Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

how to have a bad trip???
    #2529698 - 04/05/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

well like the title states i want to know just that. I want peoples opinions on what has caused them to have a bad trip.You are probably wanting to know why would i want to induce a bad trip on myself. Well the answer is kinda simple when you think about it. I feel I grow more as a person and take things more to heart when they are bad. So I am hoping by having a bad trip I will learn more about myself. Also in case any of you were wondering i am a really up beat and happy person i just want to know myself very well is all. So gimme what you got, what scares you or bothers you.....music, pictures, topics of dissusion anything that you can think of that makes your trip head south, thnx in advance-LJ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMojoRisin
journeyman
Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: littlejohn747]
    #2529729 - 04/05/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

first some questions: have you ever shroomed before? if not, I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into. Shrooming for a positive outlook on life by means of a bad trip doesn't always work the way you may hope, although it's deffinitley possible. AS far as how to have a bad trip, you could go somewhere in public by yourself, and depending heavily on your self confidence and restraint, you could become reall paranoid and have a bad trip. Although thats the kind of bad trip where u freak out and have a terrible time. For you, just trip somewhere by yourself in a peaceful setting, you'll get more out of them that way.....

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2529743 - 04/05/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, it's not so much a movie or a picture that puts me in a bad trip. One usually heads down the spiral because of an unresolved deeper problem that they are confronted with during a trip.

Another could be an unpleasant setting, such as a metal concert, or in a shopping mall.

IMO, it's not necessary to induce a bad trip. I understand your reasoning, some of the most valuable moments come from unflattering circumstances. But these valuable moments are because of something internal that causes you to have a bad trip.
If you have a bad trip because someone else around you is an asshole, or you're in a bad setting, or something else that is an external influence, it will do no more to you than put you in a pissed off mood, making you feel alienated and feel the trip was worthless.

The best bad trips are from internal strife.

One will come to you, I promise. If you trip enough, you will have a bad trip--because no one's consciousness is 100% positive all the time. If you really want one of these, this is my suggestion:
Trip by yourself, in a safe location (your room, perhaps). Confront something that you fear, and analyze it. Make it wash over you, and control your thoughts. This will put you head on into what you are afraid of, what is a stain on your consciousness.
If you find a way out, a resolution, this is the precious moment of a bad trip--the lesson learned, so to speak.

heh, amidst my ramblings, any help?

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2529759 - 04/05/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

All my "bad trips" have been caused by police, either real or imaginary. I guess I'm scared of going to jail.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #2529917 - 04/05/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Blastrid's post was perfect. The type of bad trip that you would "induce" as you have put it, will be worthless. The only real bad trips that have any meaning (of which I have had 2) come from something inside of you, that you will think about while tripping which you are not comfortable with, etc.

For me, the worst bad trip I had seemed to come out of nowhere, and it has left me forever changed. (NOT in a good way) so I'd like you to know that what you're doing, you might regret for the rest of your life. During a trip on 8 woodrose seeds + 2g shrooms + 3g syrian rue, I was shown what I would consider the most intense revelation of my life. I had been tripping a lot prior to this event, and I got the biggest pychedelic ass kicking of my life. It was not a specific thought, more of an abstraction. We have no meaning here. I realized the true meaninglessness of our existance here. It was pure, black, depression. I felt like death. (not ego death) All I could feel was the infinite emptiness inside of me, and I still feel it now ever since that day and I will feel it until the day I die. I have had extreme difficulty feeling my emotions since then, though I am still getting good grades in school, etc, my mind will never be the same. I just don't feel like myself anymore but I have adapted to it a LOT since it first happened, I thought I was going crazy during the first month.

Turns out it's called Depersonalization disorder.

For me, that day shaped the rest of my life. June, 13th 2003. I will NEVER be the same. I want you to understand what you are about to do. Some bad trips are rewarding, but others such as the one I have described, will leave you changed forever in a way that is beyond nightmarish. I am still 'recovering' from it almost 1 year later, though I will never really recover. I have had awesome ++++ trips since then, but that came from pure ego loss on DPT which did not include "me" in the trip, and therefore is not in the same league as shrooms, LSD, etc.

I find it extremely difficult to have a successful shrooms trip now without these feelings of emptiness coming back, I will never forget what happened on that day, and everytime I trip on shrooms mainly the feelings come back during at least a portion of the trip. I'm not saying I havent had awesome trips since then, but what happened on that day will always be a part of me, and it is a terrible thing.

I'm not trying to scare anyone off from tripping, just demonstrating how truly devastating a bad trip can be. I have since concluded that trip merely revealed my true nature to myself, which is void. Nothingness. But I'm not sure I wanted to see that I guess... so I don't know what to say. I'm still kind of figuring it out...

But to answer your question, if you want to learn from a bad trip, don't force it. Like Blastrid said, it will happen eventually if you are a true tripper. Just wait for it, you'll see.

--------------------

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2530064 - 04/06/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Oh.. you guys are probably asking yourself why the FUCK I'm still tripping after that day... well simply because it's what I was meant to do, and that event didn't derail me.  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

#2530223 - 04/06/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

To answer some questions yes i have triped befor and have been doing it for a few years now(so i am not new to this). Also blastrid you really did help put things into perspective. I reading your post I realize I can't just kinda force myself to grow more, I need to wait for the experences. I would also like to let you guys know like i said befor I am a very happy person(90% of the time ).I guess to understand a little more why i wanted this in the first place you would have to understand that i am a person of extreams. I believe in pushing my mind and body to the limits, in the hopes that in the end I truely know myself.Heman uses shrooms for 2 reason's 1. for fun:) 2. for the purpose of pushing the mind and knowing myself.Hey free thinker great post I think i see where you are comming from. You went into the trip looking for somthing or trying to work somthing out but somtimes you find things you just don't wait to know(until it's to late). It's like they say (somtimes) Ignorence is bliss.I mean everone has some people in this world that are the most simple minded bastered's and don't have to pennies to rub togethor but they are happy, why are they happy. Maybe simply because they don't know any better. thnx for everones help i think i am going to do like you suggest blastrid and try to trip alone and look deep into myself for somthing i don't like or that bothers mean. I am kinda new to the tripping to further my mind(still growing up a little :smile: )

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
    #2531160 - 04/06/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

a bad trip is a combination of several things, i have bad trips very rarely, and its usually from a not so high dose of whatever... bad trips are kinda fun after you come down and think about it... although i have been shrooming for sometime now and have yet to have a bad trip, even on 7 grams... acid is not hard to have a bad trip on because the trip is so overwhelming and you can think right... but still fun to look at later, dont fear bad trips people...

OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Loc: Bozeman, Montana
Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2531203 - 04/06/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

First of all, Littlejohn747, I think that you are a really good presenter. You really know how to talk about how you feel and I respect that. Anyways, I know that one way for you to trip badly and really hard, is to dose on more mushrooms. I know the first time I dosed on 7 grams, I immediatly started having a bad trip once it kicked in, because it is too much too fast. This was can help you accomplish your goal, but only if you really want one. The really neat thing about your situation, is that you are so happy that you have to try to have a bad trip. That is really nice that you can take shrooms and never have a bad trip, unless you try that is. Anyways, good luck on the bad tripping I guess, and again man I really respect what you are saying. Peace.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2531557 - 04/06/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

eat a quarter and find the most annoying, talktive, stuckup, superficial girl you know and sit down with her and listen to her endless stories of who's cheating on who and what happened at brads house when jessica was in new york, and liek omg!!!

i sat though that not to long ago and ended up having a pretty shitty night, just listening to that girl made me puke, then i would feel better and she'd start again and kept making me throw up, everytime she opened her mouth i had to run to the bathroom :frown:

hmm not exactly the kinda bad trip you're looking for though :tongue:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: John]
    #2531564 - 04/06/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: that sucks dude, I would have just walked away and been like "fuck off bitch I'm trippin'"!

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2531838 - 04/06/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

> want peoples opinions on what has caused them to have a bad trip.

I haven't ready everybody elses opinion, but here is mine (apologies if I am repeating what somebody else has stated):

Mushrooms amplify emotions.

This is why set and setting are so important to the outcome of a trip. If you are in a good frame of mind starting out, in a comfortable setting, doing what you like, then the mushrooms will amplify those good emotions and your trip will turn out really well.

On the other hand, if you are stressed out, tripping when you don't want to be, upset about something, trying to escape, and in a bad frame of mind, then the mushrooms are going to amplify those feelings and your trip will turn out really ugly.

Even if you are on the good side of things, if you take a lot, and start to loose control, the trip can go bad. Not because you are loosing control, but because you are fighting to keep control. As you start to get worried, your emotions amplify, and you get scared, and a horrid cycle of negative feedback takes over.

With this in mind, if you are having a bad trip there are certain things you can do to try and help it out. If you are loosing control, don't fight it... let go. Everything will be fine when the drug wears off.

If you are having a bad trip and are in contol, do something different. If you are inside, try going out for a bit. Turn on a light, or turn off a light. Change the music, switch to a different room, try a little ice cream... anything to get your mind out of the negative loop cycle. Once you start to enjoy something, the good vibes get amplified, and things get better, etc...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: Seuss]
    #2532166 - 04/06/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

phenethyl i said i wanted to have a bad trip, not that i wanted to use cruel and unusual punismnet on myself. seriously though i don't think i could stand a person like that sober let alone on some kind of mind altering drug.
seuss You look at mushrooms very much the same way i do. I have many friends that don't take anything(for one reson or another) and they ask me what it is like. So i tell them all the same thing it takes what ever you are feeling inside and increases it 10 fold.
tremor i kinda agree with what you said about acid i have found those trips to be a litle darker. On the other hand The last time i did acid was years ago and I was at a different stage in my life so who knows maybe now would be different(won't know about that though till acid makes it's come back :heartpump:)
thnx again for everones help. I hope this helps others that may be in the same shoes as me but if it doesn't thnx anyways.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: John]
    #2532349 - 04/06/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Are you masochist? :tongue:

Offlinemark2000
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: Gus]
    #2532577 - 04/06/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

3 words, take too much

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: mark2000]
    #2532813 - 04/06/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

haha no i don't enjoy pain(well maybe a little :devil:).Now let me ask you a question, how well do you know yourself? Do you know your limits(not just drug wise but for anything really)?Do you know what weaknesses you have or charactor flaws? some people are happy in life just getting by and not asking themselves certain questions Like i stated above i am (unfortunatly or not unforuantly) one of those people.

Thnx for the advice mark but heman has eaten 5 1/2 grams up to this point and been fine.....he is slowly testing his limits.I find it is not so much How much i eat but things i am doing at the time that make me start to head south as i like to put it.

OfflineTurnpikeGates
Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2533956 - 04/07/04 05:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't want to derail this thread, but I just wanted to say that I can totally relate to Chief's comment. Both the police, and putting "bad trip" in quotes. In my case it's never been real police, but just the fear of police, or more generally "getting caught" has thrown me into negative loops and fucked up my trip. That's one of the two formulas for a bad trip that I've experienced. The other is fear of losing control. It's become frustratingly common for me to have a voice telling me "come with us... let go" and other such enticements, and the whole time my fragile ego is going NO WAY, and I fight to hold on...

however, the reason I put "bad trip" in quotes is because no matter how insane it gets, I always come out of it with positive feelings. the first time it happened (my second trip) was the paranoia/cops trip, and it ended with me realizing I was pretty much sober, and I was happy about that... so not so successful. however, the next time, I went all the way to my lowest point, and then I realized that it wasn't going to get any worse, and that realization instantly freed me, and I went on to have the best trip of my life (though I was probably technically "down" at that point).

basically, every trip since my first one (and a few really low dose trips... we're talking significantly less than half an eighth) has been a "bad trip." it's something I wish I could get over, and I'm confident I will. in fact every time I trip, I'm sure this will be the one where I cross over. but even with these "bad trips" I usually reach a point (sadly, it's usually after the peak) where I'm better off for the shit I went through.

anyway, since I rambled on so long, I'll conclude:
a quick road to a bad trip is to put yourself in a situation where it's reasonable to worry about "getting caught" (whatever that means)... or to fight the trip the whole way. good luck.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: TurnpikeGates]
    #2535136 - 04/07/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

^^^ Good post

He brings up a good point as well I have only once had to actually deal with a policeman while tripping, but it didn't throw me into a bad trip at all, just  extreme paranoia while talking to him as well as nervousness that he knew I wasn't sober. (He didn't)  We were sitting in a parking lot next to the 24 Hour conveniance store in my town, it was like 1am and I'm pretty sure this was my 2nd trip ever (shrooms).  But anyway I was sitting in shotgun in my friends Rav4 rolling a joint and a cop walked across the front of the car flashing a light into the car going towards the drivers seat.  I almost shat myself.  As quickly as possible I batted all the shit off my lap, weed and all... and I was SURE he had seen me. 

Luckily he didn't and he asked what we were doing, we bullshitted him and left.  After that my trip was 10x better because I thought "Holy shit I just got away with tripping in front of the police and they were none the wiser... HAHAHAH!!" you guys know what I mean lol

But the trips where it was actually a horrible, bad trip were composed of FEAR.  I was worried that I would be "caught" sometimes even under circumstances where there was nothing to be worried about.  Like I was "ashamed" of the state I was in, and someone was going to catch me and there would be consequences.  That kind of stuff.  But anyway... yeah

:laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2536848 - 04/07/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I rarely have bad trips, almost never, but to have a bad trip, think of something that you really hate or really annoys you. If you can communicate or see or whatnot with that thing, go ahead. If you hold a strong hate for a political figure or a certain ideology or way of thinking or symbol or anything, look at it, read it, constantly think of it while tripping. Before this, eat a very large dose of shrooms.

Chances are, this will help you have a bad trip, and I can understand why you would want to have a bad trip, but, as it has been pointed out, bad trips are not life changing because they're bad; they're life changing because they resolved an inner conflict. The more logical course might be to just eat a very high dose of shrooms, sit in a dark room with good music and look within yourself; see if you have any unresolved problems and conflicts. Almost everyone does. If you have a strong mind and a deep way of thinking, by doing this you can have all the benefits a bad trip brings without the actual bad trip.

It works better if you meditate, too. An unmeditated mind is in chaos, always wandering off, being distracted by the visuals and unable to look within. This isn't bad if you want to just get fucked up, but if you want a spiritual trip you should look deeper. With meditation, you can funnel all the energy into the depths of your mind, open your third eye and see the precious moments of life pass by, good and bad.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

Re: how to have a bad trip??? [Re: Ravus]
    #2537392 - 04/07/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ravuus, that is kinda what i have been gathering by this thread. I think i will do just that.....eat a high dosage like 7 or 8 grams and be some place by myself and see what happens.I have tried meditating befor a couple of times but i have a very hard time keeping my mind from wondering> the way my friend told me to do it was to picture a candle in my mind with a flame that gets bigger and bigger and bigger. It sounds kinda dumb but I can only have my flame get so big and i want to jump right to the end where my flame is huge and i have to start over again because i lose my train of thought. I hope what i explained makes some sense, maybe you guys have some methods of meditation for a newb?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates