Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: kushman88]
    #25314317 - 07/08/18 01:13 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Alright alright nothing's "impossible" lol, did not think of floating the substrate.

What i meant was i had to pull it out of the tub before and the sub can break

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSivarted
Stranger
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #25314348 - 07/08/18 02:10 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Alright alright nothing's "impossible" lol, did not think of floating the substrate.

What i meant was i had to pull it out of the tub before and the sub can break

Wish I could say I had never done that.  A couple weeks ago...

Lol.  Stupid part was that I floated it and *then* broke it.  Dont ask.  It was dumb.  :laugh:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Sivarted]
    #25314406 - 07/08/18 04:19 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thats why its good to place a liner and easily pull it out! Been there, broke a sub in half, it did fruit very nicely still but i had a fragmented tub lol. Thankfully it didnt break into pieces. That also happened once.

What i notice is without a liner it kinda sticks to the bin, almost growing into it. It gets stuck to the plastic. Ive never thought of floating it before, but the whole reason i use a liner is mostly so it doesnt break

Sidepins arent ideal but i really have no issue with them. Just when its a huge tub. With minis its no prob at all.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Fractal420]
    #25315884 - 07/08/18 09:21 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I unlatched the lid when I saw the 2nd flush pins and gave them a mist,then let them go at it alone. :leaving:
Came back to this.

The only hydration from 1st to 2nd flush was the "float" and the one mist when I popped the lid.
The lid stayed on from 1st flush harvest to 2nd flush.
Just another example of how versatile and forgiving these shoeboxes (and mushrooms)are.:super:

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

OfflineChoonPing87
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: Woodstock, GA
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25343492 - 07/23/18 10:50 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everybody,
I’m a n00b here and have picked up a curiosity for Mycology later than most probably do (assuming most got into in late adolescence/early adulthood)  I’m 31 and have a lot of  daily responsibilities but I’ve got to have something for me and this has become it. I have inoculated a couple “pre-made rye bags” w/ 2.4cc of Golden Teacher. That was 6/15 and now on 7/23 I am so thrilled to say I will be harvesting, in my uneducated guess 2 weeks but, I’m sure there are plenty who are more qualified to answer that. After sacrificing one bag to the yard and seeing how Mother Nature would handle the contamination (consequence of my laziness) and learning from my arrogance, I was able to maintain (1) out of (2) bags, which is what I will be harvesting (fingers crossed).
Out of impatience, before mixing this colonized rye w/ substrate I inoculated 2 other Myco-bags, which are colonizing nicely. I am going to start PFTEK when this harvest is done and I have more time available.
Okay, so let’s get to it-

I needed low maintenance as possible so, I sort of mixed a couple TEKs.  It’s shoeboxes w/ a splash of unBODified tub for Colonization of substrate/FC, but literally flipped upside-down. I took the lid off the *70qt tub, flipped it upside-down, creating a humidity dome for the Shoeboxes.
I have the lightbulb recommended for growing, as well as an air pump/bubbler for an aquarium w/ new tubing blowing air into the “dome”. This is all in my basement where it stays consistently in the tub, 69-72F 98-99% RH. I misted them tonight only bc the substrate seemed a tiny bit dry but I took the tub off the shoeboxes in order for them to breathe. And they also have the air pump/bubbler blowing air 24/7 w/ a 12/12 light cycle.  The CFL bulb allows me to place the light directly on bottom of tub(while it’s flipped upside-down).
I had to improvise w/ my limited resources but am really looking forward to starting PFTEK and getting a better grasp on this whole thing. Then, hopefully, agar- with lots more questions. Peace and love

If there is anything you think I should change about my setup or look into for future investment? Please let me know!
Thanks for taking the time to read/scan through my post.

:heart::mushroom2:

--------------------
DNR If I bruise blue just eat me

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Sivarted]
    #25351429 - 07/27/18 11:06 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I'm dubbing too, and no amount of cringing  is likely to make me reconsider.  :smile:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/sterilite-clearview-tote-with-latch-26l-1426056p.html#srp

The base is about the same as a shoe box but tall enough to accommodate tall fruits.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #25351633 - 07/28/18 03:46 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

^now thats cool. Latches are super important IMO. Mostly for outdoor grows

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth

Loc: West
    #25375459 - 08/08/18 04:47 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

This is a great TEk. I only had a pint of rye spawn so I cased with a half inch of 50/50 and put it straight into “fruiting” on 7/30. I also show a possible lighting setup below.

I have misted twice a week and have a RH of 95% .On 08/07 this is what it looks like.

Thanks for another great TEK man.cheers

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: audiosnipez]
    #25375955 - 08/08/18 09:01 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

This tek is fantastic.  I started with your Oats recipe Bod.  Tiger dropped into the jars and at 7 days had full colonization.  I made 3 shoeboxes.  2 are 1:1 spawn:coir and 1 is 1:2 spawn:coir.  I decided they looked good enough to fruit, took off the lids, took a picture, and put grocery bags with small pinholes over them.  Hoping to have my first fruits soon!

--------------------
Ginge

Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Ginge]
    #25376717 - 08/09/18 08:22 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Very cool Ginge. I am going to try mixing with coir next instead of casing. I got some race horse oats in the PC as we speak using BODS OATS TEK.  You colonization looks really nice good luck man.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: audiosnipez] * 1
    #25376768 - 08/09/18 08:53 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I'm gonna do a shoebox of Pan Bisporus as soon as this grain colonizes. I'll post some results here. I'm sure it will work.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

Loc: Dreamland
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #25376780 - 08/09/18 08:58 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

@audiosnipez ditch the RH meter and never worry about RH% again :awesomenod:

Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: pixelpopper]
    #25377526 - 08/09/18 03:14 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

That’s just overkill huh? If it’s not needed I will bust it out when I’m curious some time. Thanks brotatoechips. It’s one of the nice cigar ones I saw Roger Rabit using on his SGFC.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: audiosnipez] * 2
    #25377532 - 08/09/18 03:17 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Bod's easy AF series TEKs are a bro free zone
Please destroy all pink shorts and refrain from any keg stands

Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth

#25377569 - 08/09/18 03:37 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hahaha. No tank tops and headbands allowed!

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

Loc: Dreamland
    #25377701 - 08/09/18 04:33 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

If you enjoy your RH meter then by all means keep using it... but your enjoyment would be its only purpose. They don't provide any useful data really...

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
    #25378341 - 08/09/18 09:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you.  That colonization was after 48 hours of spawn and coir substrate mix.  The jars were given 6 days post 100% colonization.  In my experience Golden Teacher is what I would recommend to all new or struggling mycologists, in my environment at least, it has proven to out perform Treasure Coast and it's colonization times seem to hit the low side of estimates, like 5-7 days, GT is done in 5. 

I will be adding 4 or 5 new strains to my agar work this week so will have a more experienced and educated opinion on GT's seemingly aggressive growth.  Also interesting that side by side, from MS, GT and TC are performing so differently, I mean if a cube is indeed a cube.  GT occasionally starts out tomentose after a transfer but seems to go rhizo within 48 hours of visible growth.  TC has fully colonized pasty plates but the growth has appeared to my naked eye to be tomentose entirely.  I just find these things interesting, and hope some reader out there does too.

--------------------
Ginge

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Ginge]
    #25378697 - 08/10/18 01:43 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Ama420]
    #25379071 - 08/10/18 07:35 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

You guys dont dubtub or close the tubs at all? Just the shopping bags? Sounds easy and awesome

Ive always done the whole tub thing with full pasteurization cause that was what was i was taught. I just recently had a successful tub with just the boiling water method, i think i just followed recipes without checking enough for field capacity and things like that.

So no more spending 2 hrs on pasteurization, yay.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Fractal420]
    #25379489 - 08/10/18 12:01 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

No need for the top tub just use a plastic bag. Good way to go if you need more tubs and it’s just to ez. to not try man.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags