Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Cleansing the body
    #2537946 - 04/08/04 03:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I just love double-speak. Was reading a book on fasting and colonic cleansing and so forth.

If you feel better, well than that is proof that your body is cleaner and running in an optimized state. Makes sense, right?

But also if you feel like shit, are running a fever and have low energy, that is is also a sign that your body is cleansing itself.

So, in summation, whether you feel better or worse; both are signs of the efficacy of the treatment. Isn't that grand?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Cleansing the body [Re: Swami]
    #2537951 - 04/08/04 03:23 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

OTD?...yeah something like that.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2537976 - 04/08/04 03:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hehe, sometimes it hurts so good

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2538034 - 04/08/04 04:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thats just your measuring tool. Its not a fact. Because you can have both, doesnt make the whole obsolete. What it does mean, is either they truely are full of shit, or the one who is being cleansed wont really know if it works or not. The tragedy is, is that people never consider the opposing spectrums... and choose a more "objective" approach.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Cleansing the body [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2538192 - 04/08/04 06:18 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

zero: What it does mean, is either they truely are full of shit, or the one who is being cleansed wont really know if it works or not.

Also remember that even if one's intestines may be empty, one can still be full of shit.

Quote:

Dr. Kellog: I am convinced I will live forever, because my bowels are clean!
And with that, he dives into the river and dies in midair.
-The Road to Wellville

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Cleansing the body [Re: Sclorch]
    #2538300 - 04/08/04 08:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

regardless though, it IS true that many non-benign chemical agents from all the preserved food and nasty drugs we consume ends up lingering in the fat cells for months. ANd it is true that when one fasts the body burns off and depletes those fat cells, thus purging the remnants of the harmfull chemicals. and it is true that even if yo feel a bit unwell from going without food you will be 'cleaner' at the end of the process. However fasting is something i could never do as i have literally damn near zero body fat and can already see my ribs (and my muscles) under my skin so...

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Cleansing the body [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2539091 - 04/08/04 02:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Swami, I disagree.

During fasts, many people end up feeling horrible, and they look horrible too. This happens even when a water fast is done completely correct.

This is perfectly normal, and doesn't harm ones health. Rather, it means the body is running low on fuel.

Fasting is not natural. Our bodies are not meant to fast. HOWEVER, for about 3,000 years, perphaps far longer, fasting has been used as a tool for cleansing and healing, and has been effective since then.

Fasting is an unnatural thing to do to your body, and you are supposed to do it when your body is no longer functioning properly.

I don't believe in fasting if you are feeling wonderful, and healthy. To me, that is pointless. Just continue eating well, and maybe do a one day juice fast or something.

Serious fasting is for the ill. It will be hard...it will make you look sicker....and it will be tough on your body. However, even if you read medical journals, the results of fasting are amazing, provided fasting is done correctly, and one can endure fasting.

Now, as for body cleansing...there are things called cleansing reactions. This is because your body is trying to eliminate toxins faster then it actually can. This causes toxic buildups.

At smaller levels, this is normal while cleansing the body. At higher levels, it is NOT NORMAL, and a health practitioner should be sought immediately.

There are things you can do to eliminate cleansing reactions, such as:
1) Enemas
2) Drinking more water
3) eating baked potatoe

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2539142 - 04/08/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

even if yo feel a bit unwell
So if I take any substance or do any activity and feel a bit unwell, it must be improving my health? Is that logical?

and it is true that even if yo feel a bit unwell from going without food you will be 'cleaner' at the end of the process.
Double-blind, peer-reviewed source please? Before and after liver and blood test reports?

However fasting is something i could never do as i have literally damn near zero body fat and can already see my ribs (and my muscles) under my skin so...
At 120 pounds, Ghandi, the "king of fasters" was not exactly blubbery now was he?

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #2539174 - 04/08/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

PHARM: it IS true that many non-benign chemical agents from all the preserved food and nasty drugs we consume ends up lingering in the fat cells for months. ANd it is true that when one fasts the body burns off and depletes those fat cells, thus purging the remnants of the harmfull chemicals.

Not to be a dick, but... do you have a source?

--------------------

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #2540965 - 04/08/04 10:12 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What about that guy that lived in a cave off sunshine and water for years?

Last I heard NASA was studying him to try to use his abilities on astronots.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2543017 - 04/09/04 12:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

"Myth: Fasting is a good way to cleanse your system.
Reality: The notion that a fast will flush all the "toxins" out of your system is a myth. Very, very small amounts of fat-soluble and potentially harmful substances such as pesticides may enter your system, but they get buried in your fat stores. Ironically, fasting brings them back into circulation, but not for excretion from your body.

True fasting means not eating or drinking anything but water. The consequences of existing on no calories for more than a day or 2 accumulate as the fast continues. First, your carbohydrate stores bottom out as your muscles and brain use them up. Then your metabolism is forced to break down muscle and other proteins so that your body can convert them into the carbohydrates needed to continue to fuel your brain. With this comes several pounds of water loss and the loss of electrolytes through the urine as the body shifts into low gear to conserve calories and heat (you may feel chilled at times). But no toxins are purged with this water loss."

From: http://www.runnersworld.com/home/0,1300,1-53-86-6188,FF.html?site=RunnersWorld

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Cleansing the body [Re: NariusFractal]
    #2543365 - 04/09/04 02:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

jog

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Cleansing the body [Re: kaiowas]
    #2543393 - 04/09/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

And damage your knees, hips and ankles unless you run on grass, sand or rubberized track.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2543478 - 04/09/04 02:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well if you're pigeon toed maybe. 

or if you got one of them walking/mind complexes and your mind gets caught up in the thought of how yummy the gum tastes in your mouth *BAM*

so you can't drink gatorade to help with the electrolite fasting? not fair!  who made up these rules anyway  :wtf:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #2543676 - 04/09/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

kaiowas: jog
Swami: And damage your knees, hips and ankles unless you run on grass, sand or rubberized track.

Yeah, I don't jog... I prefer those elliptical exercise machines. NO impact.

We're on a tangent, back to enemas...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2543699 - 04/09/04 03:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

We're on a tangent, back to enemas

Sheesh! Stop being so anal...

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #2543886 - 04/09/04 04:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Butt.. butt..... oh, nevermind....

--------------------

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2544489 - 04/09/04 08:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

PHARM: it IS true that many non-benign chemical agents from all the preserved food and nasty drugs we consume ends up lingering in the fat cells for months. ANd it is true that when one fasts the body burns off and depletes those fat cells, thus purging the remnants of the harmfull chemicals.

Not to be a dick, but... do you have a source?

Not at all my friend not at all...
no i dont have a source, however in grade 11 biology you learn that chemicals/drugs and toxins are stored in fat cells, and you also learn that when your body needs fuel it first burns of sugars and carbohydrates, and then when that is expended will begin to burn off the fat cells. From this i came to the conclusion (and from hearing from fasters) that fasting is a method of flushing out drugs or toxins in your fat. However, i may be wrong, and i have no source, nor the desire to find one, so its just my two cents.

Swami: "so if i do something and it makes me feel unwell, than it must be making me healthy? is that logical?"
lets not generalize. no one said that everything that makes you feel unwell is good for you, but in this case many people would say it does. For example cough syrup makes me nauseus, but it DOES cure my cough, ya know?

again, just my two cents

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #2545201 - 04/09/04 11:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Jogging seriously is bad for your body, if you have no ideal what you are doing, and jogging on hard concrete. Thats not a joke.

Fasting can be harmful as well, but it can also be beneficial.

But I suppose the millions of people who've fasted for health have just been confused, and its all in there head. and I suppose the hundreds of medical journals written on fasting are fallacies and conspiracies too, right!

Jesus!

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Cleansing the body [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2545287 - 04/09/04 11:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

JOgging/running are wonderful exercises for your general health. Keep eating nutritious food and keep high quality, top condition running shoes on your feet. Any type of exercise you do puts wear and tear on your body, but it's a hell of a lot better than sitting on your fat lazy asses all fucking day.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology