Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefurlovingdal
Stranger
bad trip
    #2538883 - 04/08/04 01:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well yesterday me and my friend picked a whole crap load of shrooms in the local field. We waited until like 1-2a.m. to take em... for some reason. I kept thinking i wasnt trippin, and dont remember how much i took. I kept saying "this isnt working" then all of a sudden in his room it hit us. And it wasnt cool. Like a huge wave of depression and fears hit. It was like i was set aside and shown all the bad things in my life. I was freaking out. I kept trying to come down but couldnt. I endedup up running home about 6a.m. and was still tripping hard, but now by myself. (horrible idea) i got so scared and didnt know what to do. I wanted to start crying. then i went to my friends room and knocked and I talked to him for a while. Trying to figure out what reality was. then i went and threw up. I threw up so many shroom pieces, they werent ever dissolved in my stomach yet. I was like. "NO!" because I was sure i would trip forever. I wanted to cry so bad, my life was going to be an eternal bad trip. All my love, and friends were to go away. It was the worst feeling ever. My friend talked me down for a while and I fell asleep. I woke up a little earlier, and and still odd feeling but not tripping hard. I made a realization about my life and everything in it. I was saddened I needed a chemical to see this. I wrote down, in the middle of my trip my feelings. "I am insane, I'm going to die, this is forever. I am so sad. I hate drugs, y cant I be happy?" But after this I dont want to do drugs ever again. unlike before when i used to take "breaks" never again. sigh... man, that was f-ing crazy. I dont wish that on anyone

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: bad trip [Re: furlovingdal]
    #2539010 - 04/08/04 01:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

only the ego knows pain and suffering.. had you just laid down and not fed into all of the negative aspects of your life and let the love that was jus waiting to be felt from within take hold of you and heal you of your burdens you would have had probably the best experience up to that point in your life. The ego is an ugly beast, it wasnt the shrooms, it was your ego man, you just did not let go, you held on to "reality" which is just an illusion anyways, all of your pain, is just an illusion, but you wanted to hang onto it rather than realize the real truth, that there is no pain, there is no suffering, all there is....is the love you wish you felt!

dont let your ego give shroomies a bad rep, id say next time know why your taking shrooms and everyting will go much better. They definitely will totally kick u in teh nuts if your just abusing them, they are sacred.

OfflineTaoIsNow
Rookie

Loc: S'toon, Sask, Canada
    #2542177 - 04/09/04 04:07 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've experienced a bad trip as well somewhat recently and i felt almost the exact same way. I'm naturally an anxious person and i got overwhelmed, worried my trip was going to never end and i was going to die or something, convinced utterly that i was experiencing the same sensation everyone does before they go. My friend managed to calm me down, and as soon as i decided that my mind just snapped and my trip did a complete 180 and i started laughing.

Just respect the shroom, be in a happy environment around good people and everything'll be fine, hope you aren't turned off shrooms for good. My bad trip just helped me experience how sacred and precious a good trip is.

--------------------
"Littering and..... Littering and..... Littering And...."

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2542578 - 04/09/04 09:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

"I am insane, I'm going to die, this is forever. I am so sad. I hate drugs, y cant I be happy?" But after this I dont want to do drugs ever again. unlike before when i used to take "breaks" never again. sigh... man

i've said that shit a lot of times after a "bad" mushroom trip when i was younger like 15-16 years old. "i'm never fuckin trippin again" then after a few days or weeks depending, i'd be eating more shrooms :tongue: at the time it seems like just a completely meaningless experience in which i just feel like shit and like i am/about to die, really scared and not thinking i'll be normal again. it takes some reflecting to get anything out of it imo. nowadays i can't have those kinda trips that just completly scare the shit out of me like i did back then (only 2-3 years ago) like that other guy said you learn how to let go and there is no longer such thing as a bad trip. :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Anonymous

Re: bad trip [Re: TaoIsNow]
    #2543097 - 04/09/04 01:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

worried my trip was going to never end

oh yeah, the ego also creates time and space, more illusions

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: bad trip [Re: ]
    #2545687 - 04/10/04 02:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oh yeah, the ego also creates time and space, more illusions

Yeah. No one ages and you don't have to be to work at 8:30 AM Monday morning. Be sure to tell your boss about the illusion thingy. Tell 'em how some stranger on a drug board told you it was OK and when you get fired and can't pay your bills, remember that the anguish that you feel is all ego-based illusion.  :headbang:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTurnpikeGates
Re: bad trip [Re: Swami]
    #2546146 - 04/10/04 10:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Swami: I know you're at least semi-joking, and by your post count alone I'm assuming you have a lot of experience with mushrooms (which might be a mistake). Honestly though, can you use hallucinogens without at least understanding that at its core, what Kottonmouth is saying is true? I think there are like plateaus of spiritual (poor term, the best I can come up with) understanding, and it starts with being able to agree with peace/love/ego/blah blah talk on a surface level without really thinking about it. The second level is being cynical and dismissing it because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with your everyday life; it's not pragmatic. The third level is accepting it as truth, whether or not you incorporate that into your daily life. And the fourth (I'm not there yet) is actually taking that knowledge and building your life around it.
In any case, maybe I'm being presumptuous, and I'm certainly no sage, but I get the feeling (unless you're completely joking and your post doesn't represent the way you truly feel) that you're at that second level. If that's the case, I'd take some more shrooms, read some philosophical/religious texts (especially buddhist/daoist/existentialist stuff) and try not to look at everything from your socially constructed point of view... strip it away and see what really is.

I truly apologize for preaching, and for misreading you if I did, and for sounding arrogant if I do. I know I don't know everything, and I know my way of moving through life may not be the best or right way... I just got this feeling from your post that made me respond. Anyway, I'd like to hear what you have to say, and again, sorry if I sound like a smug dick.

Edited by TurnpikeGates (04/10/04 11:33 AM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: bad trip [Re: ]
    #2547131 - 04/10/04 10:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said:
had you just laid down and not fed into all of the negative aspects of your life and let the love that was jus waiting to be felt from within take hold of you and heal you of your burdens you would have had probably the best experience up to that point in your life.

easier said than done.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineCasualtiesskate
Stranger
Re: bad trip [Re: TODAY]
    #5854819 - 07/13/06 04:06 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I remember looking at that dali picture above while on acid. I got lost in it, its like looking into a different world. I love dali. Haha.

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: bad trip [Re: Casualtiesskate]
    #5854847 - 07/13/06 04:14 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Weird!  My friend has that same Dali poster in his room, and when I was tripping on acid for the first time I focused on it for minutes.... strange you say that :smile:

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #5855309 - 07/13/06 07:03 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

It's hard to give advice on posts like these. Basically they're all the same - a description of a bad trip, and a cursing of the drugs.

We don't know your current life situation, what type of person you are, what your views are on anything really.

I get the impression you were looking to get something specific from the mushrooms without regard to what might happen if you didn't? You have to realize you CAN steer a bad trip back into a good one. 99% of the time it's just your ego, and it would do you good to just let go next time.

This is not weed or alcohol people. This experience will probably CHANGE YOU and challenge all of your lifelong ideas, and if you're not willing to accept that then don't partake, period.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: bad trip [Re: kake]
    #5855680 - 07/13/06 09:07 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Am I too harsh?

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: bad trip [Re: kake]
    #5856983 - 07/14/06 06:16 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

The post is two years old, so...Yes. :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience