Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBenderBRodriguez
Stranger

Stalled mycelium growth (?)
    #25371070 - 08/06/18 08:20 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hi there! It's my first grow so I would hate for it to go south when I've come so far
I added my grain spawn to substrate 12 days ago and I'm afraid the mycelium has stalled for a second time. I noticed a hazy blue around the edges and tested for mold (it wasn't mold, you can see the spot i tested on the left side) fresh air is minimal as I only open it to spray the lid once a day. Is it safe to try to initiate pinning when it's not 100%? How would I do that in this case? Should I wait longer? I don't mind waiting longer, I would just love some advice. Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLetsGetSchwifty
Unorthodox Experimenter
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: BenderBRodriguez]
    #25371114 - 08/06/18 08:45 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

This looks well colonized. Get more Fae to evaporate the top layer to help induce pinning. No need to mist yet if your sub was moist enough... But... *Looks closer* looks kiiiinda dry... Maybe you should mist more actually? You can tell if you need misting if it looks dry.

Bender: "I'm 40% grain spawn!" *Bangs chest, opens to reveal mushies inside*

Edited by LetsGetSchwifty (08/06/18 08:50 PM)

OfflineDorfnob
J.U.I.C.E.

Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: LetsGetSchwifty]
    #25371123 - 08/06/18 08:51 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

looks beautiful but where's your holes for fea? I should look up bods monotub see if that doesn't use holes besides the lid flip, but it's prolly deff a air issue if you've stalled once doing the same thing. good luck :cheers:

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: Dorfnob]
    #25371129 - 08/06/18 08:54 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

:justno:

Myc doesn't stall like that because of "lack of FAE" remember how growers used to incubate their tubs in the past? The tubs didn't stall even tho they were sealed up and stored in black plastic bags.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineBenderBRodriguez
Stranger

Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: Mateja]
    #25371237 - 08/06/18 09:44 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks so much! I think what I'll do is give it a heavier misting and leave it for a couple more days, I don't want to rush anything. As far as fae, it gets opened once a day. I have an issue with a mismatched lid so I'm doing my best :smile: I will definitely update when I get some progress

OfflineMycoMechanic
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25371267 - 08/06/18 09:59 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah just flip the lid or leave it off. Myc wants to grow and the fungus wants to fruit. Relax and let it.

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: MycoMechanic]
    #25371286 - 08/06/18 10:06 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quit misting until it's colonized, and give it some air..  I usually don't see surface moisture until a few days before pins... it develops once there's enough mycelium to be semi-impermiable, otherwise, the sub  just soaks it back up... I bet is waterlogged,and that's why it's stalled... may go bacterial, does it smell?

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25371292 - 08/06/18 10:08 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

P.S. the blue is bruising... probably from heavy misting
:goodluck:

OfflineApc123
Mushroom momma
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #25371306 - 08/06/18 10:15 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Yes stop misting! I would not touch it or look at it for 3 days then take a peak to see where its at maybe even 5 days and then give us an update. If the mycelium is growing then let it go to 100% if not id put it into fruiting even if its bacterial you will still get some mushies just not as many. ONCE u get it into a light cycle increase ur FAE and THEN start misting to encourage pins but with this tub set up u should RARELY have to mist if at all.

--------------------
The thing about deceit is, you don't know your being deceived...

The only thing I am sure about is that I know nothing - socrates

Believe nothing you hear and half of what u see.

Edited by Apc123 (08/06/18 10:18 PM)

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: Apc123]
    #25371320 - 08/06/18 10:23 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I "fruit" straight from spawn (per Bod's recommendation/practice) and see better and faster colonization/pins/harvests ... flip the lid and walk away

InvisibleMateja

#25371322 - 08/06/18 10:23 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BenderBRodriguez said:
As far as fae, it gets opened once a day.

FAE can not be created by doing something once a day, it happens continuously. It can be slow or fast.
The only was to stop FAE is to hermetically seal the tub. :thumbup:

Keeping the lid on on an unmodified tub is to create slow evaporation by constricting the FAE. You want a little more FAE? You flip the lid. Want more? Place the lid slightly ajar and so on...

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Edited by Mateja (08/06/18 10:24 PM)

OfflineBenderBRodriguez
Stranger

#25371352 - 08/06/18 10:44 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Well shit I just misted it :/ I'm going to leave it for a few days so we'll see what happens. I hope I didn't upset it in any way. As for the smell it smells like a handful of fresh mushrooms, no moldy smell or anything like that.

Mateah, I understand, so should I flip the lid now or wait until it's completely colonized?

OfflineBenderBRodriguez
Stranger

#25371360 - 08/06/18 10:47 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you! I'll definitely look that up, sounds like my kinda method

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

#25371397 - 08/06/18 11:09 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleMateja

#25371405 - 08/06/18 11:14 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

You can flip the lid right after you spawn just keep an eye on it if the air is dry in your grow area or if you have a small substrate. You shouldn't have to mist much more than a handful of times from spawn to pins. See the managing of the lid more as 'adjusting the rate of evaporation from the substrate' rather than 'giving mushrooms more oxygen' all you really are doing is controlling how fast the evaporation will be. More air = faster evaporation. Dryer air = faster evaporation humid air = slower evaporation.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineDreamReality
MycoPilot
I'm a teapot

Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: Mateja]
    #25371578 - 08/07/18 03:28 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Give it a little air and i'm sure it will pin when it's ready.

--------------------
Dream's Mono Flip Tek

OfflineBenderBRodriguez
Stranger

Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: DreamReality]
    #25377688 - 08/09/18 04:28 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, just wanted to update because I'm lost on what to do. The great news is that I have pins (yay!) But the bummer is that they're ONLY on 2 sides with virtually none on top. There's a couple of pins but they don't look like they've grown much in the last day or two. I've had them in indirect light with a misted and shifted lid. Here's some pics. Can someone please tell me if the top looks like it might pin? Oh and don't mind the blue misty look, it's 100% from over misting

InvisibleStraight Mush
Mush lover
Male User Gallery

#25377699 - 08/09/18 04:32 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Myc benefits from co2 build up. When spawning you have no fae to colonize the substrate. After colonized you introduce fae moisture and light. Not having one of these three things while fruiting will result in unhealthy fruits and poor yield.

--------------------
When in doubt refer to RR's infamous quotes via the search function

InvisibleStraight Mush
Mush lover
Male User Gallery

#25377705 - 08/09/18 04:34 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BenderBRodriguez said:
Hey guys, just wanted to update because I'm lost on what to do. The great news is that I have pins (yay!) But the bummer is that they're ONLY on 2 sides with virtually none on top. There's a couple of pins but they don't look like they've grown much in the last day or two. I've had them in indirect light with a misted and shifted lid. Here's some pics. Can someone please tell me if the top looks like it might pin? Oh and don't mind the blue misty look, it's 100% from over misting

Your substrate is very dry. I personally would let it soak some water up and return it to its fruiting chamber. Notice the sides of the sub are pulled very far from the tub. Notice the blue bruising and lack of healthy pins because your conditions are best on the sides.

--------------------
When in doubt refer to RR's infamous quotes via the search function

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: Stalled mycelium growth (?) [Re: Straight Mush]
    #25377715 - 08/09/18 04:42 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Straight Mush said:
Myc benefits from co2 build up. When spawning you have no fae to colonize the substrate. After colonized you introduce fae moisture and light. Not having one of these three things while fruiting will result in unhealthy fruits and poor yield.

Mushrooms (and mycelium) are aerobic organisms, they require oxygen, co2 build up for pinset is outdated misinformation, and I've actually had faster and better results spawning straight to "fruiting conditions"... Bod and some of the other guys too... I just had a box pin in 9 days from spawn in full"fruiting conditions"... also, 12/12 lighting has been shown beneficial to mycelium through all stages of growth, from spore to spent

It needs air, a few hour soak (just pour a half inch or so in the tub, and drain in 2-4) then let it dry a bit, only misting when there's no surface moisture, and only enough to make it glisten without adding water to the substrate

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags