Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Synchronisity?
    #2534214 - 04/07/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Is it safe to take it as synchronisity when I walk upstairs, and right when I sit in my chair, a message pops up from my girlfriend, who just got online? Furthermore, that I had brought up some strawberry yoghurt and she was also eating it at the moment?  :shocked:

'Tis be a crazy world we live in, yargh. :lol: Just one of the many related experiences that we have shared, as far as amazing coincidences/synchronisities go.....

So, do any of you also have some of these moments that really make you wonder? Any amazing synchronsities (or just crazy coincidences)? :laugh:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Synchronisity? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2534238 - 04/07/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Check this out.. during a dramatic period of my life (basically, my current girlfriend was still with her former fiance, and I was in love with her, and she was in love with me, but she was very confused..)

Anyway, what happened was, I was reading random bits of this book, called Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance (you might have read it, pretty good book) every time I was in the can, basically.

I had found this one part one day, that i really liked, but I didn't bother to mark the page or anything. When I went to tell her about it, I couldn't remember it. I was pissed.

The next time I was in the can, I held the book in my hands, and I said to myself (literally, I thought these exact thoughts in my head)

"Okay, maybe if I open the book to a random page I will find it, that might work"

So I open the book randomly three times, and didn't find it.

So I say to myself, "Okay, fuck that, let's try a more meaningful approach. I will open it one more time, and if it is the right page, we are meant to be together."

I opened the book again, and declared, "Holy shit!" quite loudly.

There, right in front of me, was the very paragraph I seeked.

Of course, someone will probably be along shortly to tell us that these are coicedences, and/or that opening it three times BEFORE that "meaningful thought" increased the probability of me finding it considerably.

But synchronicities are what you make of them, just like all questionable spiritual events. I believe these things are designed to instill faith in us despite our insistance on "proof" for such things.

It's just like someone saying "Look, this is the way it is, but I can't prove it to you. You can either believe or not."

EDIT: P.S. Do you know how to make these forums keep track of my posts for me? I always want to go back to follow up on threads I posted in, but I can never find them again.. :frown: (this is one I would like to follow up on :smile: )

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Synchronisity? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2534322 - 04/07/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You can click "Favorite Thread" down on the lower left hand corner, and access your favorites from My Home, or you could do a search for your last posts with the Search function. :wink:

I don't understand how opening the book three times before that increased the odds, though. There are only so many pages in a book, but it is interesting that it opened to that particular page, considering what meaning you put on it if it did....

The intent of this thread isn't really to debate if an occurence is a synchronsisty or just a coincidence that had a lot of odds agansit it... just wondering what some of these really notable experiences ya'll have had. :laugh:

But there have been some experiences that have really made me wonder...... :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#2534347 - 04/07/04 09:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I figured out I could search by user name right after I posted that.. went back and responded to some old posts. :wink:

Sorry if I took the thread in a direction you didn't want to go. I thought that the questioning of the legitimacy of it should be addressed in advance, since it's sure to come up anyway.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2534439 - 04/07/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes i can hear my cell phone ringing but it's not. It does ring after five minutes or so and i don't make anything for this to happen, it just happens. Synchronicity ?
I also have situations were two people start singing or whistling the same tune at the same very time for no apparent reason.
I have many more but more subtile.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Synchronisity? [Re: MAIA]
    #2534450 - 04/07/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That thing about two people singing reminds me of something else that happened to me and a friend..

We were both sitting in his room playing "The New Tetris" for N64 (best tetris game ever, btw) and we'd both been sitting in silence for atleast 5 minutes, concentrating on the game.

Then, all of the sudden, at the EXACT SAME TIME, we both go "Hmmmmmmm!" very loudly. I looked at him and he looked at me, and I was like "Uh.. did that just happen?" and he was like "Man, that was fucking weird."

heh.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2534510 - 04/07/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Sorry if I took the thread in a direction you didn't want to go. I thought that the questioning of the legitimacy of it should be addressed in advance, since it's sure to come up anyway.

Nah, I wasn't referring to you, I was just clarifying for all that this wasn't a debate about that, because anytime this comes up, it goes that way. :wink:

'Course, maybe it can be debated here, just the main focus being on reminsicing on those moments.... I think synchronisity involves finding some higher meaning in some occurence that isn't implied by just the occurence itself.... Well, I'd just like to add that we ARE meaning and we create meaning. :grin:

A lot of times me and her will say the exact same thing at the same time, which creates this sort of disorientating feeling.....

Then, of course, there was the time I went downstairs for awhile to transfer some pictures for her. She had just taken salvia and had the sensation of leaving her body (her mom was with her and she noted that it really looked like she had died, which really freaked her out... thank god she didn't call somebody). She sort of became a star in the Northern Sky (I'm in Norway right n?, of course. :wink:), and she could see this really vibrant energy below, and that she knew it was me... basically my soul. She could sort of experience me I guess, really found out who I was....  :laugh:

The thing is, when I was downstairs and going through the motions of transferring pictures, I had the experience of showing myself to someone else, in a way. I had the distinct impression that someone was "feeling" me. I learned of her experience AFTER the fact and it isn't exactly something I feel every day.. or ever.

I guess I don't take that as synchronisity exactly, but still... positively mind blowing for me and her to experience that, especially her.  :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2534669 - 04/07/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

So I say to myself, "Okay, fuck that, let's try a more meaningful approach. I will open it one more time, and if it is the right page, we are meant to be together."

I flicked on my 'puter this morning and declared, "If there is a new thread on Synchonicity in S&P, I will win the lottery this week and Britney Spears will invite me to her hotel room!"

Hey, 1 out of 2 ain't bad...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2534780 - 04/07/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Just yesterday..I had one of the most amazing coincidences...

I was driving on the way to the store in the morning..and I catch this car in my peripheral vision--almost missed it..and I looked at it; it was the EXACT same car I have..the EXACT same model of the car I have...the EXACT same color..and...the EXACT same window was broken, that I had broken on my car a few weeks ago...even with the exact type of plastic material covering it...

Even the driver was a white male! So am I!! :lol:

It was beautiful.

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineEuphoricBlue
Trance DepthExplorer

Loc: Fresno, California
Re: Synchronisity? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2535187 - 04/07/04 12:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

SkorpivoMusterion - LMFAO....that too good. I have a Dodge Neon and I got hit from behind and the bumper is all distorted and whenever I see ANY Neons (around '95) they are somehow damaged. So Im thinking "Is there a curse on this year or model." And you'll see other people driving them and they'll look at you and you at them and its sooooo classic. Every moment to me is synchronicity, as we are floating in it, you know.

Chad

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Synchronisity? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2535231 - 04/07/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hehe, drive by a giant mirror, Skorp? :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2535253 - 04/07/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I just listened to a song a friend sent me.. then it was silence for awhile, then I was going through my music. I recently downloaded a lot of new music, stuff that I had heard OF, but hadn't actually listened to. Near the bottom of the list was "Type O Negative", and so I decided I'd listen to a couple of songs.

It was recently downloaded, isn't really the type of music I listen to anyways... so I tell my girlfriend about me putting it on, and she said that she just put it on five minutes ago and was still listening to it. :shocked:

I have a few thousand songs... and all I have been listening to is Borknagar. She isn't particuarily into the band either, just happened to put on a song that meant a lot to her.... this type of stuff happens fucking constantly with me and her.  :cool:

I think it is interesting to note that I was thinking about synchronisity in that moment as I had just read the new replies here and made a quick reply myself.... crazy stuff.  :laugh:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Synchronisity? [Re: EuphoricBlue]
    #2535333 - 04/07/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have a Dodge Neon and I got hit from behind and the bumper is all distorted and whenever I see ANY Neons (around '95) they are somehow damaged.

The 1995 Neons have notoriously weak drum brakes. No mystery there.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Synchronisity? [Re: Swami]
    #2535724 - 04/07/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Not to mention Neon's from around that time are complete crap in general.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2536913 - 04/07/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I always wondered why they were so inexpenive! sqqeeaaalll, crash... errrr..... anyways Fireworks... keep noticing these things, because they are your only proof of the interconectedness in this world... dont shrug them off as mere coincedence... and if you dont, you will notice that you see WAY MORE 'coincidences' then you thought possible

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Synchronisity? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2536960 - 04/07/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, be blind to the facts. Don't use logic, reason, study psychology or attempt to understand probability. Then you can live in a world of make-believe and see signs in spilled coffee and a song played on the radio.

--------------------

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2537251 - 04/07/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Just had a good one today - Last night, I was wishing I had something orange to wear (watching the Lady Vols on TV...shut up...) and I thought of an old orange sweatshirt I used to have when I was a kid.  It's been sitting in my closet at my parents' house for probably the last 10 years.  Talked to my mom today about something totally unrelated & she just asked me if I was ever gonna want that shirt. :shocked:

Not a big deal, I know, but I hadn't even talked to my mom in a couple weeks, so it was kinda weird.  Been having all kinds of stuff like that happen over the last couple years, but I can't remember any other good ones at the moment 'cause I'm far too sober.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Synchronisity? [Re: Renegade8]
    #2537273 - 04/07/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

And what does it mean to you?

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Synchronisity? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2537374 - 04/07/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The problem is nobody ever takes into account all the times it doesn't happen. One day, all the lights on the way home turned green and you don't have to break. You might have the exact change for a needed purchase, or you might run into a person you haven't seen in awhile that you were just thinking about. You might sneeze or say something exactly when someone else does.

All these things seem to add up to something special untill you devide it into all the times you had to break at a stop light on the way home or didn't have the exact amount of change. You might think of a person a thousand times, but only the one time you run into them shortly afterwards do you bother to remember it because of it's importance. Next time, count all the times you sneeze or say something exactly at the same time someone else does.

The probability of a any particular coincidence happening may be 1 in 10,000 but when you have ten thousand coincidences that could happen a few of them are bound to actually occur.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Numbers? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2537556 - 04/07/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe it's just me but it seems more often than not that when a person is thinking of a number or about to say a number I think of that number before they say it. Usually only one or two digit numbers but so often that I've actually started to have number pops into my head then wait to compare.

I could dismiss it a few times as deductive reasoning but after a while it's just strange.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom