and felt sick/poisoned and on the verge of insanity at my low points. Overall, if done correctly the results can be enormous. The effects are only temporary though which should be expected - just like if you stop taking any other anti-depressant. These days I just occasionally eat some good bridgesii because its easy and can feel just as good as an HCL extract. SS02 is a very good material at 30-40g fresh which I found out last week :smile:

Edit: I forgot to mention that regular physical exercise greatly increases the positive effects of microdosing.

Have any teQs on an extraction for My eyes to peer?

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: Maldozer]
    #25465100 - 09/16/18 05:09 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Maldozer said:

Great info!

So if you were to construct a protocol what would it look like?

I am interested in learning more about your dose / freq / and other factors during the phase when you felt like the microdose was very effective

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

#25485965 - 09/24/18 05:04 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

audiosnipez said:

same here

Offlinefluorescent
Unexpected.
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: Proton_California]
    #25486138 - 09/24/18 06:05 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

My initial foray into mushrooms was for the express purpose of alleviating severe, persistent depression. It worked amazingly well. I have been able to go several months before feeling like it was time for another reset. I didn't play around with the doses; first time and lowest dose was 35g wet, largest was 7g dry. The first time produced only happiness and relief, while the larger doses were very cathartic.

My last serious dose (5g dry) was back in July. For a few weeks now, I've been microdosing twice a week. I started out with approx 250mg capsules, but quickly discovered it was more than I wanted for a microdose. I moved to a smaller capsule, and now take right at 100mg. It's enough to feel, but completely manageable. I'm also stacking Lion's Mane and C. militaris.

My plan is to continue microdosing, and to also take large doses intermittently.

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: fluorescent]
    #25486234 - 09/24/18 06:37 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fluorescent said:
My initial foray into mushrooms was for the express purpose of alleviating severe, persistent depression. It worked amazingly well. I have been able to go several months before feeling like it was time for another reset. I didn't play around with the doses; first time and lowest dose was 35g wet, largest was 7g dry. The first time produced only happiness and relief, while the larger doses were very cathartic.

My last serious dose (5g dry) was back in July. For a few weeks now, I've been microdosing twice a week. I started out with approx 250mg capsules, but quickly discovered it was more than I wanted for a microdose. I moved to a smaller capsule, and now take right at 100mg. It's enough to feel, but completely manageable. I'm also stacking Lion's Mane and C. militaris.

My plan is to continue microdosing, and to also take large doses intermittently.

i was hoping someone would discuss the benefits of lions mane... is it that beneficial?

also - in regards to your intial dosage... are you taking that at once or taking the (for example 7 g) over a few hours ?

Offlinefluorescent
Unexpected.
 User Gallery

#25486384 - 09/24/18 07:18 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

For me the lion's mane has been worth it. I can't quantify it, but I perceive that my thoughts are generally clearer and my brain seems to be a little quicker -- both welcome things in a brain that has been abused by depression, migraines, and sleep apnea!

When I take a serious dose, it's all at once. On my very first trip, I did part lemon tekked and ate the rest over a period of just a few minutes. The rest of the times have been all at once (lemon tekked, chugged).

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: fluorescent]
    #25486451 - 09/24/18 07:34 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fluorescent said:
For me the lion's mane has been worth it. I can't quantify it, but I perceive that my thoughts are generally clearer and my brain seems to be a little quicker -- both welcome things in a brain that has been abused by depression, migraines, and sleep apnea!

When I take a serious dose, it's all at once. On my very first trip, I did part lemon tekked and ate the rest over a period of just a few minutes. The rest of the times have been all at once (lemon tekked, chugged).

What are your lion doses and frequency?

I had a sleep disorder that was undiagnosed for years and i am still adjusting to "normal" sleep cycles but i believe that chronic isses with sleep quality over years and years for sure affected my neurotransmitters and overall mood

also - whats lemon tekk?

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25486834 - 09/24/18 10:07 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah,do it.

I found my ideal microdose dose (.2) and did it whenever I felt the need.

That and large doses did wonders

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: Enkidu] * 1
    #25486844 - 09/24/18 10:12 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Also I've done it as frequently as everyday for a month with big doses mixed in and no tolerance noticable.

Also you don't need any studies...

You rely too much on others if you do.

Everyone is different for starters, we all need something different and at different times.

There is no "do it this way and your depression is cured"

You need to eat the mushrooms and listen ymto yourself.

Do what you feel is right, when you feel it is right. Trust yourself and the mushrooms. Just eat them and listen.

Also lemon tek is grinding your cubes and then squeezing fresh lemon juice on top and storing for 15 min then downing.

I wouldn't recommend it.

I did it back when I couldn't get mushrooms when I wanted and was trying to get the most bang from what I had.

Imo there's no reason to do it besides of you have less than your desired dose and want to try to intensify it.

But then imo tea is better for that anyway

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineBoVine
My Silly Aum
 User Gallery

Loc: omw
Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: Enkidu]
    #25487081 - 09/25/18 02:11 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I find this thread fascinating because I am working on something similar. 

My history is that I have been on fluoxetine, an SSRI for 25 years now.  It has been effective at treating my depression and OCD symptoms.  But I have never been happy with the side effects.  Over the years I have weaned myself down at times, trying to get off of it.  But the depression always came back and negatively impacted my life. Then I would go back to my regular dose of 80mg, which is pretty high for this drug.

After reading a lot about the positive effects that psilocybin can have on depression, I have been interested to give it a try.  So, I am back to weaning myself down off of the fluoxetine.  So far I am feeling fine.  I am closely monitoring my moods with a phone app so that I don't slip slowly into depression without noticing.

Just knowing that I may have an all natural substitute for the fluoxetine has been keeping me pretty upbeat and inspired.  I am holding out hope that I will finally be able to be free of that drug once and for all.  My depression tends to be episodic and not chronic.  So I hope that I will be able to go months without anything, and then just occasionally microdose for a while or take a trip a couple times a year.

If my first grow bears fruit, then I will likely have mushrooms available before I have completely weaned myself off of the fluoxetine.  I will probably experiment with small microdoses even if I am not completely off of the fluoxetine.  If I notice nothing, then I will save the rest for when I am completely weaned.

So that is where I am at.  I will let you all know how things go.

--------------------
Bo  Vine

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: BoVine]
    #25487365 - 09/25/18 07:14 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BoVine said:
I find this thread fascinating because I am working on something similar. 

My history is that I have been on fluoxetine, an SSRI for 25 years now.  It has been effective at treating my depression and OCD symptoms.  But I have never been happy with the side effects.  Over the years I have weaned myself down at times, trying to get off of it.  But the depression always came back and negatively impacted my life. Then I would go back to my regular dose of 80mg, which is pretty high for this drug.

After reading a lot about the positive effects that psilocybin can have on depression, I have been interested to give it a try.  So, I am back to weaning myself down off of the fluoxetine.  So far I am feeling fine.  I am closely monitoring my moods with a phone app so that I don't slip slowly into depression without noticing.

Just knowing that I may have an all natural substitute for the fluoxetine has been keeping me pretty upbeat and inspired.  I am holding out hope that I will finally be able to be free of that drug once and for all.  My depression tends to be episodic and not chronic.  So I hope that I will be able to go months without anything, and then just occasionally microdose for a while or take a trip a couple times a year.

If my first grow bears fruit, then I will likely have mushrooms available before I have completely weaned myself off of the fluoxetine.  I will probably experiment with small microdoses even if I am not completely off of the fluoxetine.  If I notice nothing, then I will save the rest for when I am completely weaned.

So that is where I am at.  I will let you all know how things go.

Thats great news!  Keep us posted.  Sending positive vibes your way! 

Thanks for sharing

OfflineBondVillain
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: Mr.spores]
    #25488860 - 09/25/18 06:44 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone had experience using the "third wave" microdosing protocol? A mushroom guide just recommended this site to me.

https://thethirdwave.co/psychedelics/

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #25489728 - 09/26/18 05:21 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

saving

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

Re: Microdosing & Depression Treatment [Re: BondVillain]
    #25491627 - 09/26/18 08:24 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BondVillain said:
Has anyone had experience using the "third wave" microdosing protocol? A mushroom guide just recommended this site to me.

https://thethirdwave.co/psychedelics/

Have you looked into this?  It seems they charge 150 to download their microdosing schedule

Offlinejungleonion
Stranger
    #25491774 - 09/26/18 09:49 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you all that have shared experiences microdosing. I haven't done it but I'm very interested in it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules