Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: Peyote Road]
    #23112560 - 04/13/16 09:08 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Quote:

I am not 'demonizing' them because I see through THAT mindcontrol also. IE the whole notions of 'evil demons'. That is the patriarchal thinking which divides 'good' from 'bad'

Yes you are, you are saying patriarchy is bad lol.

Btw he dividing up into opposing categories and the development of the male ego was/is part of the evolution of consciousness on this planet.  "Patriarchal" religions were given to mankind because people had entered into a state of consciousness where they needed this kind of teaching. They are as a much a response to as the cause of the state of affairs of in the world.

Quote:

I just tell like it is and if this causes you distress maybe you shouldn't join discussion where people are going to challenge your beliefs.

Why are you assuming I dont want my beliefs challenged? Because I don't agree with everything you say that must mean I don't want my beliefs challenged and shouldn't join the discussion? Is that what you are saying?

I am not trying to say evil doesn't exist. I am rather saying that a duality between 'good' and 'evil' is the patriarchal thinking, and how it divides and controls.

As explained, a good example is light and darkness. You cannot have one without the other can you? And yet patriarchal myths make out you can and also have the idea that 'light' is against or battles 'darkness'. SEEING that mindcontrol is not me falling into the same trap. It is seeing the source of the psychological trap

If I see that demanding there be a 'masculine' totally separate from a 'feminine' is dualistic, this does not mean I am not now seeing men and women. it means that there is no such thing as an only-male or an only-female. The latter is part of the evil ideas of homophobic people who demand a 'man be a man' and a 'woman be a woman'. Their rigid thinking is putting extremes into opposed categories, and in that type of thinking there is no understanding of dynamic ambiguity.
This is why it created a religion where there can only be wholly evil entities ('demons') and wholly good entities ('angels')

Edited by zzripz (04/13/16 09:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: zzripz]
    #23115148 - 04/14/16 12:25 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yes but you seem to be saying patriarchal thinking is wholly evil.

Quote:

Their rigid thinking is putting extremes into opposed categories, and in that type of thinking there is no understanding of dynamic ambiguity.

And you are also putting extremes into opposed categories, patriarchal = evil and matriarchal = good. That's why I am telling you, the male ego and the dividing up into categories was/is part of our evolution in consciousness and the contrast between this way of thinking and your way, actually sheds more light on human nature than either way by itself.

Quote:

This is why it created a religion where there can only be wholly evil entities ('demons') and wholly good entities ('angels')

There are destroying angels in Christianity, angels which are said to carry out tasks which most people would think were anything but good. And Satan and his host is conceived of being subject to God and performing important tasks also. This might not be talked about much at your average sunday service at your local church, but if you go deep into Christianity you will see the understanding of good and evil is a lot more ambiguous and nuanced then you are implying.

I'd be interested to know what you think of this website: http://www.mother-god.com/ they explain the ancient Mother Goddess view of the universe, but without all the judgement and blame you constantly spew forth.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Edited by Peyote Road (04/14/16 03:03 AM)

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: Peyote Road]
    #23115970 - 04/14/16 07:31 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

you don't see to be able to comprehend, and thus believe in your black and white Christian indoctrinated worldview I am, as you derogatorily put it 'spewing forth' dualistic thinking I am revealing is part of the patriarchal worldview which has 'god' versus 'evil' myths going on

I am tired of trying to explain this to you. Either get it or don't. I want to move on with things.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: zzripz]
    #23117364 - 04/14/16 05:23 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I previously checked out a thread which featured a video talk by Dr Robin Carhart-Harris who is doing scientific investigation of psychedelic experience and their effects on the brain etc, and at the concluding part he also is trying to freak people out about 'recreational psychedelic experience' and has visuals of this freaky person's revolving  head with all faces popping out to emphasize this propaganda against recreational experimentation UNLESS, he warns, it is moderated by an 'expert'. Admittedly he does state that he agrees how psychedelic experience does not have to be always about healing. But it is still a trying to keep psychedelic experience regulated by 'experts' who will 'know best' what's what. Rather than encouraging people to be careful, of course, but to explore whatever they wish un-supervised.

For example, watching TV can be very insightful. often you will spontaneously happen on a programme that really opens your eyes. This is because life, reality itself is intelligence, and if you are a willing explorer things happen that are naturally creative---outpourings of creativity in abundance

the Dr is at beginning of talk explaining what he believes is happening in the brain when one has taken magic mushrooms. He likens what happens to eg an orchestra when the conductor leaves it to its own devices and things become dissonant etc lol
This is a limited analogy in my opinion because it presumes music NEEDS a conductor, or even written music to be music

I remember reading this guitarist who said he had this weird experience with this classically-trained musician. He had learned music by ear, and had wanted to play something with her, her playing piano and him on guitar, but when he played a riff she was lost because she NEEDED printed music on a page. She could just not creatively play with him!!

Jazz ensembles who improvise do not need a conductor, they just creativly interact with the other musician(s)

Although I am not a Jazzer, I feel that spontaneity when I do music when on psychedelics. There is this innate primal awareness of music I feel. Not that I could suddenly play like Jimi Hendrix, but there is this real raw feel for rhythm, and singing, and harmony and creativity
Same with painting, which I have tried. it is like you are the painting in action. All flowing and spontaneous

So to encourage this rather than freaking people out 'ohhh nooo dont go taking psychedelics your self---the bogie man will get ya!!! you will go stark clear crazy'

As far as I am aware, that Dr has himself never taken any psychedelic!

Edited by zzripz (04/15/16 06:54 AM)

OfflineCandyredcaine
Iminterestedinlearningnewthings
Female

Loc: Pennsylvania Flag
Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: filthyknees]
    #25397395 - 08/18/18 11:55 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I truely believe most therapist are sincere and dont think there above patients BUT I had one badexperience with a psychotherapist (msw) I feel we had a strong connection, i truely feel she liked me too much, i do know about transference and coutertransferene and she didn't handle it properly, long story short she ended up leaving and only was giving me one more session, leaving me feeling betrayed,angry,hurt,like i did something for her to leave.I was 39 at the time and serious for the first time on getting tools to life and coping skills to learn instead of all my short comings, addictions, really wanted to blossom, she took that away from me.I'm in college now becoming a therapist bc i could never trust other ones, i tried but my therapists betrayal made me not trust, so i do understand what maybe happened she didn't understand her own transference n it was strong enough for her to leave. I've been in therapy since i was 20 something and she was the first i trusted in twenty yrs so when i thought it was helping me but i look back she had a crush and i did but i kept it professional with her, maybe that was the problem but i wasn't the psychotherapist

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: Candyredcaine]
    #25397407 - 08/19/18 12:00 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Old thread, but a goodie; I'll let it slide.
Did you read the majority of this thing?
It's 6 pages long of dense conversation pieces.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

:alert: Mycology Fundamentals and Misc. Info :mushroom:

:chemistry: Stains, Reagents, and Media :alert:

Tradelist

OfflineCandyredcaine
Female

Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: filthyknees]
    #25397501 - 08/19/18 01:20 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I truely believe most therapist are sincere and dont think there above patients BUT I had one badexperience with a psychotherapist (msw) I feel we had a strong connection, i truely feel she liked me too much, i do know about transference and coutertransferene and she didn't handle it properly, long story short she ended up leaving and only was giving me one more session, leaving me feeling betrayed,angry,hurt,like i did something for her to leave.I was 39 at the time and serious for the first time on getting tools to life and coping skills to learn instead of all my short comings, addictions, really wanted to blossom, she took that away from me.I'm in college now becoming a therapist bc i could never trust other ones, i tried but my therapists betrayal made me not trust, so i do understand what maybe happened she didn't understand her own transference n it was strong enough for her to leave. I've been in therapy since i was 20 something and she was the first i trusted in twenty yrs so when i thought it was helping me but i look back she had a crush and i did but i kept it professional with her, maybe that was the problem but i wasn't the psychotherapist
Do therapist handle transference and coutertransferene
You may choose 2
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (08/18/18 10:19 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

OfflineCandyredcaine
Female

Re: recreational and therapeutic psychedelic experience [Re: BayerPhi]
    #25397502 - 08/19/18 01:22 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Yes i did read most of the posts, i find them so interesting very much

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder