Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs
    #25365909 - 08/04/18 08:01 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/microdosing-pschedelics-study-1.4771647

Quote:

Illegal, underground and said to be brimming with health benefits — the practice of microdosing psychedelic drugs is growing increasingly popular, yet it remains relatively unstudied and its reported benefits unproven.

A group of Canadian researchers is hoping to change that with new data that begins to shed light on how and why people microdose, and what they say are its effects and drawbacks.

Microdosing is the practice of taking minute doses of hallucinogens like LSD or psilocybin (the active compound in so-called magic mushrooms) for therapeutic purposes. The amounts are too small to produce a high but large enough to quell anxiety or improve mood, according to users.

Researchers at the University of Toronto, York University and Toronto's Centre for Addiction and Mental Health collaborated on the study, which they say is the first of its kind.
Reports of improved mood, increased focus

The team targeted microdosing communities on Reddit and other social media channels with an anonymous online survey last year. They received 909 completed responses from current and former microdosers as well as others who had no experience with the practice.

The survey yielded information about how much and how often people microdosed: typically 10 to 20 micrograms of LSD (about one- or two-tenths of a tab) or 0.2 to 0.5 grams of dried magic mushrooms, about once every three days or once per week.

Those who microdosed reported a number of benefits, including improved mood, increased focus and productivity, and better connection with others.

The team also conducted a series of tests to compare users with non-users.

For example, to gauge creativity, participants were asked to find as many uses as they could for everyday objects. Researchers tested for wisdom by asking survey participants how much they related to a series of statements like "At this point in my life, I find it easy to laugh at my mistakes."

They found that microdosers scored higher on both creativity and wisdom, and lower on negative emotionality and dysfunctional attitude — tied to depression and anxiety.

Study co-author Thomas Anderson, a PhD candidate and cognitive neuroscientist with the Regulatory and Affective Dynamics Lab at U of T, called the results "really promising."
'A far cry' from calling it medicine

But both lead authors caution against drawing a causal connection.

"Our results certainly justify further research, but it's important to take them with a grain of salt," said co-author Rotem Petranker, a graduate student in social psychology at York. ​

"What this truly means is that we need to study it further in a lab setting … so we really get an idea of how much of these reports truly are caused by the substance."

Anderson also noted that a small group of microdosing respondents listed effects contradictory to the reports of others, such as decreased focus and increased anxiety. Some also reported physiological discomforts, such as feeling too hot or too cold.

The most common complaint from respondents, however, was about the difficulties of the practice given its illegality and related stigma. Having to obtain the substances underground also makes it hard to ensure a safe, reliable supply and consistent dosage.

The researchers made clear they do not endorse microdosing as a treatment.

"We are still a far cry from saying this is medicine and we should prescribe it to people. I think we should do a lot more research before we can say that," Petranker said.
Barriers to research 'formidable'

Canada was once a world leader in the exploration of psychedelic drugs for medicinal use, according to Kenneth Tupper, adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia and a director at the B.C. Centre on Substance Abuse.

Saskatchewan's Weyburn Mental Hospital was considered a hub for cutting-edge research in the field in the 1950s, when psychiatrists Abram Hoffer and Humphry Osmond experimented with administering LSD to volunteers, co-workers, friends, family members and themselves. They eventually used the drug to treat patients with alcohol addiction, often successfully, and their work was recognized internationally.

However, the work there and elsewhere was derailed due to concerns over recreational use and the social climate of the time, Tupper said.

"The throwing-the-baby-out-with-the-bath-water reaction happened [because of] the non-medical use on the street. That really did put us back many decades in terms of potential promising clinical utility."

That's changing, he said, but there is still a way to go.

"More and better research is only going to happen with a shift in regulatory authorities' and medical communities' willingness to look at these things, which is starting to happen — but, really, the research funding [is not available]."

The illicit nature of the substances also poses a legal hurdle to research, according to Mark Haden, public health researcher at UBC and executive director of Canada's Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies.

"If you actually want to start giving psychedelics to people [for research], the barriers are formidable," he said, adding that reclassifying psychedelic drugs would help clear the path.

In Canada, hallucinogens such as LSD and psilocybin,​ are classified as Schedule III controlled substances, which means possession requires a licence/prescription, or carries a maximum penalty of three years in prison. While Canadians will soon be able to purchase cannabis legally, the federal government earlier this week confirmed it has no plans to decriminalize other drugs.
Hope for first lab-based microdosing trial

Haden says continued research is important given the host of illnesses and disorders that we do not yet have effective treatments for.

"For instance, depression," he said. "Maybe what will come out of this is that some people will be helped with really large doses used in therapeutic contexts and other people will be helped more by tiny amounts of psychedelics as they go about their day."

Despite the challenges, Canadians are conducting more research in this area: clinical trials are being conducted on the potential therapeutic benefits of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy to treat post-traumatic stress disorder, and on  psilocybin-assisted treatment of substance use disorders.

Anderson and Petranker's team will be publishing the findings from their survey in three upcoming research papers.

They also hope to conduct lab-based trials where psychedelics can be administered in controlled environments.

"No one has done randomized, placebo-controlled trials for microdosing," Anderson said.

"We are hoping to be the first."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesteelcreek
Stranger
Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: Tantrika]
    #25366152 - 08/04/18 10:06 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

This article is irresponsible in my opinion (not you for posting it, I'm thankful you did). They are not writing the truth and in doing so are causing people to sit on the sidelines while laws are underway making the loss of these drugs a potential threat to us all. And we need to be informed so we can take action, if it really matters, which I doubt it does.
The truth is, in America, research was underway heavily by 2004. Today there are actual human clinical trials that are increasing as the results are so overwhelming to the positive, it's gaining momentum (links at the end of my post). Drug companies are extremely positive and can't wait to get these drugs to market. Not only is research in this area very hot, the research phase to expand to all the many psychedelics is huge and the numbers of researchers needed is high. Monies for this research is flying. MAPS obviously has been paving the way but the pharm companies are the ones with the money and are the ones doing most of the research. And now are the ones involved in clinical trials.
I used to work in the clinical trial field and I can tell you, they don't get to the point of wide spread clinical trials without going through many hoops and phases and milestones.
The fact that these trials are now in major cities in America, marketing to the general public for volunteers means it's in the last stages of trials.
When drugs are in this phase they are usually 2 years or less from being available.
I'm not making comments toward you, but toward those who wrote this highly misinformed article. Of course, if they're talking about only in Canada, they may be right. But if we do the research in America, Canada would benefit. But I highly doubt that if it's underway in the US that it isn't in CA.
Now, for MY opinion (it's highly negative). This is what I see the climate might be with these drugs being owned by big pharma  and doled out by psychiatrists (in the US):
The increasing wave of making pot legal would have paved the way for psychedelics to be legal as a possible logical next step. But with pharma getting their hands on it will become a near impossibility. I was really hoping these studies didn't gain ground but have and are, and soon it will be a thing. With pharma holding the purse strings on this, they will push government to come down super hard now on hunting down and stamping out illegal use like they did in the 50's with weed. And eventually natural sources of it will go away. Picture decades of psychoactive Nazi's and eventually the natural beauties will go into hiding.
Harsh sentencing. If the drug laws were starting to fall into criticism and possibly face some real changes to lighter sentences to possibly misdemeanors, that will change and instead sentences and laws will become extremely harsh. Pushing it's natural and connecting, biofluid use to rare and socially corrupt, means natural real experiences will become rare for the first time in human existence until we get our heads out of our asses. Which for humans could be never. I know, in some areas of the country, drug laws are already getting harsher or enforcement of existing laws already oppressive.
Varied physician responses. In the beginning, those docs who have negative associations with this class of drugs won't prescribe it and if they do, will do so with prejudice holding it off as a last resort drug making it even harder to use for the population. It will be highly sought after by the masses making people who really need it becoming vilified as "drug seekers" making mental illness and those who suffer from it, even more stigmatized than they already are with the added possibility of becoming prosecuted for abuse or targeted by new reporting laws that most likely will take effect when the drug hits the market. I see this becoming rampant.
As patients are vilified, treated with suspicion, strict reporting laws, possible drug testing for use and more, I see this becoming a huge problem to the point of the drugs hardly being available for real use. It happened with painkillers when those drugs were not stigmatized for decades. But psyches have been stigmatized and feared for 60+ years already.

Limited use. Because of the irrational fear of abuse (irrational because "abuse" isn't a term that should even apply here), use of these drugs will come with mandatory monthly drug testing to be able to maintain a prescription. Possibly prescriptions will be limited to weekly like they are with pain management clinics, making it even harder for those with mental illness to get the care they need when they already struggle with a poor infrastructure and financial hardship.I believe the pharm version of this drug WILL be detectable in the urine.
Cost. You can bet your ass the cost for these drugs will be insane. Seriously insane. Insurance companies will capitalize on this too and will create loopholes to make sure they aren't covered or covered only minimally, leaving only those who can afford them, to have access to them. I predict also that unlike all other new drugs on the market, the pharm companies won't be able to leave samples and push the drugs like candy. Or they will highly limit the samples so that one patient only gets maybe 1 week's worth, which is ineffective leaving them to pony up the cash or do without. And if natural sources are having a war waged against them, these alternative sources drying up, leaves an environment where the only people who have access are the wealthy and from the bastardized pharm versions of the drug.
Odd classification. Because these drugs don't heal classified illnesses that pharma has traditionally done their best to hijack or create, they are going to have to work hard to classify symptoms that they can treat, instead of illnesses. Because these drugs are natural adaptogens (something pharma can't replicate or induce or study) their morphing effects and wide range of things they heal will be hard to define in each individual. This will leave big pharma to leave out most of the things these drugs really do. It's hard to quantify and measure and will rely mostly on patient reporting of symptoms. How do you quantify and classify, "I felt an overall sense of not belonging, depressive episodes, but generally feeling shame, depersonalized, not fitting in anywhere, no sense of purpose here, confused about my identity, my place in the universe, how I fit in, what I"m doing with my life, my inability to stop seeking out addictive things like gaming, food and sex." Seriously how in the world can pharm quantify that? And the results, if they did, "I feel complete, I feel like I understand the universe, like things aren't what they look like to our eyes. I mean, I don't feel like I need to escape now, I feel protected somehow, like I'm different but more me, if that makes any sense. I care less now about what other people think and more about just living." Great result, nothing to quantify. THIS will lead to pharm using the drug for very small populations of sterile single quantifiers like depression due to ___________. Or depersonalization due to ______________. Which makes the whole unavailability thing due to other factors mentioned above, even worse. It will make it that much harder for any normal person to go to a shrink and say, hey I'm depressed. And absolutely make it impossible to go in and say, "Hey, I'm here to use a drug nature provided to generally and overall support neurotransmitters for daily maintenance of the human brain's growth and health" Ha!
And, with most depression drugs, they are legal to prescribe for "depression" and they are horrid with terrible side effects, right? And psychedelics have few to no physical side effects, especially in microdoses. BUT if you look at the clinical trials, already, they are only being tested for "Major Depressive Disorder" which is clinically defined as not having been treated successfully by previous attempts with MAOI inhibitors or SSRI's (and possibly electroshock therapy) IN CONJUNCTION with behavioral cognitive therapy. Which means you have to show history of the use of all these others forms of treatment unsuccessfully to be classified as Major Depressive OR have a history of suicide attempts. The only other depressions one can cite must be due to the affects of suffering a serious illness or PTSD from a major or serious life event.
Lastly, if you look at the negatives on the pie chart in the article, they are laughable. Not to make light of feeling weird or "uncertain" but compared to living with the damaging effects of addiction, suicidal depression and life altering panic disorder, the negatives are downright ridiculous.
Having said all this, I hope like hell I am very wrong. But I doubt I am. The law side of things, one need only look at our recent history of laws and ridiculous governmental fears and irrational actions to see that when you put government together with big pharm, the people lose.
I hope hope hope I am very wrong about at least some of this. But we'll see very soon. Considering how far along clinical trials are, I expect to see this on the market in the next 2 years or so.
Aaand all of this is just my opinion, except the top part about clinical trials.
The only thing I hope for is that since it takes up to a year to see results, pharma won't see much money in it since people like immediate fixes. But who knows.
To me the very best result is that pharma abandons, this, the people keep speaking loudly and pushing in great numbers to educate the public about psychedlics and the irrationality of the archaic and ancient laws that were put into effect rapidly under duress of a fearful social environment and the ridiculousness of making things that grow rampantly naturally, illegal. And use this time in history with the legalization of weed and widespread availability of information and ancient knowledge, to force governmental actions in the rare period of increasing popularity, increasing dissemination of information and right BEFORE the introduction of big pharma's strangle hold on them to get this stuff legalized. Of course with pharma's huge expenditure on this already, I think that window has passed.
For anyone reading this, who may only have used for recreational purposes and would like to know more about benefits or if you want to know more about the subject to educate yourself to become politically active,  google "Hiding In Plain Sight" for human history of psychedelic use. Get on YouTube and watch Psychedsubstance's channel which will lead you to others doing  work under increasingly harder conditions to educate about medical benefits in case you'd like to join the discussion on a global scale about legality and use. And listen to Joe Rogan podcasts with McKenna and others researching current use and benefits. Of course this is all crowd sourced and anecdotal at this point.
The following is not:

10 years ago:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3025138/
This is now:
http://www.maps.org/participate/participate-in-research

Go to clinicaltrials.gov, use the search engine, type in depression and psychedelics and you'll get all the current clinical trials going on in the USA for depression. I didn't search other possible illnesses they could be using.  I found these:
1. Effects of Psilocybin in Major Depressive Disorder- currently recruiting-Behavioral Pharmacology Research Unit, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Baltimore, Maryland
2.Psilocybin - Induced Neuroplasticity in the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder- currently recruiting-VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven Campus
West Haven, Connecticut
3.Psilocybin Cancer Anxiety Study- currently underway, no longer recruiting-NYU College of Dentistry Bluestone Center for Clinical Research
New York, New York
4.Dose-Response Study of MDMA-assisted Psychotherapy in People With PTSD- completed, results being analysed-Drug: Comparator-dose MDMA
Drug: Active Dose 1 MDMA
Drug: Active Dose 2 MDMA-Offices of Marcela d'Otalora
Boulder, Colorado
5.Psilocybin-assisted Group Therapy for Demoralization in Long-term AIDS Survivors- recruiting-University of California, San Francisco
This last one is interesting because basically it means you feel lost, isolated and shamed by having HIV. Interesting way to have stated a definition for use.

There are many more.
Thanks for posting and starting this discussion.

Invisiblelessismore
Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: steelcreek]
    #25366460 - 08/04/18 01:20 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

LSD in my experience always gives anxiety, the fear of people noticing you are tripping.

No matter the dose, I tried microdosing a handful or two times.

It not useful for my creativity in microdoses.
In fact I would say LSD itself does not improve working creativity for me, it makes me less organized.

But it improves intuitive creativity ... flow

I still have to work hard when back from trip if I want an artist drawing done

It cannot be done in the trip for me

Because too disorganized there

Trip disrupt thought process

But trips very useful for creative thinking, and then perfecting it once the trip is over. I have had creative breakthroughs on LSD, major spiritual insights (it is very spiritual). In fact I would prefer lsd over mushrooms any time.

Though I think mushrooms just as good. LSD just has no,zero,nada bodyload. Thus pleasant(er) trip.

So...
always anxiety, but it can bring dark to focus in our life, and heal traumas that release anxiety. But while lsd works, always anxiety for me , it dissolves my self. Even in small doses. Meaning I feel like im naked to all. Well maybe I'm just not comfortable with my nakedness you know. But I could imagine many others feeling this way, feeling like spilling out all your mind and dirties secrets =-)))

Like was it a truth serum and everyone can read your mind.. not pleasant, not even on small doses

I would not recommend tripping near family,strangers.... bad trip

The benefits I found in general microdosing....
animal consciousness
higher libido
more dynamicin life...creative boost, yet not steady workskills. So counterproductive.
easier socialability, over internet, but not in person ... feel anxiety near people physically, and often also over internet, EVEN if family. I feel their energy... become very sensitive on microdoses
more appreciation of all life and myself - the biggest reason
more in the now
more music appreciation, esp trance

it can boost sound enjoyment if you dose right

Maybe 1/5 of a strong hit, I dunno anymore

I found I easily dosed too high, thus for me microdosing worthless

too high == unproducive that day

I found crystals cand o what lsd does... but without the downsides as much
they can boost creativity,selfesteem,willpower,intuition (carnelian)

And also psychic ability

And they give you a permatrip what not to like?

Buy once, trip many times

They are psychedelic, music appreciation, body appreciation, life appreciation, nature appreciation, colors appreciation, thought appreciation

thats that crystal

it does same as lsd for me
if i combine with other crystals i can even get the morphing carpet... not kidding you
many ways to trip, we are ENERGY

crystals can activate your kundalini energy
the tripping potential is already in your body... just need to find it

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: lessismore]
    #25366849 - 08/04/18 04:50 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Its great news that like cannabis psychedelic drugs are finally being systematically tested for medical use by doctors. Since pharmaceutical companies only profit from testing patented drugs they have no reason to test cannabis or psychedelics even if they were not illegal. As long as the pharmaceutical companies write the guidelines on prescriptions their profits will dictate what drug to use rather then the drugs cost or effectiveness.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: rider420]
    #25367143 - 08/04/18 08:02 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I only have experience microdosing mushrooms (usually 150mg wild cubensis) and 1p-LSD (12.5ug). They both improve overall well being, gratitude, interest in socializing, but both interfere with recall and focus for me, shrooms much more so than LSD. I couldnt focus at all when I microdosed before , ironically, microbiology.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: morrowasted]
    #25367534 - 08/05/18 02:48 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Well psychedelics have already been known to have medicinal use for decades so anything that says this is something new, thats just a plain lie to sell the story or make it more mainstream.

That said, any positive attention is good.

Like how in Silicon Valley (HBO) Donald/Jared says "here, if you take a microdose of lsd with your breakfast youre considered a visionary"

Seems most shows that show drug use in a positive light either just have people lightheartedly smoking weed or vape pens, or if theyre trying to show "classy drug use" it is ALWAYS cocaine. Its almost funny how glamorous these shows make cocaine out to be.

In real life, ive seen rich kids doing lines that circle the entirety of a toilet seat (cant even make that shit up) then drive around in expensive audis at dangerously high speeds while tool and dillinger escape plan is blasting.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineNosmoKing
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: steelcreek]
    #25368117 - 08/05/18 12:11 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

"Possibly prescriptions will be limited to weekly like they are with pain management clinics"

I agree with a lot of what you said, and am fearful of Big Pharma.  But this part won't happen.  The limits on opioid scripts is the result of drug companies and doctors literally selling as much of the stuff as they possibly could.  That plus the addictive nature of opioids combined with the public lunacy and government prohibition.  Lots of expensive, addictive drugs causes black markets to grow, causes more ODs, causes lots of screaming to "do something, anything" causes the government to make it even harder to get prescription opioids, causes the markets to grow even more, causes even more ODs. 

Good news is, LEOs and other unsavory sorts will focus on the addictive stuff.  Not our insignificant hobby.

But I have wandered away from my main point.  Drug makers will be selling this stuff with both hands.  Pure psilocybin and psilocybin will become a commodity (unless one of these rat bastards gets sole license to make it), so drug companies will make their own version, combining it with who knows what so they can get a patent and charge a fuckton. 

Maybe somebody will combine theirs with chili powder.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by NosmoKing (08/05/18 12:13 PM)

Invisiblelessismore
Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: Fractal420]
    #25369628 - 08/06/18 08:19 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Well psychedelics have already been known to have medicinal use for decades so anything that says this is something new, thats just a plain lie to sell the story or make it more mainstream.

That said, any positive attention is good.

Like how in Silicon Valley (HBO) Donald/Jared says "here, if you take a microdose of lsd with your breakfast youre considered a visionary"

Seems most shows that show drug use in a positive light either just have people lightheartedly smoking weed or vape pens, or if theyre trying to show "classy drug use" it is ALWAYS cocaine. Its almost funny how glamorous these shows make cocaine out to be.

In real life, ive seen rich kids doing lines that circle the entirety of a toilet seat (cant even make that shit up) then drive around in expensive audis at dangerously high speeds while tool and dillinger escape plan is blasting.

Microdose on Jesus kids, he is good stuff.

I have only heard bad about that coke drug, I mean it often messes up people's lives. And I would only use psychedelics for diving deep; do it rarely, get the strongest stuff you can find, then let the ocean find you. Go deeeeeeeeeeEEp.

But I mean it, jesus is free, all the good things are free.

Invisiblelessismore
Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: lessismore]
    #25369642 - 08/06/18 08:27 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Gods things make you the ceiling of your Reality; But the devils things make you the Floor of your Reality.

Chose yourself, but chose wisely.

It says the former in the bible.

And here is my daily philosophy for you; I just fell in love with an oh so beauty and sexy apple tree, she was goddess beauty.

And when the apples fall to the floor, they spill not.

They pollute not. NO. They grow brand new beauty apple trees, tree of life.

Unlike cars which destroy your neighbors health,copd,asthma,give skin ulcers (science proven cars can give ulcers on the skin, people living near busy car roads often get skin marks due to many cars pollution).

And unlike evil drugs, or excessive sexual overuse -- they both make you the floor of your reality.

You be searching the carpets real soon for bong pieces, or wasting your seed into your socks.

That's the popular thing in the world.
Follow not what is popular.

Treat your sexuality sacred, and if you smoke weed - you may be better off not smoking it, as smoking is selfharm.

It may be given from God, but once smoked, may harm the body and mind. Notice the lack of clarity weed can give, not always increase it.

Nothing smoked usually helps the body.

I just urge more healthier ways to consume the drugs people: dont smoke that dmt, eat it.

Dont smoke da weed, eat it.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25374783 - 08/08/18 11:26 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

My point about coke and what you see on tv and netflix vs psychedelics (i dont mean the news) is that coke is pretty much in every good show, it is usually depicted as glamorous and and fairly safe (unless one gets addicted or OD's, of course the latter doesnt happen the way it does in tv shows). But yeah most good shows i can think of feature some character doing coke or theyre selling coke. Cannabis is shown quite a lot more too, but its shown to be very common, usually legal (Disjointed), whereas coke is like "i wish i had some right now". Im thinking currently of a scene where they showed how people would do blow off of spinning records (The Get Down? I think?). But here are some off the top of my head. Narcos, Snowfall, Vinyl, Bloodline, The Deuce + The Wire (not as glamorous, both are David Simons), shit even the original Twin Peaks in 89-91 used it as a macguffin. Psychedelic use is depicted in some shows. One of my favorite scenes is from a little-known 90s cartoon named Duckman, its kind of a peyote trip.

The cool part of the scene is one of the characters points out that psychedelics "arent like drugs which are bad, but [psychs are] spacey just the same.

Heres the whole thing, animated by the people who did Rugrats :smile:

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineDocDeadhead
White Wizzard
Male
Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: Fractal420]
    #25388696 - 08/14/18 07:52 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I have been microdosing liquid LSD for over a year. PTSD is completely keep in check, no triggers. Depression is mild to non-existent.

When I started, I took 15mics every day for about 4 months then backed off to every other day for a few months, cut the dose in half for a while and now 7-8mics a couple times a week. I can notice when it has been more than a couple days as the triggers start up again and I get GRUMPY!

--------------------
The Israeli's say it best:
Marijuana is [gradient:#01753F,#]"A Gift From God" -- "Tikkun Olam" -- "To Heal The World"[/gradient], they should know,
they have been using and prescribing cannabis IN THE HOSPITALS
for over 10 years now.

Invisiblelessismore
Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: DocDeadhead]
    #25389185 - 08/15/18 02:06 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

It selfdefeats the purpose of tripping though, you will have to stop microdosing for a week  or two to be able to trip.

The tolerance would prevent you? no?

I like kratom for its antidepressant effects, better than any doctor pill I ever tried, and I tried tramadol. Kratom both relieves strong pain + helps mood. It must *never* be combined with any other med. Combining pills can be deadly!

Kratom is like the weed without the damage to my lungs, just that it is not earth focused, but direct heartspace focused.

Each plant spirit its own Purpose.

Psychedelics, the Light teacher

Marijuana, the humorous Ground teacher

Kratom, the heart teacher - wise teacher

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
    #25390040 - 08/15/18 11:46 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I MD and trip still.. without an issue. MD doesn't really seem to build any tolerance at all cause it's such a small dosage.

Kratom i will never touch again.. ever... worse drug i ever tried. A little too much felt like food poisoning for a day.. a tiny bit too little it did nothing. at least for me.

MDing lsd though has been a life saver.. literally.. wiped out my depression of 35 years like it was nothing, makes me feel razor sharp and soo much energy.

Quote:

lessismore said:
It selfdefeats the purpose of tripping though, you will have to stop microdosing for a week  or two to be able to trip.

I like kratom for its antidepressant effects, better than any doctor pill I ever tried, and I tried tramadol. Kratom both relieves strong pain + helps mood. It must *never* be combined with any other med. Combining pills can be deadly!

Kratom is like the weed without the damage to my lungs, just that it is not earth focused, but direct heartspace focused.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: How and why people 'microdose' tiny hits of psychedelic drugs [Re: icetech]
    #25391959 - 08/16/18 09:20 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

^i need to give that a try. What was your dose? 25ug or so? Or less?

Im pretty sure the very threshold of psychedelic activity is 25ug of pure lsd

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblelessismore
    #25392089 - 08/16/18 10:35 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

icetech said:
I MD and trip still.. without an issue. MD doesn't really seem to build any tolerance at all cause it's such a small dosage.

Kratom i will never touch again.. ever... worse drug i ever tried. A little too much felt like food poisoning for a day.. a tiny bit too little it did nothing. at least for me.

MDing lsd though has been a life saver.. literally.. wiped out my depression of 35 years like it was nothing, makes me feel razor sharp and soo much energy.

Quote:

lessismore said:

My friend, kratom has never yet touched your heart. It is a very loving plant Spirit.

As touching as the Best LSD I ever had, and as mushroom chocolates (the mushroom spirit is also very powerful and kind, motherly love).

I honor the spirit in these tools, the tools that benefit humanity only.

Kratom is here to help.

It seems Maeng Da is the only one I like, there are several varieties. Some bring me to Earth , some to heart space. Maeng Da is heart space feelings.

I use 2x 500mg magnesia to avoid nausea. And I use the Wash N Toss method (clearly the best kratom consumption method!).

I also encourage no other drugs up to, to not interfere with Kratom. Could be dangerous.
Like I don't combine drugs in trip either, for the most Pure Trip.

Peace

Here are for reference my dosings on Maeng Da:

3.5g Maeng Da
2x 500mg Magnesia (for constipation that can get severe, as maeng da is opioid painkiller)

At that point it feels very warm and huggy, and hardly any problems in the world.
I just want to go out in nature and meditate in the grass.
It saved my life this plant, got me out of doctor pills. Tough **never combine it with them,dangerous**

It feels so good, and it expands ones thoughts like LSD/Shrooms in some instances I experienced it many times I was pretty sure. Def. some change. Very good feelings.

Hardly any worry in the world, on 3.5-4g kratom. No need to go any higher.

It is also very little addictive, less than weed was for me.

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

#25392467 - 08/16/18 01:42 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe Kratom is just not for me.. i ordered like 10 different strains. the only one i remotely liked was white meang da (can't spell it) but the good feeling didn't last long at all. and most of the time i felt worse from using it. Some drugs are just not for everyone :smile: LSD is my happy place.. and lasts a full night. i hate short trips.. did 3.6g of shrooms last night.. 2.5 hours.. blah...

Quote:

lessismore said:
Quote:

icetech said:

Quote:

lessismore said:

My friend, kratom has never yet touched your heart. It is a very loving plant Spirit.

As touching as the Best LSD I ever had, and as mushroom chocolates (the mushroom spirit is also very powerful and kind, motherly love).

I honor the spirit in these tools, the tools that benefit humanity only.

Kratom is here to help.

It seems Maeng Da is the only one I like, there are several varieties. Some bring me to Earth , some to heart space. Maeng Da is heart space feelings.

I use 2x 500mg magnesia to avoid nausea. And I use the Wash N Toss method (clearly the best kratom consumption method!).

I also encourage no other drugs up to, to not interfere with Kratom. Could be dangerous.
Like I don't combine drugs in trip either, for the most Pure Trip.

Peace

Here are for reference my dosings on Maeng Da:

3.5g Maeng Da
2x 500mg Magnesia (for constipation that can get severe, as maeng da is opioid painkiller)

At that point it feels very warm and huggy, and hardly any problems in the world.
I just want to go out in nature and meditate in the grass.
It saved my life this plant, got me out of doctor pills. Tough **never combine it with them,dangerous**

It feels so good, and it expands ones thoughts like LSD/Shrooms in some instances I experienced it many times I was pretty sure. Def. some change. Very good feelings.

Hardly any worry in the world, on 3.5-4g kratom. No need to go any higher.

It is also very little addictive, less than weed was for me.

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
    #25392478 - 08/16/18 01:45 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I have a theory that each Plant Spirit teaches a different human. I like dandelions. Mostpeople like not dandelions.

And I only really lik the maeng da, but not all the other 10-20 kratoms, made me feel bad and fuzzyheaded.

Same... some hate,absolutely hate psychedelics, fear it like the devil.
But they like cocaine.

The teacher comes when the student is ready, and the right teacher.
And in the case of cocaine, it is the right teacher for the student too.. the devil, to destroy their life. For they valued not life. They wanted to play big. Like kings for themselves.

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

#25392958 - 08/16/18 05:28 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
^i need to give that a try. What was your dose? 25ug or so? Or less?

Im pretty sure the very threshold of psychedelic activity is 25ug of pure lsd

Sorry i didn't see this earlier, I started at 15ug and worked down til it worked and didn't give me any buzz at all. which is 7-8 twice a week.. works wonders. over 12 i start feeling it and makes work a bit much..

Most people end up around 10-11, i seem to be overly sensitive to shit. which cracks my buddy up. 2 hits on a joint and i'm done.. shrooms hit me fast.. all that. Which i find nice, always felt bad for the guys that talk bout smoking a either of weed just to get a buzz :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25393786 - 08/17/18 04:53 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Im overly sensitive to psychs too. When i trip on shrooms even "for real", im pretty tripped out from like 1.5 to 2g if theyre err... "shroomery strength" ill say

To take 15ug id have to cut a 150ug tab into 10 pieces. Lol, damn.

Those 150s get me so tripped out tho.

Kratom is what id call an atypical opioid, its not for everyone. I dunno why anyone would compare it to lsd, its so completely different :shrug:

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

#25393994 - 08/17/18 08:10 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I never cut tabs, they are laid too uneven, you will get spots with no acid.. then a spot with 20ug in a tiny bit, i make a liquid solution out of them which averages it nicely then just use a oral syringe and take my dose..

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Im overly sensitive to psychs too. When i trip on shrooms even "for real", im pretty tripped out from like 1.5 to 2g if theyre err... "shroomery strength" ill say

To take 15ug id have to cut a 150ug tab into 10 pieces. Lol, damn.

Those 150s get me so tripped out tho.

Kratom is what id call an atypical opioid, its not for everyone. I dunno why anyone would compare it to lsd, its so completely different :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules