Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere North of Normal
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: jslim180]
    #17999061 - 03/23/13 12:00 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

MSG, being a salt, dissociates into Na+ and glutamic acid - which is a totally normal amino acid. You have the components of the stuff in your body all the time. Chinese Restaurant Syndrome is most likely a result of idiots eating too many carbs and too much salt all at once.

"Results of surveys and of clinical challenges with MSG in the general population reveal no evidence of untoward effects. We recently conducted a multicenter DBPC challenge study in 130 subjects (the largest to date) to analyze the response of subjects who report symptoms from ingesting MSG. The results suggest that large doses of MSG given without food may elicit more symptoms than a placebo in individuals who believe that they react adversely to MSG. However, the frequency of the responses was low and the responses reported were inconsistent and were not reproducible. The responses were not observed when MSG was given with food." http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/4/1058.long

Edited by NizzyJones (03/23/13 12:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: NizzyJones]
    #18448061 - 06/20/13 04:38 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Just a thought: If you guys really want to check whether this brew is indeed psychoactive as a result of GHB, just make the liquor, then evaporate/distill off all of the ethanol.

Ethanol has a low boiling point, GHB and GBL on the other hand have quite high boiling points. If you distill or evaporate all of the liquor, then consume the remains (which will be nasty I know, but that hasn't seemed to stop anyone thus far.) and it still causes effects, we shall know, for sure, that the brew is indeed psychoactive due to the presence of GHB/GBL. Or if not, that it's psychoactive for some reason we don't yet know anyways :p

So yeah, if we really want to know whether this crap is true, just boil out that ethanol and let's really see :smile:

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: Asante]
    #18662340 - 08/05/13 06:49 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

4L of blackberry wine on the make, 1g MSG/L we'll see how it turns out!

--------------------
]

OfflineSoheiltb
Stranger
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: Wysefool]
    #18735403 - 08/21/13 01:19 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Really interesting but what happend to the trend ? Was it a myth?

Invisibleinfected_2

Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: Soheiltb]
    #18738079 - 08/21/13 03:20 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Could someone who's brewed some up already do a reagent test for GHB and confirm it's present? Has anyone posted about doing this yet?

http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/WO2005088297A1/imgf000007_0001.png
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/534475-GHB-reagent

Offlineslim314
Stranger
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: infected_2]
    #21612801 - 04/29/15 10:26 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

What do you think about using water kefir grains instead of yeast?  The typical alcohol is around .5%.

OfflineHoloduke
Stranger
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: slim314]
    #24382021 - 06/06/17 10:45 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Allright so everybody know it didn't worked.

In my local newspaper there was an article about a PhD guy who's gonna study it. He claimed that he know someone who has been able to do it.
Une bière qui fait planer découverte par hasard | Philippe Mercure ...

Now, i spend the week reading eveything about MSG fermentation. I think he might have tried to produce sour beer, which use Lactobacillus. It appears that Lactobacillus can transform MSG into GABA, so it might be a starting point.

Also, the type of yest could play a role. It seems that Cerebromyces has different activity towars MSG than brewing yeast.

Edited by Holoduke (06/06/17 10:48 AM)

OfflineSherBrew
Stranger
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: Holoduke]
    #25016448 - 02/23/18 03:43 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Started two identical 1 gallon batches of cider, one with 4g of MSG, one without it.

I have some friends that will volunteer to test the effects, they won't know which one they will get. Will report later!

OfflineM44
Ballbagasaurus

Loc: Up the woowaa
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: SherBrew] * 2
    #25382530 - 08/11/18 09:12 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

So I finally tried the cider that I brewed sometime around 9-12 months ago. The recipe was 3L apple juice,
500g dextrose,
3.5 tsp msg,
Champagne yeast.
Upon opening and pouring the bottle I thought it was flat as there didn't seem to be any bubbles, but sitting in the glass a minute or so lots of little bubbles appeared, I put this down to the champagne yeast, and the carbonation was fine.
I had 2 small sips, it had a slight sour taste but not unlike a hard cider without msg in it. I felt an instant relaxation and release of tension in my shoulders, maybe I was trying to notice effects of ghb, but I certainly don't feel that after taking 2 sips of beer.

After the first glass i was feeling pretty drunk, after the second I was scientifically hammered. It was a 745ml bottle, I have never been that drunk from that amount of liquid, beer or wine. Now I didn't feel the high feeling you get from having a shot of gbl but there was definitely something different which I can't quite put my finger on. I have made various beers, flower wines, and ciders over the years, of different strengths and this would have to be at the top and I don't think that it was all in the abv. I didn't take any gravity measurements (I stopped doing that years ago) so I can't say what it would be, my only guess based the sugar content and yeast used, no more than 14%.

I put this test down to a success, it's not something you would want to drink a lot of, it really does knock your socks off, well it did mine.

How was the experiences of others that tried it?

--------------------
... White trash get down on your knees...
... It's time for cake and sodomy...

Offlinetesttesttest
Stranger
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: M44] * 1
    #26137533 - 08/15/19 06:24 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Not a chemist so forgive me if this is a stupid question, people who are reacting the GBL to GHB using a few grams of a base, how do you know the base is preferentially reacting with GBL and not with acids in your alcoholic drink (such as tataric acid in the case of wine or malic acid in the case of cider)?

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada
Re: Home Brewers, your skills are urgently needed for the science of intoxication! [Re: testtesttest]
    #28697759 - 03/13/24 10:40 AM (14 days, 17 hours ago)

Geeze I'm such a square, that was after my first mental hospitalization

I never tried the msg brew, do people still think it works, it never caught on

I started rereading this thread on page 6 so I have to go over the whole thread

I just wanted to share a YouTube video in one of the old home brewing threads

si=1Q05Terklyk0FZTB

Lately I don't touch beer or wine, I like how liquor I can measure by shots, I guess I could do some math to turn that into wine glasses, idk, I still can't just one shot it it turns it i to a sipping experience

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder