Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Hrmmm
    #2536232 - 04/07/04 07:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"My mind goes blank and I begin to stare at the floor; the more I stare at the floor the more blurry it becomes until it finally turns into exactly what I am feeling... nothing. At this point I just want to feel something, anything, I don't care if its pain, anger, happiness, just something to let me know I'm still alive. My mind suddenly becomes active...

Alive? what is being alive anyway, like really, is it gossip, late night movies, social gatherings, parties, systemized education, a job and wife, life insurance, two kids, a dog-named spike, and finally old age with little to show? If that were the case, don't call 911, call the morgue because I now walk with the reaper, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But... there are too many variables..."

I like that piece of writing, not sure why I posted it in here  :confused:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Hrmmm [Re: Just_a_Shadow]
    #2536346 - 04/07/04 08:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you wrote it?

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hrmmm [Re: zeta]
    #2536365 - 04/07/04 08:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I did actully, when Im troubled, I tend to write all my negitive thoughts in a form of a story. Puts my mind at ease usually.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2536486 - 04/07/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I like it, in a chill kinda beetnick way. I often just fuzz out and stair at something not thinking till all is blury and fuzzy. Which is often how I look at the world and its people. When ever I am in a goroup and they get all chaty I sort of disconect my self disasociate my self. I dont know how or how I can stop it its just that I dont care even though I do. Wierd any ways. Nice peace.

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hrmmm [Re: ]
    #2536521 - 04/07/04 09:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I know that feeling also, Its not a matter of if you can stop it really, its a matter of if you WANT to stop it. Because nothing, sometimes, is better then something.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2536528 - 04/07/04 09:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

yeah I could do it for hours. But normaly its mayebe a few minutes.

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hrmmm [Re: ]
    #2536570 - 04/07/04 09:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What do you think causes it? Drugs? Depression?

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2537035 - 04/07/04 11:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I know exactly what you feel dude. I've felt empty or a nothingness for awhile now. I've been pretty depressed too, like I just don't understand anything and almost stopped caring. I want to feel connection or something with people, but I don't think I can anymore. Everything is just a question. I dunno dude, it sucks though.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinekroum
Stranger
Loc: CA
    #2537721 - 04/08/04 02:07 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I can also relate. I also have moments where I completely detach myfelf form the world, even from my thoughts, it's like my mind just wants to stop and give up for a while, it doesn't want to interpret the world around it... I don't feel bad or good about those moments, they're neutral...

I also, however have the exact opposite moments as well... like I"d be staring at something and then all of a sudden I'd realize the intricacy of what i'm looking at, the infinite detail and infinite information stored in it... like I could look at the ground or a stoner and I'd imagine all the little ridges on it, what they look like if I zoomed in, whether thre was something living there and I'll just go into a trance, contemplating the infinite importance of everything around me... sometimes that makes me feel really good, sometimes it makes me feel really small and insignificant... sometimes I have a very strong feeling of futility... In the end though... all's well that ends well... Both types of experiences remind me the beauty of existance, and at the same time help me cope with my inevitable non-existance that will happen one day.

--------------------
"Why not?"
Last words of Timothy Leary

OfflineZenji
Subba

#2538282 - 04/08/04 07:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm, life.

--------------------
Have some tea.

Anonymous #1

#2538391 - 04/08/04 09:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Both.

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hrmmm [Re: kroum]
    #2541039 - 04/08/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thats some perdy crazy shit, but I can relate I think, I've gotten to the point where I thought I had most of it figured out, then BANG, everything went to hell and nothing makes sense anymore, and everything is just doubt and questions, even when someones talkin about right or wrong, I just think to myself "Pft, whos to say whats right or wrong?, the bible?, who created the bible?" n then it just cycles again, and everything seems to just seems so pointless.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being