Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission
    #2539453 - 04/08/04 03:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Not one piercing question about actions taken the day of the attacks (unless I missed something - did not read all transcripts).

I can think of a hundred or more that I would like answered. Am I the only curious one?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: Swami]
    #2539525 - 04/08/04 04:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What were you expecting?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: Evolving]
    #2539543 - 04/08/04 04:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

A total cover-up.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2539912 - 04/08/04 05:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

what i saw on television seemed to be a totally contrived show.

they put a very calm, composed Condoleeza Rice up there with a bunch of rabid democrats, who were going out of their way to exaggerate their emotional tone. Then end effect was that Rice looked competant and honest, and all those who had doubts looked like paranoid conspiracy theorists.

although the members of the panel had an extremely harsh tone to their questions, the questions themselves were not that pressing. Most of it seemed to be focused on the "early warnings" from August and September and basically how those warnings were classified in terms of urgency rooted in factual knowledge.

I didn't see any questions asked about the actual day of the attacks and why NORAD was on its ass the whole time.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2539958 - 04/08/04 05:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't see any questions asked about the actual day of the attacks and why NORAD was on its ass the whole time.

That is because that type of question is relevant and SPECIFIC, rather than some vagueness about some past attitude which says little. *coughs whitewash*

Editor's note: DoctorJ and Swami on the same page. This must herald a new age of peace and understanding...

--------------------

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2539965 - 04/08/04 05:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I wanted them to investigate what actually went down on that morning, instead of having the verdict dictated by the FBI and CIA, who refuse to give any evidence for the conclusions they reached regarding the Hijackers and Al Qaeda being responsible. The report sent to congress was rubbish, partially classified, and incomplete. The FBI then put gag orders on all involved in the investigation, including the airlines workers on duty that morning.

This commission only came into existence because a few 911 widows were pestering the White House for an independent investigation into 911, and this was the result. Should we be happy we even got this? Hell no. The fact still remains that YOUR government is telling you who did what, without their being any independent investigation at all.

The White House fought this commission tooth and nail, and finally had to give in when they could not buy off the widows with reparations- like they had with all the other families. What the 911 compensations really did was say: "here, take this and leave us the fuck alone, you've been compensated.? Of course this commission was handpicked by the White House, with some sketchy members, including one that was highly ranked with one of the airlines involved in 911 (if I remember correctly).

Even after George Bush's handpicked commission chose what claims they would look into- completely ignoring anything about the morning of 911- George Bush STILL wouldn't play ball. He refused to testify. Yes, that's right, your forthcoming president who- pretty much- successfully thwarted an independent investigation into what happened on 911, AND picked his own Judge and jury, then refused to testify before the commission. But it appears George Bush undermined all the American people and press that- believe it or not- don't make decisions based on Fox News and White House press releases. The pressure grew for him to testify. So what, now, did your forthcoming president agree to? "I'll testify, but I'll only give one hour of my time for the 3,000 Americans that died that morning." Sound like a man willing to get to the bottom of things? But the pressure grew even more, mostly from the two people on the commission that hadn?t given into the nonsense of Bush?s antics. So he finally agreed to testify, in private, with Dick Cheney by his side! Yep, that?s right; he couldn?t even do it on his own.

What a country we live in, where your government gets to tell you who your enemy is without presenting any evidence -A country where no independent investigations are allowed, and anybody involved in the incident is FORBIDDEN from talking about it to the press -A country where the elected official gets to handpick his own judge and jury -A country where your highest elected official refuses to testify until he?s badgered into doing so on his own circumstances -A country where your president obliterates your constitution?s due process clause, but pleads executive privilege when it comes to explaining how 3000 Americans got murdered on his watch.

What a pitiful congress and electorate that is.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2541389 - 04/08/04 11:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

someone give this guy a pulitzer.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Anonymous

#2541787 - 04/09/04 01:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: ]
    #2542148 - 04/09/04 03:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

way to miss the point.

i'm pretty sure he stated quite
clearly that he was disappointed
by the fact there was no questioning
of the administrations actions the
morning of 9-11.

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2542178 - 04/09/04 04:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, what a contrast.

First we have TrueBrode's impassioned and informed indictment of the corrupt manner in which this Administration is coming to grips (or not) with one the great tragedies in our nation's history, and then, as if to provide comic relief, we have Mr. Mushrooms with a post whose sole purpose is to sling unprovoked invective at another poster--and it ends with a raspberry no less.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park

#2542185 - 04/09/04 04:12 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Oh ya, Hussein was caught. Didn't that end that whole terrorism thing?

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: EchoVortex]
    #2542256 - 04/09/04 04:42 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

he's nuttier than squirrel shit!!

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2542698 - 04/09/04 10:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What did Richard Clarke lie about?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Johnny Price- Marijuana, The Devil Flower

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: No "Real" questions asked by 9/11 Commission [Re: EchoVortex]
    #2542752 - 04/09/04 10:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

as if to provide comic relief, we have Mr. Mushrooms with a post whose sole purpose is to sling unprovoked invective at another poster-

Looks like he's started stalking you Echo  :nut:

I had the same problem with him a while ago. If he keeps it up just have a word with the mods/admins. That usually calms it down for a while.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2544205 - 04/09/04 06:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

at what point did you become such an embarrasment?

oh right.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Political Discussion