Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleaudiosnipez
Sir BIgglesworth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: West
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: audiosnipez]
    #25352247 - 07/28/18 01:23 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I ended up finding some great LC TEKs from your everything in one place page.  I swear you mentioned something called PDB in your 2017 log but I can’t find that thread any more so just ignore that question my guy.

I did want to tell you I found a 50lbs bag of “Race Horse” oats for 18 bucks at my local feed supply. That’s the best tip yet man because I can now get my costs down even further. Thanks again buddy for letting us communicate with a TC with a reputation like yours.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemushfuss
Bubbles
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: audiosnipez]
    #25353155 - 07/28/18 11:02 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Healthy cakes, put in a SGFC that has had no issues. Possibly a few days too early (during consolidation). Dunked slightly over 24 hours. Happy white mycelium growing over/through verm roll layer opening it's arms to accept water droplets.

First 3 pins appear and its been a while since perlite was hydrated, decided to remove cakes and shower the perlite, mix water and poorly distributed "half cap" bleach water solution. Rinsed well until no smell was left. Its known that perlite has no nutritional value and bacteria won't flock to it, even with water. These spontaneous decisions always end poorly.

Smoothed the perlite, set cakes in, cover with lid and leave for a few hours. All of them covered in blue. Was totally stunned that a first attempt was killed by a "good idea." Considered to be contams from shower water but it was way too fast and mycelium can handle tap water at this stage. Almost fully blue after being a beautiful white thirsty mycelium cake. Rubbed and it didn't come off, but it was white a millimeter(grape skin thin) below so consider it healthy but definitely attacked with the burning air from the bleach.

The next day 2/5 cakes grew many pins. One 4oz has 25 since the bleaching already and look very healthy. Removed the pins from pre-bleach.

They're being bottom fed, and are still white wherever water covered the cake during the bleach smog.

Misting and gently fanning sporadically, often. Encouraging evaporation for pin growth.

Any advice? Lots was learned from you and looking forward to a first psychedelic experience after experiencing the life cycle of the organism.

Idea is to use sleep mask, optional weighty comfort blanket, and headphones/music with good set and setting. Alone would be preferable, but inexperienced and open to a sitter or guide. Have an idea or direction going into the experience to be addressed in some way.

Would ground dried mushrooms in capsules on an empty stomach be the best route? Have heard about lemon teks and adding Lions Mane as well. Some add MAOI like Peganum Harmala/Syrian Rue for a noticably different longer, clearer and expanded experience([!]no medication reaction w/MAOI). Lions Mane promotes growth while psilocin promotes new pathways. That sounds like a good idea as well. Should any modification/synergy be added for a first experience?

I've heard many different ideas for dosage. Medium doses don't seem to get you deep enough for intense psychological changes, or traumas being addressed fully. A teaser. Low dosage/microdose seems to be very interesting and beneficial for some. I'm interested in that.

After research, I'm highly interested in "heroic doses" and the journey through yourself to ego loss. This seems to give people an inner-peace that I truly crave in my life. I've been getting tastes from the research alone and the mindset shared with me. It is already beneficial in my life to feel more connected with others *subjectively*. Isolation is a theme in my life. I have plenty of trauma to address and know how to address them in a therapeutic way from some history in EMDR therapy. I hope it will be of use; it seems to act on the brain in a similar albeit much slower and difficult way. I understand that it may be entirely useless as well.

Am I going into something I'm clueless about? I feel comfortable, and timing in my life couldn't be better. Family support and a shared hiking experience with double microdose together as well(.7g). All are first-time exposures to psychs.

To push my potential benefits, I've been tackling problems in my life I hadn't previously addressed. Hope is pushing me towards this. Hope of some spiritual experience that I can mentally reference to in the future as a form of comfort. Right now it is a void, atheist and detached from nature in a city, alone and troubled with past trauma daily. Depression is common more often than others.

I understand "bad trips" to be fighting against facing something traumatic, not giving in. Even facing things and not fighting can be terrifying on it's own. I understand that it isn't a party drug and should be used in a medicinal or spiritual manner.

Any insight into something that catches your eye would be appreciated.

P.S.
part of this post was to lay out thoughts, my research, goals, and my understanding of what this stuff is. Quite a ramble! Yes I realize it reads like someone has a fucking tree branch up their ass. Trying to keep it unbiased info.

Offlineazureskies
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: mushfuss]
    #25354833 - 07/29/18 09:05 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I remembered after I PM'd Bod that this might be a better place to put my question. Earlier, I posted this thread asking about my second attempt at doing grain jars. I outlined my procedure, thought process, and I included pics of my results and some microscope pics of one of my (probably) contaminated grain jars. My question is: Where did I go wrong in this process? The best explanation I got is suspect because the person giving it suggested that my grain source was from a bad supplier. I haven't found any other examples of this happening on the shroomery, and I think it's more likely I made a simple mistake somewhere along the way. Thanks for all the help.

OfflineArzeo
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: azureskies]
    #25358699 - 07/31/18 05:17 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Is it more efficient to inoculate using g2g or a2g? Your flow chart shows that g2g is not very risky with good sterilization techniques. Would a SAB be sterile enough for g2g or is a flow hood recommended?

InvisibleSkipio
Hunchback
 User Gallery

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25359550 - 08/01/18 05:50 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Incubation in the dark is OUTDATED. light is good at all stages
Fluorescent lights provide a more full spectrum than LED bulbs.
5000-6500K bulbs providing 800-1200 lumens per tub (at a distance of 1-2 feet) are recommended.

How much does the spectrum of light provided matter? What product, would you say, is at the intersection of most economical and most appropriate?

Thanks again

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: Skipio]
    #25359594 - 08/01/18 06:43 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Skipio said:
How much does the spectrum of light provided matter?

Quite a bit because you want to emulate natural lighting as best as possible. 5000K-6500K is within the spectrum of natural daylight...hence the blue sky during the day.
:2cents:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflineChoonPing87
Stranger
Loc: Woodstock, GA
    #25365944 - 08/04/18 08:38 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I checked my bulb and it is a 23watt CFL 1800 lumens. How do lumens effet growth of fruits and does it have a negative or positive effect?

--------------------
DNR If I bruise blue just eat me

Edited by ChoonPing87 (08/04/18 08:40 AM)

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

#25371064 - 08/06/18 08:19 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

If you don't have a pressure cooker start here

The easiest and cheapest way to start without a Pressure Cooker.

http://www.mushroomvideos.com/BRF-Pf-Tek

Ziran's updated PF tek

EM666's PF TEK

https://www.shroomery.org/13878/The-PF-tek

The PF tek can be steamed in a large pot with a tight fitting lid.

The PF cakes will be sterilized without the use of a pressure cooker/sterilizer if done correctly. Alternatively you can still do PF cakes in a pressure cooker they only will take 60 minutes at 15psi.

This post talks about sterile inoculation methods and the tools you need for aseptic inoculation

Many new growers would like automation in their fruiting chambers. Misting and fanning is really no hassle. If you have time to brush your teeth you have time to mist a few cakes. Naturally most new growers are excited about their project and check on their cakes too much any way. Still the idea of automation persists.

It should be important to know that the SGFC was invented by RogerRabbit when he was working 10 hours days and needed a automated fruiting chamber for PF cakes.
The cakes only need to be misted a couple times a day, as needed, use your eyes not a schedule.

Fanning is almost pointless.
The fanning is accomplished by simply removing the lid to mist. Fanning a SGFC (which gets automated FAE 24/7 because of the hundreds of holes) is like rolling a window down on a motorcycle.

Attaching humidifiers or air pumps to a SGFC will FUCK IT UP.

Using a hygrometer will make you MAKE MISTAKES.
you cannot accurately measure cake surface humidity. The humidity needs to be 90+ percent only an inch from the surface of the cake ad the evaporate into the "medium humidity" air in the SGFC. this air space can be 50-80% and fluctuate. This air space is more humid than your room air and less humid than the surface of the cakes. When you put a hygrometer into a SGFC it's usually mounted near holes and will read an inaccurate number. You will mist using the gauge as a guide and not your eyes. This will cause water logged cakes and poor performance.
You do not need to measure humidity with a hygrometer at all to achieve great performance

Incubation in the dark is OUTDATED. light is good at all stages
Fluorescent lights provide a more full spectrum than LED bulbs.
5000-6500K bulbs providing 800-1200 lumens per tub (at a distance of 1-2 feet) are recommended.

What you know about Temperature ranges for Cubensis might be OUTDATED
68-72F is a good temperature range for colonization(incubation) and fruiting. Warm temperatures encourage contaminants so room temperature is encouraged. 65-75 degrees requires no temperature adjustments for colonization or fruiting.
Cubensis mycelium grows as fast as it will from about 75-81 degrees. at above 81-83F speeds are reported to decline again. Below 65F cubensis mycelium will grow but at a slower pace until just before 32F when it will stall. Cubensis doesn't tolerate freezing but jars may be stalled in a fridge for later fruiting once they are fully colonized.

you bought a grow kit :uhoh: :sad:
Take a look here and see if there's any way to salvage it.
Chances are you just gave your money to someone who shipped you a box full of reminders that you just got kicked in the nuts.
Don't fret though for less money then you spent on the kit you can get going the right way.

Your threads here are so helpful!

If you had to pick one method for newbies what would it be?

Also - I saw your chart showing the various grow methods ... why are you anti-grain? 

Appreciate the info!

InvisibleSkipio
Hunchback
 User Gallery

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: Tormato]
    #25371204 - 08/06/18 09:27 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
...5000K-6500K is within the spectrum of natural daylight...

Can you sit one of those 5000-6500 lumen bulbs facing down on the lid of a fruiting chamber, the way we tend to see people placing them in so many of these photos (fitted into the metal reflector domes)?

The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25371475 - 08/07/18 12:37 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Skipio said:
Quote:

Tormato said:

Can you sit one of those 5000-6500 lumen bulbs facing down on the lid of a fruiting chamber, the way we tend to see people placing them in so many of these photos (fitted into the metal reflector domes)?

You want 5000-6500 Kelvin not lumens, but yes you can just be careful of sub drying out. :thumbup:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

InvisibleSkipio
Hunchback
 User Gallery

#25371507 - 08/07/18 01:19 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
Quote:

Skipio said:
Quote:

Tormato said:

You want 5000-6500 Kelvin not lumens, but yes you can just be careful of sub drying out. :thumbup:

My mistake. Thanks for the correction. Yes, the extremely arid climate dictates extra care will have to be taken where the danger of substrate drying out is concerned.

The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25371730 - 08/07/18 06:21 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Skipio said:
Yes, the extremely arid climate dictates extra care will have to be taken where the danger of substrate drying out is concerned.

:snoopyes:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

#25371986 - 08/07/18 09:02 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
Quote:

Skipio said:
Quote:

Tormato said:

What dehydrator do you have

The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: Proton_California]
    #25371998 - 08/07/18 09:07 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Proton_California said:
What dehydrator do you have

I have 2 Presto Dehydro 06300 Electric Food Dehydrators  :dancer:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

OfflineAndshy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25372100 - 08/07/18 10:08 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Found these in my newly laid turf any ?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Andshy]
    #25372108 - 08/07/18 10:11 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Try the identification forum

OfflineProton_California
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25374328 - 08/08/18 07:18 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Strains are what you get when two spores mate.
Varieties are the name on a syringe.
There infinitely many strains of every variety
Variety doesn't matter strain does
Growing from spores you have 100s of strains in a single grow.
Some mushrooms will be made of many strains
Some mushrooms will be strong some weak.
Every time you grow from spores you'll get different results even from the same spore syringe.
Jist pick one, using agar is how you keep good strains around

Bodhisatta -

appreciate all the info and effort on these threads

if i buy the 23 quart PC, what medium for my innoculant would be your recommendation?

BRF ?  Grains ?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Proton_California]
    #25374369 - 08/08/18 07:50 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Whatever suits you best

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Proton_California]
    #25378391 - 08/09/18 09:45 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Proton_California said:

Bodhisatta -

appreciate all the info and effort on these threads

if i buy the 23 quart PC, what medium for my innoculant would be your recommendation?

BRF ?  Grains ?

A ginger's take on Bod's answer.  I have tried Bod's Oats recipeand SBJ's WBS.  As well as using Bod's Oats recipe on some rye berries I had purchased far to expensively at the store.  The WBS was about 25 lbs and $14, the oats 50 lbs, $14. The oats appear to be more colonized than the WBS that were A2G the same day, but not by a substantial margin.  Personally, I prefer the prep of the oats to prep of the WBS even though the WBS requires no cooking.  I have also used BRF cakes and will experiment with some BRF2G bags soon, but since I do not have a SGFC I will not make more cakes if I don't like how they transfer to grain and colonize.

So, because I live in a farm town Oats are a easy and cheap and what I prefer to prep.  You may like different preps or want to fruit BRF cakes, you have to do you.

--------------------
Ginge

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Ginge]
    #25380985 - 08/11/18 06:12 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Bod,
Your simple AF teks have already been a tremendous help.  I made some LC using this tek.  Two of my jars of LC have sediment, which sucks but the myc don't seem to mind.  Can you please help me with my next step?

I understand contams are undetectable in LC.  My friend ordered a grow kit that came with BRF jars ready to go.  Can I noc up those jars with my LC to test for contams or are grain jars a better contam test?

Exhibit A
Also, I have some strong looking LC's.  Like myc floating in a complete disc and rhyzoing up the glass (going to take a picture now) should I test these for contams using your recommendation and then refrigerate until I am ready to use the LC to noc up more jars?

Thanks for your time and knowledge in your write ups.  I am sure my myco partner is tired of me quoting you and your teks.

--------------------
Ginge

Edited by Ginge (08/11/18 06:16 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate