Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mr. Flappy Caps]
    #25401078 - 08/20/18 04:43 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Flappy Caps said:
Na only have one, use to have 2 but the other died. Anyway I saved all their shit for the past 2 years fugured I could use it when I was ready. I suppose I’m just going to give it a try and see how it turns out, I’ll make a thread so it’s on the site should be interesting.

I think you just want some kind of poo that isn't too hot, high in nitrogen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mr. Flappy Caps]
    #25401123 - 08/20/18 05:02 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Flappy Caps said:
Quick question can’t find a thread on this one, do you think pans would be able to grow on guinea pig shit after you leech it and mix it- 60% manure, 40% verm, +5% gypsum?

105% is unpossible. Where's the room for the poo?

What do they eat is the question you guys should be asking

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tryptkaloids] * 1
    #25412180 - 08/25/18 10:09 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

FYI, looks like Blue Helix is back...at least for a little while.

Quote:

Blue Helix said:
Hey, I'm here for a bit if any of you still have any questions.  I'll stop in a few times more...

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25411249#25411249

Good knowledge on this post. Explains a lot to me as far as the overlay issues I've been having.

InvisibleChanga Alchemist
Shwift sauce lifeguard
Male User Gallery

Loc: 90+% Rh
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura]
    #25412262 - 08/25/18 10:49 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys. If I wanted to put a tub outside where the humidity is normally about 75-90% and day temperature through September was about 80-85°F and nights were about 60°-70°, would they still do well through the lower end of night temperatures?

--------------------
:ganja::mushroom::mushroom::flyhigh:
:sporedrop:~~~:peyote::sanpedro:~~~:sporedrop:

:chugbeer:

InvisibleZaid
Most Loved Therefore Most Hated
I'm a teapot

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Changa Alchemist]
    #25412281 - 08/25/18 10:58 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Wild Pleurotus Ostreatus - My First Grow Log!

For those of you who :pm:'d me about Paul Stamets silence on portabellos: bodhisatta graciously presents a real answer.

Edited by Zaid (10/11/18 02:27 AM)

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #25412414 - 08/25/18 12:20 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shomann said:
Hey guys. If I wanted to put a tub outside where the humidity is normally about 75-90% and day temperature through September was about 80-85°F and nights were about 60°-70°, would they still do well through the lower end of night temperatures?

My patch is doing alright (albeit slow) and its getting ibto the 40s at night. Last night was 48

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage

Shwift sauce lifeguard
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #25412466 - 08/25/18 12:41 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Word. Thanks man.

--------------------

Offlinemullugh
Stranger
Male
    #25412553 - 08/25/18 01:20 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Made two shoe boxes of pan cyan today. Better fucking work...

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Asura]
    #25418328 - 08/28/18 01:07 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Asura said:
Quote:

mary fairchild said:
Quote:

Xerbia said:
Pan Bis here 4 days after casing. Let it consolidate for 10 days after fully colonizing.

How’s it looking?

Looks like its been cased, looks good- now its wait and see time!

Xerbia, that looks really good. Not that I know how to grow pans, I've just figured out lots
of ways not to grow them :lol: I like the wispy growth I am seeing through the casing and the moisture level.
I think you're going to have success with this.

Unfortunately it never fruited. I think it may have been partially due to inside temps (65-68 degrees at all times)

Ended up putting it out in garden since it's much hotter outside, and in gets a good amount of water from sprinklers. Fingers crossed it fruits outside since I ran out of Pan BI spores

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xerbia]
    #25418364 - 08/28/18 01:48 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Oh sorry to hear that, man.

Yeah, they are finicky about temps. I'm using a heater even though the temps are
high 90's, low 100's during the day. The plumbing underneath my grow room will cool the room to low 70's in the early morning hours.
It's crazy. I've got the room dialed in now where it never drops below 75.

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #25418646 - 08/28/18 07:50 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tryptkaloids said:
Quote:

Shomann said:

My patch is doing alright (albeit slow) and its getting ibto the 40s at night. Last night was 48

Sorry guys. I have a horrible habit of not paying attention to what thread I'm in :facepalm:

--------------------

Shwift sauce lifeguard
Male User Gallery

#25418955 - 08/28/18 10:26 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

What're you saying? That you were referring to a non-pan patch?

--------------------

OfflineFishLevelMidnight
Aquaman
Male User Gallery

#25418967 - 08/28/18 10:33 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

What is the lowest temp to get fruits at? Would low 70s do it?

--------------------

Trade List

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #25418981 - 08/28/18 10:40 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shomann said:
What're you saying? That you were referring to a non-pan patch?

Yep

--------------------

Shwift sauce lifeguard
Male User Gallery

#25419024 - 08/28/18 10:59 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

No worries! I'm sure they'll still do fine. The temp today is 87° F. I plan on spawning them next week. I should have enough warmth in Sept. For a decent first fush. 2 if im lucky. I got 2 gallons of pan.bisporus spawn, so I'm gonna try.

--------------------

InvisibleGerms
Space Force
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: FishLevelMidnight]
    #25419040 - 08/28/18 11:07 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fishermansjc said:

For sure, my first Pan grows were done in my old apartment bedroom where I kept it less than 75 all the time

--------------------

OfflineFishLevelMidnight
Aquaman
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Germs]
    #25419060 - 08/28/18 11:19 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Germs said:
Quote:

fishermansjc said:

For sure, my first Pan grows were done in my old apartment bedroom where I kept it less than 75 all the time

Hell yeah! I got a half quart of spawn a few days from finishing up that I'll do a thin shoebox with.
Planning on letting it fully colonize then consolidate for a week, then case and fruit. I got fruits from my last pan cyan goliath grow but no prints, hoping to change that!

--------------------

Trade List

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: FishLevelMidnight] * 4
    #25422963 - 08/30/18 12:30 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

It's very exciting to see so many people growing Pan Cyans!  I love to grow them and will be presenting a few pictures of my latest grow soon.  Here are a few things I noticed that I think will aid people in getting good yields (I arbitrarily define this as greater than 50% biological efficiency which means you get 50% the weight of the dry substrate in fresh mushrooms). 

First this mushroom will only pin as good as you get the casing to colonize properly.  Pan cyans can have a tendency to overlay, which my up-and-coming thread will talk about and demonstrate what I think causes that.  In a nutshell, overlaid casings happen, I think, due to substrates that are too rich and strong genetics.  Here is a typical partially overlaid casing:

And while those trays did yield well, they lost about 60% of their potential yield due to overlay.  Here're they are:

So the questions might come up (a) what does a good casing run look like and (b) how do I achieve one?  Here is what a well-colonizing casing should look like around day 3 or 4 after laying it:

Notice in each case, the mycelium is running through the casing (often sort of whispy) but it's not forming mats of mycelium on the top.  This is what you want - through but not matting on top. 

How do you make that happen?  Well, first off you have to make sure your substrate isn't more than about 30% on a per dry weight basis grains.  You don't want to ever overfeed pan cyans because they'll just keep growing vegetatively if you do and tend to form overlay, which reduces the pin set.  Secondly, you need to keep the water level in the casing in a happy middle area - not too dry and not dripping wet either.  Third, make sure your casing mix does not contain anything that is nutritive.  A good example is coco coir which is a poor choice for casing Pan Cyans because it is simply too nutritive.

If you do all that, you can enjoy even pinsets and higher yields like in these grows of mine:

Offline99.99
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Blue Helix]
    #25423016 - 08/30/18 01:52 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Helix said:
It's very exciting to see so many people growing Pan Cyans!  I love to grow them and will be presenting a few pictures of my latest grow soon.  Here are a few things I noticed that I think will aid people in getting good yields (I arbitrarily define this as greater than 50% biological efficiency which means you get 50% the weight of the dry substrate in fresh mushrooms). 

First this mushroom will only pin as good as you get the casing to colonize properly.  Pan cyans can have a tendency to overlay, which my up-and-coming thread will talk about and demonstrate what I think causes that.  In a nutshell, overlaid casings happen, I think, due to substrates that are too rich and strong genetics.  Here is a typical partially overlaid casing:

And while those trays did yield well, they lost about 60% of their potential yield due to overlay.  Here're they are:

So the questions might come up (a) what does a good casing run look like and (b) how do I achieve one?  Here is what a well-colonizing casing should look like around day 3 or 4 after laying it:

Notice in each case, the mycelium is running through the casing (often sort of whispy) but it's not forming mats of mycelium on the top.  This is what you want - through but not matting on top. 

How do you make that happen?  Well, first off you have to make sure your substrate isn't more than about 30% on a per dry weight basis grains.  You don't want to ever overfeed pan cyans because they'll just keep growing vegetatively if you do and tend to form overlay, which reduces the pin set.  Secondly, you need to keep the water level in the casing in a happy middle area - not too dry and not dripping wet either.  Third, make sure your casing mix does not contain anything that is nutritive.  A good example is coco coir which is a poor choice for casing Pan Cyans because it is simply too nutritive.

If you do all that, you can enjoy even pinsets and higher yields like in these grows of mine:

OMG SO FANTASTIC...  I had to “the whole post as it deserves to be seen twice

Never new about the whispy aspect to look for after it’s been cased
I also never knew to keep it less than 30% grain,That’s been one of my big problems with overlay

I have three tubs of pan Australian on the third day fruiting now this is what they look like

Edited by 99.99 (08/30/18 02:03 AM)

Offlinemullugh
Stranger
Male
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 99.99]
    #25423095 - 08/30/18 04:46 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Those pictures are fantastic. Are we saying max 30% of the substrate mix should be grain? So 30:70 grain/poo based sub....

I have two shoe boxes about four days old since I boxed them. Can't see any mycelium running yet and they are next to PE boxes that are running like crazy so I'm getting frustrated/impatient.
I have cased in verm/coir 50:50 which is against the above advice (in hindsight).
I've got about 6/7 more gtg jars of the pan cyan culture in the incubator if these two don't work...my goodness though, this is becoming an obsession. I've mastered cubes and stones, I need this! Ha

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom