Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | Next >
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: tdubz]
    #25287791 - 06/23/18 05:19 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Even non kratom advocates should try and have these bills amended.

These bills are targeted at "synthetic opiates" and other sketchy shit but are worded loosely so they could allow the banning of various plants including kratom.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNumeroEno
I come from the land of lizards
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge Flag
Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: musiclover420]
    #25289258 - 06/24/18 12:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I’ve been gone from the site for a while and haven’t really kept up to date on what’s going on with this now. I was kind of under the impression that kratom hasn’t been in immediate danger of CSA scheduling for a while now. At the same time, there are lots of great bulk deals to be found online and the quality seems to be generally very high. I can’t really go back through this thread to catch up but I’m interested to follow it and see what’s developing now. I haven’t really been getting updates since I realized how much certain vendors were gouging their prices and blocked all their email newsletters.

--------------------

:gd_icon:  Let it grow! Let it grow! Greatly yield!  :gd_icon:
What shall we say, shall we call it by a name
As well to count the angels dancing on a pin
Water bright as the sky from which it came
And the name is on the earth that takes it in

DOG FOOD AGAR

MY ELECTRIC INOCULATION LOOP

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: NumeroEno]
    #25291743 - 06/25/18 08:36 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NumeroEno said:
I’ve been gone from the site for a while and haven’t really kept up to date on what’s going on with this now. I was kind of under the impression that kratom hasn’t been in immediate danger of CSA scheduling for a while now. At the same time, there are lots of great bulk deals to be found online and the quality seems to be generally very high. I can’t really go back through this thread to catch up but I’m interested to follow it and see what’s developing now. I haven’t really been getting updates since I realized how much certain vendors were gouging their prices and blocked all their email newsletters.

Read up on SITSA and the other bills they are trying to pass currently.

Basically they are working on bills to help combat the opiate crisis, these bills are targeted at synthetic opiates but worded very loosely, so they could be used to ban any "opiate" like plants including kratom and coffee.

So right now we are trying to have these bills amended to specifically exclude plants to prevent this, otherwise once they pass they could easily use them to ban kratom.

I don't know all the details but that is my understanding, today is the day for calling your state reps. Just sent both of mine an email and might give them a call too.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25291998 - 06/25/18 10:51 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

The house wants to essentially do a blanket ban on any chemical that affects the opioid receptor sites of a human brain, other than those pharamacuitically approved by the FDA. 

Such discretion gives the DEA and DOJ immense powers they were not originally intended to have.

Edited by tdubz (06/25/18 11:05 PM)

InvisibleNumeroEno
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: tdubz] * 1
    #25292005 - 06/25/18 10:56 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Wow that’s kinda scary. Seems like targeting all the reps that signed the Pocan/Salmon letter and maybe all the senators that signed the Hatch letter would be the way to go. They were strongly opposed enough to the emergency scheduling attempt that they would probably be down to work on this opioid bill. Lumping kratom into the same group as fentanyl is just wrong.

--------------------

DOG FOOD AGAR

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25296448 - 06/28/18 07:10 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25296450 - 06/28/18 07:11 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tdubz said:
The house wants to essentially do a blanket ban on any chemical that affects the opioid receptor sites of a human brain, other than those pharamacuitically approved by the FDA. 

Such discretion gives the DEA and DOJ immense powers they were not originally intended to have.

All fentanyl analogs are already illegal in the US. Even those that dont exist yet...these few new bills are such bad news for any novel psychedelic, and just any opioid too. And for sure, only fentanyl is this dangerous. People need stuff like kratom. Or even weaker opi rc's like Bromadol. Its really the same damn thing as tramadol, safer really IMO

Theres a bill floating around now almost getting passed already with a whole new "Schedule A". As if schedule 1 wasnt enough. Luckily its got some* limits, like the fact that possession is not a crime and its a temporary ban. But it can def be a repeat of the 2cx/methylone situation in 2011 or so

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: Fractal420] * 2
    #25362110 - 08/02/18 12:32 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

AKA update.

EXPOSED: Mistakenly Released FDA Documents

Expose Pervasive FDA Bias Against Kratom

JOIN THE FIGHT - DONATE
Kratom Warriors:

You cannot pick up a newspaper or hear a news report out of Washington, DC that does not expose the bias held by rogue individuals within our government.

All of that is mind-boggling because Americans have the right to trust their government.

And that includes the FDA.

You and I know the FDA has been waging a false war against kratom, and they are trying to make anyone who uses it into a criminal.

But the AKA has been provided shocking documents from email conversations between FDA staffers that apparently were mistakenly released to a kratom vendor.  The documents were supposed to be routine updates on the status of a large amount of kratom that had been seized under the FDA's Import Alert in 2016.

But I can tell you, this update was anything but routine.

The FDA staff, who are required by law to be fair, objective, and free from bias -- showed they are horribly biased against kratom.  In fact, these documents show how deep and wide the bias in the FDA is against kratom.

FDA Commissioner Gottlieb's bias has infected the entire bureaucracy at the FDA.

Here's the proof:

On July 12, 2018, an FDA staffer sends an email to a superior and asks if she will "create work assignments" so they can conduct additional tests on seized kratom being held under the Import Alert.

What followed was incredible: 

". . . hopefully it will test positive and can get a voluntary destruction."

But that is not all!

The FDA staff confirmed that the required testing to justify the original seizure "confirmed the product to be kratom."

That is all that is legally required under the Import Alert.

But then the staff points out the testing did not include microbiology testing.

That is the FDA standard for testing foods for contaminants.  It is not a test that is typically done under Import Alert seizures.

Then the key question: 

"We are testing for micro?"

This seizure of kratom was supposed to protect the public from kratom that the FDA has demonized since its first Import Alert on 2012.

But then the FDA staffer showed the deep and pervasive bias against kratom itself: 

". . .hopefully linking this product to the ongoing outbreak of Salmonella ."

This from the government agency that is supposed to be about science, and about protecting consumers.

The law requires the FDA to act on science, without bias.

The FDA's mission is not to go on witch-hunts against safe botanicals like kratom.

I admit I am beyond angry -- I am beyond furious -- I am utterly speechless about this obvious bias at the FDA against kratom.

But I want to fight back.

We need our team of lawyers to examine these documents and provide a plan of action to fight FDA Commissioner Gottlieb on the credibility of their War on kratom.

Then, we need to spread this message far and wide to every media outlet in America.  I want to hire a public relations firm to help with that effort.

Finally, I want every member of Congress to see this evidence.

Will you help me do this?

We need your help to raise the money to fund this important effort.

Together, we can win this war, but only if you help today!

When we have stood together before, we have been successful.

So I am asking for your help today.  I am deeply grateful for all of the help you have provided in the past.

And I am honored today to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you to fight this battle.

Let's expose the FDA bias together.

I am asking you give whatever you can to take this battle right to FDA Commissioner's front door.

And trust me, I will be knocking very loudly.

You can count on that -- AND SO CAN FDA COMMISSIONER GOTTLIEB!

Sincerely,

Dave Herman

Chairman, AKA

#teamAKA  #followthescience  #educatingthemasses

JOIN THE FIGHT - DONATE
American Kratom Association
5501 Merchants View Square #202
Haymarket, VA 20169

support@americankratom.org

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser

Manage Subscription

Very interesting!  Upsetting what the FDA will do for greed!
Show quoted text

Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
    #25365362 - 08/03/18 09:35 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I was going to post this, too. 

Would state it unbelievable, but sadly I'm not surprised..

--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: birdeatingspider] * 1
    #25365677 - 08/04/18 02:18 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I heard kratom is finally getting some positive attention somewhere

Oh yeah its on the front page. NIDA of all people/organizations. I also dont think SITSA is gonna pass senate and become law

People dont trust sessions with drug policy. Every state pretty much, even places like texas. Even on govtrack it says "or will this give sessions too much power?" Ive never come across a real pro-SITSA article. Just "say no to SITSA"

NIDA on Kratom: In a recent update of its official position on the botanical kratom, the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) affirmed that, "Kratom by itself is not associated with fatal overdose," explaining that only when the natural ingredient is contaminated or "laced with other compounds" has it been associated with death.

NIDA's position clarifies that natural kratom does not present a public health risk, and the FDA already has statutory authority to seize all dangerous adulterated and counterfeit products. "The American Kratom Association joins the three to five million American consumers who safely use kratom, as well as the healthcare professionals and government leaders who support kratom in its natural form, in calling upon the FDA to follow the science, to allow consumer access to the natural botanical, and to use its efforts and energy to go after those who lace it illegally," said Herman. "We respectfully request that acting DEA Administrator Uttam Dhillon formally reject the FDA recommendation for the scheduling of kratom and return it to the FDA for immediate regulatory action against adulterated counterfeit kratom products. This may require a little more effort on behalf of the FDA, but it is consistent with the science. It is the right thing to do. And it will put to an end to the threat of criminalizing the actions of millions of Americans who rely on kratom for their health and well-being."

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (08/04/18 02:26 AM)

InvisibleNumeroEno
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: Fractal420] * 2
    #25366091 - 08/04/18 09:44 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah Sessions is a fucking clown and almost everyone knows it. Most people do not want the war on drugs to ramp back up. Most people don’t want to see our prisons full of nonviolent offenders busted for possession. Fuck Sessions in the ass with a cactus.

--------------------

DOG FOOD AGAR

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25367542 - 08/05/18 03:12 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think sessions is a rogue in this scenario. I mean def most people disagree with his ways but his approach to "stopping gangs, drugs, and immigration"...regardless of the few medical marijuana comments that trump made, his whole policy is basically the same... "theyre crossing the border, bringing drugs and crime, blahblah". Trump could have ordered sessions to back off the legal weed shit completely but i think they wanna appear like theyre doing something about drugs which in people's minds links to the opioid crisis and being "tough on crime"

When sessions is alone in wanting something done, itll never happen. SITSA is a weird one because it wasnt proposed by sessions but it gives him all the power. But for that reason, i dont think itll pass. Hes not exactly trusted to just criminalize whatever he wants. People who just take or produce vitamins are even worried about SITSA

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #25372977 - 08/07/18 05:17 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad it came out, I had a conspiracy theory from the beginning of the outbreak and felt it could be done to hurt the promotion of the plant. Now look the FDA and CDC are plagued with outbreaks spanning all kinds of food, karma is a bitch.

Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

#25390883 - 08/15/18 06:54 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Doesn't look like anyone shared the latest from AKA:

Quote:

WASHINGTON, DC – August 14, 2018 – Peer-reviewed documentation concerning 44 deaths that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cited to persuade the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to place natural kratom on the Federal Government’s Schedule 1 list of illegal substances disclose errors and omissions on the part of the FDA that the American Kratom Association (AKA) claims can only be seen as “deliberate.”

In a detailed white paper released today, AKA scientists and attorneys claim, “The FDA has also misled the DEA, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) with incomplete, inaccurate, extrapolated, and distorted information on adverse events and deaths allegedly associated with the use of kratom to encourage unwarranted legislative and regulatory restrictions on kratom at the federal, state, and local government levels.”

Among the most significant claims, the AKA offers evidence of duplicated case reports, omissions of “cause of death” conclusions and inaccurate autopsy and toxicology reports, as well as redacted statements from experts contradicting FDA claims.  According to AKA, the FDA reports that associate kratom use with 44 deaths are so “poorly documented they could not pass basic standards for publication in any credible scientific journal, even as a letter or comment.”

The most egregious examples cited by AKA include cases where:

•    The FDA failed to adequately disclose and account for material facts from the peer-reviewed Case Report of nine deaths in Sweden that were published in 2011 in the Journal of Analytical Toxicology.  That report concluded the deaths were actually the result of adulteration of kratom powder with a toxic dose of O-desmethyltramadol.

•    Two deaths claimed in the documents released by the FDA are the same death reported twice (FAERS ID No. 14449343 and FAERS ID No. 14254346).

•    Other deaths were from abuse of loperamide (FAERS ID Nos. 12665823 and 12665824), heroin (FAERS ID No. 174035), acetaminophen (FAERS ID No. 14554565), and other drugs or drug cocktails.

•    The FDA stripped source data (FAERS ID No. 14449343) that cited U-47700 (PINK) as the primary cause of death, when kratom was listed as the fifth of six substances in the toxicology report.

•    The FDA even attributed suicides (FAERS ID No. 14554565 and FAERS ID No. 12639556); a homicide, with a gunshot wound to the chest (FAERS ID No. 12639316); cardiac arrhythmia while swimming (FAERS ID No. 191303); deep vein thrombosis (FAERS ID No. 12639594), and the fall from a window (FAERS ID No. 1342166) to kratom.

“Not only is the FDA’s effort to frame kratom as a culprit in these otherwise unrelated deaths sloppy and lacking in scientific integrity, but one can only conclude that it has been done deliberately,” said Dave Herman, Chairman of the AKA.  “We invite those who want the truth to go to our white paper, get the information, and join us in our demand that the FDA follow the science.”

According to the AKA, none of the FDA reported 44 deaths document any specific cause that is consistent among the cases that can be linked specifically to kratom; a vast majority of the cases document polydrug use by the decedent and, in a few cases, the possible use of adulterated kratom products.  In most cases, the cumulative contributions of multiple drugs and interactions between drugs are not even considered by FDA.

“The DEA, CDC, and NIDA depend on the FDA for accurate information,” said Herman.  “This misinformation has already resulted in bans on kratom in six states and in a number of local jurisdictions.  Likewise, it creates a completely unjustified bias against kratom by law enforcement officers, coroners and medical examiners, and state prosecuting attorneys’ groups.  We call on the FDA to make this right.”

Among measures requested by the AKA, the FDA must:

•    review the FAERS database to ensure complete and accurate records of all source documents;
•    reevaluate and revise its kratom-related policies based on corrected and accurate scientific evidence;
•    work with the DEA, CDC, and NIDA to update policy documents to reflect accurate and unbiased assessment of the risks of kratom use;
•    immediately lift the current Import Alert on kratom;
•    rescind its November 14, 2017 Public Health Advisory on kratom; and,
•    commence appropriate enforcement action against companies and individuals who are producing adulterated kratom products that pose a real and present danger to the public.

In addition, the AKA calls upon the DEA to reject the FDA’s 8-Factor Analysis and scheduling recommendation and return it to FDA for a full scientific reanalysis of the data and conclusions in that submission.
https://www.americankratom.org/fda-fails

I would claim this unbelievable, yet I'm not all surprised.

--------------------

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: birdeatingspider] * 2
    #25394145 - 08/17/18 09:43 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

New Kratom petition to the DEA head by the AKA: please sign and support the fight for kratom to remain legal!

https://americankratom.salsalabs.org/fdaadministratoruttamdhilloncopy1/index.html

Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

#25411778 - 08/25/18 06:17 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Just passing along the latest:

Quote:

More than 40,000 Americans Petition DEA in Support of Kratom

Natural Substance Supported by Five Million
People in the U.S. for Safe Pain Relief

WASHINGTON, D.C.—August 23, 2018—The American Kratom Association submitted an eleven-page letter and a petition signed by more than 40,000 Americans asking the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to keep the current regulatory structure in place for kratom, a natural botanical in the coffee family native to Southeast Asia.

The petition is in response to recent effort by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to pressure the DEA to place kratom on the Schedule I substance list.  That action would place the naturally grown plants’ product in the same legal category as narcotics such as heroin, LSD, and cocaine. The FDA claims 44 deaths have been associated with the use of kratom worldwide over a nine-year period.

The American Kratom Association’s letter rejects the claim, noting that in all cases cited by the FDA, other circumstances, such as adulterated additives, were the actual cause of the deaths.

Highlighting a report by Dr. Jane Babin, who is both a molecular biologist and an attorney, the letter quotes from her recent white paper titled “FDA Fails to Follow the Science,” which states:

“The FDA did not independently verify or perform any due diligence on the death reports, and worse, FDA’s own documents indicate that every reported case involved other factors. With no direct investigation by the FDA, and a clearly unprofessional review, those case reports are riddled with significant credibility issues. In addition, there are serious errors and omissions between the source reports and the data entered into the FDA FAERS database by FDA that are either deliberate, or so incredibly unskilled as to call into question the validity of any conclusions made by the FDA.”

Advocates for kratom note that it has been used safely for centuries in the countries where it is indigenous. Natives often chew fresh leaves while those in western countries crush the leaves and use kratom as a tea for pain relief.

On Tuesday the association held an online press conference in which they called for the FDA to take action against those who have manufactured adulterated kratom products. The association also announced its “Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards for the Manufacture of Kratom Products” to provide specific guidance to kratom manufacturers and vendors. 

The AKA’s petition notes the FDA’s recent claim that kratom use is a gateway to the use of opioids, or the contributor for addiction to opioids, “has no credible science to support that claim. In fact, the science and survey data on kratom use by those who use kratom as a safe alternative pain management option directly contradicts the FDA’s claims"

Bravo, Dave Herman & AKA!:congrats:

--------------------

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: birdeatingspider] * 1
    #25429230 - 09/01/18 07:08 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

AKA update:

Dear Kratom Warriors:

I just hung up from an interview with a journalist about the spate of rumors that had been circulating in Washington, D.C. that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) was likely going to announce a Notice of Scheduling for kratom on August 31, 2018.

While those rumors proved to be untrue, thankfully, these journalists focused on what the AKA expects will happen on the scheduling issue, and one reporter focused on a tweet posted by a former AKA official that he interpreted to be a self-serving attempt to claim credit for herself or the AKA for the success in 2016 in convincing the DEA to withdraw their Notice of Scheduling of kratom.

The question itself gave me pause, because I have personally never thought in terms of one individual or one organization being in a position to legitimately claim that anything they did, or anything an organization did, being the reason for the DEA decision.

In my mind, it was the power of 145,906 kratom supporters who signed the “We the People” White House petition to then President Barack Obama; the more than 6,000 kratom supporters who wrote to the DEA expressing their opposition to the proposed scheduling of kratom when it was published on August 31, 2016 (despite the fact there was not even a formal comment period permitted under an Emergency Scheduling Notice); the more than 60 members of the U.S.

Congress who wrote to the DEA and encouraged them to withdraw the Notice to Schedule Kratom; and the 23,232 comments (99% of which supported maintaining the legality of kratom) that convinced the DEA to reject the Emergency Scheduling proposal from the FDA. From that perspective, there simply is no room for any one individual to thump their chest and claim credit for what was only accomplished by the efforts of tens of thousands of kratom advocates.

It is that collective effort that was determinative in preserving and protecting consumer access to kratom. To suggest otherwise is to diminish us all and, more importantly, devalues the merit of the public policy argument that Americans should have the freedom to make their own personal decisions about the dietary ingredients they choose to safely consume to maintain their own health and well-being.

As I personally reflect on the magnificent effort that has been expended to protect kratom by each of you, my only instinct is to express my sincere gratitude to each one of you who truly do deserve credit.

There are many, many heroes among the kratom warriors who are deserving of the thanks and appreciation of a grateful movement to protect this plant. I have often told the AKA Board of Directors how much I respect the hours of work they put forth, and their obvious dedication to this cause.  But the plain truth is it certainly is not just the AKA Board who is deserving of these accolades.

There are other advocacy organizations who gave their hearts and souls to this effort, and each is owed a measure of appreciation for their selfless commitment to our shared goals.

One of the challenges I faced when I became the Chairman of the AKA was to change the culture of the organization so that our focus was on motivating the tens of thousands of kratom advocates to join our cause, not seeking self-serving adulation for what had been accomplished in the past.

It is likely that the vast majority of the kratom community does not know the names of any of the individuals who serve on the AKA Board of Directors.

I sincerely hope that not many know my name individually – other than Commissioner Scott Gottlieb with whom I hope to have a very personal conversation with soon.

Every time I speak to a reporter, I emphasize strongly that the AKA is a grassroots movement that represents the interests of nearly 5 million people who consume kratom in the United States.

Our cause is not about any one individual, our story is not about any one personal journey from which a benefit was achieved from using kratom, but it is about the principles that underpin our democracy and that require fair treatment by government regulators of access to a plant that is safe and beneficial to those who choose to consume it.

Our story is about defending against a rogue government agency that uses its power to stomp on the rights of citizens.

For my part, I choose to recognize the anniversary of the DEA Notice of Intent to Schedule kratom as a date when the fight to protect the freedom of kratom consumers actually began, and I will look to a day of celebration that will come only when the DEA agrees to reject the FDA recommendation on kratom Scheduling and tells the FDA to focus its efforts on appropriate regulations to get rid of adulterated and dangerous kratom counterfeited products to protect the public safety and allow for the safe use of products derived from the natural kratom plant. 

Until then, we continue to fight, keep our heads down, and focus on the most important goal we share, keeping kratom legal.

With my gratitude and deeply personal respect to each one of you,

Dave Herman

Chairman, AKA

Haymarket, VA 20169

Manage Subscription

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25441777 - 09/07/18 04:43 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

And all the anti-SITSA websites helped, im sure, since no one wanted jeff sessions to have his own "schedule A". Even on govtrack it said "will this give sessions too much power?" The main people fighting this law are drug policy workers (such as DPA) and since people dont usually admit to buying/using RC's, its mainly the kratom users that stood against SITSA. But this is very, very broad territory. From Kratom to any substance sessions doesnt like.

What i wonder, now that trump has basically hinted sessions will be gone by november, is if we will get an even worse AG, or maybe itll be someone chill (at least as far as prohibition)

Literally called sessions a "mentally retarded dumb southerner"

In "Fear," which is sourced from a number of current and former senior White House officials, Woodward describes Trump disparaging Attorney General Jeff Sessions, according to The Post. Woodward's sources recounted Trump making pointed remarks, such as "mentally retarded" and "dumb Southerner," and claimed Trump mocked the attorney general's southern twang behind his back.

(Lol)

"He couldn't even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama," Trump said <sessions was considered too racist to be a senator before he became AG by piggybacking

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (09/07/18 04:50 AM)

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Take Action to Stop the DEA from Scheduling Kratom [Re: Fractal420] * 3
    #25489418 - 09/25/18 11:10 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

AKA update:

Dear Kratom Warriors,

Our lobbyist just called, so I wanted to share with you the great news....because of your outreach over the last few days, the Senate has stood firm and decided that SITSA WILL NOT be added to the other opioid legislation. 

I have been truly humbled as I've seen the outpouring of action from the kratom community.  With thousands of emails and phone calls flooding Capitol Hill, you sent a loud message to lawmakers that they needed to oppose SITSA - and your voices were heard.

Earlier this evening I spoke with a staff member on the Hill who commented that they were shocked how many people reached out to the Senate about kratom.

His exact words, "the kratom folks sure know how to fight."

He's absolutely right.

While this is a very positive development in the fight to protect kratom, we cannot lose focus that enemies of kratom still want it banned.  We must keep up the pressure and let lawmakers know we will not give up. 

From the whole team at the American Kratom Association, I want to personally thank you for your swift action in helping defeat the inclusion of SITSA....today has been a good day in the fight to protect kratom.

Sincerely,

Dave Herman

Chairman

Haymarket, VA 20169

Follow Us

Manage Subscription

Thanks to those who donated, called their Senators, contacted them on social media, whatever you did it worked, even if it was just spreading the benefits of kratom to those who did not know about it.

A truely sacred plant :kratom:

Edited by tdubz (09/25/18 11:33 PM)

Offlinepslyke
fantasmagoric
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #25489646 - 09/26/18 04:14 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Good stuff!

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

:kratom:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale